• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzoon

Banned
Gonna need to try that Ash build....

Also on another note Despoil with Equilibrium is kinda broken lol

That was the original thing to do way back when. I've currently somehow rigged the numbers where a Rejuvenate aura is keeping me topped off, never have to turn the power off while polymer farming.

Today I finally put Vauban Prime in the oven after some tense Nitain farming... After using all my Nitain reserves I am begging to see what the real grind is here.

Also, got my first sortie riven and second riven overall.

r1cShGb.png

I haven't used the mutalist quanta or even the og one so I don't really know if it's good but I'm guessing reroll.

I'll be putting the quanta in the oven shortly.

So i just got in game a couple of days ago with whole twitch prime and lets just say im hooked i think iv done all the junctions iv got nekro prime in the oven and valkry prime once i get the nitrate extract for her last part . Realized i dont have clan yet and thought i should check gaf so Hi.

Ign: Whitephantomzx

How different is the game since that time period? I hadn't gotten super experienced with the game even then, so I wouldn't have known about any late game stuff.

Movement, primarily, shifted dramatically. Also the method on acquiring primes changed. More guns and mods have been added and a bunch of frames play a lot differently, I think maybe Excal hadn't even had his first rework yet.

Tabby

Any info on what is getting unvaulted next?

If I had to guess, probably Loki and Nyx Prime around December time seeing as how they're next on the list; if we're following the pattern of release date and one male/female.

Loki's PA came with Bo and Wyrm Prime while Nyx's PA Hikou and Scindo Prime.

Steam stats: 80hrs on record, last played....Jan 2014.

About to play it for the first time since, excited for all of the changes that'll overwhelm me.

VandalD

New weapons? But I didn't pay for the season pass. What is going on here.

Both weapons are now researching in the energy lab! Now to find some argon.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Reinstalled this after a year long break.

Did they ever include some way to check weapon mastery while browsing weapons?

Reinstalled this after a year long break.

Did they ever include some way to check weapon mastery while browsing weapons?

As in the mastery rank needed? if so then no iirc

They did add how many formas you have on your frames and weapons while selecting them from your inventory.

Haly

No i mean which ones I haven't mastered. It was always a pain trying to remember whether I've mastered something or not.

EDIT: Archwing is still dog doodoo

iosefe

No i mean which ones I haven't mastered. It was always a pain trying to remember whether I've mastered something or not.

EDIT: Archwing is still dog doodoo

in the codex, look at your weapons for the wreath symbol. if it's mastered, it will show the wreath

The crashing + fans going out of control thing happened when I was playing GW2 yesterday and looking it up apparently someone else had the same issue and found out his display driver was crashing leading to the issues.

For some updating to new or really old drivers fixed the problem but for some it did not.

For anyone who has the same issue (screen goes black and fans start going all out) then try updating your drivers.

Also it's way too late to mention something like this but having a ship take the place of the intro menu when you log in is really cool. I remember old Warframe had just a menu to select things so being able to walk around a ship with all your stuff in it adds a lot.

VandalD

The crashing + fans going out of control thing happened when I was playing GW2 yesterday and looking it up apparently someone else had the same issue and found out his display driver was crashing leading to the issues.

For some updating to new or really old drivers fixed the problem but for some it did not.

For anyone who has the same issue (screen goes black and fans start going all out) then try updating your drivers.

Also it's way too late to mention something like this but having a ship take the place of the intro menu when you log in is really cool. I remember old Warframe had just a menu to select things so being able to walk around a ship with all your stuff in it adds a lot.
Hope that's fixed your problem. Computer issues can be a real pain.
Who brings a speed Nova in a sortie defense where slow as shit snipers are what's allowed?

People can be impatient but jeeze
The proper way to speed up a sortie defense is to just bring Mesa and kill everything. Problem solved! Even works on limited weapon sorties. Going speed Nova for a sortie is a silly thing unless you're in an arranged group.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Who brings a speed Nova in a sortie defense where slow as shit snipers are what's allowed?

People can be impatient but jeeze

Lol jeez whyyyy, I get that 10 waves with snipers only can take forever but it also takes forever if you're getting overrun and no one can kill stuff because they have no breathing rooms. Also it looks like DE fixed the "your other weapons are still secretly equipped" bug in weapon specific sorties so you can't cheese them with exalted weapons.

VandalD

Lol jeez whyyyy, I get that 10 waves with snipers only can take forever but it also takes forever if you're getting overrun and no one can kill stuff because they have no breathing rooms. Also it looks like DE fixed the "your other weapons are still secretly equipped" bug in weapon specific sorties so you can't cheese them with exalted weapons.
But I totally did that today with Mesa.

derFeef

What are your guys favourite Warframe?
I have Trinity still from Vanilla but somehow I am not having fun anymore with her. Then I got Frost Prime from Twitch and I really enjoy him. I stillw an that Nidus or Harrow also looks sweet - even if I should probably get some offensive power Warframe to mix it up some.

ViviOggi

I have Trinity still from Vanilla but somehow I am not having fun anymore with her. Then I got Frost Prime from Twitch and I really enjoy him. I stillw an that Nidus or Harrow also looks sweet - even if I should probably get some offensive power Warframe to mix it up some.

Ash, Rhino and Volt are my go-to all-purpose picks. I also like Inaros, Saryn, Mesa, Banshee, Mag and Valkyr a lot. Still missing a bunch of frames though

Manzoon

Banned
My all time favorite used to be Zephyr, she still has insane movement but the bullet jumping stole a bit of her thunder. Vauban is a close second, his kit is so ding dang useful, but I haven't used many of the newer frames that much. Still working on this Nidus runs...

Haly

Mesa is waifu. Titania next, unfortunately Archwing is shit so Titania is shit.

VandalD

Mesa. She's just so cool and has a great skillset.
Yep, gotta be Mesa for me too. Powerful, fun, and stylish. Very close runner up would be Ivara. The only reason I prefer Mesa is because I tend to like doing damage more than being support. Not that Ivara can't do good damage. She's just not a room clearer like Mesa.
Mesa is waifu. Titania next, unfortunately Archwing is shit so Titania is shit.
I think the main thing making me not like Titania is the fact that you lose vacuum while in archwing mode. Ridiculous to have to fly through stuff to pick it up or continually go in and out of the mode. And she's pretty terrible at surviving while not in archwing.

Nova is awesome and powerful, and the energy ponytail is cute.

I have a newfound appreciation for Trinity (Prime); support characters are generally rather boring, but you can get pretty busy with her keeping buffs up. And the Prime version looks awesome, which is always important.

Inaros is a more interesting tank than Rhino (who still deserves respect).

Nekros Prime comes out every time I need something.

Mirage I kind of want to like because I like the theme and she looks fun, but I haven't invested enough in her yet. Same for Equinox.

I'm sure I'll like Mesa when I manage to grind the parts one day. I have one Alad V key already. I did the Equinox grind so I'm ready for a staring contest with the game. Bring it on.
:(

derFeef

Mesa looks neat indeed!
I looked into the Wiki for component requirements and what to farm. My brain explodes...
Farm this, but you need a key for that first, which you have to farm.. oh boy. I almost need a graph for what I really need to do in what order it seems... too bad the game does not provide you with the required things like in a log or something.

Mesa looks neat indeed!
I looked into the Wiki for component requirements and what to farm. My brain explodes...
Farm this, but you need a key for that first, which you have to farm.. oh boy. I almost need a graph for what I really need to do in what order it seems... too bad the game does not provide you with the required things like in a log or something.
This is why I just bought mesa and equinox. Too much hassle.

And we farmed uphill both ways Sonny and we were damn happy to do it!

Titania seriously needs a full kit re-examination. Her 4 is the only thing to build for on her.

Manzoon

Banned
And we farmed uphill both ways Sonny and we were damn happy to do it!

Titania seriously needs a full kit re-examination. Her 4 is the only thing to build for on her.

From the little bit that I used her while leveling to max, all of her powers seemed useful, especially three. She was the most fun I've had with the newer frames so far.

On a side note, me and my buddy neglected Mesa because we thought she was still nerfed into the dirt, but low and behold she has actually received a huge buff since the fall of the 360 degree Peacemaker days.

I also really like Nova Prime and was using her a lot, but it seems like I'm always taking Loki Prime with Irradiated Disarm to the sorties each day. I've been using Ember Prime a lot since she's the only one I have with a Zenurik lens on, stealing all that affinity with world on fire.

Edit: this game has been murder for autocorrect on my phone...

Rafy

When was ember prime unvaulted last? Just debating whether it's a good idea to use a potato on the regular one, if prime is not getting unvaulted any time soon

When was ember prime unvaulted last? Just debating whether it's a good idea to use a potato on the regular one, if prime is not getting unvaulted any time soon

It got unvaulted from Dec 6th to Jan 3rd. Luckily I was able to get one when they were cheap enough.

Valkyr was my Jam for a long time.

Now its varies tbh. Currently its Nova or Saryn or Loki

Arrrammis

Nyx is still my favorite frame (and I almost have Nyx Prime done cooking, so hyped!), my second is probably a tie between Nekros (That extra loot/health drop is super useful) and Oberon (great healing, plus rad procs and knockdown resist with his 2nd ability).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom