• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

yella

Two quick questions VitaGAF:

Is it worth it to buy a 32GB card now, especially if I already have a 16GB card?
Where can I go to download the Vita Content Manager?

RpgN

Blue Maxima did one.

From what I see, the framerate is actually solid, that was my main worry with the game so I'm definitely going to be picking it up soon.

The impressions were so terrible, that they turned me off on the game. But when watching BlueMaxima's video, the game didn't look bad at all, they were exactly what I expected and hoped of it. Basically it's Sega Bass Fishing with better graphics, more options and anime characters instead. Unless there are problems that don't show in the video, this seems to be quite representative of the game. It sounds like some people were expecting more out of the game and don't usually play fishing games?

Now I might pick it up but will wait until other vita games are bought and cleared. I should be quite busy with PASBR and Dokuro (once the money is refunded) and when games like RO arrive if they don't take too long for their release.

Skyzard

Banned
Content Manager DL

I'm actually thinking about getting a 32GB card. I keep filling my 16GB all the time and have to be constantly deleting stuff.

Is it worth it to buy a 32GB card now, especially if I already have a 16GB card?

I had 16 up until a month or two ago, it was bothering me like you guys, keep having to delete my expensive digital games...slowly. I somewhat doubt Sony is keen to roll out a 64 yet..but who knows. Still, haven't regretted my purchase - it's basically full now anyway but I'm much more happy with the number of games I can put on it then I was with the 16..

dallow_bg

nods at old men
New old-school, side-scrolling shoot'em up just released in Japan looks very fun

Kisou Ryouhei Gunhound EX [PSP]<- Vita compatible.
psp_gunhoundexjp.jpg

kisou-ryouhei-gunhound-ex-limited-edition-.jpg

kisou-ryouhei-gunhound-ex-002.jpg

2500 yen on PSN japan.

That looks amazing.

Edit: oh from G.rev
Importing. Thanks!

tyranid5

Neo Member
Is Ninja Gaiden better than chronovolt?

Either way i've got to find a way to fit it on one of my memory cards........ decisions.

hamchan

Is Ninja Gaiden better than chronovolt?

Either way i've got to find a way to fit it on one of my memory cards........ decisions.

Ninja Gaiden is fantastic, even at 30fps. I can still play the game perfectly fine and I'm a PC gamer used to 60fps at max settings. I'm even doing much better than when I played it on PS3.

Ran rp

Of what I've played so far, Chronovault is a good game, it just suffers from frequent frame drops and a poor design choice or two.

The impressions were so terrible, that they turned me off on the game. But when watching BlueMaxima's video, the game didn't look bad at all, they were exactly what I expected and hoped of it. Basically it's Sega Bass Fishing with better graphics, more options and anime characters instead. Unless there are problems that don't show in the video, this seems to be quite representative of the game. It sounds like some people were expecting more out of the game and don't usually play fishing games?

Now I might pick it up but will wait until other vita games are bought and cleared. I should be quite busy with PASBR and Dokuro (once the money is refunded) and when games like RO arrive if they don't take too long for their release.

That's what I was expecting, nothing amazing but a decent fishing game. It actually was localized, so I say since it looks like a competent but not amazing fishing game it's worth giving a try, especially to help support the devs who brought over a really niche game. Hey Bluemaxima, did you post your impressions of it? I didn't see you post in that remorse thread.

Btw I cleaned house a bit and finally crammed NG Sigma+ onto my card. Totally loving it, although I definitely can notice a difference between this and the console version, mainly that it's obviously not 60fps, but hey it's awesome so far.

Mr E.

Had a great evening of everybody's Golf.
Lobby's were full for most of the evening.
Must be a Subday night thing.

I didn't perform particularly well but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Shoyz

That's what I was expecting, nothing amazing but a decent fishing game. It actually was localized, so I say since it looks like a competent but not amazing fishing game it's worth giving a try, especially to help support the devs who brought over a really niche game.

That was a large part of why I went for it though I still can't figure out why they bothered with the dub. But is it really a decent fishing game? Gameplay-wise you just continually throw your lure into the water until a fish is interested, then hold O and spin the analog and you always catch it. It's a game designed for touch controls, and broken because it supports physical controls.

ZeroAKA

I'm tempted to buy Ragnarok Odyssey if the single player is actually good.
Ragnarok Odyssey started as a single player game in Japan, and the online MP wasn't patched in until later. Single player mode isn't terrible, but I enjoy playing online much more.

tyranid5

Neo Member
Everything is better than Chronovolt.

I can't think of anything worse. Even the free games are better, i'm just happy i'm PS+ because i feel sorry for those that paid money for it.

The demo for RO didn't impress me very much. I probably won't pick up the game until it drops in price or goes on sale at a later date. Too much to play this week.

Loxley

So, I've been wanting to play through MGS2 & 3 for a long time, but have never gotten around to it. Since I'm currently looking for something to play on my Vita, would the Vita collection of MGS2/3 be a decent introduction to those games? I do have a PS3 and have already played through MGS4 so I'm not a complete new-comer to the series, just not sure if I should bother with the Vita ports if they're not as great as the MGS HD collection.

As a 16gb card owner i refuse to buy 32GB one*

*because i'm waiting for 64 GB version ;)

BosSin

Have gotten quite far in JSR Vita, game is fucking frustrating as shit.
I still like it though despite the obvious gameplay flaws

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I'm tempted to buy Ragnarok Odyssey if the single player is actually good.

No,it's pure and utter garbage, worse than Monster Hunter.

Ragnarok Odyssey started as a single player game in Japan, and the online MP wasn't patched in until later. Single player mode isn't terrible, but I enjoy playing online much more.

It's as bad as it gets.

The demo for RO didn't impress me very much. I probably won't pick up the game until it drops in price or goes on sale at a later date. Too much to play this week.

Don't do it,game is freaking boring,horrible clone full of nothing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Almost have the Platinum for Ragnarok Odyssey.
I wouldn't have enjoyed the game if I played alone. Co-op'ed the whole thing.

End game grind sucks though with these horrible drop rates.
I've seen some godly players online though.

Shoyz

Let's Fish is so insufferable :( 2/3 fish in a challenge, threw my best lure in the water, literally had 2 fish swim up to it and stare directly at it, with two other fish right nearby...and they all just froze into place like that. Not as bad as my progress-losing crash, but man, game-breaking bugs every time I play it. Couldn't even take a screenshot to commemorate it as the game doesn't let you.

Question: Do I lose my VitaBro card if I buy a 3DS?

I'm not selling any Vita stuff towards it or anything, but I NEED to play Fantasy Life and Bravely default.

Vita gaming will continue as usual. Don't hate me!

Noi

Question: Do I lose my VitaBro card if I buy a 3DS?

I'm not selling any Vita stuff towards it or anything, but I NEED to play Fantasy Life and Bravely default.

Vita gaming will continue as usual. Don't hate me!

When did that get announced?

Anyhoo, it doesn't matter if you buy a 3DS. I own one for Rune Factory 4, anything else is irrelevant

Top Bottom