• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

JoshHood

Don't know if anyone's already posted it, so shoot me down if so, but thought I'd share this tiniest of nuggets from today's Weekend Playlist:
Fred Dutton, SCEE Blog Manager
What was the last video game you played?
Killzone: Mercenary ;)
Could mean jack all, but given the hints, could mean there was some sort of media event for the game recently?

/strawclutching

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My P4G finally turned up for play-Asia today.... But Ni No Kuni is out next Friday (and shopto might get it to me weds/thurs)

Which one do I play first, vita loving but surely objective and impartial friends?

I realise I am quite lttp here but Dynasty Warriors Next is an absolute blast.

The touchscreen gimmicks do get in the way somewhat, but the core game is remarkably solid. It is for all intents and purposes a complete, non-gimped musou game in a portable format.

I hope Tecmo Koei continue to support the vita as far as musou games go. Their support of the device in general has been solid so perhaps there is reason for optimism... Orochi vita would be quite glorious @3@

My P4G finally turned up for play-Asia today.... But Ni No Kuni is out next Friday (and shopto might get it to me weds/thurs)

Which one do I play first, vita loving but surely objective and impartial friends?

I'll tell you as a VitaBro playr P4G first, it is simply an amazing game and couldn't be more different than Ni No Kuni...

I've already beaten P4 and have just started Ni No Kuni...GOD WHAT AN AMAZING GAME ; ;

If any new vita owner want $20 psn. Sony rewards is running a promo for referral purchases. Shoot me a pm if you want me to send you a referral email.
I feel like a salesman, but $20 psn is $20 more than I got.
Btw awesome to see all the new vitabros/gals. Lots of great games to play.

Ben652

If any new vita owner want $20 psn. Sony rewards is running a promo for referral purchases. Shoot me a pm if you want me to send you a referral email.

Does this work for EU Vitas?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Flip a coin. They're both absolutely wonderful games.

Maybe Persona 4 first, so you can have a great game before your second playthrough.

For me Persona 4 Arena is my 2012 game of the year. It is one of the best games I have ever played in my 30 plus years of gaming.
Strange! My girlfriend, who is a huge P3/P4 fan, got through an hour of Yukiko's story mode and now we're trading it in.

I realise I am quite lttp here but Dynasty Warriors Next is an absolute blast.

The touchscreen gimmicks do get in the way somewhat, but the core game is remarkably solid. It is for all intents and purposes a complete, non-gimped musou game in a portable format.

I hope Tecmo Koei continue to support the vita as far as musou games go. Their support of the device in general has been solid so perhaps there is reason for optimism... Orochi vita would be quite glorious @3@

I hope the Vita gets a bombastic Strikeforce, speaking of bashing hordes on the portable.

so my vita is here:

bought it 2nd hand. $340

• vita
  • 16gb cart
  • unit 13
  • uncharted GA
  • resistance
  • fifa
  • MvsCapcom
  • ninja gaiden

+PSN+
wipeout
gravityrush
FFT war of the lions
chronobolt
+ whatever else was free.

various psone games (FF8 etc)
mini: where is my heart.

gotta say, the handheld is amazing. I have like 2 pages of games now and the PSN games are like I can't believe all those games are free.

Impressions. Wipeout 2048 is amazing. UnchartedGA. I can't believe this is on a handheld. Its just omfg.

Psone games don't hold up so good. FF8 is slow as.....

Don't know if anyone's already posted it, so shoot me down if so, but thought I'd share this tiniest of nuggets from today's Weekend Playlist:

Could mean jack all, but given the hints, could mean there was some sort of media event for the game recently?

/strawclutching

Oh that Fred is a cheeky swine. Expecting Killzone news soon, then. :p Hopefully gameplay and release date.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Speed up the ATB battle speed if FF8 is too slow for you.

FF9's meanwhile can't be fixed.

Mokubba

Is 16gig enough for just PSN / PSP games? (so like RCR, MHFU, MGSPO etc...) would buy Vita carts.

Yup that's fine.

Thinking out loud but does anyone think remote play will be a standard feature for PS4>Vita when the PS4 comes out since it would be built into the system and the PS4 will obviously have Wireless N.

brentech

I appreciate this going into a monthly format. Easier to keep up with whats new and what I should be looking for.

haven't been playing my vita as much lately, even though I have a ton of games to even start. just been busy

hurzelein

Bought my Vita a couple weeks ago, mainly because of the Plus games.

