• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

w79kIjZ.png

It has been done!

just got my receipt.

titties this week set me back $78.12 USD

luckily localized titties cheaper (doa+)

"It's been announced that Remote Play will be included at a system level," ter Heide adds, "so obviously we will include that as well [in Shadow Fall], which I think is a very powerful thing to do at a system level."

CVG article quote form the killzone thread.

I just think it's awesome I'll be able to play Shadow Fall on my Vita!!! Exciting times ahead..

zulux21

Or fun gameplay and lots of unlockables.

:p
that could be, I am not judging, but there is no doubt the title is very fanservicey with boobs :p
it's the boobs and you know it :p

I didn't realize it was a Marvelous AQL game though, I suppose it still has a small shot of being localized by MQAL (half minute hero on steam) or xseed (owned by Marvelous AQL) though i imagine if xseed was going to do it they would have announced it with Ys, VH3, RF4, and the other games they announced.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
You know that you need a new MC when:

- You erase a PSP game to download a patch.

:(

the memory cards situation is very bad, 32GB is really not enough(I'm already deleting games right and left) and multi cards are annoying.

next Vita model (PCH-2xxx or whatever) better use standard flash memory card.

zulux21

the memory cards situation is very bad, 32GB is really not enough(I'm already deleting games right and left) and multi cards are annoying.

next Vita model (PCH-2xxx or whatever) better use standard flash memory card.

I highly doubt that the vita will ever use anything but the current format for memory cards.

that being said the price should go down over time (like the psp with the memory stick) and ideally the next vita model will have at a good amount of on board memory.

so do all psp games looks so fugly??

i just started killzone liberation... looks so blah..

i prefer psx ff9 much more even though it's way more pixelated.

maybe there are options i can fix how psp games display?

btkadams

Not that I've seen but it better do :(

so lame if they don't. i barely played my ps3 version but spent a lot of time with the vita game.

like all old games, they look better after a few minutes of getting used to the visuals. mgs is a horrendous looking game now, but i played through it for the first time in 2008 and loved it.

some psp games look a lot better than others though. just try turning on/off bilinear filtering to see what looks best.

Takao

Banned

It's because PSP games are being upscaled. Sony really needs to allow us to play PSP games in their native resolution on Vita.

sajj316

It's because PSP games are being upscaled. Sony really needs to allow us to play PSP games in their native resolution on Vita.

Yes! Yes! Yes! This x 100. I don't care about black boxes. I was playing Maverick Hunter X last night and though about how this game would look if it wasn't scaled up.

ah see this is what i was looking for.... an option to keep the native res.

hrmmmm.

I think there is time to enjoy Mercenary and then enjoy Shadow Fall. Both are instant purchases for me.

yeah im typically a waiter on purchasing... dont usually buy hardware/software till a year later on average.

I don't know about that. Not too my eyes. Why would you need bi linear filtering in the first place it if looked the same?

The reasoning is that the Vita's screen is exactly twice the resolution of the PSP's screen in each dimension. If the emulator included an option to just quadruple every pixel on the screen rather than using a filtering resize, it -should- look just like PSP output.

Shai-Tan

Banned
Sine Mora is bloody fucking hard, and I've played a good number of Cave titles before. :/ Story mode is too easy and everything else is just way too unforgiving. I don't know how I feel about the time mechanic, because it creates situations where you are basically killed without being shot just because you run out of time and can't manage to kill enough enemies in time.

I'm not into bullet hell or any side scrolling shooter so take it for what it is but when games rely on some kind of meter or rare resource I always end up conserving too much. I'd much perfer if a game was made to play without it in the first place. But then I almost never use bombs in Super Stardust either even when I've got like 10 of them so maybe there's something wrong with me.

I'm not into bullet hell or any side scrolling shooter so take it for what it is but when games rely on some kind of meter or rare resource I always end up conserving too much. I'd much perfer if a game was made to play without it in the first place. But then I almost never use bombs in Super Stardust either even when I've got like 10 of them so maybe there's something wrong with me.

If you're running out of time "because there's nothing to shoot", odds are you got hit too much, since time is also your lifebar.

While the story mode forces the slowing of time mechanic, you can also switch your meter to do other things, like reflect shots instead, once you play arcade mode.

I know some people were pissy because the game randomizes powerups, so you can't employ memorization of patterns and powerups to maximize score... but I'm not good enough at the game to criticize the mechanic. If I start playing arcade mode, dodge every bullet on the screen and kill every enemy and still die because there's nothing to shoot, maybe then I'll start thinking the design is bad... but I doubt I'll ever be *that* good at it. ;)

Games like Minecraft, Terraria, and DayZ should be a major focus and would be a major win if they arrived on the platform this year. I'm still not sure why Terraria is only coming to PS3 and is not a cross buy game, seems like it would greatly benefit by being on vita too.

Not sure if TT games count as indies, but they should try to get their games and more of those old school adventure games on Vita as well. I would replay ToMI and SamnMax if they got ports, but more importantly, TWD and TWD S2.

Wish there was a Resident Evil game for the Vita.

Capcom promised RE (and DMC) on PSP and then just loled. RE: R is coming to everything but the vita. If capcom can't even be assed to do a port for a game that's already coming to every other console, then it's not gonna happen.

not sure where it stands here in this thread - but the psx Persona 2 that was just released and only works on ps3 currently is being fixed to work on vita (and psp).

so.... yay.

Skyzard

Banned
Guys about Sonic Racing - on the UK store metal sonic and outrun just showed up as paid downloads...I thought you got them free if you bought the digital version? Or was that for preorders? Still not sure how to do those on PSN :/

Yeah, PSASBR is a killer. 888MB on the Vita for a patch...

It ends up replacing game files on my digital edition - only 50mb or so increase after installing.

Checking out the Urban Trial Freestyle and Sly Cooper demo. UK store is looking pretty decent atm, quite a few other additions finally landing.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Games like Minecraft, Terraria, and DayZ should be a major focus and would be a major win if they arrived on the platform this year. I'm still not sure why Terraria is only coming to PS3 and is not a cross buy game, seems like it would greatly benefit by being on vita too.

Not sure if TT games count as indies, but they should try to get their games and more of those old school adventure games on Vita as well. I would replay ToMI and SamnMax if they got ports, but more importantly, TWD and TWD S2.

Agree, if Sony want to change their strategy from "Console experience on the go" to "XBLI on the go" a year after Vita release they need to get some of the big and popular indie games, the no names/lesser known ones just wont push this new strategy for them.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Guys about Sonic Racing - on the UK store metal sonic and outrun just showed up as paid downloads...I thought you got them free if you bought the digital version? Or was that for preorders? Still not sure how to do those on PSN :/

It ends up replacing game files on my digital edition - only 50mb or so increase after installing.

So many people already freaking out before ,lol.

sajj316

The reasoning is that the Vita's screen is exactly twice the resolution of the PSP's screen in each dimension. If the emulator included an option to just quadruple every pixel on the screen rather than using a filtering resize, it -should- look just like PSP output.

Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

speaking of sinemora, is there more of the story mode after the first time beating it? the story didn't seems finished, I wonder if I'm missing something, do I need to play story mode in hard mode or something?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
speaking of sinemora, is there more of the story mode after the first time beating it? the story didn't seems finished, I wonder if I'm missing something, do I need to play story mode in hard mode or something?

Yep.

zulux21

i can agree with minecraft and terraria, but I highly doubt something like DayZ will come. Not only would you need to likely water it down in order to get it to run decently on the vita, you would also need to cut like half the content to get it to fit on the vita (it's 10gb on steam, the vita supports 3, even assuming a decent size reduction due to lower res assets needed there still needs to be a lot removed to make it 3gb)

Top Bottom