• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Warcraft' Movie Post-Production |OT| 20 months of...hype? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Yo should watch Mist of Pandaria openening movie if you want a comparaison betwwen orc and human "body" since they're fighting in that one.

Warcraft human males are an order of magnitude more buff and bulky than actual humans though. Having actual humans interact with a traditional looking warcraft orc like doomhammer seems to be...It will be interesting how they manage that

Orcs are a fair bit larger than humans. MoP opening cinematic:
Ls4b0.jpg

I love that moment. Gotta love Blizzard's intro movies.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I played and loved WoW for over 5 years so I really hope this is good. Ragnar is in it so fingers crossed.

Tacitus_

Doesn't arguably mean anything. Durotan certainly wasn't the main character in Warcraft 1, or even mentioned in the what is more or less the novelization of the game, The Last Guardian.

I wouldn't expect them, this is supposed to cover the First War and that was purely between the human kingdom of Stormwind and the Orcish Horde.

Loxley

So this is pretty cool, I picked up that issue of Wired with the images of Orgrim and read the article about the history of ILM that went with it. Cary Phillips, ILM's Research & Development Supervisor of 20+ years, said this:

"There have been three times in my 20 years at ILM that I've almost soiled myself looking at a challenge we were going to take on. The first was the concept art for Star Wars: Episode 1. The second time was Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. The third time I almost soiled myself was seeing the concept art for the film we're working on now, Warcraft, it's the most amazing work we've done in the 20 years I've been here. "

I think a lot of folks were guessing that Warcraft would be done by some B-team at ILM, but it sounds like the film is going to be the next big step forward for them as a studio. Man I can't wait to see some footage.

Loxley

Legendary have been hyping the shit out of the movie on Twitter in preparation for their SDCC panel on Saturday. Plus it has been all but confirmed that we'll be getting a teaser trailer as well.

Blizzard also announced an official prequel comic book to the movie titled, "Warcraft: Bonds of Brotherhood" which will release in May of 2016. I'd post links but I'm on my phone atm.

Legendary have been hyping the shit out of the movie on Twitter in preparation for their SDCC panel on Saturday. Plus it has been all but confirmed that we'll be getting a teaser trailer as well.

Blizzard also announced an official prequel comic book to the movie titled, "Warcraft: Bonds of Brotherhood" which will release in May of 2016. I'd post links but I'm on my phone atm.

Oh man that's awesome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

But will they go the Pacific Rim route and not release the teaser for several months? ;P

Nokterian

Sweeet! Trailer tomorrow i can't wait :D

deadlast

Oh man oh man oh man.... I can't wait. Is the movie still scheduled for March 2016?

FeD.nL

Goddamn, so excited. Can't wait for this film. Probably a more finished version of the footage they showed at blizzcon?

Animator

I think a lot of folks were guessing that Warcraft would be done by some B-team at ILM, but it sounds like the film is going to be the next big step forward for them as a studio. Man I can't wait to see some footage.

There are no "B team" at studios. What a stupid idea.

Warcraft 1 and possible movie spoilers

Interesting decision that Stormwind looks exactly like it does in WOW given that it's going to be completely destroyed at the end of the movie :)

CassSept

Warcraft 1 and possible movie spoilers

Interesting decision that Stormwind looks exactly like it does in WOW given that it's going to be completely destroyed at the end of the movie :)

I can see statues at the entrance too, which is weird considering in the game these are of heroes of Warcraft II

Won

Everything about this looks so damn weird. And I have no idea yet if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Hope the trailer can finally clear this up for me.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Is it possible that this movie is actually a retelling of Warcraft, hence the shot of Stormwind is from "the present", as in WoW-era?

They could basically be teasing the sequels within the first movie itself, so that newcomers understand how this isn't just one movie. Otherwise, the way the movie would end might disappoint a lot of people who don't know about Warcraft's lore. But by saying "here is what happened up to now", they would already know that the end of the first movie can't really end in the traditional way, much like people knew the end of Fellowship wasn't the end, but everyone knew that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom