• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Salaadin

don't know but my statement wasn't a guess... it's already up on the steam thing that shows what valve is uploading aka given that and the letter it's very unlikely that ys 1 and 2 isn't coming to steam. there might be more to the story than just that but the vita game is ys 4 so 5 doesn't make sense there.
XSEED forums seem to be thinking that there are multiple hints in there. XSEED does have a few more announcements left. I guess we will see...

I didnt know about Ys 1 and 2 on steam. Ill pick those up for sure.

Edit: someone should make a gaf thread. I would but I'm on my tablet and its too much of a pain.

zulux21

XSEED forums seem to be thinking that there are multiple hints in there. XSEED does have a few more announcements left. I guess we will see...

I didnt know about Ys 1 and 2 on steam. Ill pick those up for sure.

Edit: someone should make a gaf thread. I would but I'm on my tablet and its too much of a pain.

i thought about making a thread, but i am really out of it right now due to lack of sleep lol, someone else should make a thread though

Ran rp

Some Tearaway Vita wallpaper.

i0x7gw8N2KIby.png

i5D7XBhAgLkYP.png

ZeroAKA

so what are the best attributes to prioritize upgrading in Gravity Rush?
I concentrated on the gravity powers, namely gauge usage, and gravity kick for most of the game. I upgraded everything else as I needed them. One tip about HP though: if you upgrade your HP, your HP automatically gets refilled to the max. You might want to save some of those HP upgrades for bosses.

So now that I'm back from ban-land, a couple of things.

1) Is Sly 4 worth purchasing if I've never played a previous Sly game before? I'm Vita-starved, and I absolutely loved the Infamous games, but I don't want to get invested if there is a ton of storyline I need to catch up on.

2) I didn't receive the referral e-mail going around, but if someone needs a Vita recommendee, let me know, and I can forward my Vita's SN.

3) As the father of a 6-month old, this handheld has been my only opportunity to fit in game time between work, school, and being a father. I LOVE this thing!

Edit: I should also mention that everyone here was right, P4G is ridiculous good. The last time an RPG sucked me in like this was SMT:Nocturne. Since I was out with the flu today, I was able to put in 6+ hours in one day! Loving it!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

at first just focus on upgrading Gauge Usage+Recovery time+Gravity kick.

you will max everything in the mid of the game anyway(if you do the side stuff/challenges).

Totobeni did you see that play for free video? and is she the one in your avatar.

Yeah game look like fun

and is she the one in your avatar

PSY・S;47112248 said:
Yeah, is she?

No,a different gravure idol.

9mJJcQk.gif

^ this is my Shizuka. ( this is way you guys need to ask Marvelous AQL to put GT Master on Vita..srsly)

both are f-cup tho.

Really nice interview about Tearaway showing gameplay and stuff.

Also shows somebody playing it on the TV for a little bit, which makes me really sad, because it looks great on the TV :( Maybe we will get video-out eventually through the expansion slot.

this is pretty freaking nice.
Also shows somebody playing it on the TV for a little bit, which makes me really sad, because it looks great on the TV

HDMI out for Vita revision ..believe.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Fall speed and meter. That's about it. Health you don't really need to worry about in the main game and outside of two extra missions isn't too important unless you go for the extra bosses.

Apath

Do we have any info on GA2? I keep seeing people mention it, but all I can recall is that it was vaguely confirmed to be in development.

TheSeks

NGS+ people: what's the best way to do the mission where you have to kill 5 big red dragon fiends in 3 minutes?

Just kill three of the dragons with the Diablo... then ninpo fire the other two.

Don't focus on the little shits, they infinite respawn and aren't worth the time wasted on them. Move away from them and then when they start to come over to you (and the dragons spawn at the other side) rush back to the other side to get the dragon.

VanWinkle

From Forbes Tearaway preview:

"The final piece of ingenuity is how the game deals with achievements. In addition to the usual set of Trophies, completing levels also grants the player a variety of printable templates for paper-craft models.

This takes the different creatures and objects in the game and lets the player make their own. At first this sounds like something of a novelty, but seeing the quality and detail in these cardboard creations makes you want to start your own collection.

It’s certainly a nice alternative to having to buy game characters, like in Skylanders Giants or Disney Infinity. Here, you simply earn the template and then spool it out via your printer. Asking my kids whether they would swap Skylanders figures for these paper-craft versions, they said they thought they would because this was something they could make themselves."

You have to equip it first.
If you press O for throwing weapon and still toss kunai/shurikens, it's not equipped.

No, that's not the problem. I'm not retarded where I don't know you have to equip weapons.

It randomly did it just now and randomly wasted my ninpo thing too since it wasn't registering the rear touch pad until now either. Not sure what it's problem is but this port is freaking awful.

TheSeks

Check your controller mappings in the main menu. It sounds like you (or the game) changed the controller mapping since it shouldn't be firing off ninpo from the backtouch.

No, that's not the problem. I'm not retarded where I don't know you have to equip weapons.

It randomly did it just now and randomly wasted my ninpo thing too since it wasn't registering the rear touch pad until now either. Not sure what it's problem is but this port is freaking awful.

Sounds like your Vita, actually. :(
I've had 0 problems getting it to go first person (or hitting the symbols for ninpo, which only increases the power... so yeah, it sucks, but it's not totally wasted).
Combine this with the other people currently playing this (TheSeks, Leona Lewis, etc.) and I haven't seen them say anything about it... in fact, they say it's annoying that it's touch anywhere on the screen to go FPS cause they've gotten their asses handed to them mid fight when their hands slipped.

Hey guys, now that I've beaten P4G I'm craving more JRPGs to play on my vita. My vita is homebrewed so I have already started playing P3P and BBS Final Mix. What others would you guys recommend? I'll play pretty much anything else as long as it's fun and has good characters.

TheSeks

Support this game or die trying

It looks like Killzone, which means it'll be boring as fuck even if they nail the shooting down.

I'll only buy it if it's $10-15 and the shooting is nailed. I learned my lesson about "OMG POTENTIAL" with Call of Duty.

Hey guys, now that I've beaten P4G I'm craving more JRPGs to play on my vita. My vita is homebrewed so I have already started playing P3P and BBS Final Mix. What others would you guys recommend? I'll play pretty much anything else as long as it's fun and has good characters.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin (we need more people for Eternal Punishment pushing)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (patched to fix slowdown)
Front Mission 3
Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Sounds like your Vita, actually. :(
I've had 0 problems getting it to go first person (or hitting the symbols for ninpo, which only increases the power... so yeah, it sucks, but it's not totally wasted).
Combine this with the other people currently playing this (TheSeks, Leona Lewis, etc.) and I haven't seen them say anything about it... in fact, they say it's annoying that it's touch anywhere on the screen to go FPS cause they've gotten their asses handed to them mid fight when their hands slipped.

Now it's not going into first person view again. :/ What the fuck.

It looks like Killzone, which means it'll be boring as fuck even if they nail the shooting down.

I'll only buy it if it's $10-15 and the shooting is nailed. I learned my lesson about "OMG POTENTIAL" with Call of Duty.

That was never potential. It always looked ass.

It ended up being better than a shit stain, decent fun, even.

Killzone, on the other hand, is actual development attention from a developer not asleep at the wheel. This looks stellar.

TheSeks

Button mappings are only from the main menu right?

Right. Sigma removed being able to reset the game from the options menu in the in-game menus, and Sigma+ continued that tradition.

HAYASHIIIIIIT.

That was never potential. It always looked ass.

It ended up being better than a shit stain, decent fun, even.

Killzone, on the other hand, is actual development attention from a developer not asleep at the wheel. This looks stellar.

I have never been a Killzone fan. The Heighlast design is nice but everything about the universe has just been bland and the shooting hasn't been fun to where I really dunno how the series is "popular" as it is among the Sony-fanbase
(if it even is popular. trollololol)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

buy Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure from the PS store.

Right. Sigma removed being able to reset the game from the options menu in the in-game menus, and Sigma+ continued that tradition.

HAYASHIIIIIIT.

I have never been a Killzone fan. The Heighlast design is nice but everything about the universe has just been bland and the shooting hasn't been fun to where I really dunno how the series is "popular" as it is among the Sony-fanbase
(if it even is popular. trollololol)

Nothing wrong with the mapping but after quitting the application and restarting it seems to be registering now. So weird but I'm glad it's not my vita at least.

From Musiol in KZM thread:

So, I'll just drop it here:

• Full fledged single player campaing
  • We will visit places known previously from other games. GG will show us known mission from different perspectives, eg. - operation Archangel from Killzone 2
  • Main character is Aaron Danner - mercenary working for fame and money. He's a member of colonial army and he'll be working both of ISA and Helgen. Who pays more - gonna get the job done. And yes, first time in the series we won't play as an ISA.
  • We will be rewarded with cash for completing the mission. We could spend this on a black market for buying new weapons, guns, gadgets (drones, energy shield, invicibility). It's expensive and short working - but rewarding and helpful.
  • Vanguard is the new system. You can see it on the left arm of Aaron. You can quick access shops and use special weapons touching it.
  • For multiplayer - 8 players, 3 modes (Warzone, Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch). Money earned from single player and guns are unlocked in multiplayer too.
  • There's a whole Contract system (just like in Hitman: Absolution). After finishing a mission, you can activate a contract and earn additional money.
  • As I wrote earlier - graphically is astonishig, best looking game on PSVita.
  • Touch controls (stealh kills, zooming with sniper rifle [it's optional, though], "waggle gimmicks" for aiming, but it's all well implemented and it isn't feel like they added it just to add anything.
  • September 2013.

source: http://www.ps3site.pl/killzone-najemnik-bedzie-najladniejsza-gra-na-playstation-vita/140923

Some screens (more at source link):

kzm_ss_2013-01-31_killzonemercenary_01.jpg

kzm_ss_2013-01-31_killzonemercenary_03.jpg

kzm_ss_2013-01-31_killzonemercenary_07.jpg

kzm_ss_2013-01-31_killzonemercenary_10.jpg

Is Sept the date for NA? I need this now...

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Nunchucks are just XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX... XXXXXXXXXXXXXY... :p

Flails are nearly the same but the combo for XXXX is shorter.

Also change to the Diablihiro as soon as you can. UT the fuck out of enemies. Win.
Shut up! I'm trying to complete MGS HD edish and save up for Metal Gear Rising! I can't be tempted by more ninjas!

SiDCrAzY

Damn Killzone looks awesome, I've never been a fan of the series...hmm...

Might end up picking it up anyways. Tearaway is looking like a definite buy though.

TheSeks

Shut up! I'm trying to complete MGS HD edish and save up for Metal Gear Rising! I can't be tempted by more ninjas!

You aren't getting it for free? Well, at least you save yourself from a pretty bad port.

ZeroAKA

HAYASHIIIIIIT.
I really wonder if that's going to be changed in Sigma Plus 2. It's my only complaint about the game so far that doesn't have to do with my own lack of skill.

Top Bottom