• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I wish that the vectis prime was actually good lol, I love how it handles especially with depleted reload since you can shoot and hit reload to slot in another round instantly and go again.

But the thing just does such inconstant damage. I feel like the vectis prime needs a base crit chance of 50% so with point strike it would sit at 125% crit, that might actually make it worth using over the other snipers. Because as it is I feel like every other sniper is better.

Arrrammis

I wish that the vectis prime was actually good lol, I love how it handles especially with depleted reload since you can shoot and hit reload to slot in another round instantly and go again.

But the thing just does such inconstant damage. I feel like the vectis prime needs a base crit chance of 50% so with point strike it would sit at 125% crit, that might actually make it worth using over the other snipers. Because as it is I feel like every other sniper is better.

Even with those issues, I still feel like Vectis (or Vectis Prime with depleted Reload) is my favorite sniper. Something about basically having a single bottomless magazine so you can keep firing forever feels really good to me on a sniper, since I don't have to manage my shots to avoid a 5+ second reload every few shots. Plus, the charged chamber damage on every shot is very welcome!

derFeef

I got sucked into this again, after only playing Trinity for a while and not really feeleing it anymore - I finally claimed my twitch prime and got to play with Frost for a bit. It's different enough to be fun again. I really want Nidus but the grind seems to take a while. I only completed the Archwing quest right now and two other ones, so this will take a lot of time I guess...

Jellie

I got sucked into this again, after only playing Trinity for a while and not really feeleing it anymore - I finally claimed my twitch prime and got to play with Frost for a bit. It's different enough to be fun again. I really want Nidus but the grind seems to take a while. I only completed the Archwing quest right now and two other ones, so this will take a lot of time I guess...

I'm in theh same spot. I was on PS4 quit for a year came back, quit for 2 years. Saw Nidus and came back 5 forma'd nidus and left then just moved to PC this week. I want Nidus again.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Even with those issues, I still feel like Vectis (or Vectis Prime with depleted Reload) is my favorite sniper. Something about basically having a single bottomless magazine so you can keep firing forever feels really good to me on a sniper, since I don't have to manage my shots to avoid a 5+ second reload every few shots. Plus, the charged chamber damage on every shot is very welcome!

Yeah it's absolutely a blast to use not to mention one of my favorite guns in the whole game because of exactly what you said, it's insanely satisfying to just shoot and slam reload to throw in another shot and snap to another target to blast them away. Also it's very good for almost everything you'll normally end up doing, like mine handled the sniper only sortie easily today but it just needs a little push to be a truly great weapon.

It's just a shame that snipers are in a wonky place. Maybe if they just all had innate punch through or something?

Manzoon

Banned
It's just a shame that snipers are in a wonky place. Maybe if they just all had innate punch through or something?

The Lanka has innate punch through, as does the Opticor (although not really a sniper rifle). Snipers are just weird because of the fast pace of the game, and how there are other extremely powerful weapons that can kill things in the general direction you shoot. I feel like they only shine in specific open tiles and against the tougher enemies.

I've been on that Nidus grind for a bit. Looks like a cool frame but boy oh boy, I've only gotten two pieces and they were both duplicates...

Lanka's travel time is murder though.

I really love the Vulkar Wraith. Has a forgiving magazine and the Purity augment from Loka is just extra damage. Plus it's got a great sound to firing.

goblin

I'd love if sniper rifles had innate punch through and a bonus against nullifier bubbles or something. Scope sway should go, too. What should be the most accurate weapons in the game are the only ones that actively work against you making precise shots at long range.

All that said, I love the Vectis Prime with Depleted Reload because it feels like reload canceling the Widow from ME3 MP.

man 60 razorbacks and nothing :/

FUCK YOU RNGGOD!!!

I only did 40 kills and also drew dead on archwing mods! I admire your perseverance.

Strider

Was able to get a group together tonight easily for Lephantis using Alliance chat :D

Completed the Patient Zero quest as well because I wanted to start farming Mesa... but I feel like farming that frame is gonna be a bitch because of the amount of Mutalist Alad V coordinates you need for crafting the key... Then the battle with RNG of course.

I'd love if sniper rifles had innate punch through and a bonus against nullifier bubbles or something. Scope sway should go, too. What should be the most accurate weapons in the game are the only ones that actively work against you making precise shots at long range.

All that said, I love the Vectis Prime with Depleted Reload because it feels like reload canceling the Widow from ME3 MP.

I only did 40 kills and also drew dead on archwing mods! I admire your perseverance.

Wanted to see how far RNGgod was willing to go to fuck with me :/

At least i leveled my archwing equipment and got a condition overload out of the whole ordeal so it wasn't a complete waste. Now i need to get back polymer

Manzoon

Banned
Lanka's travel time is murder though.

I really love the Vulkar Wraith. Has a forgiving magazine and the Purity augment from Loka is just extra damage. Plus it's got a great sound to firing.

I'll certainly give it a shot. I just recently put one together and was leveling my Vectis Prime. I usually use a Lanka for those sniper only sorties, the raw elemental damage is pretty strong.

How is the Snipetron Vandal? I also just finished getting the parts for one of those.

So I thought I'd share a cool story that happened to me yesterday.

So, I had been farming the Nikana Prime blade at IO all day long. Literally all day since I need three of the things... and then some. I need 3 blades and two sets of everything else. I need to sacrifice one blade to the syndicate, one needs to be used to build the entire Nikana... to sacrifice to the syndicate... and the rest is one for myself.

Little did I know that this must be some sort of inside joke. One of those hazing type of things. Because 5 hours of farming later and only one flipping Meso N4 dropped which has a chance to drop the blade... But the previous day I burned through 4 old Vaulted Neo relics that had the blade that I happened to have... and got 4 common drops in a row... So I figured that I would spend a bit farming 4 Meso's for today so I keep on farming. 5 hours later and... nothing.

During that time, every time I joined a group people would ask me what I was farming for and I would tell them what I told you. At hour 10 I decide to give up and try to radshare the only one I got that day. After about a half hour I found a full group. Did the mission and... common drop. Told one of the fellows in chat who asked what I was trying for that I was going to go back to farming relics but he said that he actually had 2 more Meso's that I could have. We go to his dojo and he trades me the Meso's. I was ecstatic. I only had the traces for one of them though. So we go to farm for a bit since there was a void fissure open on IO and we farmed up a few relics and traces, none of which of coarse, where Meso N4's.

We then go to do one last radshare. Tried for an hour and couldn't get a full group so only went with 3. To my complete surprise... all commons. I was beside myself. I told the guy the other one would have to wait till tomorrow. I was too tired. He said ok but before I do I should meet him at his dojo.

I go and he want's to trade and I figure he's gonna give me another relic. But then I see that he puts a blade there and said that it was a step in the right direction... I almost cried. I was so happy. I asked what he wanted in return and he said whatever junk I had. So I decided to give him one of the 2 Nyx Prime systems BP's that I had left over from farming Prime parts a week or two ago. I told him I was going to sell it but that this was worth it. He had been such a great help. Man was he happy. Warframe friends for life right there.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Some really, really cool peeps playing this game. A really nice community. So far, and yeah I did some math based on personal experience, for every 1 dumb player I've come across I've come across 8 cool people who are patient and want to help.

The only other good thing that happened that day was had a War blueprint drop from the stalker. I don't know how significant (or insignificant based on my luck) that is but it's something because I think I already had everything else he drops.

so in the end 66 runs and nada, oh well.

Also i can build 10 gorgon wraiths :/

Now for polymer since a nekros and a valkyr are pissed with me right now D:

So I thought I'd share a cool story that happened to me yesterday.

So, I had been farming the Nikana Prime blade at IO all day long. Literally all day since I need three of the things... and then some. I need 3 blades and two sets of everything else. I need to sacrifice one blade to the syndicate, one needs to be used to build the entire Nikana... to sacrifice to the syndicate... and the rest is one for myself.

huh? every syndicate needs just a piece of a prime frame or weapon and not the entire thing so you are actually good with 2 blades (one for the syndicate, one for your self).

unless i misunderstood what you are saying.

As for the other part yea there are some good people in this game, even when i started a good Samaritan helped me out and hooked even me up with a prime set asking for nothing in return. I also have friends that would spot me anything i needed (once they had it) but i usually run with them to see if RNG God would be kind and personally to show that effort is being made and its just hampered by a mostly cruel deity. :p

so in the end 66 runs and nada, oh well.

Also i can build 10 gorgon wraiths :/

Now for polymer since a nekros and a valkyr are pissed with me right now D:

huh? every syndicate needs just a piece of of a prime frame or weapon and not the entire thing so you are actually good with 2 blades (one for the syndicate, one for your self).

unless i misunderstood what you are saying.

As for the other part yea there are some good people in this game, even when i started a good Samaritan helped me out and hooked even me up with a prime set asking for nothing in return. I also have friends that would spot me anything i needed (once they had it) but i usually run with them to see if RNG God would be kind and personally to show that effort is being made and its just hampered by a mostly cruel deity. :p

OH. MAH. GAAAAAW!

I can't believe how stupid I feel right now.

I just figured out what happened...

I went to the wiki and had a glance at the perrin sequences' sacrifices back when I was looking at my Nek build since they have the mods I need... I only glanced at it and saw this...
in the list near the top with the words Nikana Prime blade next to it... My brain took that to mean the whole thing instead of just the blade part. Especially after seeing this
as the image shown in game when checking to see what the next sacrifice would be at the console. I took it to mean that this must be a sacrifice that I didn't see in the list before when I glanced at it and I never went to check again... Until just now.

I am so freaking happy right now. On top of feeling raly dum.

derFeef

Sooo, the WIKI is essential to play this game? :D
It is a bit better now with showing what you need for a Warframe or weapon, but still not showing where to get it from, or war Mission has a chance to drop it.

That said, I am still progressing through the planets and waiting for Missions to be in my range (lvl range means Warframe lvl?) so maybe I get something by accident ;)

also this game looks just amazing in 4K.

VandalD

It is a bit better now with showing what you need for a Warframe or weapon, but still not showing where to get it from, or war Mission has a chance to drop it.

That said, I am still progressing through the planets and waiting for Missions to be in my range (lvl range means Warframe lvl?) so maybe I get something by accident ;)

Definitely good to have the wiki up. Enemy level range isn't something you can match up to your frame or weapon levels and know you can handle it. You just have to go in and see for yourself. The mission levels you can get through largely depend on you having ranked up damage mods for your weapons, and just getting better weapons. Helps to have more health on your frame too.

derFeef

Thanks for the info!
Yeah I noticed some "low level" missions were actually pretty tough.
I would also like an invite to the Clan - id is derFeef just like here :)

I will say when I quit this game years ago it was because of how impenetrable it was. Now I'm more used to using wikis for games and it's great.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

not necessarily essential, because once your codex starts filling up it actually has useful information about drop locations and such, but the wiki is definitely easier to use

Manzoon

Banned
I imagine the 'What the hell is going on' factor is huge now, especially if a higher ranked player is in a game with you and a death squad is sent after them. That would be rough early on.

The most important thing starting out that you can do though is to look up the different damage types on the wiki. Doing the right kind of damage to different enemies will go a long way in that jump from early to mid game, before you have a ton of different mods.

I remember having to farm the cold damage mod specifically for secondaries back in the day.

Manzoon

Banned
I put a lot of thought into my first sentinel too, and was watching dps races of dethcube killing captain vor, haha. That was a pointless amount of hand wringing.

VandalD

I put a lot of thought into my first sentinel too, and was watching dps races of dethcube killing captain vor, haha. That was a pointless amount of hand wringing.
It's funny to me that they made Taxon as the newbie sentinel, but it turns out its weapon is one of the best ones to use just because of its guaranteed cold proc. Sentinel damage never matters, but it's pretty useful to have a little extra CC on anything that gets close. It also helps keep Growing Power up.
Corrosive projection aura alert is current up, get it ASAP if you are a new player.
Just taxid iosefe to the alert. Said they couldn't even see it. I didn't know they made alerts you can't get to invisible. Or is that not what happened there? It was confusing, but iosefe was still able to get the aura.

derFeef

Since this game came out I put 25 hours into it, 6 or so in the last 2 days ;) A lot of stuff I am reading here is like foreign language. I only learned that a potato is something important, haha. I just do missions I have not done before and am happy that I can craft some things too.

Also those capture and hold missions - are those generally considered bad/hard? because wow those are bad/hard. Not doable solo.

VandalD

Also those capture and hold missions - are those generally considered bad/hard? because wow those are bad/hard. Not doable solo.
Totally doable solo. In fact, you capture points much faster when solo than you do in a group, capturing a node on your own. It's certainly much more casual in a group since everyone can just hold their point. The biggest barrier to doing interception alone is learning to move quickly. Once you learn to bullet jump (crouch, look where you want to go, and jump!), it becomes pretty manageable.

Manzoon

Banned
It's funny to me that they made Taxon as the newbie sentinel, but it turns out its weapon is one of the best ones to use just because of its guaranteed cold proc. Sentinel damage never matters, but it's pretty useful to have a little extra CC on anything that gets close. It also helps keep Growing Power up.

Taxon didn't exist back when I started playing, and those videos were all pre-movement 2.0, just me starting out in the game and having no clue what was actually a priority. The Wyrm Prime laser is the only thing I've catalysed as far as sentinel weapons go, did that back when it was the only Primed sentinel. Been mostly using my Helios since there has been so much new shit to scan since I started playing again.

I have so many good utility mods for sentinels that I don't think I'm going to even put the basic shooty bang bang mod on them. I'm so glad that vacuum can be put on everything, also glad they fixed that vacuum bug that made it impossible to pick up anything sucked up by it.

derFeef

Totally doable solo. In fact, you capture points much faster when solo than you do in a group, capturing a node on your own. It's certainly much more casual in a group since everyone can just hold their point. The biggest barrier to doing interception alone is learning to move quickly. Once you learn to bullet jump (crouch, look where you want to go, and jump!), it becomes pretty manageable.

