• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

dreamfall

I don't know what is happening to my Vita. I've been trying to play the Sly demo, and right after skipping the Story cinematic it crashes and gives me a message saying it will restart. Every time.

I tried rebuilding the database, and restoring the system but the same problems occur. Is anyone else experiencing this? It reminded me of the Unit 13 hard locks :/

Sky Chief

From Forbes Tearaway preview:

"The final piece of ingenuity is how the game deals with achievements. In addition to the usual set of Trophies, completing levels also grants the player a variety of printable templates for paper-craft models.

This takes the different creatures and objects in the game and lets the player make their own. At first this sounds like something of a novelty, but seeing the quality and detail in these cardboard creations makes you want to start your own collection.

It’s certainly a nice alternative to having to buy game characters, like in Skylanders Giants or Disney Infinity. Here, you simply earn the template and then spool it out via your printer. Asking my kids whether they would swap Skylanders figures for these paper-craft versions, they said they thought they would because this was something they could make themselves."

Amazing, I want this so badly

I don't know what is happening to my Vita. I've been trying to play the Sly demo, and right after skipping the Story cinematic it crashes and gives me a message saying it will restart. Every time.

I tried rebuilding the database, and restoring the system but the same problems occur. Is anyone else experiencing this? It reminded me of the Unit 13 hard locks :/

My Vita has been seizing up too. Usually with the Internet app. More frequently since the new 2.0 + firmware.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
*Plays Sly Cooper for first time ever via new demo*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, one of those furry games...

I see tearaway stuff came out :)

SWEET

Man both those games look fantastic and look like great fun, I'm actually a bit excited for vita this year now

Also, from igns preview of tearaway

I’ve finally been given the chance to play Tearaway – due out sometime in 2013 – and I’ve been left with mixed emotions.

So out this year :)

Oh. And from the preview of killzone
Mercenary’s “Brutal Melee” kills, which require players to press the triangle button or tap an on-screen icon before following a quick on-screen prompt to do away with your foe at the point of a blade.

No need for touchscreen stuff

addyb

So wait, NG Sigma + is like 2.3GB? Sigh, I was afraid of that... I have a puny 8GB card and can't afford a 32GB card at the moment :( I finally just got DJMAX though, it's so amazing.

I got DJMAX earlier this week. It is indeed fantastic. Going to import Project Diva f i think as well. :)

Sintoid

Ahahaha, that's exactly what I thought. He looks so dejected.

uedam.jpg

Have you seen this man?

Valhalla Knights 3

PS Vita, Fall 2013 – The fourth title published by XSEED Games in the popular Valhalla Knights action RPG series, Valhalla Knights 3 features a robust character creation system and brings intense seven-on-seven party-based combat to the PS Vita. Players can select from one of seven races and one of twenty job classes such as Fighter, Mage, Thief, Priest, Akatoki or Archer, while also equipping two sub-jobs. Players can adventure with a party of their own making or brave the wilds alone and seamlessly engage in real-time combat to earn skill points for upgrading and unlocking abilities unique to each job class.

Ys: Memories of Celceta

PS Vita, Fall 2013 – An extensive reimagining of (and pseudo-sequel to) Ys IV, one of the only Ys games never before released in the west, this title puts more enemies on screen than ever before and features the largest, most non-linear overworld in Ys history, boasting superlative graphics and a triumphant evolution of the fast-paced gameplay that has made this series a timeless action RPG mainstay. As the game opens, long-time protagonist Adol Christin finds himself alone, dazed and confused in a strange land, and must piece together his memories of how he got here and why, all the while struggling to determine whom he can trust.

From xseed thread ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, Corrosive: Did you figure out that mission unlock thing?

Looks like the referral account page works. It shows pending for most of those I sent a referral to. If anyone wants a referral shoot me a pm.

ZeroAKA

I don't even care about Vita Game Heaven 2 anymore after seeing all of these Vita news this week. Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa, Killzone, Tearaway, and Ys combined with my decent-sized Vita backlog should keep me occupied for a while.

I don't even care about Vita Game Heaven 2 anymore after seeing all of these Vita news this week. Soul Sacrifice, Muramasa, Killzone, Tearaway, and Ys combined with my decent-sized Vita backlog should keep me occupied for a while.

What do mean? This is is vita heaven 2!

ZeroAKA

It's been a good week, but still no Senran Kagura, which is a travesty.
We'll probably see that by the end of the week if the momentum keeps going.

lolnope

How are the Valhalla Knights games? Should I be excited about VK3 for the Vita?

Edit: Seems to be mediocre judging by posts in the XSEED thread. Oh well, it's still one more Vita game.

Chesskid1

Banned
valhalla knights games any good?

i played the ys's games so i'm good with that series, never touched a valhalla game.

only $5 for the first psp game on vita too!!

zulux21

And tomorrow Tecmo announces Totori Plus, NISA Monster Monpiece and Namco Tales of Innocence F for the best Vita week ever.
why just totori, why not hope for both totori and meruru plus to be confirmed :p
and you forgot to hope for demon gaze from aksys :p
valhalla knights games any good?

i played the ys's games so i'm good with that series, never touched a valhalla game.

only $5 for the first psp game on vita too!!

the valhalla knights games have been flawed games with potential for a while (aside from the wii one, that one is just terrible), i am not sure if 3 has gotten more to that potential instead of flawed though.

