• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Rahk

Just got this via email:
We hope you're enjoying your experience on PlayStation®Network. As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you $10.00 to spend on the PlayStation®Store!
It makes no mention of the rebate for spending $50 and I haven't actually bought anything since the the FF games went on sale, apart from redeeming a PS+ code I bought from Amazon a couple weeks ago. Is it unrelated to the rebate?

Nice guy, Sony.

Dec

Just got this via email:

It makes no mention of the rebate for spending $50 and I haven't actually bought anything since the the FF games went on sale, apart from redeeming a PS+ code I bought from Amazon a couple weeks ago. Is it unrelated to the rebate?

Nice guy, Sony.

I wonder if they're moving the promotion from last week to emails instead of PS3 messages?

Would be nice for us non PS3 owners.

Rahk

I wonder if they're moving the promotion from last week to emails instead of PS3 messages?

Would be nice for us non PS3 owners.
Oh wait, it also says:

"Check the Message Box on your PS3™ system for your unique $10.00 voucher code and simply click the attachment to redeem your credit. Code expires March 5, 2013."

I presumed there would be a way to find the code on the Vita as well, but apparently not?

I don't have a PS3 so how am I supposed to redeem it?

Oh wait, it also says:

"Check the Message Box on your PS3™ system for your unique $10.00 voucher code and simply click the attachment to redeem your credit. Code expires March 5, 2013."

I presumed there would be a way to find the code on the Vita as well, but apparently not?

I don't have a PS3 so how am I supposed to redeem it?

Sony is stupid.

Robertto

Neo Member
yeah got my $10 in the email today.

ALSO Colin from ign just tweeted
‏@notaxation
In less than three hours, my exclusive goes live on @IGN. A written piece and 30+ minutes of video discussing [REDACTED].

possible vita title?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Bought EDF2017 on impulse.

It is overpriced. But also stupid fun.

Yup - bought it day 1. I've paid less for games and hated them, so paying what I did for EDF feels OK given my enjoyment with that title.

Unrelated, NFS is growing on me. It's no sim, has really bizarre controls, and a few other issues (AI for one), but the world is quite huge and full of cars and events. I'll probably bite on GT PSP this week, but I need to research how single player works.

How bad is Ridge Racer? Is it super arcade-y?

Tizoc

^Oh a sale on the PS3 ver.!

I thought NO Crash games worked on Vita in the US.

Edit: Unless something changed, CAG list says the only game that works in the US is Crash Tag Team Racing and that's transferrable via PS3, but not on the store.

I asked in the US Playstation forums and someone confirmed that Mind over Mutant works on the Vita, but I've found no confirmation if the first game works =/

Shoyz

http://youtu.be/LiBx81t6ghg

Here's my video on MUD FIM

Probably the most egregious product placement I've seen in a video game. My favorite part is when after you finished driving past the hundred Monster signs you pass the Monster Energy Finish line, decorated with jumbo-sized Monster Energy drink cans at each end. In his Monster helmet, Monster suit on his Monster bike. Lost opportunity in not calling it 'Monster's MUD FIM'.

I mean Dorito's Crash Course didn't even seem to have any Doritos in the game. And that was free.

Ponn

Banned
Ive always had a problem with daily lockups and errors with my vita. I chalked it up to some memory and OS issue and using alot of the apps since i could never pinpoint anything in particular. After a particularly nasty lockup resulting in some error code requiring me to restore the Vita I decided to experiment and just delete the Facebook app completely. Over a day now with no lockups. I will keep updates but so far my reluctance to use Facebook at all seems justified.

ZeroAKA

Is there a free PSM game this week? I can't be bothered to check myself because my Wifi is painfully slow right now and the PSM section is just terribly organized.

Quick

Banned
I'm lagging behind on my game releases. Completely forgot that MLB 13 is coming out next week.

And I just pre-ordered SimCity, too.

And I'm pretty sure I have a day off on Tuesday, too lol.

Teknoman

I'm kinda contemplating downloading the game since its dropped to like 17 bucks via the sale...but I mean wouldnt going back and adding classic Crash or Spyro be more of an idea extra character?

Figure this as good a thread to ask in as any:

How is vita dead pixel policy in the EU?
My psp has a dead pixel and I never bothered getting it replaced but it bothered me for years.

I think oled screens should not have stuck pixels (since they don't move, they can't get stuck) but dead ones could still be an issue.

Is there a one dead pixel warranty?
Would I have to go through SCEE or through my store to get a replacement?

I really want a vita but if the answer isn't yes and through the store I don't want to bother playing a dead pixel lottery.

Sol1dus

http://flickr.com/gp/82130256@N07/P9Xu52

Got this waiting for me when I'm done with midterms this week. :3

P9Xu52

My psp has a dead pixel and I never bothered getting it replaced but it bothered me for years.

I think oled screens should not have stuck pixels (since they don't move, they can't get stuck) but dead ones could still be an issue.

I really want a vita but if the answer isn't yes and through the store I don't want to bother playing a dead pixel lottery.

Ask Sony ?

DiscoJer

Has anyone actually had a dead pixel on their Vita? I haven't heard any mentions of it.

Half my PSPs (2 out of 4) had them so I was worried, especially since I bought my Vita online. But knock on wood, perfect.

Teknoman

Why don't they just put all that effort into adding a decent story/adventure mode instead? Or making the menus look less pre-millennial?

I can't believe I wasted my GameStop gift card on this trainwreck.

Is the game at least fun / have a decent soundtrack repping the franchises involved?

Is the game at least fun / have a decent soundtrack repping the franchises involved?
No.

It's total shit, and an embarrassment of such epic proportions that it resulted in the developer being kicked to the curb so one of Sony's internal devs could pick up the pieces.

The worst part is that there have been like 192773 patches since its release, and none have addressed any of the issues people have with the game. In fact, all they've done is make the online unplayable.

Noi

Why don't they just put all that effort into adding a decent story/adventure mode instead? Or making the menus look less pre-millennial?

I can't believe I wasted my GameStop gift card on this trainwreck.

I'm legit upset that we have another fucker with guns (who isn't even first party) and an un-original free to use mythological figure over even a single RPG rep, whether FF or any of their own IPs.

The actual core gameplay is fantastic. Which makes it harder to admit that everything else about the game is pathetically mediocre.

Top Bottom