• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Video Reveals Spring Window For Oreshika 2, Helldivers, Hotline 2, Shovel Knight

monpiece

Banned
And I think it's pretty obvious that despite all the noise, Freedom Wars physical didn't sell much in the West. That was probably the last chance and now everything else will be digital releases. .

That, and looks like digital sales are enough for them to not bother with physical releases anymore. The digital sales surely are not superb, but it looks like keeping a small retail presence is not worth the effort.

Maedhros

Retail people needs to start crying.

I don't even know how the hell could Vita keep getting retail titles as long as it have.

Digital makes sense, it's easier to distribute and cheaper to keep the costs down.

I, for one, welcome the digital era (unless I keep finding cheap games on garbage bins/great sales).

I can finally play Shovel Knight on a system I actually want to play it on (Vita or PS4). Most likely gonna get Hotline Miami 2 on Vita, especially if there's gonna be a cross-buy/cross-save thing.

Damn, I kind of hoped to see Steins;Gate there.

We'll get our release date. Just you wait. Steins;Gate needs to be successful so its success can help open a strange gate of Vita VN localizations

Tohsaka

Retail people needs to start crying.

I don't even know how the hell could Vita keep getting retail titles as long as it have.

Digital makes sense, it's easier to distribute and cheaper to keep the costs down.

I, for one, welcome the digital era (unless I keep finding cheap games on garbage bins/great sales).

Atlus, XSEED, NISA, Aksys, etc. still release all their Vita stuff at retail, for the most part. Sales must be good enough for them to keep doing it. I buy everything retail as long as there is one, I have like 30 retail games and I'm still using the 16GB memory card I got at launch.

Reveirg

As if the lack of communication wasn't enough, I think it's safe to say Oreshika 2 is a PSN-exclusive in the west. Play-Asia is listing a physical English release in March for the Asian region, so those that must go physical have an option.

Do asian-region games work flawlessly on NA Vita? (Including Trophy support, etc.)

Auctopus

Helldivers
Hotline Miami 2
Titan Souls
Helldivers

Goddamn, doesn't Sony know I'll be playing Bloodborne?

I don't think there was a single point last gen that I was this spoiled for choice.

nampad

I really hope Helldivers is cross buy. I will play the shit out of the Vita version but if I have buddies over it would be nice to play it on my PS4.

In Europe, I can only dream about PS Now at the moment. Hope it works well. Might consider a subscription if the library is well and it works fine.

Man I saw Oresheika 2 and got super excited that the Vita title did so well they greenlit a sequel. Then I remembered the Vita game is #2 in the series. Ah well, after hearing nothing on the title for almost a year after it was announced for the west, this is great news. I need release dates on all those titles like now.

Ventara

Just Toukiden and Oreshika 2 (import) for me. Maybe Hotline Miami 2 and Shovel Knight.

0umSZDt.jpg

Kinda OT, but I've always wondered; what are they doing in this gif? Looks like they're squeezing a tube of toothpaste(?) into another one. Why are they so happy about this?

Vlitra

Banned
Titan Souls, come unto me!

*burp*

I've been also looking forward to Helldivers for awhile now. I'm glad it looks like its finally around the corner.

JoJoSono

Banned
If Oreshika 2 is digital only then no buy for me. Screw you Sony. Can't even release what "big" games you have for the Vita correctly.

Oh well, may have to import it from Playasia. Hopefully, they stock those for a bit.

I would be tempted to pick up a few of these but between all the releases in spring (notably Bloodborne, Type-0 and Witcher) I really don't have time nor money to consider.

A shame, because Oreshiki is the kind of niche game I really want to see more of.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
No Hatoful Boyfriend? :(

TriAceJP

So... Does Sony care about the Vita?

Their development teams make me think no, but these videos make me think yes.

Can't wait for Oreshika 2 and Hotline Miami 2.

If Oreshika 2 is digital only then no buy for me. Screw you Sony. Can't even release what "big" games you have for the Vita correctly.

Oh well, may have to import it from Playasia. Hopefully, they stock those for a bit.

You still have your Vita? I thought you already sold yours since it only has port on otaku games.

That's it? Wow.
Half of it was for PS4 games and games already out.

There's way more games coming out, maybe more then any other console or handheld, there's even a thread specifically designed to showcase them but you would know of you truly cared.

Auctopus

Just Toukiden and Oreshika 2 (import) for me. Maybe Hotline Miami 2 and Shovel Knight.

Kinda OT, but I've always wondered; what are they doing in this gif? Looks like they're squeezing a tube of toothpaste(?) into another one. Why are they so happy about this?

It's from a music video, I think they're squeezing glue in to an empty toothpaste tube as a prank. I can't remember the source but was linked to it on Reddit once after enquiring about this same gif.

His comment is entirely justified. I love my Vita but where's the support? I want recognizable PlayStation franchises.

Hey I had edited it! Still, the sentiment is lame to me. HLM2, Olli Olli 2 should not be discredited just because they are multi platform. Oreshika looks special too, and there are other releases outside of the ones highlighted here.

What support, a lame uncharted or god of war game? There is plenty of original content out for Vita.. Id love to see Sony go nuts and announce Tokyo Jungle, demons souls ,... Vita, but it is just not going to happen. This has been known for years now.

Pikma

Banned
Can't wait for Oreshika 2 and Hotline Miami 2.

You still have your Vita? I thought you already sold yours since it only has port on otaku games.

There's way more games coming out, maybe more then any other console or handheld, there's even a thread specifically designed to showcase them but you would know of you truly cared.

Oh I do care, way more than Sony at least.

Wait, so that's the new argument to dismiss opinions? that I don't care enough about the system I bought with my own money? :lol
What am I? a bad Vita parent now?

"Oh I care so much about my Vita I'm glad it's getting games at all, even though I'm not interested in most of them"
Is that better guys?

RalchAC

I would be tempted to pick up a few of these but between all the releases in spring (notably Bloodborne, Type-0 and Witcher) I really don't have time nor money to consider.

A shame, because Oreshiki is the kind of niche game I really want to see more of.

Well, at least there is an Asia version and I doubt this game will have "important" DLCs, so we can import that version and call it a day.

It'll be more expensive though :(

From that list, the only must have purchase for me is Toukiden Kiwami. I still have plenty of games released last year that I need to buy and play though, so no worries.

His comment is entirely justified. I love my Vita but where's the support? I want recognizable PlayStation franchises.

No it's not, is acting like those are all the upcoming Vita games which is false. And as for the recognizable Playstation franchise all the big one are already there except Gran Turismo and GTA and we both know no new would will come because no one bothered to buy the one that are available.

I can finally play Shovel Knight on a system I actually want to play it on (Vita or PS4). Most likely gonna get Hotline Miami 2 on Vita, especially if there's gonna be a cross-buy/cross-save thing.

We'll get our release date. Just you wait. Steins;Gate needs to be successful so its success can help open a strange gate of Vita VN localizations
Oh yeah. Seeing it here was mostly wishful thinking on my part but I absolutely want the genre to be successful on that platform.

Bashtee

Yes, yes, more Vita games. Mhmmm, so good...

Is there a way to connect my PS3 directly with the PC, so I can transfer the Vita games? Thought I could store it all on the ps3, but there are no folders for Vita install files...

JoJoSono

Banned
Well....yes those do make a huge part of the library. Yet, I keep it for the small chance there's games like Oreshika. Games Sony can't even bother to release physically, even though they are far more "noteworthy".

Producer

You should be excited for olli olli 2 and hlm2, vita is the best place to play these.

Nope, i find m+kb to be superior than the little dual sticks for Hotline Miami. Better precision, and wider view with a monitor.

Anyways, i'm wary of buying indie games on vita. Wait a few months and most of these upcoming indies will be free on Plus.

Top Bottom