DigitalOp

Banned
Vita Vita VitaGAF!!!

E3 bout to get this shit on and poppin

I'm so damn hype, the announcements keep pouring on

Btw don't forget about that sonic announcement next month!! , segas been holdin the Vita down

Sooo I have to admit, playing ngsplus, I can feel the fps difference compared to the originals, but that in no way affects the game at all, I started my playthrough on hard and I'm frigging loving it.... makes every fight seem like it may be my last and even then it's filled with balls to the wall action

Definitely the God tier of action game, no cise

Sid

Vita Vita VitaGAF!!!

E3 bout to get this shit on and poppin

I'm so damn hype, the announcements keep pouring on

Btw don't forget about that sonic announcement next month!! , segas been holdin the Vita down

Sooo I have to admit, playing ngsplus, I can feel the fps difference compared to the originals, but that in no way affects the game at all, I started my playthrough on hard and I'm frigging loving it.... makes every fight seem like it may be my last and even then it's filled with balls to the wall action

Definitely the God tier of action game, no cise
Did you change the display settings?the default ones look washed out.

DigitalOp

Banned
Yup
1.2?? My contrast might be one notch too high

This game looks phenomenal on OLED

Edit: I need a new phone, posting to gaf sometimes actually becomes work smh

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
And tomorrow Tecmo announces Totori Plus, NISA Monster Monpiece and Namco Tales of Innocence F for the best Vita week ever.
And Namco Europe/USA edits their One Piece PW 2 announcement, adds Vita version.
Dragon Quest 8 announced.

I love 'em pipe dreams.

Hanmik

So now I´m waiting for

- Uncharted Vita 2.
- Gran Turismo Vita.
- God of War Vita.
- inFamous Vita.
- Final Fantasy X HD Vita.

SmokyDave

So now I´m waiting for

- Uncharted Vita 2.
- Gran Turismo Vita.
- God of War Vita.
- inFamous Vita.
- Final Fantasy X HD Vita.
GT Vita and GoW Vita for me. I want those two games more than anything I can imagine for any other platform. If either are shown at E3 it'll be bigger news for me than the next-gen consoles.

Sid

GT Vita and GoW Vita for me. I want those two games more than anything I can imagine for any other platform. If either are shown at E3 it'll be bigger news for me than the next-gen consoles.
I know they are kinda certain but I really can't take them for granted anymore.

Hanmik

same for me.. and it´s easier to bother my wife with

"I need to dig into our life savings to buy two videogames"

than

"I need to dig into our life savings to buy yet another videogame console without games,.."

Just a quick PSA for Vita owners. I think most people here have probably heard of Sony's sort-of-pathetic attempt at boosting Vita sales by having people try to convince their friends to buy a Vita.

Basically if you haven't heard, the promotion is that if a Sony/Playstation credit card holder convinces someone to buy a Vita, both people will get a $20 PSN voucher code once the promotion ends. Well that promotion has started.

If you have a Playstation card you can go here Referral Program homepage and create an account and begin referring friends. However, since Sony does not have a Club Nintendo type of program where you can register your systems, any Vita can be used for the referral, even Vitas bought at launch.

So if you are a Playstation credit card holder, you can essentially refer yourself (use your main PSN account as the referral account, and another PSN account name and e-mail as the person being referred with your Vita's Serial Number located at the bottom right of your Vita handheld. By doing this you will essentially nab yourself $40 in PSN credit since you are both the referror and the referree.

If you don't have a Playstation credit card or don't know anyone who does, you can also use me as your referral to get a $20 PSN code, by clicking here. I guess we can think of this as Sony's ambassador program?

P.S. Forgot to mention when you enter the Vita's Serial number you will have to add a "0" after the first two letters. So for example your serial may be HU1234567, you will have to enter HU01234567.

Just did it! thanks for this.

Although I'm from the UK so I dont know if it will work for me?

Looks like the referral account page works. It shows pending for most of those I sent a referral to. If anyone wants a referral shoot me a pm.

Works for me too now, one is stated as accepted and the others as "success - pending". If anybody still wants to try this out, just PM me.

Back to topic, Vita is getting some very nice games, hope they'll have some things left to show at E3 or TGS. Would love me a new Hot Shots Tennis, God of War and an arcady Gran Turismo could be nice too ;) and give me at least Colony Wars 1 and 2 on PSN.

SmokyDave

I know they are kinda certain but I really can't take them for granted anymore.
I don't take 'em for granted, I think that's why I'm so eager to see either announced. In theory they should be no-brainers, but with Vita performing as it is, nothing is certain.

same for me.. and it´s easier to bother my wife with

"I need to dig into our life savings to buy two videogames"

than

"I need to dig into our life savings to buy yet another videogame console without games,.."
That's where I'm lucky. I want Orbis, she wants Durango, we'll end up with both!

Hanmik

I don't take 'em for granted, I think that's why I'm so eager to see either announced. In theory they should be no-brainers, but with Vita performing as it is, nothing is certain.

That's where I'm lucky. I want Orbis, she wants Durango, we'll end up with both!

I want games and consoles, she wants stuff for our home and kids..

Top Bottom