I have to study for my finals so it is the perfect device for me right now. Booting up my Xbox or Ps3 for a 20min break, no thanks.

Main-Games:

- Gravity Rush (Always playing before going to bed, just a couple of hours into it, the art style ist fantastic!)

- Soundshapes: One of my favorite Ps3-games...

- Mutant Blops attack: Holy shit! I love plattformers, i love a good soundtrack and I love creativity. Best game I have played on the vita so far. A shame that you cant buy a game if you have it on PS Plus. Would do that immediatly.

- Ps1-Games: Crash Bandicoot 2+3, Driver

I realy dont expect AAA titles that I love on the vita anytime soon. Didnt even bother with Uncharted after 10 minutes, I think it didnt feel right. Uncharted is made for the big screen and the Ps3 Controller in my opinion.

But this is okay. I see my vita as a device for maybe 5-10 Ps1 games I want to play, maybe 3 PSP games I want, a few big games (Gravity Rush, maybe Sly) and Downloadable games like Mutant Blops and soundshapes.

And for me there is a big deficit. Why does Sony not invest more in 10 Euro games? Maybe we will see a Derrick the Deathfin transfer (loved that game), and we have Mutant Blops and soundshapes. But else?
These games arent too expensive, get your sh** together Sony and invest in these small developer teams. Dont spend 50 Million Dollars on a US exclusive marketing campaign.

Spend these 50 Million in a 40 Euro Pricecut and bring more 10 Euro games on the plattform.

Cha

Speed up the ATB battle speed if FF8 is too slow for you.

FF9's meanwhile can't be fixed.

^this. FFIX induces sleep. Started playing it for the first time this week. It's not a bad game but it's just too damn slow!
VII and VIII seem to load quicker too.

JoshHood

...And for me there is a big deficit. Why does Sony not invest more in 10 Euro games? Maybe we will see a Derrick the Deathfin transfer (loved that game), and we have Mutant Blops and soundshapes. But else?
These games arent too expensive, get your sh** together Sony and invest in these small developer teams. Dont spend 50 Million Dollars on a US exclusive marketing campaign.

Spend these 50 Million in a 40 Euro Pricecut and bring more 10 Euro games on the plattform.

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, why is it Sony's job to get small games on the platform? Surely that's down to the developers/publishers? Even of the three you mention, none are Sony-developed, and only one was published by them. Third parties are perfectly capable of making decisions without needing Sony to pay them off.

hurzelein

Third parties are perfectly capable of making decisions without needing Sony to pay them off.

Thanks!

You have a point but I think in the situation right now it does not work without a little extra money from Sony to convice the little studios to get their game on the vita. I dont think the chances are very high that you produce a Vita-exclusive title like Mutant Blops Attack and make real money with it. Most developers won't take that risk without financial support.

I know and appreciate that Sony is very supporting of little studios with hardware and money even right now, but I think maybe they should raise these budgets for vita developer support. One Million Dollars in this section could produce so many little high-quality games for the vita.

And for me there is a big deficit. Why does Sony not invest more in 10 Euro games? Maybe we will see a Derrick the Deathfin transfer (loved that game), and we have Mutant Blops and soundshapes. But else?
Sony does invest, through the Pub Fund and publishing deals. They even made a special funding deal with Futurlab. But you can't expect Sony to carry all the risk of publishing games on the platform, third parties are needed to spread it around. And I'm not really sure why you're complaining, if its one thing the Vita is getting this year, it's tons of downloadable games, far more so than retail titles.

I can whole-heartedly recommend the following games, all downloadable games having roughly your asking price :)

Motorstorm RC
Super Stardust Delta
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD
Sine Mora
Escape Plan
When Vikings Attack
Plants Vs. Zombies

Edit: And upcoming we have:

Velocity Ultra
Guacamelee

How does. Sony know when my system was bought? I'd love for you to convince me to buy this console thats sitting in my lap ;-p

hurzelein

I can whole-heartedly recommend the following games, all downloadable games having roughly your asking price :)

Escape Plan and Super Stardust are already on my "to-buy" list. Quit Velocity (which I got free in a pormotion) after a few levels to wait for the Remake because I thought it was really great.

Planing on buying Snapshot, Guacamele and Urban Trial Freestyle.

Also Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken looks interesting and I didnt know this one. So thanks for your post BlackLagoon.

Yeah maybe I exaggerated a little bit, there are upcoming interesting looking downloadable titles, but I think there could be even more for 2013.

Top Bottom