• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I accidentaly put it in the wrong section my bad. Yeah I've heard much about TO, but difficulty wise is it easier or harder than FF Tactics?

Harder.

Also:

I would love something that gives this thread and tweeting action some more attention in the march Vita thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516300

A link in the next OP would be nice as well.

|March| Independent Life

:p

Edit: The more I think about that title, the more I like it. Open for quite a bit interpretation possibilities.

Tizoc

Consider Wild Arms XF if you like a good PSP SRPG. As underrated as they come.

Iread that one of its mjor complaints is that its 'Trial and error', and that getting your characters to be stronger may require grinding for items and such.
I wouldn't mind getting it on sale but would first like to have more impressions about it.

Iread that one of its mjor complaints is that its 'Trial and error', and that getting your characters to be stronger may require grinding for items and such.
I wouldn't mind getting it on sale but would first like to have more impressions about it.

There are a few of those trial and error 'puzzle' missions, but it's not really the entirety of the game. Tell you what, if you need more persuasion, Hitokage is the man to track down. He's GAF's biggest proponent of the game, if memory serves.

Tizoc

^Alright then I'll ask him thanks, will add it to my list~

@Toma- *shivers* Well...as a video game afficinado...I will get it!

Yo Tizoc.

I'm not seeing ZHP on that list. Rectify it.

...but the grinding! Ah what the hey will get it when it goes on sale again, while I'm at it, how's Phantom Brave?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
^Alright then I'll ask him thanks, will add it to my list~

@Toma- *shivers* Well...as a video game afficinado...I will get it!

...but the grinding! Ah what the hey will get it when it goes on sale again, while I'm at it, how's Phantom Brave?

Enjoyed the PS2 game very much, but no clue about the PSP one.

kiyomi

It's a really weird type of grinding, though. You can be pretty relaxed about it in a sense because even if you die you're making progress of sorts. And what's more, the game is constantly encouraging you and giving you new items and weapons to play with, so that even if you start to get attached to a certain weapon or piece of armour that you think looks good on your hero, you can't completely rely on it, because you don't know how long you're gonna keep it. I enjoyed the writing as well, it's self-prodding and referential, and I found that pretty endearing.

Never played Phantom Brave, although I want to. And I would give you my 3rd Birthday thoughts if I didn't think it would start a minor riot.

Tizoc

It's a really weird type of grinding, though. You can be pretty relaxed about it in a sense because even if you die you're making progress of sorts. And what's more, the game is constantly encouraging you and giving you new items and weapons to play with, so that even if you start to get attached to a certain weapon or piece of armour that you think looks good on your hero, you can't completely rely on it, because you don't know how long you're gonna keep it. I enjoyed the writing as well, it's self-prodding and referential, and I found that pretty endearing.
Yeah now I remember why I was interested in it when I first learned about it haha.

Never played Phantom Brave, although I want to. And I would give you my 3rd Birthday thoughts if I didn't think it would start a minor riot.

I take it the story was written by THAT person, so if you recommend ignoring the plot I will, but how's the gameplay?

marrec

Banned
So I got that $10 voucher code apparently.

Check the Message Box on your PS3™ system for your unique $10.00 voucher code and simply click the attachment to redeem your credit. Code expires March 5, 2013.

The problem is that I don't have a PS3.

Anyway I can get at that 10 dollars?

Toma

So I got that $10 voucher code apparently.

The problem is that I don't have a PS3.

Anyway I can get at that 10 dollars?

Give someone your login data and let him log in, redeem the code.

No other way around it I guess. Maybe you have a friend you could ask? Otherwise I'd offer it as well if you want. But yeah.. strangers over the internet etc.

kiyomi

Yeah now I remember why I was interested in it when I first learned about it haha.

I take it the story was written by THAT person, so if you recommend ignoring the plot I will, but how's the gameplay?

Other way round - I really like The 3rd Birthday! :p

Yeah, the story and stuff is bad. The best thing about it is what was done with the mechanics, at first glance, you think it's a typical TPS with the "novelty" of playing as a woman. But it actually takes on a very different role when you realise it feels actually quite strategic, because you're shifting around the battlefields, taking control of different people. So at one point you'll be running and gunning, and you'll notice your health is low. In most games you'd keep running and gunning and pray you survive. In T3B, you take the body of another soldier and put yourself behind cover. It manages to do a couple of really unique sequences that really utilize that mechanic. The game also looks pretty nice for a PSP game. I highly recommend it.

Is the dlc free?

So GOWHD is remote play right?

Doesn't look like it will be free, and yes, according to this :

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012...war-collection-and-icoshadow-of-the-colossus/

marrec

Banned
Give someone your login data and let him log in, redeem the code.

No other way around it I guess. Maybe you have a friend you could ask? Otherwise I'd offer it as well if you want. But yeah.. strangers over the internet etc.

I do have a buddy with a PS3 I can tap for some help, no offense to any strangers on the internet.

Hmm can't you redeem it via the Vita? I recommend contacting Sony about it though.

Ya, I haven't tried on my Vita, but is there even a messaging system on the Vita that's not just e-mail? Can't try at work since there is no wifi available.

Toma

I do have a buddy with a PS3 I can tap for some help, no offense to any strangers on the internet.

Ya, I haven't tried on my Vita, but is there even a messaging system on the Vita that's not just e-mail? Can't try at work since there is no wifi available.

You simply dont see that message on Vita. It doesnt pop up.

Twinduct

Hmm, was there any mention on if Dynasty Warrior Next did decent on the Vita?
Would love to get one of the Empire variants to come to handheld!

nampad

Has anyone actually had a dead pixel on their Vita? I haven't heard any mentions of it.

I have one on my Vita. Haven't bothered with exchanging it because it is placed where the BT status symbol is so it isn't really visible. Don't know how Sonys stance on them are, but normally here in Germany you have to accept some level of dead pixels on your devices before the retailer is bound by law to replace it. Probably could have done it without any problem as I bought it from Amazon but I just wanted to play it on launch week and got a nice preorder deal.

zulux21

Phantom Brave is an interesting little game that is a lot like Disgaea (from the same makers so not surprising)

The story isn't quite as random, and the big difference is in how new units are summoned. In Phantom Brave you only have one party member that is alive, the rest of your party is spirits you summon into stuff like trees or rocks (which depending on what you use to summon people their stats will be different. Rocks can give high defense but low attack ect) The catch is that your summons can only be around for a limited amount of turns so you have to plan accordingly on when you are going to summon your strongest spirits.

If I am thinking correctly Phantom Brave also has an out of bounds mechanic that allows you to pick up an enemy and throw them off the map to kill them (but I don't think you can clear a map this way) I believe when you knock/throw an enemy out of bounds the rest of the enemies become stronger, but it can be quite useful.

Overall I enjoyed my time playing through Phantom Brave, but I didn't have the same motivation to continue playing after the main story to do optional stuff as I did in Disgaea at the end. I can't remember what version I played though... I own the ps2, wii and psp versions of the game lol. If I am thinking correct the wii version added extra content, and the psp version got all of the content I am to lazy to check >.> I think I played the wii version but I am not sure anymore it was a while ago.

anyways I hope that helps :p

H3xum

Super noob question here as I know nothing about the Vita or PSN

So I'm thinking about getting a Vita, I have a PS3 with a few PS1 games downloaded.

Can I log into my Vita with my PSN account and download the games on it and play them or do I have to repurchase them on that device?

Takao

Banned
They'll do a Vita game as soon as they do a PC game.

Unless they're bought by Nintendo they'll do PC ports of their games eventually.

So I'm thinking about getting a Vita, I have a PS3 with a few PS1 games downloaded.

Can I log into my Vita with my PSN account and download the games on it and play them or do I have to repurchase them on that device?

Just log in, and your purchases will carry over. Some games may need to be transfered via PS3 to work, but most you can just download directly from Vita's PSN Store.

Mondriaan

If you want to do the work of creating an OP WEEKLY?
You could change the OP on a monthly basis and recycle most of the OP until the next month. Anyway, maybe it's still premature, but if indies start to get interested in the platform, it might get to be a bit much for a monthly format.

Any cross-buy and PS1 games you own on PS3 can be downloaded on Vita for free. :)

They should be in your downloads list or available as 'free' on the store.

Purchased MLB the Show last night with the discount. I had the PS3 version a few years ago so I thought I would put it on normal difficulty (whatever the middle one is called)

I cannot figure out how to pitch accurately in this game. The circle spins and bounces. You'd think you'd want to time it to where the circle is smallest for more accuracy. No dice.

Batting when they throw nothing but junk pitches is challenging. I went into practice mode -> batting and the computer threw me 9 junk pitches in a row :mad:

I rage quit.

H3xum

Any cross-buy and PS1 games you own on PS3 can be downloaded on Vita for free. :)

They should be in your downloads list or available as 'free' on the store.

Oh goodness. It's sad that it's such a shock to me.

That's great though, basically seals the deal for me.

I might even hop on the PSN+ train which leads me to my next next question and one that might be harder to answer. So they're giving 10 back if you spend 50 this month I hear. Do you know (or think) if I spend the 50 to become a PSN+ member I'll get 10 back? Basically netting me 15 months of PSN+ for 40 bucks

zulux21

Oh goodness. It's sad that it's such a shock to me.

That's great though, basically seals the deal for me.

I might even hop on the PSN+ train which leads me to my next next question and one that might be harder to answer. So they're giving 10 back if you spend 50 this month I hear. Do you know (or think) if I spend the 50 to become a PSN+ member I'll get 10 back? Basically netting me 15 months of PSN+ for 40 bucks

it's not a hard question to answer at all.

you will indeed get the $10 back as well as the current 3 bonus months promotion... they have even gone as far to mention that the $49.99 ps+ membership is being treated as $50 for the purposes of the promotion (other $49.99 things might not count and you might need to add something to push it over 50)

from the blog post about the rebate
. If you were thinking of subscribing to PlayStation Plus, now’s a great time to do it. Grab the 1-year membership for $49.99 to get the most of your PSN experience, plus a little extra cash back.

xSYHsE6.png

H3xum

it's not a hard question to answer at all.

you will indeed get the $10 back as well as the current 3 bonus months promotion... they have even gone as far to mention that the $49.99 ps+ membership is being treated as $50 for the purposes of the promotion (other $49.99 things might not count and you might need to add something to push it over 50)

Glorioussssss

Thank you, gents

zulux21

Glorioussssss

Thank you, gents

it should be noted that in order to get the 3 bonus months you will have to get ps+ before march 4th.

and it should also be noted that in order to get the rebate you have to spend the money. AKA you can not buy a ps+ card and apply that, you would need to either add funds on the psn or buy a $50 psn card and use that to buy ps+ through the store.

H3xum

it should be noted that in order to get the 3 bonus months you will have to get ps+ before march 4th.

and it should also be noted that in order to get the rebate you have to spend the money. AKA you can not buy a ps+ card and apply that, you would need to either add funds on the psn or buy a $50 psn card and use that to buy ps+ through the store.

Good to know, thanks again. I'll purchase it through the Vita itself then with a credit card.

Top Bottom