• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manzoon

Banned
The order doesn't matter too much for earlier quests, the ones that do matter will have the next quest locked until you complete the earlier one.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Finally completed War Within after taking a break. Got me hooked right back in lol. Really is one of the best games I have played.

VandalD

Finally completed War Withing after taking a break. Got me hooked right back in lol. Really is one of the best games I have played.
Harrow's quest is locked behind War Within, so you can do that too now. I liked Second Dream more than WW, but it was still a decent quest. I have a friend that had an absolutely terrible time with WW between it being bugged and just having trouble with the maws.
Hey guys, just started playing this, can i get an invite to the guild, ingame name is "Darktal".
Invited. As I've said to the others above, you should look into crafting your clan key once you join.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Harrow's quest is locked behind War Within, so you can do that too now. I liked Second Dream more than WW, but it was still a decent quest. I have a friend that had an absolutely terrible time with WW between it being bugged and just having trouble with the maws.

I liked Second Dream more as well, but
it had the luxury of a 200 hour build up to an amazing reveal.

JWiLL

Banned
I liked Second Dream more as well, but
it had the luxury of a 200 hour build up to an amazing reveal.

Yeah, Skill Up had a great video about the Second Dream and how it was one of those rare moments in gaming where the pay off of a big reveal landed/resonated with so many due to the almost unprecedented build up to that moment.

Mupod

I guess I had to make another clan key even though I was previously in the guild. I noticed last night and started building it, at least.

Funny thing about the Ninjas Pay $9.99 debacle is my excitement over it finally got my friend to try the game again. I couldn't even convince him to play it in 2013 when I was heavily into the game, lol.

I guess we can work through the story stuff together as I haven't really done anything since returning other than build my Arcwing and clear some alerts. I'll probably just put together some new level 1 gear to make it interesting. Looks like I can build an Acrid, I remember that being an infamous weapon back when I played...worth it?

VandalD

I guess I had to make another clan key even though I was previously in the guild. I noticed last night and started building it, at least.

Funny thing about the Ninjas Pay $9.99 debacle is my excitement over it finally got my friend to try the game again. I couldn't even convince him to play it in 2013 when I was heavily into the game, lol.

I guess we can work through the story stuff together as I haven't really done anything since returning other than build my Arcwing and clear some alerts. I'll probably just put together some new level 1 gear to make it interesting. Looks like I can build an Acrid, I remember that being an infamous weapon back when I played...worth it?
Whenever you leave a clan, you lose your clan key, so you'll always have to make a new one, even if you're rejoining the same clan.

Put it this way, using an Acrid with your friend will at least allow them to get some kills. Put another way, Acrid isn't that great. I think it has a niche use with Saryn maybe, but overall I'd say it's just there for mastery. Apparently Acrid used to be good because it ignored armor, but it doesn't do that anymore.

GoodNewsEveryone-625x350.jpg

We're moving up to Mountain Tier (300 cap!)

No more kicking inactive players! Don't forget, everyone can invite!

Got my guild thingy and still running around shooting and slicing things till dead. Absolutely having a blast and completely lost. I will continue to play missions and hope things click as from what I have gathered I just need to do missions level up my frame and weapons and keep collecting materials.

Thanks for the clan invite by the way.

VandalD

Good thing you increased the size , I'm sure even more people will join when PoE drop
Yeah, that was the thinking. When I posted earlier, I didn't quite realize how low we were running on long absent members. Besides we'll surely get a lot of people coming back, or starting for the first time, when PoE happens, so it just makes sense to do it now.
Got my guild thingy and still running around shooting and slicing things till dead. Absolutely having a blast and completely lost. I will continue to play missions and hope things click as from what I have gathered I just need to do missions level up my frame and weapons and keep collecting materials.

Thanks for the clan invite by the way.
You've got the right idea. Though if you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask in guild or alliance chat.

And no problem!
Is it like an ascension ceremoy where you can get loads of endo?
No, we just build the next tier of barracks and as soon as that room builds, our capacity increases. Though we are due for an ascension ceremony when the next round of dojo research comes around. It won't give nearly as much endo as the previous ceremony though, if you were around for that. The reason it gave so much endo before is because all of the dojo level ups were combined into one big burst of reward endo.
Would love an invite to the clan as well, name is xKadiNx. Thanks!
Will get you in ASAP!

Arrrammis

For anyone interested, someone on Reddit created a site for buying and selling Riven mods:
https://www.wftrader.com/index.php

I really like the layout, you can see all the stats of the mod as well as the username of the seller (and whether or not they're online). The main downside right now is that melee riven support hasn't been added (dev said it should come in the next week or so), otherwise it's a pretty great system!

