• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novel Community

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

About This Game​

Experience the visual novel that shook a generation. "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" (The Eternity You Desire) comes to Steam in an enhanced edition, offering a poignant journey through love, loss, and the complexities of human relationships.

KimiNozo__Enhanced-Edition_MENU_A-Classic-Reborn.png

First released in 2001, "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien" quickly became a cornerstone of the visual novel genre, influencing countless stories that followed. Now, everyone can experience this incredible story in English for the first time.

hayase_swim_en.png

Features:​
  • Massive Narrative: Immerse yourself in a mature, dramatic storyline that explores the depths of human emotion and the consequences of life-altering decisions.​
  • Unforgettable, Realistic Characters: Connect with a cast of deep, well-developed characters whose growth and relationships evolve throughout the story.​
  • Expanded Content: This definitive edition includes the original game plus three afterstories and a full-length retelling of Chapter 1 with new endings for each heroine. It also includes the the bonus episode "Kanashimi wa Kaze no You ni" (“Sorrow, Like the Wind”) from the first edition printing of "Kimi ga Nozomu Eien Latest Edition"! ​
  • Hours and Hours of Gameplay: Dive into a rich, branching narrative that offers tremendous replay value and multiple endings to discover.​

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NekoNyan announced they will publish the Cube-developed visual novel Hacking the Moon to Find My Goddess on PC in the West. The game was initially released in 2020 in Japan as Kami-Sama no You na Kimi e, but is now making its way to the West.
In Hacking the Moon to Find My Goddess, also known as Kami-Sama no You na Kimi e in Japan, Kaito Shiromae is a young man with exceptional hacking skills. Despite being a student, Kaito manages to breach the ultimate security challenge, gaining root access to Central-AI, a system that oversees countless AIs globally. In this highly advanced society, AI manages most of human infrastructure. Seizing his newfound power, Kaito commands Central-AI to help him meet a girl who is madly in love with him, kind, and with certain physical attributes.

However, the AI responds with no matching results. Undeterred, Kaito goes to bed dejected. Central-AI, considering his command, activates a factory in the dead of night and creates a robot to fulfill his request. Days later, a girl named Tsukuyomi, seemingly tailor-made to be Kaito’s ideal woman, appears at his doorstep. This visual novel explores the unexpected consequences and emotional complexities of Kaito’s wish being granted.

All the NekoNyan's VN Announcements/Updates at Otakon 2024 can be found here ⬇️

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

😳
Games included in this video (no timestamps, sorry, there's too many to allow)
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of Fujisawa
Inescapable: No Rules, No Rescue
Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz
Sentimental Death Loop
Star Melody: Yumemi Dreamer
Undead Darlings ~no cure for love~
Paradigm Paradox
Food Girls 2: Civil War
Sainan Tantei Saiga
Root Letter: Last Answer
My Girlfriend is a Mermaid!?
Murder by Numbers
Werewolf: The Apocalypse - Heart of the Forest
Read Only Memories: Neurodiver
LoveKami trilogy
Yurukill
Shinjuku Soumei
Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World: The Prophecy of the Throne
Necrobarista
Fox Awaits Me, The
Neo Cab
Bakumatsu Renka Shinsengumi: Jinchuu Houkoku no Shi
Vampire the Masquerade Coteries and Shadows of New York
Our World Is Ended
Food Girls
Tokyo School Life
Celestia: Chain of Fate
Arcade Spirits: The New Challengers
Battlefield Waltz
Another Code: Recollection
Bunny Garden
Abyss of the Sacrifice
LOOPERS
Read Only Memories 2064
Radiant Tale: Fanfare!
Root Film
Arcade Spirits
KonoSuba
7 Scarlet
Robotics;Notes DaSH Elite Dash Double Pack
Aviary Attorney: Definitive Edition
Amairo Chocolate
Return to Shironagasu Island
Oshi no Love yori Koi no Love + Love or Die
Charade Maniacs
Clannad Side Stories
Digimon Survive
Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
Archetype Arcadia
Chrono Cross Radical Dreamers Edition
Variable Barricade
Curse of Kudan, The
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE
ONE.
The Fox Awaits Me HANA
The Wreck
Saint Maker
Harmonia
Letter: A Horror Visual Novel, The
TEMIRANA: THE LUCKY PRINCESS AND THE TRAGIC KNIGHTS
Winter’s Wish: Spirits of Edo
Yumeutsutsu Re: Master Bundle Pack
Buried Stars
Lover Pretend
Sympathy Kiss
Tokyo Chronos & Altdeus: Beyond Chronos Twin Pack
Grisaia: Phantom Trigger 01 to 05
If Found…(Annapurna Interactive Collection)
Amnesia
World End Syndrome
Fault - Milestone One
Process of Elimination
Needy Girl Overdose
GINKA
Hatsumira From The Future Undying
Chicken Police
Coffee Talk 1 & 2 Double Pack
Love Esquire
Planetarian: Dream of Little Star & Snow Globe
Steam Prison
Amnesia: Later x Crowd
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! -Pirates of the Disturbance
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark
AI: The Somnium Files - Nirvana Initiative
Meiji Tokyo Renka Full Moon
Norn9: Var Commons
Hookah Haze
Miracle Snack Shop
SINce Memories: Off the Starry Sky
WILL: A Wonderful World
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Some Some Convenience Store
Crimson Flower that Divides: Lunar Coupling, The
Piofiore: Fated Memories
Grisaia: Phantom Trigger 5.5 to 08
Taishou x Alice: HEADS&TAILS
Tomoyo After: It's A Wonderful Life - CS Edition
Genso Manège
Heart of the Woods
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark II
Nurse Love Obsession
Tengoku Struggle: Strayside
Spirit Hunter NG
Fatal Twelve
Utakata no Uchronia
Despera Drops
Code:Realize Wintertide Miracles
Radiant Tale
Maitetsu: Pure Station
Nightshade
Anonymous;Code
Norn9: Last Era
Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~
If My Heart Had Wings
Lunaria: Virtualized Moonchild
Kanon
Cafe Enchante
Senren*Banka
Birushana Rising Flower of Genpei
Cupid Parasite: Sweet and Spicy Darling
Slay the Princess
Island
Tales from Toyotoki: Arrival of the Witch
Danganronpa Decadence
Root Double: Before Crime * After Days - Xtend Edition
The Town of Nie
Ace Attorney Investigations Collection
AI: The Somnium Files
Bustafellows
Collar x Malice: Unlimited
Olympia Soiree
Hakuoki: Chronicles of Wind and Blossom
Piofiore: Episodio 1926
Akai Ito & Aoi Shiro HD Remaster
VA-11 HALL-A
Butterfly's Poison; Blood Chains
Muv-Luv + Muv-Luv Alternative
Of the Red, the Light, and the Ayakashi Tsuzuri
Raging Loop
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Hana Awase New Moon Collection
YU-NO
9 R.I.P.
Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~
Chaos;Head Noah / Chaos;Child Double Pack
Fruit, Labyrinth, and Eden of Grisaia Full Package
SeaBed
Cupid Parasite
Silver Case 2425, The
Taishou x Alice: All in One
Aokana: Four Rhythm Across the Blue
Collar x Malice
Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
B-PROJECT RYUSEI*FANTASIA
Virche Evermore: ErroR:salvation
Hashihime of the Old Book Town
Little Busters!
Witch on the Holy Night
CLANNAD
Jack Jeanne
Tsukihime A Piece of Blue Glass Moon
House in Fata Morgana Dreams of the Revenants
Steins;Gate Elite

Thick Thighs Save Lives

There's some good reccomandations on there I missed. Added them to my VN List 👀
I've finished watching the entire video, and these are all the visual novels that I've added to my wishlist, which I plan on getting by the end of this year from Amazon JP. They all have English language support or will receive an English patch soon, like in the case of Kanon. I already own the rest of the ones mentioned in the video that I'm interested in, including most of the top visual novels with a physical release found on VNDB. Not interested in picking up Otome, BL, or digital only releases.

Oh and there's 2 games in this screenshot that are not VNs: Witch Spring R & Mushihimesama.

57vMJ6L.png

There's also several VNs I'll be getting locally.

71sgz7Y69wL._AC_SL1359_.jpg
tales-from-toyotoki-arrival-of-the-witch-800553.8.jpg

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I've finished watching the entire video, and these are all the visual novels that I've added to my wishlist, which I plan on getting by the end of this year from Amazon JP. They all have English language support or will receive an English patch soon, like in the case of Kanon. I already own the rest of the ones mentioned in the video, including most of the top visual novels with a physical release found on VNDB. Not interested in picking up Otome, BL, or digital only releases.

Oh and there's 2 games in this screenshot that are not VNs: Witch Spring R & Mushihimesama.

57vMJ6L.png

There's also several VNs I'll be getting locally.

71sgz7Y69wL._AC_SL1359_.jpg
tales-from-toyotoki-arrival-of-the-witch-800553.8.jpg

Yeah I'm tempted to get the Muv-Luv Games since I think they said it is all three games

Also You should check out his other channel. I love watching that one too

Both his channels goes over physical Switch Releases, whether they are in USA, Europe or Japan

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yeah I'm tempted to get the Muv-Luv Games since I think they said it is all three games

Also You should check out his other channel. I love watching that one too
Will def give his other channel a look.
Both his channels goes over physical Switch Releases, whether they are in USA, Europe or Japan
Yeah, I've noticed that from this video I just finished watching. I'm very thankful for that since I'm mainly interested in VNs that are released physically, and preferably on the Switch.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Will def give his other channel a look.

Yeah, I've noticed that from this video I just finished watching. I'm very thankful for that since I'm mainly interested in VNs that are released physically, and preferably on the Switch.

Yeah his other Channel especially goes over the weekly Physical Switch releases in the USA, Europe and Japan. He even specifies if there's English subs/dubs with the Japanese releases. His videos have been very helpful for me

His other youtube channel

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Yeah his other Channel especially goes over the weekly Physical Switch releases in the USA, Europe and Japan. He even specifies if there's English subs/dubs with the Japanese releases. His videos have been very helpful for me

His other youtube channel

Oh, nvm, It's a different channel, SwitchWatch. Gonna subscribe to it now. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Forgot to mention that I'm getting Emio as well later this month.

81cVlcCwQBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Oh, nvm, It's a different channel, SwitchWatch. Gonna subcribe it now. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Forgot to mention that I'm getting Emio as well later this month.

81cVlcCwQBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For this year I'm gonna to try to finish Muv-Luv and the first Ace Attorney when it comes to VNs

Next year though I'm gonna to be playing mostly VNs. I have a massive collection on Switch and Steamdeck, might as well start playing them

Also I changed it to SwitchWatch, I got both SwitchWatch and SwitchUp confused

My bad 👀

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

For this year I'm gonna to try to finish Muv-Luv and the first Ace Attorney when it comes to VNs

Next year though I'm gonna to be playing mostly VNs. I have a massive collection on Switch and Steamdeck, might as well start playing them
Sounds like a good plan, and I might do that too. I'll start with some of the kinetic novels I have in my collection since they're usually on the shorter side, with one or maybe two routes to go through.
Also I changed it to SwitchWatch, I got both SwitchWatch and SwitchUp confused

My bad 👀
All good, man!

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I've posted in a different thread, but I think it makes sense to share my thoughts on this recent hybrid VN I've played here as well.

So I've finished Opus: Echo of Starsong on the Switch earlier today. It's a hybrid adventure/VN indie game with relatively simple spaceship management and some light on foot exploring and puzzle solving.

Great world building with lots of sci-fi lore and mythology to uncover, characters are well written (especially the main ones), and a bittersweet if not quite depressive story of hardship, belonging and self discovery.

The music is something else though since it's not just superbly composed, but it's also an integral part of the gameplay (highly recommended to use a pair of headphones). The art direction is also fantastic and speaks for itself imo.

Oh and the voice acting (I've used Japanese VA, but there's also Chinese) is so well done, and it makes the important narrative moments hit even harder.

Runs very well on the Switch in handheld mode, and I think it took me 11-12h to complete my playthrough. Overall a very enjoyable experience and I will strongly recommend it to anyone who likes rich narrative games. It's also very emotionally draining so keep that in mind before embarking on the journey.

Did I say the music is really good?

I'm crossing my fingers for a possible anime or animated mini-series since it would make it easier for more people to experience this game's amazing story.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
I've posted in a different thread, but I think it makes sense to share my thoughts on this recent hybrid VN I've played here as well.

So I've finished Opus: Echo of Starsong on the Switch earlier today. It's a hybrid adventure/VN indie game with relatively simple spaceship management and some light on foot exploring and puzzle solving.

Great world building with lots of sci-fi lore and mythology to uncover, characters are well written (especially the main ones), and a bittersweet if not quite depressive story of hardship, belonging and self discovery.

The music is something else though since it's not just superbly composed, but it's also an integral part of the gameplay (highly recommended to use a pair of headphones). The art direction is also fantastic and speaks for itself imo.

Oh and the voice acting (I've used Japanese VA, but there's also Chinese) is so well done, and it makes the important narrative moments hit even harder.

Runs very well on the Switch in handheld mode, and I think it took me 11-12h to complete my playthrough. Overall a very enjoyable experience and I will strongly recommend it to anyone who likes rich narrative games. It's also very emotionally draining so keep that in mind before embarking on the journey.

Did I say the music is really good?

I'm crossing my fingers for a possible anime or animated mini-series since it would make it easier for more people to experience this game's amazing story.

I got this off a sale on the eShop

Thanks for the reccomandation

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I got this off a sale on the eShop

Thanks for the reccomandation
It's so good that I finished it in like 2 days, lol. Def give it a chance. Oh and I forgot to mention that it kinda reminds me of Dune (world building) mixed Makoto Shinkai storytelling.

The same developers are now working on their next adventure game named OPUS: Prism Peak.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

GU3vCR6b0AAu7Ir

Via Gematsu

Romance visual novel DATE A LIVE: Ren Dystopia will launch for PC via Steam on September 5 worldwide, publisher Idea Factory International announced. It will support Japanese audio, and English, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese subtitles.

DATE A LIVE: Ren Dystopia first launched for PlayStation 4 on September 24, 2020 in Japan.

The worldwide PC release will also feature localizations of two audio dramas—“Natsumi Encounter” and “Origami Friendship”—and the short novel “Ren Masques,” which are exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
  • Digital art collection (13 pages)
    • Character art collection
    • Rough art collection
  • Two audio dramas in Japanese, and drama script in English and Traditional Chinese (PDF)
    • “Natsumi Encounter”
    • “Origami Friendship”
  • Official soundtrack (27 tracks)
  • Short novel in Japanese, English, and Traditional Chinese
    • “Ren Masques”
Both the standard and Deluxe editions will be available at a 15 percent-off discount price for the first week of release.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

Shiravune has announced an English and Chinese release for Real Eroge Situation! DT. The game is coming to Steam under the name Real Anime Situation! DT, and its 18+ edition can be pre-ordered on JAST or Johren.

Developed by Jitaku Studio, the Real Eroge Situation series revolves around a ridiculous over-the-top setup. While the previous game featured a protagonist with a secret journal of steamy fantasies, the new one has a protagonist who triggers many flags.
However, despite getting girls fighting for his attention, he can’t seem to actually go to the next step. In the end, his sister even calls his condition the “Flag Crush Syndrome.”

Nonetheless, as this is a romance game, he’ll have the chance to get some fun despite the hilarious circumstances he faces. Now his classmate, childhood friend, and even a friend who’s almost a second sister to him trying to prove this “curse” wrong.
The full list of Real Anime Situation! DT love interests includes three beautiful girls. First of the list is his classmate Ena Yuzuriha (voice: Suyako Inemuri), a classmate who seems to have been captivated by his lonely gaze.

Secondly comes Hinano Kasama (voice: Musubi Aono), a possessive childhood friend who tries to act aloof. Finally, Ayane Anekawa (voice: Ayaka Igasaki), his neighbor who’s almost like a big sister.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as Shiravune reveals more information on their upcoming releases, including Real Anime Situation! DT.

grvg

I got muv luv in the bundle and just got into where things start to be different in alternative. I powered through extra and while I thought it was cringey, look fondly on it.

I haven't been as engrossed in a fictional narrative as I have been in muv luv in a long time. The move from generic slice of life to crazy sci fi was a weird decision but they pulled it off masterfully.

Other than that, the only vn I've played is slay the princess.

Is steins gate better as an anime or a vn? Both are high on their respective lists (myaninelist and vndb)

GateofD

Neo Member
I been procrastinating on picking up the Tuskihime Remake since I have such lovely memories of it. But feel I should jump back and start Witch on the Holy Night first since that's one title I never even knew existed till it was bought over finally with an official english release. Didn't even know about it from the fan translation community.

Cfh123

I started playing my first otome VN - JackJeanne. It is very good. The character artwork of Sui Ishida is beautiful. It was on sale and that prompted the purchase.

It is about a girl who attends a prestigious all-boys theatre school and has to pretend to be a boy to get in. The music in the game is really good.

It is a bit of an odd experience as a straight guy. Which dude should I romance is not a question I have asked myself before.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

I started playing my first otome VN - JackJeanne. It is very good. The character artwork of Sui Ishida is beautiful. It was on sale and that prompted the purchase.

It is about a girl who attends a prestigious all-boys theatre school and has to pretend to be a boy to get in. The music in the game is really good.

It is a bit of an odd experience as a straight guy. Which dude should I romance is not a question I have asked myself before.
I don't really have interest in Otome VNs, but for some reason both the premise of Jack Jeanne and the art style caught me eye (I also heard that the music & dances are great in it). Oh and I also like the cover art for Jack Jeanne on Switch; it's very well done imo.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're having a good time with it, and maybe I should give this one a chance later down the road.

71HcaZ5kukL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

grvg

Just finished the entirety of Muv Luv (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative, in that order)

I consider it to be the eastern version of Lord Of the Rings.

It is really good and is more than the sum of it's parts.

As a person who has only read 1 visual novel previously *slay the princess* I absolutely recommend it.

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Just finished the entirety of Muv Luv (Extra, Unlimited and Alternative, in that order)

I consider it to be the eastern version of Lord Of the Rings.

It is really good and is more than the sum of it's parts.

As a person who has only read 1 visual novel previously *slay the princess* I absolutely recommend it.

I'm still on the first Muv-Luv game. I have to get back to it

BTW play The House In Fata Morgana Dreams of the Revenant

Not sure if this version is on PC but it includes the Prequel and Sequel VNs too

It's still my favorite VN

Garibaldi

I bounced off Muv Luv so hard. It's too stupid for me. All that rebuilding the neighbourhood stuff and flying in chefs. I was completely unamused. Might go back to it at some point but just not in the mood for what appears to be stupid comedy.

grvg

I bounced off Muv Luv so hard. It's too stupid for me. All that rebuilding the neighbourhood stuff and flying in chefs. I was completely unamused. Might go back to it at some point but just not in the mood for what appears to be stupid comedy.
Extra can be a bit hard to get through, but the payoff is worth it. You could theoretically skip it but it would negatively effect your experience of unlimited and alternative.

I didn't know this at first, but apparently muv luv extra and unlimited were released simultaneously and unlimited was never advertised. It is kind of like the sotn inverted castle of vns lol

I'm still on the first Muv-Luv game. I have to get back to it

Not sure if this version is on PC but it includes the Prequel and Sequel VNs too

I'll check it out! How long is it, and where does it fall on the depression scale?

Cfh123

The House in Fata Morgana was ahead of its times for the issues it dealt with.

The less you know about it the better going in. It is brilliant. The main VN takes about 40 hours, and the prequel about 30 hours.

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
Extra can be a bit hard to get through, but the payoff is worth it. You could theoretically skip it but it would negatively effect your experience of unlimited and alternative.

I didn't know this at first, but apparently muv luv extra and unlimited were released simultaneously and unlimited was never advertised. It is kind of like the sotn inverted castle of vns lol

I'll check it out! How long is it, and where does it fall on the depression scale?

Pretty dang long. Took me 50 to 60 hours to play the whole VN and I used a guide to the best ending. Than it unlocks the Prequal VN which takes around 10 to 15 Hours to complete. Than it unlocks the Sequel VN which takes around 5 to 10 hours to complete and than it unlocks the side stories which take around 1 to 2 hours to complete. I played it on Switch and it has everything. It times 1000 on the depression scale. Go in blind like I did it's fantastic

The House in Fata Morgana was ahead of its times for the issues it dealt with.

The less you know about it the better going in. It is brilliant. The main VN takes about 40 hours, and the prequel about 30 hours.

Oh I know I already played the main VN, the Prequel, the Sequel, and the Side Stories. It's my favorite VN and I haven't played alot yet

GHound

GU3vCR6b0AAu7Ir

Via Gematsu

Romance visual novel DATE A LIVE: Ren Dystopia will launch for PC via Steam on September 5 worldwide, publisher Idea Factory International announced. It will support Japanese audio, and English, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese subtitles.

DATE A LIVE: Ren Dystopia first launched for PlayStation 4 on September 24, 2020 in Japan.

The worldwide PC release will also feature localizations of two audio dramas—“Natsumi Encounter” and “Origami Friendship”—and the short novel “Ren Masques,” which are exclusive to the Deluxe Edition.

The Digital Deluxe Edition includes:
  • Digital art collection (13 pages)
    • Character art collection
    • Rough art collection
  • Two audio dramas in Japanese, and drama script in English and Traditional Chinese (PDF)
    • “Natsumi Encounter”
    • “Origami Friendship”
  • Official soundtrack (27 tracks)
  • Short novel in Japanese, English, and Traditional Chinese
    • “Ren Masques”
Both the standard and Deluxe editions will be available at a 15 percent-off discount price for the first week of release.
Sale on Rio Reincarnation ending in 11ish hours that I forgot to post apparently. https://www.gamersgate.com/product/date-a-live-rio-reincarnation $7.50/$6.75 with some affiliate coupon codes. Don't know who all has one apart from IsThereAnyDeal(which I think was ITAD?) and Wario64. Also on sale at GOG for $10 for the next couple of days https://www.gog.com/en/game/date_a_live_rio_reincarnation

Last edited:

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt

Biggest Trails Stan
The Witch on the Holy Night is also terrific and well worth the asking price. A fairly simple story but executed with great production values, characters and world building.

I recently got that off the eshop. I plan to play The Witch On The Holy Night, TSUKIHIME A Piece of Blue Glass Moon and Fate Stay Night next year

cireza

After loving Witch on the Holy Night, I can't say that I am so hot with Tsukihime. I am nearing completion of the second route, but it was overall much less interesting, despite the high production value.

The authors nailed Arcueid and Ciel, and they are super likable, for sure. Still, the eroge origins are too blatant and there are too much romance and scenes. To the point it drags on and on. Main character, Shiki, is decent enough with a good backstory. But still, you don't get the depth and development you get in Witch on the Holy Night, and I expect this to happen because the eroge/romance part was taking a lot of the room to begin with.

I also strongly dislike the choices system. You basically have to go through the entire story again in fast forward to make the right succession of choices to eventually reach the branching paths. This is super annoying. All these choices don't add much. You get a bunch of bad endings, but I can only think of one that actually led to discovering something interesting. And sometimes there is no good answer so you pick a choice and maybe it was the right one, maybe it is a bad ending. That's a bit stupid.

Not a super smooth experience, having to fast forward shit.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
After loving Witch on the Holy Night, I can't say that I am so hot with Tsukihime. I am nearing completion of the second route, but it was overall much less interesting, despite the high production value.

The authors nailed Arcueid and Ciel, and they are super likable, for sure. Still, the eroge origins are too blatant and there are too much romance and scenes. To the point it drags on and on. Main character, Shiki, is decent enough with a good backstory. But still, you don't get the depth and development you get in Witch on the Holy Night, and I expect this to happen because the eroge/romance part was taking a lot of the room to begin with.

I also strongly dislike the choices system. You basically have to go through the entire story again in fast forward to make the right succession of choices to eventually reach the branching paths. This is super annoying. All these choices don't add much. You get a bunch of bad endings, but I can only think of one that actually led to discovering something interesting. And sometimes there is no good answer so you pick a choice and maybe it was the right one, maybe it is a bad ending. That's a bit stupid.

Not a super smooth experience, having to fast forward shit.

I found the original better than the remake, I fucking hate the idol master new vampire shit and the jumping shark attack on titan shit they did at the end. It reeks of post grand order writing, where they try to make something marketable to sell a figure of.

Really disappointing because the original routes ideas felt much more natural and grounded than the new shit is, Fate/Stay never changed this heavily in its like 4 versions, the fact Tsukihime did in 1 sucks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom