• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

kiyomi

Make sure you buy a JP one..

TOTP, I'm bored of TOTP reccomendations. Be cool and friendly to your Vitabros, do your research on games you're interested in and enjoy your system.

Question: Do I lose my VitaBro card if I buy a 3DS?

I'm not selling any Vita stuff towards it or anything, but I NEED to play Fantasy Life and Bravely default.

Vita gaming will continue as usual. Don't hate me!

I don't see a problem. I have both but play my Vita more.

That reminds me, Ninja Gaiden has never appeared on a Nintendo console except the originals on SNES and Wii shop.

NG Sigma is kicking my butt on Vita, need to tone down the difficulty lol.

hamchan

I'm not selling any Vita stuff towards it or anything, but I NEED to play Fantasy Life and Bravely default.

No one actually cares about this Vita vs 3DS stuff lol.

Also, i'll try the demo of Ragnorok Odyssey, see if it's actually good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any good simulations/Harvest Moon-esque games available? The discovery of Let's Fish! sucking leaves me yearning.

ZeroAKA

Nope, I plan on getting a 3DS at some point too. Bravely Default is high on my list too, if it ever gets localized.

kiyomi

That is correct. It hasn't been announced for localization yet, sadly.
The text in the game is actually integrated into the game or something, right? So it can't be translated and localized easily :(

Think that's what I heard.

Also, I just realised my Ragnarok save bubble has disappeared. What. :|

cyborg009

Banned
Me! I've only played like 20 minutes of it though. :p

no more exaggerated female moaning in the lobby for us eh

I'm just worried that it was too far before PS+ came in, since doesn't it only do the most recent 10 games? I will check though.

add me: Jimmy-Debaba

i own one. only worthwhile games on it are mario 3d land, mario kart 7, zelda:eek:ot 3d and nsb2.
IMO of course, i'm sure plenty will disagree

but ya, thats neither here or there. buy one and enjoy the above titles (and others, if there are some that interest you)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
I will as soon as you point me towards a $15 copy :p

nah just get this

jc4GxFd.jpg

it is a better and cheaper alternative to Boringfest Odyssey.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hero of Leaf Valley is the best overall (modern,bigger..ect)

the most "pure" and simple is Harvest Moon: Back to Nature(PSone, also available on the PSstore)

Can you farm indefinitely in Hero? And is it simple enough to play without a guide (event and marriage wise)?

cyborg009

Banned
Monosukoi the last game was actually my fault my internet started to act out. But the game usually has buggy online so it would had happen regardless.

At least I know Texture Sacrifice has good online capabilities.

Iacobellis

Okay, so I came up with this very quick mockup of how I think Sony can rectify the "I don't know which game is in my Vita!" issue.

Whatever cartridge is in your Vita (in this case, Smart As), would be on the left of the home icon. Every other running app would be to the right, basically how it is now.

Okay, so I came up with this very quick mockup of how I think Sony can rectify the "I don't which game is in my Vita!" issue.

Whatever cartridge is in your Vita (in this case, Smart As), would be on the left of the home icon. Every other running app would be to the right, basically how it is now.
Dat glacial pace of substantive firmware updates.

Welp. I've had my Vita since launch and just now discovered it has quick scrolling. Who knew?
Oooh also you can zoom into videos you take on the Vita too. Brain snack

Shoyz

Perhaps it's as I don't own enough games yet but my solution to not knowing what game I have in is looking at what game I have in. Should my memory become that bad. How do you forget?

Iacobellis

Perhaps it's as I don't own enough games yet but my solution to not knowing what game I have in is looking at what game I have in. Should my memory become that bad. How do you forget?

Well, I don't play my Vita on the same frequent basis as I do with a home console. I could go without playing for a couple weeks then pick it back up again.

The_Walrus

Neo Member
Thinking about getting a new Vita game. How many people are still playing Resistance online? Any opinions on Virtua Tennis for the Vita?

Iacobellis

Thinking about getting a new Vita game. How many people are still playing Resistance online? Any opinions on Virtua Tennis for the Vita?

Resistance might be a little active, I'm sure CoD is more. As for VT, people say it is the best looking Vita game at the moment. Native resolution, MSAA, and 60FPS gameplay.

Okay, so I came up with this very quick mockup of how I think Sony can rectify the "I don't know which game is in my Vita!" issue.

I thought with earlier firmwares the icon of the game in the slot used to bounce? At the very least it bounced when you first put it in... now mine doesn't do anything! It should just have a reserved position on the top left similar to the Wii menu...or also similar, a card graphic sticking out from behind the bubble.

Iacobellis

I thought with earlier firmwares the icon of the game in the slot used to bounce? At the very least it bounced when you first put it in... now mine doesn't do anything! It should just have a reserved position on the top left similar to the Wii menu...or also similar, a card graphic sticking out from behind the bubble.

Yes, they did bounce upon insert pre-2.00, I think.

Top Bottom