Kadin

Just saw in chat that there's a free promo code for the Platinum store. FREESWORD in all caps gives ya a free heat sword. Have to relog after using it.

Izayoi

Banned
In terms of min-max, premade farming/sortie teams, yes. DE struggles with balancing old content (if they touch it at all) and Auras are pretty old. These are the worthwhile auras, whether for general use or for niche use. The others are all worthless.

Corrosive Projection (commonly abbreviated to CP, if you ever see "CP" in chat it's probably Corrosive)
Energy Siphon
Physique
Rejuvenation
Rifle Amp
Steel Charge
Sprint Boost (gotta go fast)
Speed Holster (I leveled this for some reason and I don't remember why, it was part of some niche build I was doing at the time)
Thanks for all of this information! I appreciate all of the advice that everyone has been so willing to provide.

---

I like Exalted Blade but I feel like maybe it's not the best ability for Excalibur, I see a lot if players using Javelin but never anyone using Blind, despite how much the internet adores it. Do you need the Augment for Blind to be truly effective?

Just saw in chat that there's a free promo code for the Platinum store. FREESWORD in all caps gives ya a free heat sword. Have to relog after using it.
This saved me as I just capped my starter sword last night.

Just picked a Syndicate, I'm going to be doing Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda in a 4/3 ratio based off their rewards and some guide I read on reddit.

Interesting the balancing act that you have to pull of when leveling several at once.

Arrrammis

Just a heads up, the heat sword from the FREESWORD code is worth hanging on to, it comes with a reactor installed (double mod capacity) as well as a free weapon slot.

VandalD

I like Exalted Blade but I feel like maybe it's not the best ability for Excalibur, I see a lot if players using Javelin but never anyone using Blind, despite how much the internet adores it. Do you need the Augment for Blind to be truly effective?
An Excalibur that just goes around spamming Exalted Blade isn't being used to its full potential, but until you get to the high levels you really don't have to do anything else. Radial Blind opens enemies up to finishers, making EB even more powerful and just generally helping the team. The RB augment isn't required for it to be useful. You really don't need any of Excalibur's augments to do a lot of damage, though I like Chromatic Blade for the elemental status procs it enables. Radial Javelin can be decent, but its damage potential falls off pretty quickly, and it really has no other use.

Primus

They running the free Heat Sword promo again? I'll have to see if I can double-dip.

EDIT: Nope.

No people are just stupid about Excal's other abilities. Like a lot of Warframe, the community surges around a particular build or style of playing and can ignore some of the finer aspects of a Warframe's abilities.

The augment is overkill, as opening enemies to finishers (especially when you're using Exalted) is usually enough to just murder them entirely.

Primus

DE just announced a major promo campaign with Twitch and streamers, called The Great Eidolon Hunt.

Once Plains of Eidolon drops, you can tune into the streams of a long list of selected streamers (click on the link for your language in this forum post) for a chance to earn an exclusive sigil, a Wisp Totem decoration for your landing craft, or a random drop ranging from cosmetics to Prime gear.

The Wisp Totem is earned for watching any Warframe streams for a cumulative hour during the two-week period. The Teralyst Sigil comes if the streamer you're watching earns a particular in-game achievement (By The Dawn's Early Light, received for surviving the entire night on the Plains of Eidolon), and the random drops come when the streamer gets any other in-game achievement.

Arrrammis

DE just announced a major promo campaign with Twitch and streamers, called The Great Eidolon Hunt.

Once Plains of Eidolon drops, you can tune into the streams of a long list of selected streamers (click on the link for your language in this forum post) for a chance to earn an exclusive sigil, a Wisp Totem decoration for your landing craft, or a random drop ranging from cosmetics to Prime gear.

The Wisp Totem is earned for watching any Warframe streams for a cumulative hour during the two-week period. The Teralyst Sigil comes if the streamer you're watching earns a particular in-game achievement (By The Dawn's Early Light, received for surviving the entire night on the Plains of Eidolon), and the random drops come when the streamer gets any other in-game achievement.

Welp, time to open up 10 tabs with different streams going once PoE drops.

To piggyback on this, a number of streamers have already said they will do a stream of PoE scheduled in advance once it's known when the update comes out.

There shouldn't be any trouble getting this stuff for anyone who's active around this time.

Tabby

What you're saying is, I should leave 10 tabs open while I do other things?

Kadin

So I just got my Ballistica Prime to Max Rank. Should I now level up my other secondary weapon? I really do enjoy this Ballistica though, I've upgraded a few of the mods and it's destroying everything - but I know I'm losing out on affinity and leveling my frame.

