• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I'm legit upset that we have another fucker with guns (who isn't even first party) and an un-original free to use mythological figure over even a single RPG rep, whether FF or any of their own IPs.
You know, gotta promote that month-old EA game that probably sold much better on 360.

Sol1dus

PSABR Vita's patch is 800MB+. This brings the game up to almost 3Gbs of space in the vita. With the new characters its only going to get worse. -_____-"

Ponn

Banned
I'm legit upset that we have another fucker with guns (who isn't even first party) and an un-original free to use mythological figure over even a single RPG rep, whether FF or any of their own IPs.

Kanji would have been subuttle.

Goddamnit,no one seems to be selling the vita and 32gb card bundle in Japan. I think that while websites reported it as a new bundle, its actually just a price drop on a set that was released last year and that they have been phasing out...

kiyomi

PSABR Vita's patch is 800MB+. This brings the game up to almost 3Gbs of space in the vita. With the new characters its only going to get worse. -_____-"

800mb? Is there a changelog?

I'm also super disappointed about the two new characters. I'm not sure I could come up with two characters I care less about even if I tried. Nothing about them screams PlayStation to me. Definitely not buying.

So far then, 1 out of 4 of the DLC characters have been interesting - Kat, who fits nicely and is fun to use - which isn't exactly a great hit ratio, especially considering the original roster was not the game's strong point in the first place. Where's the RPG represent?

Dingotech

So has the spend $50 to get $10 credit officially started now?

I wanted to buy a $50 PS+ sub before the 15 month deal runs out.

Probably going to grab Sound Shapes while it's on sale as well.

No.

The worst part is that there have been like 192773 patches since its release, and none have addressed any of the issues people have with the game. In fact, all they've done is make the online unplayable.

Wait, the online is still unplayabe? I had problems since the beta (both on PS3 and Vita) with characters either disappearing or becoming invincible when playing online and I still had the same problem when playing the full game at launch, and they've still not managed to fix that? Disappointing if so as I kinda did enjoy the game when it worked :(

Ran rp

No.

It's total shit, and an embarrassment of such epic proportions that it resulted in the developer being kicked to the curb so one of Sony's internal devs could pick up the pieces.

The worst part is that there have been like 192773 patches since its release, and none have addressed any of the issues people have with the game. In fact, all they've done is make the online unplayable.

The game is great. Fantastic even. Well, the gameplay is.

Carl

Great to see RCR on Vita did well :) Hopefully convince more Indies to get on board with the Vita.

Sent Terraria peeps an email and asked if there was any chance of a Vita port. Tried once before and they never answered, so i'll try again! :p

Also, i finally got a job so i can afford Vita games now, yey

Tizoc

Great to see RCR on Vita did well :) Hopefully convince more Indies to get on board with the Vita.

Sent Terraria peeps an email and asked if there was any chance of a Vita port. Tried once before and they never answered, so i'll try again! :p

Congrats on the job =3

wHAT're the chances of FF3 being a Plus freebie btw?

BeastM0de

Neo Member
Wait, the online is still unplayabe? I had problems since the beta (both on PS3 and Vita) with characters either disappearing or becoming invincible when playing online and I still had the same problem when playing the full game at launch, and they've still not managed to fix that? Disappointing if so as I kinda did enjoy the game when it worked :(

I had WAYYYY worse problems with the beta. The only problems I have now are a couple random disconnects and rage quitters screwing up ranking.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Also link the other thread to them. This thing should totally go viral.
And while you are at it, reach out to the FTL guys again too :p

I had WAYYYY worse problems with the beta. The only problems I have now are a couple random disconnects and rage quitters screwing up ranking.

I'll have to give it another go then, especially as I really like using Kat. But most of the time on either full version I still had more times than not several matches where at least one character was invisible :(

Were closing in on March...thread title suggestions!

| Still Showing Signs of Vita
| Indiependence Day
| Gaikai Kawaii

Thank you, Based Carl

I, personally, think the new PS All-Stars DLC looks pretty cool. I usually play as Nate or Emmett so I think I'll enjoy Isaac.

I'm guessing it'll always just be two characters and one stage at a time, then. (if we ever get anymore DLC of course)

Cha

I'm always up for more dlc for all-stars, but the 800MB patch really puts me off. I wouldn't mind if it actually does fix all the online issues though. This is the only game that I can't play online (never finds a match - except on days of dlc launch).

