• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

So the game is 15 bucks, but all the DLC is $30? How does that work? What's in the DLC anyway?

Dress up parts for your character. Hats, clothes, accessories, etc. In the arcade version, these were things that were earned from playing, but have been relegated to just purchase only items in the XBL/PSN version of the game.

alstein

So the game is 15 bucks, but all the DLC is $30? How does that work? What's in the DLC anyway?

Customization parts (customization is Tekken style, aka character specific, but probably on par with SC5+ all costume DLC)

If you don't get the DLC, the only thing you'll miss is seeing customizations- you won't see it on your opponents.

One thing I'm curious about- since I suspect most customs will be Type S base, does that mean that folks who don't get the DLC will be seeing a lot of swimsuits?

Vespa

THIS IS REAL.

The day is almost upon us when we can quench our thirst! You threw all you had at us, SEGA, but we endured and now we will bask on the platinum beaches of Jeffry's island.

This and GGXX...I need to pinch myself.

Coxy

will be waiting with my finger over the button to play this the day it comes out. Havent really platyed much since VF2 but I'll be playing some rusty Jeffry
add me on PSN: Zieghardt

sephi22

Excellent OT. I feel obligated to play every (good) fighting game so gonna pick this up day 1.

Could someone explain what Shun Di's drinks do? I'm watching the Fuudo vs Chibita FT5 exhibition and the announcers are putting emphasis on Fuudo getting 16 drinks in.

soakrates

Posting up the stream archive of the Tokyo Bay Area Cup Vol. 4 3on3 tournament from this past weekend. About five hours of footage in all. There were quite a few star players in this one, including Fuudo, Itoshun and Joseph.

Part 1: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22883041 (first match about 6 minutes in)
Part 2: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22883296
Part 3 (Playoff): http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22885766
Part 4: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22886207
Part 5: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22886516

More information about this and the other VF Relationship tourneys here: http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/312123#Post312123

Sayah

Great OT.
I already bought a PSN card for this. Can't wait.
Core gamers will often credit Street Fighter 2 with starting the fighting game boom, and with Street Fighter 4 "reviving" it, but between those two games, Sega's storied franchise evolved the genre in so many ways that you'll wonder why the hell this series is so often ignored in the West.

It's because it's too complex for the Americans. :p

Doomshine

Excellent OT. I feel obligated to play every (good) fighting game so gonna pick this up day 1.

Could someone explain what Shun Di's drinks do? I'm watching the Fuudo vs Chibita FT5 exhibition and the announcers are putting emphasis on Fuudo getting 16 drinks in.

Access to new moves and more damage if I remember correctly.

"Could someone explain what Shun Di's drinks do? I'm watching the Fuudo vs Chibita FT5 exhibition and the announcers are putting emphasis on Fuudo getting 16 drinks in."

Unlocks moves, increases damage very slightly.

And since it ended up as the last post of the page:

FYI, IRC is way easier for setting up matches (you don't need to have your xbox/ps3 on, much easier to communicate with a group of people at once). When we decided to all get together on IRC for Gundam EXVS, it became significantly easier to start up a lobby (and keep it populated).

irc.globalgamers.net
#vfgaf

Weblink for people who don't have IRC setup.

"The announcers just said 'storing moves'. I guess some moves are amazing are use up a set number of drinks. Its like Shun's own meter mechanic (like Hakumen in BB)"

There are some moves that will deduct his own drink points, but you don't see those used too often. Every character has moves that reduce his DP and you WILL see those used in combos a lot.

Sayah

How did it evolve the game exactly?

The reply to the quote was more of a joke post. :p
I haven't played Virtua Fighter in like a decade, lol. Although, generally speaking, I believe VF is regarded as one of the most technical fighters.

Jack-Nicholson-Creep-Mode.gif

XBL: DaPheenom

DRE Fei

flRWu.gif

Less than a week to go!

I like the fact that the online stats only show battle points to the other player and not win/loss ratio and the online achievements don't require win streaks. They finally put a disconnect ratio/rating sort of thing in the game as well. The 8 player lobbies for this are going to be so good.

Agent X

I can't believe this is just over a week away. This is an incredible package. Although I'm not a great VF player, I'll be sure to get this on the first day.

XBL and PSN-ShinobiFist

I'm ready, been ready. My rooms will be fill with high level players like Denkai, Cidkid, Chief Flash, Konjou and other VFDC buddies I have. This will be the first VF I'm taking super serious. Always played this game at my own pace for a decade. Haven't taken a fighting game serious since the 3rd Strike and GG days. Lets have fun GAF!

XBL and PSN-ShinobiFist

I'm ready, been ready. My rooms will be fill with high level players like Denkai, Cidkid, Chief Flash, Konjou and other VFDC buddies I have. This will be the first VF I'm taking super serious. Always played this game at my own pace for a decade. Haven't taken a fighting game serious since the 3rd Strike and GG days. Lets have fun GAF!
Damn, you're gonna level up hella fast. I've got some ugly beatings coming my way.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Great OT.
I already bought a PSN card for this. Can't wait.

It's because it's too complex for the Americans. :p
VF was my go to intro fighting game for casuals for a long time. There is plenty of depth but the mechanics are really intuitive.

I think a lot of people are put off by the way it looks. It's just not as flashy in motion as a Namco or Capcom fighter.

Finished Dark Souls. Bought another HRAP. Joined #vfgaf. My body is ready.

I'll be playing on PS3 (EU, user name: MikeProtagonist), mostly Aoi until I get comfortable, then most likely Akira, Wolf, Goh and/or Vanessa depending on how I like their changes. Relative beginner but I've been playing for quite some time.

"Could someone explain what Shun Di's drinks do? I'm watching the Fuudo vs Chibita FT5 exhibition and the announcers are putting emphasis on Fuudo getting 16 drinks in."

Unlocks moves, increases damage very slightly.

And since it ended up as the last post of the page:

FYI, IRC is way easier for setting up matches (you don't need to have your xbox/ps3 on, much easier to communicate with a group of people at once). When we decided to all get together on IRC for Gundam EXVS, it became significantly easier to start up a lobby (and keep it populated).

irc.globalgamers.net
#vfgaf

Weblink for people who don't have IRC setup.
for those that need an easy link: http://cbe004.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.globalgamers.net&channel=%23vfgaf

Ogni-XR21

So getting this. Not sure about the DLC though...

I used to play VF 1-3 A LOT with friends around. To the extent that only one friend could keep up with me. Now, years later, I still love the series but nobody wants to play with me any more and I'll probably get my ass handed to me when trying this online...

Soulstar

I'm definitely ready for some Virtua Fighter action.

PSN: TheLoveCook
XBL: The Love Cook

Because of the money situation I won't be getting the XBL version for about a week or two later but PSN is day one.

I'm so excited to see what new moves my main Sarah has.

Endo Punk

My Jacky-Lion combo is going to one two punch knock-out all who oppose me..... I probably wont even play online to keep the illusion that Im the best VF player in the world.

PSN: djplaeskool

I look forward to, much like in Arcana Heart 3, barely stepping a foot above scrub level.
Let's scrub it out...together!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
All Gamertags/Profiles have been added to the OT :D

Japan or US/Canada west coast people, feel free to add me so I can jack up my win rate. :)

Top Bottom