• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita Video Reveals Spring Window For Oreshika 2, Helldivers, Hotline 2, Shovel Knight

impact

Banned
So as a non-Vita owner it's just Oreshika. That game looks badass, I'll definitely pick it up if I ever get a VTV or it comes to PS4.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Just give up Sony. No one will use PS Now or Remote Play on Vita unless you add L2/R2 and clickable buttons somehow.

Either support the system with more actual games or just call it quit.
I use remote play often and the controls are fine for the vast majority of games. Injustice is the only one I've found unplayable so far, but I suspect that's as much to do with the framerate as it is the controls. I wouldn't play a fighting game on remote play but hat aside I've found everything to be a good experience on remote play so far.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
We got them, people didn't buy them. The end. That this system is still getting a large influx of games in any shape or form is incredible.
Pretty much. Every other system that has ever flopped anywhere near this badly died a quick death. Vita is basically the Dreamcast except instead of immediately dying after the first couple years of stellar games, we continued to get loads more games in the form of indies. Plus remote play and PS Now.

GeoramA

Getting:

Hotline Miami 2
Titan Souls
Shovel Knight

I hope the PS4 sizzle reel shows Axiom Verge, N++, Galak-Z, and Broforce coming soon as well.

Producer

Pretty much. Every other system that has ever flopped anywhere near this badly died a quick death. Vita is basically the Dreamcast except instead of immediately dying after the first couple years of stellar games, we continued to get loads more games in the form of indies. Plus remote play and PS Now.

So completely different from the dreamcast then, aside from both being failures.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So completely different from the dreamcast then, aside from both being failures.
Well the first couple years is like the Dreamcast. Great lineup of games that nobody bought. Vita's life beyond that is where it differs from Dreamcast. The only difference is that Vita still lived for years beyond the initial failure. If Vita had released before the indie boom then it would have suffered he exact same fate as Dreamcast.

redcrayon

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
Helldivers
Shovel Knight
Toukiden Kiwami
Titan Souls

This lot for me, I'll definitely be double-dipping on Shovel Knight, the only game I played through more than once last year. Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy is out in April too.

monpiece

Banned
We got them, people didn't buy them. The end. That this system is still getting a large influx of games in any shape or form is incredible.

Not to mention that developing those games proved to be very expensive, so it was not feasible to keep insisting with the big games when the chances of repeating the failure were high.

RalchAC

Well the first couple years is like the Dreamcast. Great lineup of games that nobody bought. Vita's life beyond that is where it differs from Dreamcast. The only difference is that Vita still lived for years beyond the initial failure. If Vita had released before the indie boom then it would have suffered he exact same fate as Dreamcast.

Not exactly the same. SEGA put all the eggs in the same basket with the DreamCast because it was either that or leaving which had been their main market for more than a decade. Sony never was in such a tough position and never was quite as drastic as SEGA at that time.

That means that, while we've got many Sony quality games (like Tearaway, Gravity Rush, WipeOut, Soul Sacrifice...) they've never pushed it as hard as SEGA did. If they did we won't have expensive memory cards and the system would have dropped in price faster.

I'd say both share the problem that wihle they definitely had great games most of them were niche stuff (like all the games I've mentioned above) that couldn't push enough systems to make it mainstream.

There isn't as much grounbreaking stuff on the Vita as it was on the DC though.

Mostly orange to apples IMO. Yeah, both are fruits, both are healthy and you can use both to make juice, but the differences are bigger than the similarities.

Still think the Vita is great system.

Ryan95

I'm pretty disappointed by the lineup as a JRPG fan (never been interested into Oreshika 2), but luckily I've still got some existing games to buy/start/finish (I've recently started Persona 2:Innocent Sin, I still have to start Final Fantasy VII, finish Final Fantasy V, beat the first three Tomb Raiders once again and eventually get Hatsune Miku Project Diva f/f 2nd, The Atelier games,Demon Gaze,Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, so I've got a lot of meat still burning, not mentioning the titles I want that i don't remember at the moment).

I'm interested in some indie titles as well (for exmple Titan Souls and Hyper Lighter Drifter, even if I don't know if the latter is confirmed for 2015) , but as every other title is concerned, the genre doesn't fit me.

Skyzard

Banned
As someone who uses his Vita for mostly arcade games, these make me quite happy:

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (Coming Soon)
Shovel Knight (Coming Soon)
Olli Olli 2

Possibly Helldivers but I've been focussed on Crimsonland and then probably Dead Nation for that type. Will probably get it anyway.

Hopefully none are delayed until summer.

I'm pretty disappointed by the lineup as a JRPG fan (never been interested into Oreshika 2), but luckily I've still got some existing games to buy/start/finish (I've recently started Persona 2:Innocent Sin, I still have to start Final Fantasy VII, finish Final Fantasy V, beat the first three Tomb Raiders once again and eventually get Hatsune Miku Project Diva f/f 2nd, The Atelier games,Demon Gaze,Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, so I've got a lot of meat still burning, not mentioning the titles I want that i don't remember at the moment).

I'm interested in some indie titles as well (for exmple Titan Souls and Hyper Lighter Drifter, even if I don't know if the latter is confirmed for 2015) , but as every other title is concerned, the genre doesn't fit me.
Don't forget Cosmic Star Heroine, that might be up your alley too.

Fingers crossed Sen no Kiseki is localized this year too.

Top Bottom