• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Skyzard

Banned
Yep, Sonic RT, EDF 2017 and PSASBR are seriously fun games, having a great time playing them all. A great trio too.

Details of Stranger's Wrath update

-Leaderboards
-Fix for graphical bugs
-Alternate controls (disabled rear touch)

http://expansivedlc.com/leaderboard-support-coming-to-strangers-wrath-vita/

Awesome, is that what he was referring to here btw:

Thank you all...

There will be an announcement re: Stranger VITA at the end of Jan ;)

Tee hee

Aren't we suppose to be getting some info about something on Friday too? Or am I just dreaming stuff up now?

that one is for god of war ascension sp trailer isn't it? or maybe there are other separate news for vita.

now that they've showed tearaway and killzone merc, I hope we got new game announcement now.

Robertto

Neo Member
Killzone & Tearaway news
Soul Sacrifice Date (April 30th)
Muramasa Localization
Possibly Samurai and Dragons

I count at least 4.

well the VG247 video has me seriously hyped on KZ:M, but defiantly wait on see on soul sacrifice, samurai and dragons does nothing for me, and this may not be popular but ill wait on tearaway aswell because while LBP was so novel and creative at the time i still think it wasnt a great platformer (never finished LBP Vita also).

holding out for some kind of GTA on Vita even if it was just san andreas, also what ever Bends working on, hopefully syphon filter.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Define mission?

I have 5 open to me in "ninja tutorial" and I'm on chapter 5 of normal.
Not sure about others.

The missions after Unrivaled Meeting.

I can't unlock "Nightmarish Phantasms" despite being 5/5 in Ninja Tutorial, Path of the Mater Ninja, and Unrivaled Meeting.

I've also forgotten how much I hate the burning building section Hayashit added to Sigma (I don't recall it in Black) where you have to be on the attack and be quick otherwise TROLLOLOLOLOL FIRE DAMAGE.

Jomjom

Banned
Just a quick PSA for Vita owners. I think most people here have probably heard of Sony's sort-of-pathetic attempt at boosting Vita sales by having people try to convince their friends to buy a Vita.

Basically if you haven't heard, the promotion is that if a Sony/Playstation credit card holder convinces someone to buy a Vita, both people will get a $20 PSN voucher code once the promotion ends. Well that promotion has started.

If you have a Playstation card you can go here Referral Program homepage and create an account and begin referring friends. However, since Sony does not have a Club Nintendo type of program where you can register your systems, any Vita can be used for the referral, even Vitas bought at launch.

So if you are a Playstation credit card holder, you can essentially refer yourself (use your main PSN account as the referral account, and another PSN account name and e-mail as the person being referred with your Vita's Serial Number located at the bottom right of your Vita handheld. By doing this you will essentially nab yourself $40 in PSN credit since you are both the referror and the referree.

If you don't have a Playstation credit card or don't know anyone who does, you can also use me as your referral to get a $20 PSN code, by clicking here. I guess we can think of this as Sony's ambassador program?

P.S. Forgot to mention when you enter the Vita's Serial number you will have to add a "0" after the first two letters. So for example your serial may be HU1234567, you will have to enter HU01234567.

well the VG247 video has me seriously hyped on KZ:M, but defiantly wait on see on soul sacrifice, samurai and dragons does nothing for me, and this may not be popular but ill wait on tearaway aswell because while LBP was so novel and creative at the time i still think it wasnt a great platformer (never finished LBP Vita also).

holding out for some kind of GTA on Vita even if it was just san andreas, also what ever Bends working on, hopefully syphon filter.

from the gameplay video, tearaway looks less of a platformer and more of an adventure game with puzzle solving, Iota doesn't look like it can actively fight monster, so most of the time you're running around and using the environment to beat the monster, looks like the challenge is in figuring out how to proceed and evade enemy instead of testing your platforming skill

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
So SEGA is back to Vita again it seems, that something good since I thought they got a divorce.

hoping for more games from them then :)

Derrick01

Banned
I can stand behind this - nothing will top Super Mario Kart for me, but Sonic dumps all over everything since, imo.

