• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
With the survey questions it looks like they're working with AGE to make a definitive version of Alternative which would be quite nice!

Yuuichi

Thread I made on vndb on Flowers. It pretty much answers what's going on.

His response is complete conjecture. No one has any idea what's happening. All I've heard on the topic is that Payne had no comment on why they were working on flowers instead of MG when asked by someone at the panel, and it seems like no one was told anything else ahead of time which has left quite a lot of people scratching their heads. Most notably after the announcement is the fact (as mentioned by The Doddler, who has done engine work for KnS/2 and other titles) that IG's engine had enough problems that he basically had to port everything to a brand new engine, so he's calling in to question the projected fall release date unless JAST was provided source code, which seems unlikely (and would anger a lot of people at MG, I think) given that my understanding is MG didn't have engine source code to work with.

With the survey questions it looks like they're working with AGE to make a definitive version of Alternative which would be quite nice!

The survey questions are pretty insane, I'm not sure there is much to be taken as concrete from them. I mean there are even questions about an anime, which would be wildly out of bounds for this KS to fund.

The KGNE stretch goal they've talked about sounds far more reasonable.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I like how all they hid the MuvLuv original stuff behind Alternative.
CJAQCqQUcAA_I4A.jpg:large

Apparently they'll be at the Sekai Project panel.

2 minutes to 4infinity reveal, FUCK

Root Double localization was leaked to be a cooperative project between Sekai Project and Lemnisca Translations. As someone whose GOAT is Virtue's Last Reward, this might almost make up for the possibility of 4infinity not being Zero Escape 3.

There's going to be another panel with Uchikoshi tomorrow at 4PM, so we might get more details then.

It's annoyingly named "Art of Localization" without any hint of his involvement, so it's a pain to find it in the schedule.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

Jazz573

Soooo when will these announcements be? I've been looking everywhere for news on the NISA panel and this is literally the only place I've seen anything mentioned :/

I'd expect more VNs too since they don't have a lot going for them without GUST and IF. Kadokawa, but that's about it.

There are no announcements.

Yes but my point is that it's on Vita and that's not coming. A few years ago localizations of 5pb. games were unfathomable as well.
Innocent Grey is not 5pb or Steins;Gate. It's hard to image any publisher being interested in localizing their titles on console.

Feel like im the only person that doesnt want more info on ZE3 besides a name and a specific release date. Want that game to stay a complete mystery to me.

You aren't the only one. Japanese voices and physical Vita release are the only things I wanted to know before playing it, aside from release date. I don't even care about the title. Just let me know when it will be at my door, and I prefer to know absolutely nothing else until I boot the game up for the first time.

jonjonaug

Still nothing?

It's Root Double, which is a VN directed by Takumi Nakazawa (the other half of the Infinity series duo). The OP got leaked earlier today. From what I hear it's supposedly very good, with less emotional impact than Ever17 but better constructed than I/O. This is supposedly "one of" the surprises at the Sekai Project panel, so expect at least one other cool game out of them and at least one whopper of an announcement from Mangagamer. Every Mangagamer person I know is really excited, they have something big.

EDIT: This isn't exactly news either, a translation of Root Double has been planned for a while now. Sekai just bought up the planned fan TL.

Prelude.

It's Root Double, which is a VN directed by Takumi Nakazawa (the other half of the Infinity series duo). The OP got leaked earlier today. From what I hear it's supposedly very good, with less emotional impact than Ever17 but better constructed than I/O. This is supposedly "one of" the surprises at the Sekai Project panel, so expect at least one other cool game out of them and at least one whopper of an announcement from Mangagamer. Every Mangagamer person I know is really excited, they have something big.

EDIT: This isn't exactly news either, a translation of Root Double has been planned for a while now. Sekai just bought up the planned fan TL.

Isn't that blog related to the TL team of S;G?

Top Bottom