• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Signed up for that Sony rewards vita promo. It sends an email referral letter to whomever I send it to. Not sure what happens after that. I think the recipient needs to register their new vita with their psn I'd and serial number then we both get $20 psn cards

Hey top of page. Get P4, mutant blob and Hot Shots Golf

AndyLonn

Persona 4. *dealwithit.gif* You're going to sink more time into social links and you'll like it.

Buy Persona 2

I might just do both of those, I've never really been able to sink whole wholeheartedly into JRPGs but Persona 3 just brought it.

For the rest of you, Ninja Gaiden is on my to do list, I have MGS collection on the xbox, and I've got Portable Ops installed on the Vita. would love a new MGS title on the vita. just sayin

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Signed up for that Sony rewards vita promo. It sends an email referral letter to whomever I send it to. Not sure what happens after that. I think the recipient needs to register their new vita with their psn I'd and serial number then we both get $20 psn cards

Hmm, if I can swing this, then EDF will be mine.

What's all this then?

Got an email from Sony rewards to refer friends to buy a vita if they do we both get $ 20 psn cards seems simple enough. I just have to send the referral, it asks for your first/last name and email address

If you can do multiple, I'll do it with you if I qualify. I want a $20 PSN card. ^_^

Ponn

Banned
Eh, I don't see how it's much different than company's like Hulu and Netflix doing similar things. Still a little weird, but they aren't the only company to do that.

I know other companies do similar things, but they also advertise and market many other ways. Sonys other marketing for Vita beyond this “tell your friends and get psn credit” is???

DiscoJer

Whatever happened to the Vita port of Dust? Is it another ZOEHD/ FFXHD?

That was misinformation - the Vita version is going to be like an app, not a game.

“It’s a companion app to the PS3 game,” explains Payne. “It brings all the customisation, community and commerce features onto the Vita. There’s no direct gameplay but you can use pretty much all the features that the Neocom user interface offers in the main game.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/20/dust-514-neocom-vita-app-promises-mmo-on-the-go/

CrovaxPSO

How recently do you have to have bought a Vita to qualify for the promotion? Sorry if this has been answered, I didn't see anything about it thus far in the thread.

Trying to sign up, every time I put in my PSN it says
Unable to verify your PSN ID, please verify your entry and try again
Any ideas?

it looks like it might be your psn ID. i tried to just join but it couldn't verify my psn id.

Look at your name on the playstations website. I was putting in darkjedi187 but its actually DarkJedi187. I can say I had the same errors and after registering my vita and correcting my name it worked. Now I just need someone or a couple someone's to refer.

Takao

Banned
remember when Imageepoch used to make good JRPG like Sands of Destruction ,7th Dragon and Last Ranker.

good days.

it's a shame that they only make crap no one care about now.

The three games you listed (and the two 7th Dragon sequels) were made in association with a much more established studio like SEGA, and Crapcom. Thinking about it, I'm kind of surprised SCE hasn't made a game with Imageepoch. Maybe Sony knows they're no good...

The three games you listed (and the two 7th Dragon sequels) were made in association with a much more established studio like SEGA, and Crapcom. Thinking about it, I'm kind of surprised SCE hasn't made a game with Imageepoch. Maybe Sony knows they're no good...

We should only be so lucky...

Takao

Banned
More likely scenario: Sony doesn't want to hand them Wild ARMs, or another one of their legacy RPG IPs, and doesn't feel like launching a new RPG IP.

Shoyz

I was trying to pick out a game to import and ultimately had a hard time deciding between Project Diva, Demon's Gaze and Monster Monpiece. Had to drop Diva with the impending HD PS3 release and having to otherwise buy $35 in DLC to match the PS3's content coupled with the fact that it still costs full-price 5 months after release...Demon's Gaze seemed like the likely better title of the two but I feared it was probably heavier in storyline and given that it's an RPG the language barrier would be strong, as well as it seeming far likelier for localization.

I'm a huge fan of CCG/TCG games (Yu-Gi-Oh in particular) and have been so disappointed with the resurgence of the genre in Mobile form being Energy-ridden Facebook time wasters, so finding out Monpiece was a traditional CCG game was what caught my interest. While I find the 'rub-captures' really off-putting, it also meant that this game has half a chance in hell of getting localized, another criteria I was searching for. First flag was production quality: Cards are summoned as chibi models..generic models that don't match the cards used at all. Second flag: Compile Heart, hypersexualized young girls aside, I couldn't get myself to enjoy the RPG gameplay behind Hyperdimension Neptunia and was afraid the gameplay would be the weak link again in Monpiece.

The third flag was that the game released..yesterday, and had a preorder bonus for a crossover character DLC code for Neptune. This was where I begrudgingly dropped it as well and spent a while trying to justify wasting money on Project Diva, but a while later after searching found a store selling two (1 left) preorder copies of the game and just went for it. Apart from Famitsu scores (33/40, 8/9/8/8) I've yet to find an actual review of the game, let alone any meaty gameplay videos or impressions, so it's about as blind of a purchase as it gets..

tl;dr: Spent $75 on Monster Monpiece despite not liking developer's games or knowing Japanese or if the game is any good, hoping I didn't waste $75.

WORLDTree

So for Black Friday I actually was able to convince 3-4 people to buy Vitas...

How does this promotion "confirm" you've "convinced" someone so you can get the credit?

CrovaxPSO

I was trying to pick out a game to import and ultimately had a hard time deciding between Project Diva, Demon's Gaze and Monster Monpiece. Had to drop Diva with the impending HD PS3 release and having to otherwise buy $35 in DLC to match the PS3's content coupled with the fact that it still costs full-price 5 months after release...Demon's Gaze seemed like the likely better title of the two but I feared it was probably heavier in storyline and given that it's an RPG the language barrier would be strong, as well as it seeming far likelier for localization.

I'm a huge fan of CCG/TCG games (Yu-Gi-Oh in particular) and have been so disappointed with the resurgence of the genre in Mobile form being Energy-ridden Facebook time wasters, so finding out Monpiece was a traditional CCG game was what caught my interest. While I find the 'rub-captures' really off-putting, it also meant that this game has half a chance in hell of getting localized, another criteria I was searching for. First flag was production quality: Cards are summoned as chibi models..generic models that don't match the cards used at all. Second flag: Compile Heart, hypersexualized young girls aside, I couldn't get myself to enjoy the RPG gameplay behind Hyperdimension Neptunia and was afraid the gameplay would be the weak link again in Monpiece.

The third flag was that the game released..yesterday, and had a preorder bonus for a crossover character DLC code for Neptune. This was where I begrudgingly dropped it as well and spent a while trying to justify wasting money on Project Diva, but a while later after searching found a store selling two (1 left) preorder copies of the game and just went for it. Apart from Famitsu scores (33/40, 8/9/8/8) I've yet to find an actual review of the game, let alone any meaty gameplay videos or impressions, so it's about as blind of a purchase as it gets..

tl;dr: Spent $75 on Monster Monpiece despite not liking developer's games or knowing Japanese or if the game is any good, hoping I didn't waste $75.

Once you get it, it'd be great if you could post your thoughts. I seriously considered pre-ordering it as well but held off because I'm also considering Demon Gaze, as well as some other upcoming releases.

Shoyz

Once you get it, it'd be great if you could post your thoughts. I seriously considered pre-ordering it as well but held off because I'm also considering Demon Gaze, as well as some other upcoming releases.

The slowest airmail was the only shipping option so it'll likely be a number of weeks, but should there be no English community for it by then, sure.

that HSG thread died very fast, we never even got too a second round in the tournament. Some people never finished the first round.

Top Bottom