Characters this time are boring, but teh stage looks very nice :)

You ain't missing much. It's the only Vita game I regret buying. Sub-par graphics, modes and cars absent, it's just lazy. The cart not having any artwork on the label says it all really.

Oh dear. Let's look for a silver lining...

...I really only want WRC Powerslide to come to Vita. And by that, I really only mean, I want World Rally and its isometric racer brethren to make a comeback on Vita.

DiscoJer

There's a PASBR patch and more character DLC for it that no-one
should
give too hoots about. Zeus from GoW and Isaac Clarke from Dead Space. Y'know, those much loved PlayStation all stars.

I realize that Gabe Logan is one of those typical video game protagonists (30s something white guy with short brown hair), but Lian from the series would have been an interesting character.

But who am I kidding, it's been 5 years since the last installment, I doubt Sony cares much about Syphon Filter anymore. But it's what turned me into a PSP fan.

Tizoc

Right so this is just for my reference, but PS Store needs a fucking wishlist so I can easily take note of games I want to buy =_=.

Anyway, here are the games I'm planning on getting for the Vita during March:
Hakuoki 2 ($25)
Corpse Party: BoS ($20)
Half minute hero ($10)

Games I'm waiting to go on sale:
Rocketbirds
Uncarded
Sine Mora
Final Fantasy 3
Growlanser IV (Missed the last sale lol)
Hakuoki 1
Daxter and Clank
Neogeo Ultimate shooting
The 3 Ys games
Lunar
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles
Monster Hunter FU
Gurumin
ZHP
Wild Arms XF

Games I plan on getting eventually:
Down the road:
When Vikings attack ($10, or maybe wait for a complete collection?)*
Feisty Feet ($3)
SunFlowers ($4)
Crash of the Titans
Crash Mind over Mutant
Disgaea Infinite
Tactics Ogre

*I smell Plus freebie with this one -evil eyes-

So GAF, anyone played any of these games? I'd like your impressions on them please!
Dragoneer's Aria ($10)
Generation of Chaos 6 ($20)
Fate Extra
Gungnir
Fading Shadows
Lord of Arcana
Blazing Souls Accelate
The 3rd Birthday
HEXYZ Force
M. Iyar Chronicle
Patchwork Heroes
The 3 PSP Armored Core games
Adventures To Go!
Thexder Neo
Mana Khemia
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Ann.
Blade Dancer
Jikandia: The Timeless Land

HEY SONY THESE GAMES ARE 5 YEARS OLD, CUT THE PRICE BY 75% ALREADY!
Jeanne d'Arc
Parappa the Rapper PSP
MediEvil Resurrection

I've got a couple of PSX games in mind to buy but really wish they'd do a PSX games sale =_=.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Right so this is just for my reference, but PS Store needs a fucking wishlist so I can easily take note of games I want to buy =_=.

*snip*

I've got a couple of PSX games in mind to buy but really wish they'd do a PSX games sale =_=.

If you like SRPGs, get Tactics Ogre. There is no "if" in regard to that.

Ragnarok Odyssey on PS Store is £24.99. Its actually cheaper than retail. Is this a pricing mistake?

Also is it worth getting?

I am currently enjoying it. The game can seem a bit button mashy at first but once you work out that the different combos have different uses its actually really fun combat system. Especially the mage where you do spells by doing combo's.

For example
tri, tri tri, tri, squ is fireball
tri, squ, squ, squ, squ is ice attacks finishing with ice tornado thing.

then in air its different so
tri, squ is fireball
tri, tri, squ is earth attack.

Then each spell works differently. One is single hit high damage. Another is aoe with knock back. another is Aoe multihit with no knock back etc etc.

With melee classes its different moves that have similar results (aoe attacks, rapid single target etc etc)

I have managed to find games online despite not LOADS of games on there but enough to get a game going.

The game looks nice and runs really smooth with very short load times.

basically if you like games like PSO and GEB then you should enjoy it.

As far as I can tell though there is no difficulty setting which is a shame as these games are fun to repeat on harder difficulties to get better loot. Still I am really enjoying it so far.

There's a PASBR patch and more character DLC for it that no-one
should
give too hoots about. Zeus from GoW and Isaac Clarke from Dead Space. Y'know, those much loved PlayStation all stars.

I like Isaac. :(

Zeus just seems lame, though. I haven't played God of War, but surely there's gotta some better characters from that series to use?

Speaking of God of War, looks like the extra EU PS+ freebie is God of War 1 HD, that has remote play with Vita right?

Top Bottom