Yeah I'll always have more fond memories of mario kart 64 and diddy kong racing thanks to being a lot younger and having so many friends around, but I can't even pretend that those games match up to what Sonic does. It smokes them.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
why do you they divorced? they deliver Sonic racing for Vita, and the last Sonic rumor, they mention vita release. lol
Very few people can comprehend how Totobeni consistently latches on to negativity.

I'm ragging on you Toto, but you really need to get your head checked out. I care about your mental health!

Its an awful shame that the Kingdom Hearts HD Collection probably wont get a Vita release. Those games would be absolutely amazing on the go.

It kills me to see this awesome system not being taken advantage of by the developers. SE could give us HD Remasters of some of the most loved games of all time, as well as FF Type-0; Capcom could give us a new Monster Hunter; as well numerous examples.

Still love my system though. P4G is gold (obviously lol) and the Uno exploit is nice because I can play my old UMDs without actually having the UMDs.

VanWinkle

The thing about totobeni is he can be reading a thread FILLED with positive comments, and he sees that ONE negative one, and that's the one he takes as fact. I see it happen all the time.

Robertto

Neo Member
from the gameplay video, tearaway looks less of a platformer and more of an adventure game with puzzle solving, Iota doesn't look like it can actively fight monster, so most of the time you're running around and using the environment to beat the monster, looks like the challenge is in figuring out how to proceed and evade enemy instead of testing your platforming skill

yeah it defiantly looks interesting, im just not frothing for it.

VanWinkle

Which one is supposed to be better?

I honestly have a hard time telling the difference between the 15, 30, and 60 fps on this page. I think I should be ashamed :(

WHAT?! That's insane man. I mean, that would be nice to not notice, I guess, but there's a huge difference. Especially between the 15 and the 60.

Ran rp

Samurai & Dragons is being localized.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510871

Did not see that coming.

f0e6c_218228-asssss.jpg

I can't wait.

The missions after Unrivaled Meeting.

I can't unlock "Nightmarish Phantasms" despite being 5/5 in Ninja Tutorial, Path of the Mater Ninja, and Unrivaled Meeting.

I've also forgotten how much I hate the burning building section Hayashit added to Sigma (I don't recall it in Black) where you have to be on the attack and be quick otherwise TROLLOLOLOLOL FIRE DAMAGE.

They're all locked for me currently and it says "Ninjas who finish many paths will find other paths open".

I'm guessing you need to beat the game or something. Off to google!

Google tells me nothing! Dammit.

If i really try, i can see 15FPS isn't as smooth.

30 and 60 look identical to me though

Do you play a lot of action games or fighters?
Are you very technical about either if you do -- do you learn combos and timings and strings, etc.? That's where it becomes unbelievably apparent.

You can usually tell if something looks like it's moving too fast or too fluid when you're not used to 60fps.
Considering a lot of movies are currently filmed @ 24 fps, I think, NTSC is like 28 fps, I think, and a lot of games aim for 30, so if you first notice, usually you notice the faster one first as feeling "unnatural" or looking "unreal".

Once you get used to playing a game at a certain fps, all your timings become muscle memory, visual cues for dodging, etc.
Change it to 30 and it changes the # of frames each action is or how big or small of a window you have. It also changes the timings because of this. Bad juju.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
If i really try, i can see 15FPS isn't as smooth.

30 and 60 look identical to me though
My SO's mother can't smell, so she's always willing to try burnt dishes and the nastiest culinary disasters. You're kind of like that, but with your eyes!

Forbiden

Is there any way to find the Vita serial number besides the sticker at the bottom? the one on mine totally faded, but I would like to take part of this purchase promotion :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Because of you I'm doing mission mode now. Damn you.

Abusing flying swallow is fun and I suck with the nunchucks. :(

Nunchucks are just XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX... XXXXXXXXXXXXXY... :p

Flails are nearly the same but the combo for XXXX is shorter.

Also change to the Diablihiro as soon as you can. UT the fuck out of enemies. Win.

Top Bottom