Yeah I have the movement down I think but ouff I tried and failed every time. I am always half the progress of the enemy. Maybe a Warframe with damage or aoe powers would help in that case. I am playing with Trinity (but maybe I will buy one or two others, no shame...)

Manzoon

Banned
Yeah I have the movement down I think but ouff I tried and failed every time. I am always half the progress of the enemy. Maybe a Warframe with damage or aoe powers would help in that case. I am playing with Trinity (but maybe I will buy one or two others, no shame...)

The capture targets seem to be really resistant to Crowd Control stuff now, so you probably just need stronger weapons or better mods. Volt with his speed buff is the best way to chase them down. If you do buy frames, just get full prime sets from the trade channel, way cheaper than buying them from the actual store (although you do have to build them and reactor them).

Dantero

I laugh every time I see that Darvo deal, because it's still more expensive than any of the prime weapons outside of a few in demand outliers.

I always think buying from the store is more to support the devs than to gain an advantage because of just how expensive everything is and how simple they are to obtain by playing the game and/or trading.

Manzoon

Banned
I always think buying from the store is more to support the devs than to gain an advantage because of just how expensive everything is and how simple they are to obtain by playing the game and/or trading.
Well, buying plat (which I've done) is how you support them, not necessarily their market items. I've dumped plenty of plat into cosmetics and the like, but not going to pay for the weapons and frames as those are the main reward for playing the game for me.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's kind of funny that buying primes is cheaper than buying the regular version in the store.

It gets even more funny when you realize raising the 45p to afford saryn prime is about 10 times faster than actually farming out the parts from saryn because of how the boss is gated.

Arrrammis

Here's a fun idea, if you want to show off Warframe to a friend who might be interested or wants to see what it can be like, what kind of clip do you show them? I sometimes mention Warframe when discussing games with friends who are looking for something new to play, and it's always hard to find videos/clips that aren't about optimal farming/exploits or from the dev streams. It can be your clips or someone else's, but what clips sum up Warframe for you?

goblin

Warning away from buying market frames or weapons with plat and explaining to them that those prices a terrible barometer for Warframe's F2P system is mission #1 for me anytime I've introduced a friend to the game.

Just about the only frames you might justify buying if you're flush with plat are Mesa, Equinox and maybe Ivara if you can't stand Spy.

Having some AoE CC or damage would definitely help if you're trying to solo Interception. I'm so far removed from the new player experience post-Star Chart changes that I don't really know in what order you get frames anymore, but I think some early possibilities are Rhino, Frost or Ember.

Something about Interception hat may not be self-evident is that each point has two consoles, and enemies can only flip blue points by hacking one of them. Once they start trying to hack a console you'll hear the alarm noise and the appropriate point's letter (next to your mini-map) will start blinking, giving you a few seconds of leeway to kill or otherwise knock them away from the console to stop the hack. Enemies usually stream to one point at a time so you can sort of tell where they might be going and pre-empt them once you're familiar enough with the maps.

Here's a fun idea, if you want to show off Warframe to a friend who might be interested or wants to see what it can be like, what kind of clip do you show them? I sometimes mention Warframe when discussing games with friends who are looking for something new to play, and it's always hard to find videos/clips that aren't about optimal farming/exploits or from the dev streams. It can be your clips or someone else's, but what clips sum up Warframe for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vuJitrbTFY&t=2m44s

This gave me, and a few others, the itch to play again. The only downside is that it's 31 min long.

ViviOggi

Doesn't sum up everything there is to Warframe but I literally just showed this clip of Ash's anime mode to a friend 5 minutes ago

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

Literally on sunday one of my friends was curious about warframe but he was apprehensive since he thought it was just about the guns which disappointed him because he is a melee kinda guy, so I showed him my two speed volt videos so he could see what's possible with melee and just how crazy the abilities can get. So he decided to give it a shot on the spot lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X2jq-f0Gas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnk6zeBRug4

Personally I like my original video more but the second one has the wayyy better build (because it goes a lot faster)

But unless you have some one explaining what is going on while watching the videos the person might not get as excited about the possibilities that this brings. My friend got excited the moment I mentioned to him that the only gimmicks here are a decently built melee weapon with some self sustain and an ability that speeds me up. That level of creativity around how you wanna make your character work is what warframe is to me.

Some Nobody

I was thinking about coming back to this game. Last time I played it was June 2015, and I was impressed at the changes it'd made just in that time period. I stopped playing b/c life got kinda...weird for me.

How different is the game since that time period? I hadn't gotten super experienced with the game even then, so I wouldn't have known about any late game stuff.

Naite

Had a dream where DE brought back in coptering and that I unveiled a dual zoren riven with +150% attack speed.

I was incredibly sad when I woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom