• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Nope, gotta be done in one playthrough. :|

Guide here

Actually all I would have to do is create a save on my second playthrough once I have all the books, then read them all, get the trophy and reload back before my binge reading. Genius, I know.

Edit:
The O-Cha Way | 8/10 | Date w/Strength |
| | | Raises Knowledge and Expression. |
| | | Your S.Link will call you to invite |
| | | you to hang out; accept the book when |
| | | it's offered. NOTE: if you joined the |
| | | basketball team, Kou will NOT call if |
| | | he is at rank 5 or 6. Soccer does not |
| | | have this limitation; however, |
| | | neither will call if the link is |
| | | already maxed.

Wow, what a jerk thing to do. Luckily I did basketball the first time, so getting this will be easier on the second playthrough.

Prepare to be ambassadored.

More free games? I'd be happy to be embassadored. I've been waiting for my compensation since the first insane Vita sale. I couldn't even get a 32gb card at work, and now for 3000 yen more than I originally paid I can get the same console, plus a card and other extras (in Japan). Consider me a lifelong enemy of Sony until the release a 64gb card.

Myshkin

toto, do you think your co-worker is cute, and that's why you can't say "no" to her?
She probably takes his Subway sandwich every day too.

Hey, is there any app that uses the Vita back for a precision touch feature?* I miss that the browser won't scroll using the sticks. And if they moved scrolling to the sticks, that would free up the back pad for precision touch. That would also come in handy when trying to do things like selecting a pinpoint location on a detailed overland map.

*Touch and hold the pad. The app indicates where on screen you are pointing and could even highlight a selectable item. Slide to desired location and release; it then counts as a tap at that point. Can add features like reducing the pixels per inch while sliding (requires special treatment near edge of screen).

tyranid5

Neo Member
So the Vita dropped on the third Wednesday of February...the PlayStation event is the third Wednesday of February. Could this be a coincidence?

I'm hoping for some vita games to actually get announced. Rumor is there are lots that are unannounced, then there are the many that have either been in developer hell (warrior's lair), publisher hell (dragon's crown), or just fallen off the map (Rachet & Clank FFA Vita).

Some of these games could get announced and end up getting released early to mid summer, the PS4 will get announced, then we'll see it at E3, and then we'll still have to wait until October at the earliest just to play the games that will be available right away at launch. And all the stuff that really interests me will be released within the next year.

So Sony, we need some vita love..... preferably, before E3. After Sly on Tuesday, SS comes in April, KZ:M in September, and besides that I can't think of many major releases.

zulux21

publisher hell (dragon's crown)

Dragon's Crown isn't really in publisher hell. When Atlus took over they explained quite clearly that the game was barely in production when they showed off the trailer for it... that it had a long way to go and that it was getting bigger on scale quickly. Which is why they couldn't sell it for $30 and why it would be until 2013 before we would get it. I mean Japan doesn't have a release date either... games take time to make :p

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Dragon's Crown isn't really in publisher hell. When Atlus took over they explained quite clearly that the game was barely in production when they showed off the trailer for it... that it had a long way to go and that it was getting bigger on scale quickly. Which is why they couldn't sell it for $30 and why it would be until 2013 before we would get it. I mean Japan doesn't have a release date either... games take time to make :p

I do wonder if there's a YOPO deal or at least a unified trophy system (kinda like RCR).

Edit: Is there a list of games (and potential games) that have a unified trophy system (like RCR's trophy system)?

tyranid5

Neo Member

lol, true. I trust Atlus. I'm more refering to overall situations, because i think the game got dropped by 1 or 2 japanese publishers or just 1 and turned down by a couple before Atlus came around. I think that game would be in a better place if all that hubabaloo didn't happen, but then again i really like Atlus' localizations so they did end up like best case scenario.

Sid

Left field predictions:- Sanzaru is working on Infamous Vita,Far Cry and Rayman Vita will release this fall.

Finally managed to get the last trophy on Escape Vektor. Reaching level 25 in the end wasn't too bad once I realised what you needed to do (reach a total score of 800 million points). Now I just need to decide which Vita game to play through next while I wait for Persona 4 to arrive...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Finally managed to get the last trophy on Escape Vektor. Reaching level 25 in the end wasn't too bad once I realised what you needed to do (reach a total score of 800 million points). Now I just need to decide which Vita game to play through next while I wait for Persona 4 to arrive...

You obviously liked it to play it that much. How good was/is the game?

You obviously liked it to play it that much. How good was/is the game?

Its great, well worth the £7 it cost me that's for sure. I played it solidly for the last week or so whenever I had a spare moment.

It feels very much like Pacman with shades of Tron. The early maps are fairly simple and a few of the ones in the middle were fairly tough (as I was going for the no detonation trophy at the time so couldn't use bombs to destroy any enemies). Working out the best routes through those levels took quite a bit of trial and error! It was damn satisfying when I did clear the levels though.
The games pace and my gameplan completely changed when I unlocked the boostinate powerup though, as that makes you invincible for short periods of time so I was able to tackle levels in a completely different manner (and the levels that really made use of this powerup were pretty crazy). Well worth picking up if your looking for something different.

RpgN

Fred (from PS EU blog) had this to mention about RO:

We should have a Ragnarok update later this week.

:eek:

It's either coming this week or next week?!

Schobeleth said:
That's what I was expecting, nothing amazing but a decent fishing game. It actually was localized, so I say since it looks like a competent but not amazing fishing game it's worth giving a try, especially to help support the devs who brought over a really niche game. Hey Bluemaxima, did you post your impressions of it? I didn't see you post in that remorse thread.

Exactly, I really ought to play it instead of speculating based on a gameplay video and impressions of other people :p Mind is set now, eventually the game will be bought.

That was a large part of why I went for it though I still can't figure out why they bothered with the dub. But is it really a decent fishing game? Gameplay-wise you just continually throw your lure into the water until a fish is interested, then hold O and spin the analog and you always catch it. It's a game designed for touch controls, and broken because it supports physical controls.

This is going to be purely based on not playing the game yet, but I don't think the game's merit is having the challenge in catching fish, the challenge is catching as much as possible and as heavy as possible. That's usually how arcade games are (like Sega Bass Fishing) where the controls are simple and the game is easy to get into, but it's competing in a highscore based system and beating your best times is what makes the game fun? Also with what BlueMaxima showed of the tournament mode, there are higher difficulty challenges, maybe you can make mistakes more easily on there? Can you go more deeply into touch controls and physical controls? I'm guessing most people prefer physical controls, but how are the touch controls handled? And you mentioned bugs and glitches, are they that bad and distracting?

It's one of those very relaxing games where you can spend only a couple of minutes and not having to pay attention as with more demanding games. This kind of focus is easily not to everyone's taste which is why it's so easy to have some people thinking the game is shit. And that's fine, it doesn't mean those people are wrong.

Considering that none of the previous titles in the series had been localized, I suppose there's no chance Sei Madou Monogatari is coming over?
I dunno, NISA seems to love Compile Heart's recent output, and Aksys did their Agarest War series. As long as it doesn't bomb, I expect it has a decent shot.

zulux21

I dunno, NISA seems to love Compile Heart's recent output, and Aksys did their Agarest War series. As long as it doesn't bomb, I expect it has a decent shot.

to be fair though all signs point towards mugen souls (a compile heart game) selling like utter crap for nisa... i mean it's the first nisa store only LE that didn't sell out near or before the release date... last i checked they still had 50% stock of it what... 6 months later now. So they very well may have soured a bit on compile heart, it's hard to tell.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Bought a new Vita to replace the stolen one, this time white. Looks cool. Ended up depressing myself because Persona 4 Golden release is 20th in European PSN store...

Edit:
Hold up--you can use an iPad (or Pod?) charger for your Vita?

I use this to charge it sometimes. Good for most devices.

VpIgIVol.jpg

wouwie

I'm having fun with Dokuro. I'm currently at chapter 7. I've skipped 6 stages so far, mainly the boss battles (not fond of boss battles). I was wondering: if you skip a stage and go back and solve the skipped stage, do you regain one skip option? Or are they forever gone?

Anyway, it's a fun game and recommended if you like puzzle games. It's charming, it's varied, it controls nicely, has nice music + sound and some great puzzles. It even has some platforming going on at times. The passion from the game makers really shines through in this one. At lot of care and attention has went into this. I just wish it wasn't so grey...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
lol, true. I trust Atlus. I'm more refering to overall situations, because i think the game got dropped by 1 or 2 japanese publishers or just 1 and turned down by a couple before Atlus came around. I think that game would be in a better place if all that hubabaloo didn't happen, but then again i really like Atlus' localizations so they did end up like best case scenario.
Don't Toto this.

Dragon's Crown was never shopped around. Atlus acquired it from Ignition (its initial publisher).

Has Sony ever acknowledged the problem with the 100 icon or 10 only page limit on the vitas home screen? Seems like a dumb thing to have on a digital heavy console.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Persona 4 Golden is the future of PlayStation?

Well, I haven't played the other ones at all, I just want something for my Vita that is new and proven to be worthy. I am bummed out that I lost all my saves with the old one and have no energy to start all over again with all of my games.

I do have Ni no kuni to keep my company.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You use GT on the bikers? Hahaha. I always just flying swallow them until the bike explodes and they're on foot.

It's faster that way. Because here on Hard Flying Swallowing them is a crap shoot. Either miss them (due to the sticks here) or hit them only for them to block it. RAGE.

Peterthumpa

Whoa, I'm really impressed by the clean image in Little Big Planet Vita. Seems to be running at the native resolution and with a very good AA method that makes it looking stunning.

Which other games has this kind of IQ? I've tried Sega All Stars Racing, Gravity Daze and the Sly demo, and there's plenty of aliasing in all of them.

Is Persona 4 Golden also blessed with AA + native res? Which other?

Whoa, I'm really impressed by the clean image in Little Big Planet Vita. Seems to be running at the native resolution and with a very good AA method that makes it looking stunning.

Which other games has this kind of IQ? I've tried Sega All Stars Racing, Gravity Daze and the Sly demo, and there's plenty of aliasing in all of them.

Is Persona 4 Golden also blessed with AA + native res? Which other?

Virtua tennis and ninja gained are both that

Hanmik

PSN store on ps3 is lol worthy sometimes..

I was at a friends house, and showing him how the store works. When we saw GTA Vice City. It said "PS3 / PS Vita." .. lol.. it is listed on the ps3 store as a Vita compatible game, not the store on the PC, there it isn´t listed as a Vita game.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
LBP is sub native with AA.
Gravity Rush and Persona 4 are sub native without AA.
Sonic Racing is native without AA.

Persona 4 not being native is one of the biggest downers of the year for me. It looks good, but it could look fantastic if they put the effort into it.

Peterthumpa

Persona 4 not being native is one of the biggest downers of the year for me. It looks good, but it could look fantastic if they put the effort into it.

So, basically from an IQ point of view, LBP is the best looking game on the system besides Virtua Tennis?

A shame that P4 has no AA, what the hell... the game isn't even that demanding, I think.

What about the Metal Gear Solid collection?

Ran rp

LBP is definitely sub-native. It looks good thanks to the AA but the IQ not as clean as it would be if it was native res.

She probably takes his Subway sandwich every day too.

Toto, are you being bullied at work?
:p

I wonder if P4G was limited by Cart size. Really hope that doesn't become an issue down the road. Why can't they allow bigger game carts?

Ran rp

So, basically from an IQ point of view, LBP is the best looking game on the system besides Virtua Tennis?

A shame that P4 has no AA, what the hell... the game isn't even that demanding, I think.

What about the Metal Gear Solid collection?

Based on early impressions Killzone is the new graphics king of the Vita.

Hi guys. I've looked around but couldn't find an answer: is there any good way to read/save FAQs/walkthroughs on Vita?

Typically, I'd like to be able to access a persona 4 FAQ even when I'm offline and whatever is open in the web browser tends to go away after some time?

Sid

I still think KZ will have an atrocious native res,there's no way it will look that clean when the final product hits.

Hi guys. I've looked around but couldn't find an answer: is there any good way to read/save FAQs/walkthroughs on Vita?

Typically, I'd like to be able to access a persona 4 FAQ even when I'm offline and whatever is open in the web browser tends to go away after some time?

Send email to yourself with faq/guide ?

Sadly Sony haven't release any document apps yet :(

Top Bottom