What's the best approach here as my others weapons are getting close to max rank as well?

Manzoon

Banned
So I just got my Ballistica Prime to Max Rank. Should I now level up my other secondary weapon? I really do enjoy this Ballistica though, I've upgraded a few of the mods and it's destroying everything - but I know I'm losing out on affinity and leveling my frame.

What's the best approach here as my others weapons are getting close to max rank as well?

Usually I just run some low level missions with all fresh gear till it's sufficiently strong; if I feel like the mission might be dangerous, or I'm afraid of stalker or a death squad showing up, then I'll bring one good weapon along with me.

A neat trick you can do is unequip some weapons if you want to level up something else faster, as affinity is spread evenly amongst your equipment, so a maxed weapon is eating some xp. The affinity booster from that prime access pack is radically speeding all this up though.

Kadin

Usually I just run some low level missions with all fresh gear till it's sufficiently strong; if I feel like the mission might be dangerous, or I'm afraid of stalker or a death squad showing up, then I'll bring one good weapon along with me.

A neat trick you can do is unequip some weapons if you want to level up something else faster, as affinity is spread evenly amongst your equipment, so a maxed weapon is eating some xp. The affinity booster from that prime access pack is radically speeding all this up though.
Ah okay, good to know, thanks.

Funny (unrelated) story. I just got a random invite to a Clan and accepted thinking it was for the GAF clan I was waiting for. Luckily I asked the guy who invited me if this was GAF only and eh replied, "GAF?" Was just a random invite from Region chat I guess. Luckily I was able to start making my key so that will speed things up a little.

Kadin

Slots > Color palettes > Cosmetics (skins and accessories and whatnot) > Potatoes

Fashionframe is life.
My dumb ass thought that slots were on the weapons and warframes themselves, not inventory slots. Kept seeing people recommending these in chat and I wasn't sure why. Then I realized it was for more storage room of these items, which now makes complete sense. I also bought a color pack because I needed a nice shade of red and black - the Fire pack was just what I needed.

Oh and btw, love your avatar. Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all-time fav movies. It's all in the reflexes...

And I may be misunderstanding, but if you joined a clan in order to start building a clan key, that key will only work with that clan, and it will poof out of existence when/if you leave.
Oh well that's a bummer.

edit: actually it disappeared. It was down to almost 11hrs and now it went poof.

VandalD

Funny (unrelated) story. I just got a random invite to a Clan and accepted thinking it was for the GAF clan I was waiting for. Luckily I asked the guy who invited me if this was GAF only and eh replied, "GAF?" Was just a random invite from Region chat I guess. Luckily I was able to start making my key so that will speed things up a little.
Further GAF invites won't be going out until at least 12 hours from this post, since we're waiting on a certain room to be built in our dojo that expands our maximum clan size. And I may be misunderstanding, but if you joined a clan in order to start building a clan key, that key will only work with that clan, and it will poof out of existence when/if you leave.

Primus

My dumb ass thought that slots were on the weapons and warframes themselves, not inventory slots. Kept seeing people recommending these in chat and I wasn't sure why. Then I realized it was for more storage room of these items, which now makes complete sense. I also bought a color pack because I needed a nice shade of red and black - the Fire pack was just what I needed.

Investing in 2-3 of the color palettes is very worthwhile, you get a good percentage of the available colors without too much overlap. I've got all the available ones because I NEED THEM, but, you know, for normal folks you don't need all of them.

Fire is good, I also would recommend Classic Saturated (your basic bright colors), Orokin (metals and ice), and I personally like Lotus for its purples, blues and smoky colors.

There are also a number of holiday-themed palettes that show up at certain times in the Market for 1 Credit. The Halloween one should be back in a few weeks.

Oh and btw, love your avatar. Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all-time fav movies. It's all in the reflexes.

Well, just remember what ol' Primus does when the earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of Heaven shake: switch to EV Trinity Prime and watch your team go totally apeshit on ultimates due to the infinite energy gains.

Well, just remember what ol' Primus does when the earth quakes and the poison arrows fall from the sky and the pillars of Heaven shake: switch to EV Trinity Prime and watch your team go totally apeshit on ultimates due to the infinite energy gains.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall Grineer Maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite frame up against the Derelict wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your ducats, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Lotus always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Tenno?" "Yessir, the check to Baro Ki'Teer is in the mail."

Primus

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall Grineer Maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite frame up against the Derelict wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your ducats, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Lotus always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Tenno?" "Yessir, the check to Baro Ki'Teer is in the mail."

giphy.gif

Kadin

hahaha, this is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom