• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vtubers?

Robot Carnival

Gold Member

Raden got emotional during the ReGLOSS 1 year anniversary camp fire. honestly, each of the ReGLOSS members had really grown on me and Raden especially is just such a unique person not just in the vtuber circle but overall.

reading fanfics about your mom out loud during a stream is definitely... something. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

L51YRmA-3cD5SjTMO6KeU0uTvDgYBTyP7gFukTHOAOA.jpg

Stitch

Gold Member
Mhh she did the Halloween streams, spelling bee and all that stuff so maybe she keeps doing that or she's the new A-chan

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
maybe it's just me being an old fart, but I feel sometimes we forgot these are all just young women who have all the pressure that regular young women have. and they have to balance their regular life with their vtuber life and it's never an easy task. at least she's kinda just stepping away for now and not just graduating. I hope she gets things clear out and would eventually return.

Stitch

Gold Member
maybe it's just me being an old fart, but I feel sometimes we forgot these are all just young women who have all the pressure that regular young women have. and they have to balance their regular life with their vtuber life and it's never an easy task. at least she's kinda just stepping away for now and not just graduating. I hope she gets things clear out and would eventually return.
many of them even have other streaming gigs and sometimes even jobs. so yeah, I'm not surprised some of them have a burnout.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member

good on Cali. she's not one that I really follow but it's great to see she's getting more success.

also, after watching more of the HoloGTA clips, I realize the reason, at least for some of the JP members, why their driving is so terrible. they kinda default to the Japan driving where it's opposite side of the US. and since Los Santos is going with US tradition, that might be one of the reason there're so many accidents. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

NeoLed

good on Cali. she's not one that I really follow but it's great to see she's getting more success.

also, after watching more of the HoloGTA clips, I realize the reason, at least for some of the JP members, why their driving is so terrible. they kinda default to the Japan driving where it's opposite side of the US. and since Los Santos is going with US tradition, that might be one of the reason there're so many accidents. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I think it more because they use keyboard. So every left(A) and right(D) button press are light full tilt of analog stick. 0 to 100 driving turn will make the cars swerve like that. And they don't know what breaks are for :messenger_grinning_sweat:

delishcaek

Neo Member
"vTuBErS R OnLY foR 8 YeAr olDs", man that comment really didn't age well. Mousey being most subbed Twitch channel... Hololive bigger than ever... even Indies exploding. lmao

I'll forever support this:
uzIqvgQ.gif

i3QffpU.gif

Yeah, vTubers are pretty much the best form of streaming content. At least the ones that aren't allowed to (or just don't) comment on happenings.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
there will always be people like that. just ignore and move on. when rock & roll music came out, a lot of people had the same attitude. so it's just part of the course having haters. besides, that comment was like 4 years ago. the person might not even be on GAF any more.

here's a tour of Ame's aquarium for those who's interested.

I don't follow vtubers much but I have recently watched Baelz's reactions to Yakuza stuff and I found them very entertaining. And some videos of Fuwamoco singing.

Is... is this the initial stages of whatever you guys have?
Probably depends on YT's algorithm and your willingness to click on recommended videos. You can still turn back but why would you want to?

I don't follow vtubers much but I have recently watched Baelz's reactions to Yakuza stuff and I found them very entertaining. And some videos of Fuwamoco singing.

Yeah it is. One day your friend sends you a clip of Miko yelling stay home as she snipes GTA pedestrians in the head. Next thing you know 80% of your youtube follows is anime muppets.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member

think of it this way. the Dodgers of the Major League Baseball are cool with having a whole game focused on them. and the biggest Twitch streamer now is a vtuber, Iron Mouse. it's not some super niche kinda deals these days. it's by no means really mainstream yet but it's fine to enjoy them if you like the content. there are so many different types of vtubers, not just in HoloLive but also in other organizations and even indie ones, you would definitely find some that suits your taste.

in order words, welcome to the dark side. :messenger_smiling_horns:

Last edited:
Top Bottom