• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Redhood

Hey guys! Trying to platinum uncharted golden abyss. Seems i have hit a bug!

I found the strange relic in
chapter 15
but the trophy didn't pop
Any help? :(

Shoyz

:lol that rubbing thing is amazing, it levels up the card, right? How are you enjoying the game, if you have it yet?

Few more weeks. Although a gameFAQ user requesting basic rules help did post this:
Hi,

The game is great, i finished the first two world, but is there a url that explain the rules of engagment in details.

Thank and have fun!

Pretty sure in the first video it goes from the younger Neptune to the older Neptune. So perhaps her evolutions were lazily made into Young->Old->Young(->Old?), typically I believe they become stronger and wear skimpier clothing, down to swimsuits/underwear.

One thing they seemingly haven't lazied out on however was giving Neptune a custom character model, unlike the rest of the cards, very cool:
Y6oFYCa.jpg

Noi

The sales outside of preorders are quite good too it seems. I've seen it has sold out at a few game stores.
Of course it should be because of low shipment numbers (same as MonMon), though.

If it's selling out though, that's a good sign of demand! I can't imagine Compile Heart or Kadokawa would ship a less than profitable amount of copies for either game.

I got my Vita! Looks sweet, it's the 3G/wifi model. It's amazing how amazing it looks. And the screen... oh god the screen.

Problem is one 32 gb card is RM300 (that costs around half of what I paid for the Vita) here. Will take a while until I can buy one.

Edit: Holy shit the OS is fast.

Shoyz

How much knowledge of Japanese is needed to play the game?

Haven't tried it yet, the game does have a story you'll miss out on but I imagine like most CCGs the gameplay is the focus.

Apparently: Each card has ATK/HP values, a type, and skill. Each turn you get 3 Mana. Gameplay consists of summoning characters a turn at a time, you can 'fuse' them if they're of the same type, and there are bonuses for using multiple of the same type. From what I can tell it should be simple enough to figure out the skills by trying each card out. Beyond that you can evolve the cards (seemingly by spending points) to become stronger, not sure about anything else. But it certainly seems playable.

Few more weeks. Although a gameFAQ user requesting basic rules help did post this:

Pretty sure in the first video it goes from the younger Neptune to the older Neptune. So perhaps her evolutions were lazily made into Young->Old->Young(->Old?), typically I believe they become stronger and wear skimpier clothing, down to swimsuits/underwear.

One thing they seemingly haven't lazied out on however was giving Neptune a custom character model, unlike the rest of the cards, very cool:
http://i.imgur.com/Y6oFYCa.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Well, that is good to hear! I expect to hear impressions from you once you receive the game and start getting into it.

As far as Neptune goes, I dunno if you know or not, but that's not actually older Neptune, that's just her Goddess form in the Neptunia series! But I do get you, it seems kind of weird that they'd do it that way.

[quote="echothreealpha, post: 46914782"]I got my Vita! Looks sweet, it's the 3G/wifi model. It's amazing how amazing it looks. And the screen... oh god the screen.

Problem is one 32 gb card is RM300 (that costs around half of what I paid for the Vita) here. Will take a while until I can buy one.

Edit: Holy shit the OS is fast.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see you like it[spoiler], fellow Zoro fan[/spoiler]! The prices for the 32GB are insane, but it's so worth it if you plan on buying lots of digital content.

Shoyz

Well, that is good to hear! I expect to hear impressions from you once you receive the game and start getting into it.

As far as Neptune goes, I dunno if you know or not, but that's not actually older Neptune, that's just her Goddess form in the Neptunia series! But I do get you, it seems kind of weird that they'd do it that way.

After a second look of the video, it seemed like her attack went down from 3 to 2, so perhaps that wasn't a second evolution but rather a de-evolution for fans of the non-Godess Neptune. That or perhaps it trades an Attack for a new skill or something, who knows (I didn't, couldn't get past the beginning of Neptunia myself)

The weirdest import I'd ran into was seemingly a Hello Kitty breakout clone (which I remind you would be nearly $80 to import), mind-boggling:
ac6RH9m.jpg

Yes, it's by the same developer. It's a hundreds of years later kinda spin-off thing.

Maybe I'll have to try it if they drop the price a bit some day. Demon Gaze is good so far. Very enjoyable music, even if some of the other aspects are a bit rough around the edges.

Isn't that the card game? Any word on how Demon Gaze is doing?

People are seeing sellouts here and there for it as well, but not a complete sellout like Monpiece. They probably shipped more though...plus they don't have the whole rubbing naked moe chicks thing going for them.

Hey guys, what did the update on the YOUTUBE APP did? I just notice there was an update and installed it, what were the improvements?

SiDCrAzY

DarҖaoZ;46915650 said:
Hey guys, what did the update on the YOUTUBE APP did? I just notice there was an update and installed it, what were the improvements?

It said, "The software stability has been improved."

In the future you can find out by holding down on the screen and touching the little "..." symbol on the icon and then selection "Update History". :)

Picked up Burnout Legends PsP...

Wow has this game brought back some serious nostalgia for me. Crash mode alone was worth my $10 price of admission. Why is this not on the Vita PSN store??? I had to do the PS3 work around to get it on my Vita and damn was it worth it. NFS:MW is fun and all but I would love if Criterion would do another Burnout game like this! Feels just like the old burnout games from the PS2 days and I was addicted to them! The graphics do look like crap but meh, destroying cars is what I'm in it for!

It said, "The software stability has been improved."

In the future you can find out by holding down on the screen and touching the little "..." symbol on the icon and then selection "Update History". :)

Nice, forgot about that feature. Will have to keep it in mind for the next time. Thanks!

whitehawk

Banned
Okay seriously what the hell is up with PSN. I just downloaded Metal Gear Rising which is 3.5 gigs, it didn't take long. However Gravity Rush which is 1.5 gigs is estimating it will take 4+ hours?

Is there something wrong with the Vita store specifically?

Takao

Banned
If it's selling out though, that's a good sign of demand! I can't imagine Compile Heart or Kadokawa would ship a less than profitable amount of copies for either game.

I don't think you'd have to sell many units to be profitable when you're dealing with the likes of Compile Heart, and a studio who made 360 exclusive DRPGs.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
Okay seriously what the hell is up with PSN. I just downloaded Metal Gear Rising which is 3.5 gigs, it didn't take long. However Gravity Rush which is 1.5 gigs is estimating it will take 4+ hours?

Is there something wrong with the Vita store specifically?

Sometimes my downloads are super slow on my Vita too... after hitting pause, resetting the device, and making sure I'm close to my router the speed can sometimes pick up by a lot so perhaps give that a try and see if it helps.

branny

The weirdest import I'd ran into was seemingly a Hello Kitty breakout clone (which I remind you would be nearly $80 to import), mind-boggling:
What the heck that boxart gave me Arcana Heart flashbacks with Heart Aino and Weiss

Sometimes my downloads are super slow on my Vita too... after hitting pause, resetting the device, and making sure I'm close to my router the speed can sometimes pick up by a lot so perhaps give that a try and see if it helps.
Yeah, the hitting pause thing works for me when that happens.

whitehawk

Banned
I tried all of that. I did just get a new wireless router, however speeds have remained the same on my PC and PS3.

Myshkin

How much knowledge of Japanese is needed to play the game?
[Monpiece]
I think you just need to know how to touch a Japanese girl. There should be a guide somewhere online.

Good to see that Meruru is coming to JP Vita. Haven't played any Atelier and Meruru sounds like the first one that strikes the right balance of adventure, combat, dialogue, and leveling. I don't like the idea of spending all my time collecting mushrooms for recipes. Might just wait for the enhanced Vita localization. Or do people think I should try out or youtube earlier ones?

Sintoid

Finished Oddworld - Stranger's Wrath. What an experience... Started PSASB, that game runs smooth as butter, it's amazing!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I know it's much-maligned, but I really think Retro City Rampage is cool. Really gorgeous, very charming and fun.

Did the PSP Sega Genesis collection get a price drop in the US? I swear it was $15 or higher, now it's $10.

Does it work via PS3 transfer?
Is it any good?
How big is it?

--

Noi, you should link to that thread on CAG that lists all compatible titles for PSP/PSOne.

Finally completed jet set radio with all the trophies. It wasn't too bad all told but the fiddly controls were a pain on the last trial to unlock
Potts
. I really enjoyed it though the crashing problems got really annoying toward the end, still it feels smoother than the ps3 version especially on the grind city levels which was a nice surprise.

This morning I picked up escape vektor going by the recommendations on this thread and I'm not disappointed so far. Excellent little game and really addictive. I can see me sinking plenty of time into this one.

PopInnovation

Neo Member
16 gigs is really small. I imagine even 32 would feel limiting, since swapping cards is so annoying.

Well if you're using the same account on multiple cards it's just a matter of swapping the card out, you don't need to go through the same process as changing PSN accounts.

Unless of course you mean keeping track of which card you have certain downloads on etc... I can imagine that would get a bit annoying.

I'm using a 16gb myself at the moment but I don't download any Vita games on PSN so it's plenty for now. I also have a 4gb that I use for my Japanese PSN just for demos etc.

The price of these cards still hurts... a lot.

antone

Banned
For me Persona 4 Arena is my 2012 game of the year. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my 30 plus years of gaming.

Well if you're using the same account on multiple cards it's just a matter of swapping the card out, you don't need to go through the same process as changing PSN accounts.

Unless of course you mean keeping track of which card you have certain downloads on etc... I can imagine that would get a bit annoying.

I'm using a 16gb myself at the moment but I don't download any Vita games on PSN so it's plenty for now. I also have a 4gb that I use for my Japanese PSN just for demos etc.

The price of these cards still hurts... a lot.

I'm mostly refering to how small the cards are, and the plight of those of us that (used to) have nail biting problems getting the little doors open.

Also the bubbles resetting with every card swap would kill me.

Top Bottom