• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Labolas

That sucks, hope she's okay and can get a handle on this.

Imagine harassing someone on the internet for saying a countries name for 5 months. They either have no lives or are getting money from the government. Pathetic.

Is this also happening to Haachama? She was also banned for the same thing iirc.
I believe Coco took the sole blame for it happening and I think the antis just give up on Haachama and focus on Coco.

Last edited:
Haachama got quite some hate too but it calmed down fast. Not exactly sure why but should consider these factors:
1. Coco is American.
2. Haachama does not really show like she cares for spam in her chat at all.

Since nobody posted anything lately, here's everyone's reaction to the earthquake yesterday. All seem to be safe. Korone is okay too.

Also, audition for Hololive English 2nd gen have started. Let's wish Haachama good luck! (Yes, she's eating crocodile with valentine chocolate sauce.)

Last edited:
Looks like Hololive got license to stream Undertale and now everybody plays that. Don't want to watch multiple streamers so I'll need to decide on one, maybe Pekora.

Korone plans to play another mystery RPG today but it's unfortunately at the same time as Haachama Day, so I'll check it out later.

Let's see what Haachama does today. I kinda lost hope she'll talk to us normally ever again (last time she spoke out of character was January 28th and last English stream was January 26th, so I guess that's dead now). Of course her new style made her the top earning subscription member of Hololive this month, but for me it is kind of bad if I lose the personal attachment to a Vtuber. Might as well watch Redo of Healer if I want a really edgy anime.

Will still watch the stream:

After all we only get Haachama every 10 days until final battle on March 3rd.

Seems it had nothing to do with tragedy.
She's essentially claiming that she got taken advantage of by a company.
I can't understand the intent of said company to take such action, unless both Uto and the company were really dumb amateurs.

Seems she has no trouble getting help from artists like the designer of Ayame of Hololive, which is an anecdotal indication of how people that know the indusrty feel about the incident.

Seems it had nothing to do with tragedy.
She's essentially claiming that she got taken advantage of by a company.
I can't understand the intent of said company to take such action, unless both Uto and the company were really dumb amateurs.

Seems she has no trouble getting help from artists like the designer of Ayame of Hololive, which is an anecdotal indication of how people that know the indusrty feel about the incident.

Still would like Ame to collab with her

Stitch

Gold Member
Kanata gave Coco many, many expensive gifts (AC Horizons Switch, Pro Controller, Ring Fit, SD Card, some other stuff and those very expensive strawberrys they have in Japan) + a very nice letter
Dear Coco,

I’ve never really gotten the chance, but I want to talk about us, and the stuff I never told you ages ago. (Let me monologue for a sec.)

Right from your debut, you immediately shot past the rest of Gen 4 with your amazing talent. Both the hololive members and viewers were astounded by this amazing newcomer. From AsaCoco, to your pro Yakuza streams, and leading the charge in ARK. You commanded everyone’s attention and, both figuratively and literally, stood on a different stage to the rest of Gen 4.

On the other hand, I barely even qualified as a free item that just happened to come with you. Lots of people told me not to associate with and rely on you. I genuinely felt the disparity between us, and thought carefully about why I was even here. Even so, I decided that no matter how many numbers were foisted on me and how incredible you were, that I wouldn’t treat you any differently! No matter how wide the gap between us in talent was, I wanted to be equal to you, because we’re both Gen 4.

You never looked down on us no matter how far ahead you were, and that made you incredibly easy to talk to. When I first met you in real life, I remember thinking “Wait… She’s easy to talk to, we think the same way, and our personalities match.” Quite a while ago, when we were on the way home from eating out, I said “One of us probably looked out for the other on their deathbed in our previous life,” and you went “To hell with that, we both died together,” and silly as it was, I really felt that.

Now, I’m not being told to stay away from you anymore. I've even been asked "Kanatan! Look after kaichou for us!" by tatsunokos. That makes me happy. No matter how much I was told to not associate with you, no matter how big the gap between us is, and no matter how much of an amazing person you are, I never gave up and I can stand by your side as an equal gen-mate.

You’re a kind dragon that shares her happiness with others, and I think that’s why both we and the Tatsunokos love you. We’re going to have you let us share our happiness with you from here on out, too. By the way, use this Switch to play with the rest of us. If it’s Mario Kart, I ain’t gonna lose.

- From your Gen 4-mate and equal, Kanatan

Fubuki fights Sans right now. It's interesting that you can even see with the 2D avatar that she is so focused that she doesn't blink during the attacks.

After chat got worried about Fubuki playing for 9 hours (6 hours fighting against Sans) without break, Fubuki proclaimed that she is the mentally strongest out of all Hololive members.

Might probably be true.

She takes a break now though, because she has a collab in 45 minutes. She'll continue tomorrow.

Last edited:

Labolas

Fuck! I could have fought Calli in Guilty Gear, but I was too high up in the towers to play against her.

Funny enough I was played against someone with the name Pain Peko and I was Elite Miko and both of us used the same character.

giphy.gif

Marine beat Sans in only 22 attempts.

Current Hololive Records:
1. Marine (22 attempts)
2. Suisei (102 attempts)
3. Fubuki (117 attempts)
4. Subaru (171 attempts)

Edit: Added Suisei.

Last edited:
Marine's Genocide run was trending in Japan. Had 50000 live viewers and already over 1.1M views. Toby Fox noticed the trending stream and watched too. Afterwards he contacted Marine and gave her the OK to play Deltarune on stream. She will play it the next weekend she said today.

Tomorrow Marine will have her first English class too.

The more I get to know about Marine the more I like her.

Last edited:
Hey I just noticed a funny connection, here Haachama is eating "Frisk" (1:40):

And here Rushia is eating Frisk while finishing Pacifist Route in Undertale (she got completely shocked by the character name reveal):

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Fine if you like drowning in candy floss I suppose

Undertaker : Why this one so sticky?
Undertaker's assistant : Stop licking him

Last edited:
Kanata can't beat Sans and is trying it nonstop, current statistics:

322 Attemps/ 321 Deaths/ Time fighting with Sans (all streams): 29 hours 8 min

It's impressive how determined she is. When I can't beat a boss for more than 1 hour, I usually just quit the game and watch the rest of the story on youtube lol.

Note: The reason why the stream is restarted after 12 hours is because 12 hours is maximum youtube archive length. Kanata is in fact playing for 16 hours already today right now.

Kanata finally did it on 342th attempts after playing 18 hours in row today.

Hololive toplist is now:

1. Marine (22 attempts)
2. Suisei (102 attempts)
3. Fubuki (117 attempts)
4. Subaru (171 attempts)
5. Kanata (342 attempts)

Top Bottom