• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yeah I can't get excited at all over Killzone if it's going to be as unplayable as it was in the trailer. I'm so tired of the extreme graphics >>>>>>>>>> gameplay movement in this industry. It was one thing when they sacrificed being at 60fps to push more graphics but now they're sacrificing 30 down to 17-20 to push even more.
Optimization is generally the last thing that happens in game development - and the game is now 7 months away.

Iacobellis

Can someone please explain the plot of Tearaway to me, please? It seems like an interesting game, but I didn't pay much attention to it since August.

yella

Watched the Killzone trailer; I can't play FPS games since I have really bad motion sickness, but I'll buy it anyway just to support the dev and the Vita!

Also, just bought Sine Mora and Mutant Blobs Attack (MBA was mostly thanks to Carl). Next up, Stranger's Wrath (for my birthday next month)!

Carl

Can someone please explain the plot of Tearaway to me, please? It seems like an interesting game, but I didn't pay much attention to it since August.

It's supposed to be interacting with Iota's world... i think Iota's envelope head has a message in it or something? I don't remember

oldmario

81gxODlmI5L.jpg

PSASBR has possibly the best cover ever, and yes this is real

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Omega: I've done the three trials completely and I can't unlock the 4th? Do I have to go further into the game (only at Chapter 2) to do this? I want to unlock the maximum power at the cost of defense/game breaking enhancement to go with the Amulet of Sun but that apparently needs four trials cleared and I've cleared the three but nothing unlocked.

VanWinkle

If I'm not mistaken, you're helping the character, iota, a messenger boy, deliver an important message to you, the player. And if I'm remembering correctly, you have a unique message. BUT I COULD BE WRONG THERE.

Massa

Yeah I can't get excited at all over Killzone if it's going to be as unplayable as it was in the trailer. I'm so tired of the extreme graphics >>>>>>>>>> gameplay movement in this industry. It was one thing when they sacrificed being at 60fps to push more graphics but now they're sacrificing 30 down to 17-20 to push even more.

At least you're over the "it's an iOS game" thing.

Mr E.

If I'm not mistaken, you're helping the character, iota, a messenger boy, deliver an important message to you, the player. And if I'm remembering correctly, you have a unique message. BUT I COULD BE WRONG THERE.
Fuck! I bet the message is get your friend to buy a vita and earn 20 dollars.

Cracked it.

Actually I'm looking forward to this.

VanWinkle

From the vg247 preview on Tearaway:

"After all this effort to create such a unique gameplay environment, I wondered if there were fears that Tearaway would still simply be remembered as ‘that game you put your fingers in’ – the fine line between innovation and novelty is a difficult one to tread. Technical director David Smith addressed such concerns.

“Above all we just want to make a good game – nothing’s done just for the sake of it. Say you’re shouting into the Vita, that’s cool to do once or twice but any more than that it would get annoying. When you get to use a new feature you’ll be excited – the innovation should always be at the service of everything else.

“Novelty and innovation are an important aspect of making any game. Everything is there for a reason and tied together. I’m actually quite proud that we’ve axed some innovative features that just didn’t fit in with the rest of the game.”"

Yeah,also it got bigger environments and there are always tons of enemies attacking you(more than what in NG1/NGS1), it was also a huge upgrade graphics-wise over both Sigma1 and NG2.

I meant to add before that NGS was basically the first HD-remake. A remake of NG/NG:B from the Xbox while NGS2 is basically a remake/director's cut/whatever of an Xbox 360 game.

It could still be. I didn't see official confirmation that it has a legit campaign over just a bunch of missions, although it probably will.

There's probably an overarching story for the missions, as the SP campaign is said to follow a specific merc... but hard to say if it's anything serious at this point.
I think the "missions" thing makes sense from a plot standpoint, since it's about mercenaries, and even better, it will allow them (or has allowed them) to hopefully vary the locations greatly and have all sorts of cool maps/scenarios instead of just being pigeonholed into "all 9 missions take place on Planet Helghan in generic bases that all look the same". :)

OmegaZero

Omega: I've done the three trials completely and I can't unlock the 4th? Do I have to go further into the game (only at Chapter 2) to do this? I want to unlock the maximum power at the cost of defense/game breaking enhancement to go with the Amulet of Sun but that apparently needs four trials cleared and I've cleared the three but nothing unlocked.

Completely as in "beaten at all difficulty levels", right?
I can't really say myself, as I beat the game on Normal and Hard before I attempted the Ninja Trials.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I meant to add before that NGS was basically the first HD-remake. A remake of NG/NG:B from the Xbox while NGS2 is basically a remake/director's cut/whatever of an Xbox 360 game.

Both Sigma are complete remakes on different engine that what it was on Xbox/xbox360,Same as Sigma 1,Sigma 2 is a full remake made on the sigma engine while NG2 on Xbox 360 was on DOAX engine (same engine as NG1).

I disagree with TheSeks(and agree with you..I guess?),DOAX engine/direct port will not magically made NG2 run at solid 60fps on Vita, sinceNG2 got major framerate issue on 360,so yeah the game designed to be more demanding.

*really need to sleep,4:30 am here ..can't even read right anymore*

OK, so I've sent those Vita referral thingies to some of my freinds and they're having trouble registering their accounts. Supposedly the site is very finnicky and shit. Any ideas so I can help them?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Both Sigma are complete remakes on different engine that what it was on Xbox/xbox360,Same as Sigma 1,Sigma 2 is a full remake made on the sigma engine while NG2 on Xbox 360 was on DOAX engine (same engine as NG1).

I disagree with TheSeks(and agree with you..I guess?),DOAX engine/direct port will not magically made NG2 run at solid 60fps on Vita, sinceNG2 got major framerate issue on 360,so yeah the game designed to be more demanding.

*really need to sleep,4:30 am here ..can't even read right anymore*

I'm talking NGS1, not NGS2. They could've ported the X-box version (NG:Black) and gotten 60FPS instead of porting Sigma.

beast786

First party is doing its thing, time for 3rd party to step up.

I have owned pretty much every handheld ever. vita is the best handheld hardware wise. t needs loving.

Iacobellis

Vita is just going to turn into a Nintendo handheld. Third party releases here and there, but everyone stays because of the astounding first party support.

Shoyz

Killzone & Tearaway news
Soul Sacrifice Date (April 30th)
Muramasa Localization
Possibly Samurai and Dragons

I count at least 4.

Define mission?

I have 5 open to me in "ninja tutorial" and I'm on chapter 5 of normal.
Not sure about others.

Top Bottom