• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

DR2K

Banned
I really want to start this soon. I've been too busy playing other stuff but I got it for Secret Santa and have been staring at it and Chrono Cross ever since...

I just started playing it. (1 hour in) I played it until the end during the PS era, but never beat it, that will change.

Grisby

Argh, gonna give it up on Ragnarök for a while, Made it to 8-5 but the damn boss kept destroying us. Wiped a buncha times with several different teams.

Gonna pop in LBP vita for a bit and then move onto Sly 4 tuesday.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Them changing the difficulty unlocks and when you get shit in Sigma/Sigma Plus is GOOD LORD WHY.jpg

WORLDTree

Since Ragnarok has popped up in the conversation, I was wondering whether I should pick up a spare collector's edition somewhere. It's not that much more expensive, but is it worth it?

wilflare

not sure where else I can ask this.. but anyone know of an adapter that allows me to charge the Vita (while on) on the laptop and any portable charger?

Hero, Kanji, Naoto, Yukiko for best party ever? Actually Chie would be awesome in there as well, but I hate using hero to heal.
booooooooo naoto booooooooooooooooo

Since Ragnarok has popped up in the conversation, I was wondering whether I should pick up a spare collector's edition somewhere. It's not that much more expensive, but is it worth it?
If you want the game, it's very worth it. Hefty guidebook, big soundtrack, and a pack of cards(cool but not really much use), plus the game. It's only $10 more.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
not sure where else I can ask this.. but anyone know of an adapter that allows me to charge the Vita (while on) on the laptop and any portable charger?
I charge mine off a little USB battery pack and off my iPad charger all the time.

ZeroAKA

If you live in the US, Amazon still sells the Mercenary Edition for $50, $10 more than the regular edition.

zulux21

Considering that none of the previous titles in the series had been localized, I suppose there's no chance Sei Madou Monogatari is coming over?

it's unlikely but heck fortune street for the wii was the first in a long series of games to make it over.
so it's not impossible for a long running series to get it's first english release.

I think I just got into November
I opted to swap Kanji for Teddie actually

Teddie is my healer in my other party.

Eh, guess I am alone in liking Naoto. She is powerful in her use of Mudo and Hama and Almighty Spells. Makes taking down large groups fast and Almighty is useful against the rare hands.

Tbh, I thought Naoto as a character was very okay and, in combat quite useless/redundant by the time you got her.

I'm currently doing the first dungeon you do after you get her. Not impressed with her combat abilities. Maybe I should have kept my Chie in there

Edit: I take back my above comment, Chie did me no good

Grisby

The real time combat isn't too bad and it has a pleasant colorful art style. I'm having fun with it in a PSO lite type of way.

I'm currently doing the first dungeon you do after you get her. Not impressed with her combat abilities. Maybe I should have kept my Chie in there

Edit: I take back my above comment, Chie did me no good

Chie can punt a tank into another galaxy, she is alright in my book. Just a weak spell user. That's why I like Naoto since she has powerful spells. Kanji for the brute force, Yukiko for healing, and Hero for everything else. Oh and Yoshitsune persona's last ability, Hassou Tobi, is god like. 8x light phy. damage to all foes. 0_o

WORLDTree

Yeah iirc, her "main" elements were Light/Dark and was the only party member to get Almighty, which as a whole meant insane mana costs especially for trash mobs considering, if my memory serves me well, A) Light/Dark doesn't work on bosses B) L/D miss more often that not if the enemy is not weak to it/you use a higher level spell which is a waste C) The cost of using almighty versus a regular spell/attack is not worth it D) Her physical sucks in comparison to Chie and Kanji.

Edit: I think after the number crunch the physical damage difference between Kanji and Chie was insignificant and you pretty much chose based on which character you liked more/elements, which also became irrelevant later anyway

jwk94

no way i never liked naoto, battle or personality :|

It might not be up yet. Valhalla Knights 3 and Rune Factory 4 don't have a page up yet, either.

Dand. I could've sworn I saw it when it was announced, there was even a pre-order bonus. Oh well, thanks for the help.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Now I have to fight FOUR enemies on motorcycles with no Guillotine Throw to throw them off the bikes. HOW HORRIFYING.

This is more annoying than "hard," Team Ninja Dog.

Yeah iirc, her "main" elements were Light/Dark and was the only party member to get Almighty, which as a whole meant insane mana costs especially for trash mobs considering, if my memory serves me well, A) Light/Dark doesn't work on bosses B) L/D miss more often that not if the enemy is not weak to it/you use a higher level spell which is a waste C) The cost of using almighty versus a regular spell/attack is not worth it D) Her physical sucks in comparison to Chie and Kanji.

I am over leveled so the L/D attacks make battles go much faster for me. Also Rise recovering SP/HP makes SP cost a non factor. Also Vorpal Blade is a decent phy. attack. Different strokes, I seem to always be attracted to the unpopular choice of character.

WORLDTree

Is THAT how you're supposed to deal with "riding" enemies!? I thought I just sucked at the game...

^Yeah makes sense, but to be fair at least at initial release Naoto was far and away the most popular character fan wise.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
hmm can you still charge it while playing it? it seems like it does not work if the Vita is not off/sleep. something about the data cables or something

Most likely what is happening is that there is still a current drawn from the battery, but during gameplay, you are draining the battery faster than the charger is filling it. You can just keep it plugged in so that the battery drains slower.

Hey, TheSeks -- I just checked my NGS+ playthrough and now I have Nightmarish Phantasms unlocked. I think if you take out the Bone Dragon it may be enough... but that's the only new mission set that unlocked.

Now I have to fight FOUR enemies on motorcycles with no Guillotine Throw to throw them off the bikes. HOW HORRIFYING.

You use GT on the bikers? Hahaha. I always just flying swallow them until the bike explodes and they're on foot.

Shoyz

Plus isn't it also a reboot of the past games or something? Not like it's TitS which requires the previous games.

Not sure if it's a complete reboot but it doesn't seem to have any of the old characters (due to SEGA having the rights to Puyo Puyo?).

On one hand Itadaki is a board game instead of a long-running RPG series, on the other hand we have gotten Compile Heart's Neptune series. On one hand it's an $80 risk if it gets localized, on the other waiting would mean missing out on preorder/LE bonuses if it doesn't. Oof.

jwk94

So the Vita dropped on the third Wednesday of February...the PlayStation event is the third Wednesday of February. Could this be a coincidence?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Chie can punt a tank into another galaxy, she is alright in my book. Just a weak spell user. That's why I like Naoto since she has powerful spells. Kanji for the brute force, Yukiko for healing, and Hero for everything else. Oh and Yoshitsune persona's last ability, Hassou Tobi, is god like. 8x light phy. damage to all foes. 0_o

Shit feels so broken, yet so good.

I need to do a third playthrough for the platty because the book trophy is a god dammed whore.

I'm glad the dismemberment is in the game, that wasn't in the original sigma 2, right?

Considering that none of the previous titles in the series had been localized, I suppose there's no chance Sei Madou Monogatari is coming over?

It's possible. Not likely, BUT the genre has changed (dungeon crawler to roguelike) so it's possible. Not that many dungeon crawlers make it west. Do roguelikes fare any better? If so, it's definitely a maybe.

OmegaZero

Them changing the difficulty unlocks and when you get shit in Sigma/Sigma Plus is GOOD LORD WHY.jpg

Hayashi does it because he loves us.

I'm glad the dismemberment is in the game, that wasn't in the original sigma 2, right?

It was, but instead of blood, enemies spouted purple mist and there were no decapitations in the JP version IIRC.

Top Bottom