• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

I still dont have a clue whats up with Winged Cloud and their Sakura games. First Sekai Project, then Mangagamer, then wanna do everything alone, then Sekai Project again and seems their next title will be selfpublished again...

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I still dont have a clue whats up with Winged Cloud and their Sakura games. First Sekai Project, then Mangagamer, then wanna do everything alone, then Sekai Project again and seems their next title will be selfpublished again...

So weird...Honestly, I can't even tell their games apart, anyways :/

Knurek

The saddest part is, with the recent influx of Russian VNs, it can be said that Winged Cloud games are among top-tier releases. :(

Shizuka

So world end economica part 3 is coming tonight on steam ..

Am i the only one looking forward to it ?

I loved Part 1. I was going to play Part 2, but then Sekai Project announced that all three games are coming to the Vita. I'll wait for the complete collection there.

So world end economica part 3 is coming tonight on steam ..

Am i the only one looking forward to it ?

I've actually had the beta downloaded for months and haven't got around to it. Maybe I'll finally read it, though it's been so long since I read the previous two parts that I should probably reread those.

I loved Part 1. I was going to play Part 2, but then Sekai Project announced that all three games are coming to the Vita. I'll wait for the complete collection there.
Isn't their plan for a late 2017 launch?

It's just "2017" from the press release.

This is from their KS update:

Porting work for WEE02/03 will start in January as we finalized contracts earlier this month.

We are also sharing a partial road map for the project, however please understand this road map is almost a year long and things will change.

WEE03 PC will be released in late December.

WEE02 Port will be released in late Spring

WEE03 Port will be released in late Summer

WEE01 Port will be released in late Fall

These ports will include the 1080P art upgrade. Once the ports are complete we will then focus on getting the ready for console. Physical copies of the PC version will be the Unity ports and is currently planned to be released in Winter of 2017 to backers.
So they are porting the PC games to unity first and only then will get it ready for console.

started playing an old school VN/PnC called Divi Dead, not really sure what I'm in for besides the fact that it's mystery/horror.(felt like I had exhausted this genre, i looked long and hard for more translated games)

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
started playing an old school VN/PnC called Divi Dead, not really sure what I'm in for besides the fact that it's mystery/horror.(felt like I had exhausted this genre, i looked long and hard for more translated games)

Man, I remember the c's ware days. Never played that one, but I wanted to. I tried playing the Eve games that came out in English, but the translations were so bad that I couldn't do it.

I remember playing Divi Dead for a couple hours before moving on to other stuff.
Don't remember anything about it but I also didn't exactly give it much time.

World End Econ part 3 is out and yet there's been no updates to it from when I downloaded the beta in September? Did they release it unchanged months later right before the Steam holiday sale? It even seems that the TIPs are still not translated. Then again this is the company that released three games in one day right before the Steam Autumn sale.

World End Econ part 3 is out and yet there's been no updates to it from when I downloaded the beta in September? Did they release it unchanged months later right before the Steam holiday sale? It even seems that the TIPs are still not translated. Then again this is the company that released three games in one day right before the Steam Autumn sale.

Amazing.

Why couldn't they have just released this months ago if that was the case?

Amazing.

Why couldn't they have just released this months ago if that was the case?

I checked the installation directory and there's one file that was modified in December, so they must have pushed an update last week and I missed it. It's still disappointing that they can't even launch with everything translated. Apparently the TIPS will be patched in later.

Can anyone remind me what games Sekai Project have said they were going to bring to Vita in the past?

From what I understand:

- Fault Milestone One & World End Economica both had it on Kickstarter and they're currently being handled by Mighty Rabbit/Limited Run Games.
- Narcissu has also been promised through this partnership.
- The Grisaia Trilogy stretch goal was met on Kickstarter but nothing has happened since then.
- Root Double suffered the same fate as Grisaia.
- They got involved with Quantum Suicide's Vita release and we haven't heard anything since.

Are the above correct? Anything I'm missing?

Can anyone remind me what games Sekai Project have said they were going to bring to Vita in the past?

From what I understand:

- Fault Milestone One & World End Economica both had it on Kickstarter and they're currently being handled by Mighty Rabbit/Limited Run Games.
- The Grisaia Trilogy stretch goal was met on Kickstarter but nothing has happened since then.
- They got involved with Quantum Suicide's Vita release and we haven't heard anything since.

Root Double hasn't exactly "suffered the same fate", it always had an estimate of March 2017 delivery. In the last update on November 30th, they said Vita news should be coming in December once they get approval. (Not sure if that's going to happen at this rate, though...)

From what I understand:

Grisaia's port has had work done on it, Doddler tweeted about it a bunch in the past, but I have no idea what it's current state is. Root Double's port was stated to be at least a year away from the PC version, so while there has been no news of it it isn't late yet.

Rabi Ribi is also supposed to come to the Vita, but that's a relatively new announcement.

And I'm not even sure Audi (the guy running most of the console port stuff at SP) is even still employed there considering all the staff shakeups they've had and their unwillingness to talk about them. The staff page has been down for months and talking about it was one of their "don't even ask" points in their AMA.

And I'm not even sure Audi (the guy running most of the console port stuff at SP) is even still employed there considering all the staff shakeups they've had and their unwillingness to talk about them. The staff page has been down for months and talking about it was one of their "don't even ask" points in their AMA.

Everything is fine. It's all just conspiracy theories being spread by their haters. The skies are always clear and perfect at Sekai Project.

Shizuka

From what I understand:

Fault Milestone One is the only one being handled by Mighthy Rabbit.

Aku-Audi

It's good to see you're still around. Sorry to hear about your health, best wishes in your recovery.

Thank you! I will be back here to joy and annoy y'all once my workload calms down a bit. Rest assured the listed projects are moving along as scheduled. There'll be an update before New Years.

Da Capo 3R on Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/542290/

header.jpg

Buzzi

Beat MYTH, well that was.......something......

To give you an idea of how confused I am.

Zero Escape series? pfft, simple

Metal Gear Solid 2? mostly understood when I was 11

Kingdom Hearts series? please, this is nothing

The Silver Case? took a little effort but I got it all

Umineko? not that bad at all

MYTH? *walks out room with no pants* gentlemen I have witnessed some nonsensical shit

This...this really makes me wanna throw money on it now.
B-but I have to be strong, R11, WEE and Higu 3/4 are more than enough to read for months.
Maybe.

On a side note, Sekai sales >>>> MG sales, all their good stuff does not pass 30% ;__;

So I guess Steam allows simple nudity, but just not outright sex scenes? Or just not explicit sex? Not sure how detailed Kindred Spirits got, knowing as how that was a big surprise to many.

Nudity is okay and even sex.

I mean look at the Witcher sex scenes. You cant see genitals, but everything else. Boobs, having sex in more positions etc.

Wichu

So I guess Steam allows simple nudity, but just not outright sex scenes? Or just not explicit sex? Not sure how detailed Kindred Spirits got, knowing as how that was a big surprise to many.

Gahkthun got on Steam entirely uncensored, and that had far too many pointless sex scenes.
Also tentacle rape :/

The rule seems to be as long as you don't show genitals it's fine.

Root Double hasn't exactly "suffered the same fate", it always had an estimate of March 2017 delivery. In the last update on November 30th, they said Vita news should be coming in December once they get approval. (Not sure if that's going to happen at this rate, though...)

Grisaia's port has had work done on it, Doddler tweeted about it a bunch in the past, but I have no idea what it's current state is. Root Double's port was stated to be at least a year away from the PC version, so while there has been no news of it it isn't late yet.

Rabi Ribi is also supposed to come to the Vita, but that's a relatively new announcement.

Fault Milestone One is the only one being handled by Mighthy Rabbit.

Thanks for the responses. So that's a bummer. Didn't realise SP had a 'guy running the console port stuff' and that he might not even be there anymore. Also didn't realise Mighty Rabbit weren't handling WEE and Narcissu.

Thought we'd turned a corner and things were progressing :(. Still, having a person on Twitter to follow who'd been porting them is cool. Thanks!

Thanks for the responses. So that's a bummer. Didn't realise SP had a 'guy running the console port stuff' and that he might not even be there anymore. Also didn't realise Mighty Rabbit weren't handling WEE and Narcissu.

Thought we'd turned a corner and things were progressing :(. Still, having a person on Twitter to follow who'd been porting them is cool. Thanks!
Audi is still there, he's on gaf and is the person who replied to that post of mine. My worries there did not bear out.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Gahkthun got on Steam entirely uncensored, and that had far too many pointless sex scenes.
Also tentacle rape :/

The rule seems to be as long as you don't show genitals it's fine.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Gahkthun. That's probably the most extreme example, then.

Lain

Spares from the indiegala X-Mas bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 MANGAGAMER keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=927445.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Forbidden Love with My Wife's Sister -- MB-CD13E12282B3B504 - Taken by GHound
Slave Witch April -- MB-2D5B74AC1E6B6C44 - Taken by Ephidel
Valkyrie Svia -- MB-F4590E4C3CF4BEBC - Taken by deadfolk

How to redeem: https://www.indiegala.com/howto?platform=manga

Aku-Audi

Merry Christmas to all of you from myself and everyone at Sekai Project. We appreciate all the praise and criticism you have, and look forward to all the surprises of 2017!

Top Bottom