• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Coco no archive singing always brings a smile to my face she can go an hour without ever singing a real workd lol

note it will be deleted as soon as she ends the stream

Ame did not wait for the remake it seems
Risu just started playing it too. But with Risu you get an improved soundtrack with her humming.

Also it is harder to 4th wall break when you speak of the persona in 3rd person anyway so I doubt she ever refers to her IRL story outside of the Haachama wrapper. Still chill background talk is still down time for the talent. Do you understand her at these times or do you only watch her event times?
I'm honestly not sure what you are saying here.

If you think that going to school in Australia and Philippines, being neglected by her host parents, living months without friends, feeling special because you were the only one able to talk English but then felt you are losing when native English speakers joined Hololive is all just "Haachama persona" talk and not what happened in her real life just because she is talking about herself in third person then I think you are very wrong.

What do you mean with "understand"? Like when I say I understand her?

Risu just started playing it too. But with Risu you get an improved soundtrack with her humming.

I'm honestly not sure what you are saying here.

If you think that going to school in Australia and Philippines, being neglected by her host parents, living months without friends, feeling special because you were the only one able to talk English but then felt you are losing when native English speakers joined Hololive is all just "Haachama persona" talk and not what happened in her real life just because she is talking about herself in third person then I think you are very wrong.

What do you mean with "understand"? Like when I say I understand her?

Risu is a completely different vibe for sure deserves more love.

As for Haachama you have already put my mind at ease on her, I was only asking if you understood the streams or you had to wait from some translations like I most ly have to depend on.

Is she done with School or will she have to return to Australia?

and please feel free to post interesting clips or VODs we should check out on this thread it will help all of us have different choices, from different fans.

Last edited:
this was delated they added an extra person

Now I know the whole vtuber community is sexist.

Kiara's Papa tried to be close to her and even moved to the basement of her minecraft house but a complaint was made and he had to be removed. He hardly shows up on her chat anymore.

That is Reine's Mama playing this game with them. Subaru's mama also gets Collabs

could it be because Kiara's Papa is not a vtuber?

there should be 2 more Point of Views for this collab.

Last edited:
As for Haachama you have already put my mind at ease on her, I was only asking if you understood the streams or you had to wait from some translations like I most ly have to depend on.
No, my Japanese level is only good enough to understand a few words, but I can understand Haachama's English pretty well. I mostly watch her English-only streams + ASMR. Otherwise I just watch translated clips. Sometimes if I catch a stream and it seems interesting I join it and read the live translators in chat to know what she is saying.

Haachama's English is pretty simple but when she talks Japanese it has a quite higher word complexity.

Only Japanese Hololive member I can understand fairly well is Korone as I said earlier. She uses only very few words and keeps repeating them when playing. Like I learned that Kuki means "Air" because she played Sonic and whenever Sonic was about to suffocate underwater she was like "Kuki Kuki Kuuukiiii". Never going to forget that word again.

Is she done with School or will she have to return to Australia?
She finished high school last year. Because of the pandemic she was then stuck in Australia for a few months:

But in December she finally could return to Japan.

(Note: "I'm studying abroad in Japan" is not a translation mistake, but a running gag, because earlier she got a marshmallow where someone asked as a joke "As a fellow Australian, can you tell me, how did you learn Japanese so well?")

and please feel free to post interesting clips or VODs we should check out on this thread it will help all of us have different choices, from different fans.
Yeah I just don't know what's been posted already. The "How Hachama Became Mentally Strong" clip I posted earlier is definitely one of my favorites, though.

Other than that I mostly just watch clips from Coco's Reddit Review streams.

Or any clips that reveal more of the real person behind each member.

Like true Yandere Korone:

(Note that there's a translation error here, as someone in the comments corrected: "This is not pentatonix, but an American company called Pentronix. That company makes Powder molding machine". Also "Delivery" is the Japanese Kanji used for "Stream".)

"I asked my manager if I can stream torture and execution videos. "Chotto matte", he said." xD

Matsuri going to school with only band aids:

Last edited:
that gane is pretty good lol Haachama music is getting a lot of play

hmmmm

I wanna watch the Joker someday but my mood is not with it

Last edited:
she is on a roll for sure some epic shit

so glad I did not try to watch this live and waited for the translations it is easier when you know its coming

Haachama is just not a safespace she is raw and loves the dark
Calli is Death and Calli does not even go to these places most of the demon characters can't even go to this level Haachama stands alone

She reminds me of Albert Hitchcock presentations... Does Takashi Miike have a daughter?

Last edited:
Youtube removed the previous one before Haachama could even start streaming. Guess Youtube didn't like it saying R18 Adult Only with video title "BAN INCOMING".

There should be an Adult Only streaming platform for Haachama. I guess she's contractually limited to youtube, though. (Why doesn't Youtube have an R18 area? They do age verification via Google account already anyway.)

Ultimate Chicken Horse is one of the most fun games to watch others playing in my opinion. Don't really need subtitles, just fast forward to 5:20 where they start playing.

Quite old, but I really like the interviews that Inuyama Tamaki does. He always brings out the most pervert side of all his guests:

not sure why she is trying Hardcore

makes no sense since all the girls try hard to avoid dying but always fall to their deaths

prediction = LEWD

well Lewd enough to be made private... Oh Kiara

Last edited:
I guess it's going to be a short stream

Edit:
Well I was wrong. She's doing fine, found a town and looted their chests :D

I'll just leave this here

none of the EN girls have helped or traded with villages. They looted, Killed, or ignored them.

Even Ina only uses them for her machines

Last edited:
Haachama puts a lot of effort into her videos lately, with all the prepared clips and stuff.
She even got a new 2D with Haato's head and Haachama's body now.

It's interesting, but honestly at this point I just want another English Talk stream lol.

Meanwhile I'm watching content that a lot more fun to watch. Korone played "Way Too Fast RPG", that was really funny, here's a clip:

Also Pekora was playing through Shadow of the Colossus last week, that's what I'm currently watching.

So Calli now plays Hollow Knight as well? I feel it would be better if two Hololive members wouldn't play the same game at once. Definitely not interesting in watching two people play the same game unless it's a party game you play together like Ultimate Chicken Horse.

I guess Haato got out somehow and now she wears Haachama's outfit?
Haachama cut off Haato's head earlier. In today's episode Haato's head played Doki Doki Haato Club to find her body, but instead she found Haachama's body and put her head on Haachama's body. So it's now Haato's head and Haachama's body.

Last edited:
Haachama puts a lot of effort into her videos lately, with all the prepared clips and stuff.
She even got a new 2D with Haato's head and Haachama's body now.

It's interesting, but honestly at this point I just want another English Talk stream lol.

Meanwhile I'm watching content that a lot more fun to watch. Korone played "Way Too Fast RPG", that was really funny, here's a clip:

Also Pekora was playing through Shadow of the Colossus last week, that's what I'm currently watching.

So Calli now plays Hollow Knight as well? I feel it would be better if two Hololive members wouldn't play the same game at once. Definitely not interesting in watching two people play the same game unless it's a party game you play together like Ultimate Chicken Horse.

Hololive seems to have the same window to play the same games. Could be deals with the developers so you will not get only one member playing a game exclusively unless the developer wants to select that member as exclusive. Or that member asked for permission for a game that is not on the approved list.

Like Ame played Smol Ame is something special but in terms of everyday games they play you can list about 5-6 games really.

Minecraft
APEX
Among Us
Passpartout
Phasmophobia
Fall Guys

Those are the main go tos, anything else is on Nintendo Switch or are things like DOOM, Witcher, GTA V, or something on that level but they all swarm the same games.

Haachama cut off Haato's head earlier. In today's episode Haato's head played Doki Doki Haato Club to find her body, but instead she found Haachama's body and put her head on Haachama's body. So it's now Haato's head and Haachama's body.
that was weird... she not only does a lot of work to prepare all of that but putting her old head on the new body must have cost her good money too, those designers don't do this for free.

Haachama's original lore and story was not really that interesting. But what she has built on top of it is beyond any other vtuber. You'll need a wiki to follow it and a lot of her content get privated or deleted by youtube. Watch it live of it is gone forever.

Last edited:
I'm just saying it's not very attractive. For me anyway. (Edit: Referring to playing always the same games.)

Two issues one was the big purge when Hololive lost the rights to hundreds of videos and had to private most of the videos per channel. So that issue alone made them stick to only safe games they can monetize. Second too many girls they are all competing for the same dollars.

To me it is not that annoying. Ina fans are different from Calli fans they expect different things. So playing the same game is not really the same content to them because the girls bring different vibes to any game they play. So to me even as a fan of all the girls I do find differences between Ina and Calli's playthrough.

What Gura and Kiara plays solo will rarely be the same games, because Gura focuses on Horror games and Kiara hates Horror games.

It is only when they all suck at the same game like Mario Kart 8 I get really bored.

Most of the time they all will gang up on the same few games for a whole couple of months. I am expecting a lot of Cat Peach and Cat Mario in the next few weeks.

I am amazed that vtuber avatars now also have boob physics applied. Man, I might be missing out on this whole vtuber thing after all.
kinda a rare thing really most of them that have boobs don't add the physics, and the trend is to be flatchested it seems to be a meme.

Mel is the bounciest

but these girl's are not about the boing boings

Last edited:
Haachama is going to get really sick on this pace. She really did not have to push this hard for 1 Million. She is 8K away the fans could have helped her get there faster but she has been pushing a storyline to get there. Hope she takes a break soon.

Amelia is not even pushing herself but is getting new subs at the same rate.

Top Bottom