• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaj

How come everyone else is getting neat new trailers...

We should be getting one this week. Unless they wait until Civil War comes out, which would be stupid on their part. They need a good trailer to get people in seats.

Also, quote from an interview with Duncan Jones:

"We've seen an awful lot of films where you spend 15, 20, 25 minutes watching epic battles and not actually being invested in any of the individual participants and I wanted something where you really cared about an individual and how it builds up for them personally when they come to their showdowns."

Yes. That's what I want to hear.

SilentRob

Some new character posters going out. These look better than some of the other marketing material:

tumblr_o59tr5pP5j1sk8j96o1_1280.jpg

Holy shit, i can't believe how bad that looks. This just makes the whole movie look like a cheap fan film. I love Warcraft's universe. But I just can't get myself to look forward to this. It just looks...cheap. And, well, yeah, a good trailer would help, too.

Houndi101

Warcraft fans looking for the latest news about the upcoming movie will want to pay attention to PAX East next week. It's been announced that writer/director Duncan Jones and actor Robert Kazinsky (Ogrim) will appear on a panel at the event to discuss "secrets" behind the upcoming movie.

The panel, which is titled "Warcraft: A Look Inside the Upcoming Cinematic Adventure," will take place on Saturday, April 23, starting at 4 PM EST. The show, held in the Main Theater, is expected to run for an hour.

According to the presentation's official description, Jones and Kazinsky will "reveal just how they transformed the Blizzard universe of heroes and villains who have captivated millions into Legendary's epic cinematic adventure."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/warcraft-movie-secrets-to-be-discussed-at-pax-east/1100-6438836/

Loxley

Cover for the prequel graphic novel from IGN:

h7NfIlb.jpg

Discover how three of Azeroth’s greatest champions forged their first alliance, in the official graphic prequel to the Warcaft movie from Legendary, Universal Pictures and Blizzard Entertainment.

In a fantasy action epic set decades before the film, the young and headstrong Llane, Lothar, and Medivh embark on a mission of vengeance that will forge them into heroes… the kind of heroes Azeroth will need in its darkest hour.

Story by: Chris Metzen

Written by: Paul Cornell

Art by: Mat Broome, Michael O’Hare, Eddie Nunez, Roy Allan Martinez, Ale Garza, Mike Bowden

Cover Artist: Kevin Tong

112 page hardcover graphic novel

$24.99

Release date: June 7th

Finaj

I'm going to be so pissed if this film turns out to be good but is taken down from its own terrible marketing.

kurahador

What's up with marketing departments being suck all around aside from Disney's? Urghhh...

That fucking music. Trailer is pretty good too and is now wasted.

strafer

They should use the official score as the trailer music...or use the music from Warcraft or World of Warcraft, I don't care. Just dont have fucking dubstep in my fantasy movie.

isny

napkin dispenser
Is that graphic novel written by the same Paul Cornell from Doctor Who ?

Also, Magni looking super CG...actually...all the dwarves looking super CG =/

Uhhh... the marketing for this movie is really, really bad.

I couldn't even finish watching that trailer and I'm excited for this movie. Yuck, that music.

SilentRob

As a huge Warcraft fan I have to say - I don't even like what I see. This just looks like schlock in the vein of Gods of Egypt I wouldn't pay any attention to, if it weren't for that name. The marketing just makes it so much worse.

Finaj

For those of you wondering, the film's soundtrack by Ramin Djawadi was very Warcraft-sounding from the SDCC footage.

Unfortunately, we have nothing official because they can't be bothered to use anything actually from the soundtrack.

>_<

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I'm going to be so pissed if this film turns out to be good but is taken down from its own terrible marketing.

3OcTYCu.jpg

Seriously, how can the marketing be this bad? The footage looks good (enough), but that music is so out of place.. sigh.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I hope this is good and successful if it is and I don't even plan on watching it.
But them getting this right I feel could have cool consequences even more so than this failing and AC getting it right(Cause I assume AC will use way less CGI).
But if this rules the gates are open on any property I feel like if done right.

Denali

That trailer looked better than anything I've seen up until now, and I've been very skeptical. Looks decent enough. I'll be seeing it. The music wasn't great, but I wasn't offended by it and it didn't really detract from the trailer for me.

-griffy-

Banned
I feel bad for Duncan. Seems like he's worked really hard on the film and thinks it's quite good. Universal is kind of taking him on a ride with the release date shuffle and marketing.

Dead

well not really...yet
I don't think anyone has ever done as much pre damage control on a twitter account prior to a movie release like Jones has done here

FeD.nL

hmm

http://i.imgur.com/CitMeC4.png[/IM][/QUOTE]

Yeah was about to post that.

Duncan must be pulling his hairs out because of the monkeys that are doing the marketing for his film.

I'm 100% that film is fully scored at this point, just use that!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That trailer was fucking terrible

Fire the marketing team, it bored me and I've been excited for the movie. Imagine the reaction of the average viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom