• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been leveling Inaros and his tech is very interesting.

Setting up finishers to get health along with the scarab armor/swarm stuff is pretty nice. Also my companion rarely dies due to the health it has now LOL

Nokterian

Rhino level 20 now, really feeling the power of that frame coming to full potential almost, he is bulky but so damn good.

A few things already maxed out, i think i will play this warframe for the time being.

I don't understand why they don't have the Operator control just like the Warframe (in lieu of sliding, we fade out of void form) and give each focus tree like 7 abilities and let the player select like 2 or 4. Let the void dash consume less energy so we can use it more, void form gives us a base 35% damage reduction, some trees can give you more or different ways to mitigate damage or absorb it etc.

Zanzura

Hopped back into this recently and man it's kind of overwhelming with all the changes since I last played which I think is around the time they added Kubrows/Archwing? Wish I didn't miss out on that prime "Deal" because I need slots again for all these weapons/frames. Anyway, is there space in the clan? IGN is the same as here. Probably going to play this a bit more casually as all the grinding before pretty much burned me out.

Hopped back into this recently and man it's kind of overwhelming with all the changes since I last played which I think is around the time they added Kubrows/Archwing? Wish I didn't miss out on that prime "Deal" because I need slots again for all these weapons/frames. Anyway, is there space in the clan? IGN is the same as here. Probably going to play this a bit more casually as all the grinding before pretty much burned me out.

Sent you an invite.

Strider

I actually didn't even realize until just now I had farmed all the parts for Scindo Prime... So just sold it since we'll be getting it on Twitch Prime shortly.

Also I got Mesa yesterday and....

Best frame brehs

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
She is a perfect frame except for her 1.

VandalD

If Mesa's 1 being bad is the price to pay for the rest of her abilities, I'm okay with that. She's great.

Titania is growing on me. She's just kind of a discount Mesa, but I've been enjoying just flying around like an idiot while doing a lot of damage. And I guess her CC isn't terrible. It's too bad she's made of paper.

Two questions.

Is animation cancelling a thing? I was using the arca titron recently and due to its slow swing time I was often caught in the animation and unable do anything else so I was taking unnecessary damage. Anyway to avoid that?

When i first played the game 2 years ago it seemed like a lot of hassle to keep a kubrow fighting fit, maybe I misunderstood but is this still the case? I kinda want to take my kubrow out of stasis and use her if I don't have to keep pumping resources into keeping her stable.

Manzoon

Banned
If Mesa's 1 being bad is the price to pay for the rest of her abilities, I'm okay with that. She's great.

Titania is growing on me. She's just kind of a discount Mesa, but I've been enjoying just flying around like an idiot while doing a lot of damage. And I guess her CC isn't terrible. It's too bad she's made of paper.

Her CC has a lot of potential, I've wanted to revisit her after leveling but I've been inundated with new frames for quite a bit.

I just brought a mk1 strun to that shotgun only sortie and had no problems since I was Nidus, haha. There are some mk1 weapons added since I last played, so currently leveling all that garbage.

Arrrammis

Two questions.

Is animation cancelling a thing? I was using the arca titron recently and due to its slow swing time I was often caught in the animation and unable do anything else so I was taking unnecessary damage. Anyway to avoid that?

When i first played the game 2 years ago it seemed like a lot of hassle to keep a kubrow fighting fit, maybe I misunderstood but is this still the case? I kinda want to take my kubrow out of stasis and use her if I don't have to keep pumping resources into keeping her stable.

There's not many animations that can be cancelled, unfortunately. If you're using a really heavy melee weapon, you're kind of stuck with the long animation.

Yeah, Kubrows are still pretty expensive to keep, and IMO there's no reason to use them over a sentinel besides being able to say that you have a giant space cat.

Kubrows are kind of in a weird place. The vacuum mod that made the Carrier sentinel so great has now been changed to a mod that every sentinel (but not Kubrows) can equip. DE has described that they want people to choose between the utility of a sentinel and the "survivability" of a kubrow. I have that in quotes because I can go through sorties without my sentinel ever being destroyed, but whenever a teammate bring a kubrow they go down every minute or so.

VandalD

It feels like you can shorten long melee animations by holding block, but maybe that's just in my head.

Kubrows and kavats only feel survivable when I bring Oberon to keep healing and armor on them (which does make them near unkillable) or Inaros with health and armor link. They're still not worth the upkeep unless you have no more use for credits otherwise. Like I've said before, the only time I don't use a sentinel is when I'm kuva farming, in the hopes my cat will double my yield. But that rarely works out. They're worth ranking up for mastery though I suppose.

Guess I'll just have to pay more attention with how often I mash the E key, try to think before I set off an attack.

Also it's a shame about the kubrow, I could deal with having to constantly revive it but the huge credit sink turns me right off.

I added a forma to Inaros, so i'll level him again (which is a high praise tbh since i hardly forma my frames).

Yeah, Kubrows are still pretty expensive to keep, and IMO there's no reason to use them over a sentinel besides being able to say that you have a giant space cat.

If its a Kavat i disagree since both of the breeds have good abilities to assist you (even if Smeeta got nerfed), if its a Kubrow then i agree.

Ultimately a sentinel is the best option though especially since vaccum is a general sentinel mod now.

It feels like you can shorten long melee animations by holding block, but maybe that's just in my head.

Kubrows and kavats only feel survivable when I bring Oberon to keep healing and armor on them (which does make them near unkillable) or Inaros with health and armor link. They're still not worth the upkeep unless you have no more use for credits otherwise. Like I've said before, the only time I don't use a sentinel is when I'm kuva farming, in the hopes my cat will double my yield. But that rarely works out. They're worth ranking up for mastery though I suppose.

I've said this before but its very unfortunate they nerfed Smeeta :(

Also for the credits stuff i feel you shouldn't create any more of them until you have enough credits to take care of them (once you are at high level credits wont be a problem imo, unless you are trading primed mods every time :D)

Tabby

Speaking of Kavats, new Feral Kavat skin coming in POE.
DK-19i0WkAExsky.jpg:large

VandalD

can i have a clan invite? UFOkidd.

I have no idea what im doing in this game, im just trying to cover quests. Sound about right?
You've got the right idea. Quests and opening up more planets through completing junctions. Invited.
Dunno if Gaf does but if not, GB has it.
We don't. GAF was very inactive at the time. I was surprised the few of us qualified to even get the weapon at all.

Mupod

finally started building Elytron. I got some Trinity Prime blueprints off a random guy in trade chat for 50p, maybe could've got em cheaper but he was half what everyone else was spamming. Promptly realized what I got myself into when I saw I needed another 9000 Cryotic and I had just spent all of mine...

Might not be so bad though. Excavation missions seem to be a good source of void relics. I need to get 7000 more Cryotic by Friday, the build time for the frame will be irrelevant because I'll be at my parents' for the long weekend.

It's funny how the price error not only got me playing again, but got my friend back in too (he didn't buy it, but wanted to give the game another shot since I was talking about it). Helping him through the early stuff has helped me get my bearings and he can survive in 30-40 missions now...albeit with like 2% damage done.

I seem to hold my own and sometimes even carry teams, but there's usually that one guy doing double my damage. My strongest weapons are my old Soma/Ogris (1 forma) and Akvasto (4 forma). I also have Ballistica Prime and Nami Skyla Prime from the Hydroid pack. Soma Prime from the Twitch thing (when it goes up) will be nice.

I built some random weapons from Clan blueprints - Ignis, Pox and that flaming sword and shield because it looked cool and I need more weapons to level. I don't know if it's due to the booster but I don't remember weapons leveling up this fast, but that's fine since I need mastery.

I do think I need to start focusing on getting some of the fancier mods. I haven't had much time to figure out what exactly I need, but every build guide I've glanced at has had a slew of mods I've never seen before. A lot of status-based stuff. My good 2013-era mods are all damage, crit, and multishot. If I sell off the Prime junk I have lying around I can probably buy a Primed mod or two from whatsisname when he returns, at least.

finally started building Elytron. I got some Trinity Prime blueprints off a random guy in trade chat for 50p, maybe could've got em cheaper but he was half what everyone else was spamming. Promptly realized what I got myself into when I saw I needed another 9000 Cryotic and I had just spent all of mine...

Might not be so bad though. Excavation missions seem to be a good source of void relics. I need to get 7000 more Cryotic by Friday, the build time for the frame will be irrelevant because I'll be at my parents' for the long weekend.

It's funny how the price error not only got me playing again, but got my friend back in too (he didn't buy it, but wanted to give the game another shot since I was talking about it). Helping him through the early stuff has helped me get my bearings and he can survive in 30-40 missions now...albeit with like 2% damage done.

I seem to hold my own and sometimes even carry teams, but there's usually that one guy doing double my damage. My strongest weapons are my old Soma/Ogris (1 forma) and Akvasto (4 forma). I also have Ballistica Prime and Nami Skyla Prime from the Hydroid pack. Soma Prime from the Twitch thing (when it goes up) will be nice.

I built some random weapons from Clan blueprints - Ignis, Pox and that flaming sword and shield because it looked cool and I need more weapons to level. I don't know if it's due to the booster but I don't remember weapons leveling up this fast, but that's fine since I need mastery.

I do think I need to start focusing on getting some of the fancier mods. I haven't had much time to figure out what exactly I need, but every build guide I've glanced at has had a slew of mods I've never seen before. A lot of status-based stuff. My good 2013-era mods are all damage, crit, and multishot. If I sell off the Prime junk I have lying around I can probably buy a Primed mod or two from whatsisname when he returns, at least.

Soma is great after you put like 3-4 forma. Otherwise it struggles vs armor.

Everything you will see now is shotgun+secondary. Tigris prime, vaykor hek, arca plasmor, vaykor marelok, lex prime, euphona prime, akstilleto prime and the rest of OP secondaries. They buffed shotguns and ruined launchers/tonkor since then. Plains of Edilon is going to be sniper galore so prepare from now.

Also Rivens. They make or break weapons.

Edit: so many weapons I am starting to remember lol. Bows are good; mainly rakta cernos and Lenz. Tenora is a good Soma alternative but probably doesn't have the same dps but very close. Opticor is stupidly good but kinda situational because of charging. Ferrox is good too.

Status is really great. Ticks/DoT is amazing and add some crit to it and level 150 enemies get melted. Akstilleto uses such hybrid builds.

Melee is broken with naramon but they are fixing that.

Xyber

So the price error pulled me back in (along with my friend who wanted me to play now when the update hits) and I have made some nice progress so far. But my friends clan was full and he recommended me to join one and I thought the GAF clan should be good.

Nick is Xyber.

So the price error pulled me back in (along with my friend who wanted me to play now when the update hits) and I have made some nice progress so far. But my friends clan was full and he recommended me to join one and I thought the GAF clan should be good.

Nick is Xyber.

Cyber vs Xyber. Yeah the pack is bringing in a lot of people. I helped two people get back in the game last month already but I regret it. I won't give anyone anything from now on. It is like this game draws the worst out of people after they reach MR10. The egos lol

I myself took a break two years ago and wanted a come back because the void always makes me nostalgic. I got back two months ago and made a lot of progress. I was pissed off at first because mode quests were a cancer for me and I had no idea what did DE rework or buff.

And yeah DE is a cool publisher. I do shit on them but I don't usually mean it. Playing some games really makes you appreciate them.

Mupod

Soma is great after you put like 3-4 forma. Otherwise it struggles vs armor.

Everything you will see now is shotgun+secondary. Tigris prime, vaykor hek, arca plasmor, vaykor marelok, lex prime, euphona prime, akstilleto prime and the rest of OP secondaries. They buffed shotguns and ruined launchers/tonkor since then. Plains of Edilon is going to be sniper galore so prepare from now.

Also Rivens. They make or break weapons.

I've yet to find a riven mod, presumably because I've been doing mostly low level stuff partly because I'm helping my friend, and partly because I don't know what kind of content my character can do right now. I've just been slowly exploring what's open to me. For example on saturday I needed plastids, so I looked into how to farm them, found out about extractors. But I couldn't put down an extractor because I was missing a few nodes, but then that node was a higher level Archwing mission, so I started looking into good Archwing parts. Which led me to faction reputation...so on so forth. It's been quite a rabbit hole.

I was already thinking of making the Opticor since it sounds fun. What kind of snipers should I be looking at?

I also underestimated how long it would take me to finish any Archwing weapons because it all seems to be a massive grind gated behind daily faction standing limits. I won't worry about it too much, I'm less fixated on extractors for resources now that I figured out what happens if I bring Nekros into certain survival maps and spam Desecrate. I want to get the augment for pilfering swarm to do the same with Hydroid and I'm already on the Cephalon Suda track for that. But I don't really have a solid plan for rep grinding past that.

VandalD

Nick is Xyber.
You're already in a clan. Let us know again if you leave it.

Arrrammis

I've yet to find a riven mod, presumably because I've been doing mostly low level stuff partly because I'm helping my friend, and partly because I don't know what kind of content my character can do right now. I've just been slowly exploring what's open to me. For example on saturday I needed plastids, so I looked into how to farm them, found out about extractors. But I couldn't put down an extractor because I was missing a few nodes, but then that node was a higher level Archwing mission, so I started looking into good Archwing parts. Which led me to faction reputation...so on so forth. It's been quite a rabbit hole.

I was already thinking of making the Opticor since it sounds fun. What kind of snipers should I be looking at?

I also underestimated how long it would take me to finish any Archwing weapons because it all seems to be a massive grind gated behind daily faction standing limits. I won't worry about it too much, I'm less fixated on extractors for resources now that I figured out what happens if I bring Nekros into certain survival maps and spam Desecrate. I want to get the augment for pilfering swarm to do the same with Hydroid and I'm already on the Cephalon Suda track for that. But I don't really have a solid plan for rep grinding past that.

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff to grind. As far as Riven mods go, they don't drop like normal mods. You get them from a daily lvl. 100 mission, which you'll unlock after finishing the Second Dream quest (which is still a ways off based on what I understand from your post).

Personally, for snipers I love the Vectis. It's a single shot sniper with a quick reload, and since there's a mod called charged chamber that increases damage on the first shot in a clip by 60%, it can get really powerful really quickly.

One thing that I'd recommend when grinding faction missions is to bring a frame with loot radar. The faction symbols that you can pick up and redeem for extra rep are marked on your radar that way, making them much easier to find. Personally, I am trying to just find as many of those as I can and stockpile them, so that when the next Prime warframe is released, I can redeem them all and get a ton of relic packs that will have the new prime parts in them. There's always something more to grind!

Xyber

You're already in a clan. Let us know again if you leave it.

Was wondering if that would get in the way, I made a ghost clan for myself to build a trading post just to have but needed the forma thingy. I'll post when I get home and leave it.

Manzoon

Banned
Really enjoying the Jat Kusar with my Volt 'Will it Blend?' speed build. Doesn't take much before I start getting consistent red crits if I have crit-cat with me.

Was wondering if that would get in the way, I made a ghost clan for myself to build a trading post just to have but needed the forma thingy. I'll post when I get home and leave it.

We had a clan that died. I was the only one left. Research is hard to do alone. I would like to make my own haven/base, and have friends at the same time. I wish that DE would allow you to make your own clan and being able to join one you don't own only.

GAF clan is cool. Some active big clans auto kick low MR and inactive players.

Mupod

Yeah, there is a lot of stuff to grind. As far as Riven mods go, they don't drop like normal mods. You get them from a daily lvl. 100 mission, which you'll unlock after finishing the Second Dream quest (which is still a ways off based on what I understand from your post).

Personally, for snipers I love the Vectis. It's a single shot sniper with a quick reload, and since there's a mod called charged chamber that increases damage on the first shot in a clip by 60%, it can get really powerful really quickly.

One thing that I'd recommend when grinding faction missions is to bring a frame with loot radar. The faction symbols that you can pick up and redeem for extra rep are marked on your radar that way, making them much easier to find. Personally, I am trying to just find as many of those as I can and stockpile them, so that when the next Prime warframe is released, I can redeem them all and get a ton of relic packs that will have the new prime parts in them. There's always something more to grind!

Oh, right. Yeah, we're doing all the story stuff together since most of it was put in after I stopped playing. It's funny, from his perspective he's been working with a clear goal to get junctions unlocked. Meanwhile I cleared every mission that was available in 2013 so I had most of every planet unlocked, but no junctions. So it's this weird disjointed progression where I'm opening these things to access new planets that I already have access to.

We've been doing quests as we went along, but we weren't sure what was the 'main' quest. We had a few bumps along the way. Maroo's missions were obnoxious as hell for us, in particular that Spy mission where you couldn't fail even one extraction and even if you made it to the console you were suddenly presented with a max difficulty hacking puzzle. In his words, "I WASN'T EXPECTING A GODDAMN ALGEBRA PROBLEM". With some practice and ciphers we got it done but it didn't seem to unlock anything but the option to talk to her in the bazaar, which sent us to a void mission that glitched out and ended in a door that wouldn't open. So that character ended up being a big waste of time, but at least we're good at Corpus spy missions now.

Saprol

Oh, right. Yeah, we're doing all the story stuff together since most of it was put in after I stopped playing. It's funny, from his perspective he's been working with a clear goal to get junctions unlocked. Meanwhile I cleared every mission that was available in 2013 so I had most of every planet unlocked, but no junctions. So it's this weird disjointed progression where I'm opening these things to access new planets that I already have access to.

We've been doing quests as we went along, but we weren't sure what was the 'main' quest. We had a few bumps along the way. Maroo's missions were obnoxious as hell for us, in particular that Spy mission where you couldn't fail even one extraction and even if you made it to the console you were suddenly presented with a max difficulty hacking puzzle. In his words, "I WASN'T EXPECTING A GODDAMN ALGEBRA PROBLEM". With some practice and ciphers we got it done but it didn't seem to unlock anything but the option to talk to her in the bazaar, which sent us to a void mission that glitched out and ended in a door that wouldn't open. So that character ended up being a big waste of time, but at least we're good at Corpus spy missions now.
Maroo's daily quest is a timed obstacle course. There's a pressure plate midway through that opens the final door.

The reward is a sculpture which can be traded in at Maroo for endo. The value goes up when you set cyan/amber stars in them

VandalD

GAF clan is cool. Some active big clans auto kick low MR and inactive players.
We were having to kick out inactives recently because we were full and new people wanted to get in. Kicking people out feels crappy though, even if they have been gone for months, hence the clan's expansion.
We've been doing quests as we went along, but we weren't sure what was the 'main' quest.
The "main" quests to get to and pay attention to are Natah, The Second Dream, and The War Within. You should be able to see their prerequisites in the codex if you want to work specifically towards that.

It wasnt glitched the section is timed and you need to reach the pressure plate/button (which is usually near) before the door fully closes.

Tip for corpus hacking: match the outside first then do the inside to finish up. Also the different mouse buttons will determine the direction the piece rotates.

These will be helpful since sortie spy missions for corpus/orokin/grinner are max difficulty and you cant use ciphers.

We were having to kick out inactives recently because we were full and new people wanted to get in. Kicking people out feels crappy though, even if they have been gone for months, hence the clan's expansion.

The "main" quests to get to and pay attention to are Natah, The Second Dream, and The War Within. You should be able to see their prerequisites in the codex if you want to work specifically towards that.

Yeah that is totally fine. I was referring to strict meta you have less than a week to log in kind of clans.

Got a riven for castanas yesterday. ��

Edit: forgot to mention it's -status chance...

I would say to re-roll tbh but post a screenshot of the mod in here so the others can give their opinions

The booster plays a part since the pack gives you both an affinity (XP) and credit booster which essentially doubles those things for 90 days.

But it really helps since the point is to level up your weapons/frames etc so you can get mastery points. Also to quickly re-level the weapons/frames/etc you added a forma to

Archwing building will suck your resources like some people do before blocking you. One of the weapon required 20 Gallium.

Snipers? Lanka is the God sniper. Vectus is okay. And oh, Lanka requires crapton of Gallium too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom