• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Marche90

You can bet I definitely did not heard of them beforehand.

Anyway, was it just me, or they kept repeating a lot of "more Info later" without a solid date?
Another thing I'm curious is if they will make clean ports for Steam or will release the 18+ versions for the newly announced licenses (...or both).

You can bet I definitely did not heard of them beforehand.

Anyway, was it just me, or they kept repeating a lot of "more Info later" without a solid date?
Another thing I'm curious is if they will make clean ports for Steam or will release the 18+ versions for the newly announced licenses (...or both).

Everything will definitely end up on Steam, the question is whether or not they will also sell the uncut versions through Denpasoft.

They have another panel at Otakon in July, so it's not too surprising they said "more info later" a bunch, especially since they were worried about running out of time.

legitimately curious:

how many of you have heard of chrono clock and or purple software before this announcement?
I've heard of chrono clock, but only vaguely and by chance. How much are they going to have to cut to get it on Steam?

Yuuichi

I've heard of chrono clock, but only vaguely and by chance. How much are they going to have to cut to get it on Steam?

So actually

my understanding the game made a lot of people kind of angry when it came out because of how they handled the ero

as I understand all the ero is actually sectioned off as side stories, so they could literally just cut that and release it on steam

Jazz573

I was aware of PurpleSoftware, they're made of ex-JAST people.

MangaGamer Panel:
t1436068800z4.png

So Lemnisca has taken down all of their patches and translations as part of their agreement to localize Root Double. Regista also made I/O so it makes sense they'd want that patch down at least. It seems like they are transitioning away from fan projects.

So Lemnisca has taken down all of their patches and translations down as part of their agreement to localize Root Double. Regista also made I/O so it makes sense they'd want that patch down at least. It seems like they are transitioning away from fan projects.

Maybe those games they translated will be rereleased!

Yuuichi

everything I've heard seems to indicate mg really has something up their sleeve

which makes me curious, notably because they said the future of moege at MG lied in the hands of how well princess evangile sold, so what they announce should tell us a lot about that

they way they've been hyping things I really don't expect just nukige

Shizuka

Only interesting thing from MG is that they've become a certified publisher for Playstation (and other?) platforms a few months ago.

Will we get a release date for Euphoria?

By the way, what's the name of those novels that explain what happened in each Umineko ep? Alternatively, I'll take a website that summarizes them.

jonjonaug

By the way, what's the name of those novels that explain what happened in each Umineko ep? Alternatively, I'll take a website that summarizes them.

Likely.

If you really just want a "OK this is who did this and how and why" solution, look up the "Confessions of the Golden Witch" chapters from the manga version of Twilight of the Golden Witch.

JulianImp

Something Ryukishi himself released that you could read is "Our Confession". I think I read it in some Umineko wiki, and it explains things really well by tackling a hypothetical extra episode rather than just explaining the previous ones. If you want to have things explained to you, you could read let's plays such as Goats Reading Seacats as well.

Also, an earlier post I made also explains most of the first game, and if you want I could try and summarize the other ones in this thread as well.

Jazz573

Man those nukige titles :p

Myth by Circletempo, coming to Steam, conposer worked on Umineko

Bokuten - Why I Became an Angel from Overdrive

Kara no Shoujo 2, hopefully by fall

MangaGamer being coy with the Supipara fundraising. It's obviously already met it since it was almost there in the middle of the Steam sale and before that bundle they put out.

Is Myth a new announcement?

jonjonaug

Both Gakthun and Kara no Shoujo 2 (the good KnS game from what I've heard) both have their translations finished, so that's great news.

Top Bottom