• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loxley

I wish they went the Black Flag route with the AssCreed movie.

Tropical areas are more fun and interesting than desert shit.

It would also be slightly more believable for a ginger, Irish-German actor to play a Welsh Assassin than a Spaniard :p

I think it's a mistake to attach a subtitle like that to a movie that may not get a sequel. There is no doubt that this will have cult following in the worst case scenario that the movie bombs and it will just hurt knowing that there could have been more.

Finaj

I was more interested when Sam Rami was attached, but if they throw in a Leeroy Jenkins shoutout I'll go see it.

I like Sam Rami as a director, but the story he was offering had issues and Blizzard wasn't a fan of it either.

-New human protagonist that doesn't exist in the lore
-Horde and Orcs portrayed as evil and the Alliance is good; incredibly basic morality
-Takes place between Warcraft 3 and WoW. There isn't enough time in a movie to get through that much exposition

Effect

I still wish we could get a decent trailer cut for this. I've seen the new spots and they still aren't good. None of the trailers are invoking any excitement in me and I love the Warcraft universe and games. I'm still going to see the film but I wish I felt this desire or need to see it.

Tacitus_

Well it is the beginning of the Warcraft story, as in "hey you know WoW or Hearthstone? Here's how it started"

Though it kinda does imply sequels too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't see that happening. I have seen the trailer draw laughs in theaters, this has massive disaster written all over it.

What make people laugh in the trailer exactly? Some scene in particular, or is it "Warcraft? lol nerd movie!"

I like all the talent in this movie, but I think the costume designs for the humans are so bad and that's what's making me not visually vibe with the film.

I hope it looks a lot better on the big screen

raphier

Banned
Are you really comparing two of the oldest and most successful ips in history to warcraft?

No disrespect to warcraft it's brand is strong but it isn't even anywhere near batman and superman.
Warcraft has its own convention and a theme park. Does batman?

TDLink

Warcraft has its own convention and a theme park. Does batman?

Are you serious?

Warcraft is big but it doesn't hold a candle to Batman at all. Don't be delusional.

And yes, while Warcraft has Blizzcon (which is not just dedicated to Warcraft), Batman has...well basically every comic-focused convention.

Six Flags has DC themed/branded Batman attractions as well.

Loxley

JMjGGJj.jpg

raphier

Banned
Are you serious?

Warcraft is big but it doesn't hold a candle to Batman at all. Don't be delusional.

And yes, while Warcraft has Blizzcon (which is not just dedicated to Warcraft), Batman has...well basically every comic-focused convention.

Six Flags has DC themed/branded Batman attractions as well.
Blizzcon started as Wow focused celebration. I think China enjoys warcraft much more than Batman. That alone almost guarantees warcraft movie's success, he'll like I said they have this huge, successful but illegal theme park, size of Disney land.

Let's just wait and see how receptive the audience will be in the west.

raphier

Banned
You're living in the clouds if you think warcraft is anywhere near batman. Asterix has a theme park guess he's bigger than batman too.
This summer we'll see who has stronger legs ;) that's the beauty of movies, they can quickly destroy or elevate a brand to heaven.

TDLink

This summer we'll see who has stronger legs ;)

I have a good feeling that Warcraft will have a better critical reception than BvS, but there's no way it performs better than it. BvS has a weekend all to itself far away from all of the other blockbusters. Warcraft has competition on its release weekend as well as the previous and following weekends.

And that's before taking into account that Batman and Superman are bigger IPs worldwide.

Finaj

This is gonna crater, it's 10 years too late for a wow movie. Hope I'm wrong - love Duncan's work.

It's not a WoW movie. It's characters, plot and setting are based on the 1994 RTS Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, as well as the Warcraft novels "That Last Guardian" and "Rise of the Horde."

aerts1js

It's not a WoW movie. It's characters, plot and setting are based on the 1994 RTS Warcraft: Orcs and Humans, as well as the Warcraft novels "That Last Guardian" and "Rise of the Horde."

The average joe thinks of warcraft as that online game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom