• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

News Team, ASSEMBLLLLLLLLLLLE!

@OatmealMu, invite sent.

tumblr_m74b9yNoGe1qmfjm2o1_500.gif

From what I gather, it's like a nightmare endless defense mission.

Oxygen is draining constantly from the area, and the enemies/Lotus will drop tanks to refill it.

Should be interesting to see how far we can get.

patchday

Thanks for the invite!

I guess I am now a worthy ninja. I finally figured out 'running' is a toggle that you turn on/off. After realizing that now I can slide all through the level and wallrun with ease.

Clan Dojo: I saw that our clan is building a dojo? Guess that means members cannot enter it yet? I tried to use my clan key but it wouldn't take me in there. How can we use the dojo?

Looking forward to running that event this weekend

Survival Weekend and Update 9.7 are out
Survival Weekend
Special Survival Alerts

Start: Friday, Aug. 30 @ 12pm EDT
End: Tuesday, Sept. 3 @ 12PM EDT

The Lotus is calling for all available Tenno!

The Lotus is leading a group of Tenno, to raid hidden valuable supply caches elsewhere in the sector and needs your help to provide support by distracting enemies.

As your enemies advance they will attempt to cut off life support to the sector by draining the ship’s oxygen supply by the second. Fear not, the Lotus will drop supplemental oxygen supplies to buy you time. Enemies also carry personal oxygen supplies that drop as you eliminate them, which will help replenish the sector’s oxygen level.

Your objective is to activate oxygen capsules to maintain the sector’s oxygen levels for as long as possible. If oxygen levels expire before the first supply cache is raided-or all players die, the mission fails.

Enemies get progressively difficult the longer you survive. Fight your way through three tiers of enemies to obtain rewards, survive even longer to earn Leaderboard status.

Rewards:
Survive 5min: Participation Event Badge
Survive 10min: New Mod – Equilibrium
Survive 20min: New Weapon -- Strun Wraith
Gold Statue for first ranked Clan

Equilibrium:
Warframe - Health pickups gain additional Energy. Energy pickups gain additional Health.
+2 on pickup (max +22)
Rarity: Uncommon
Polarity: Tactic
Initial Cost: 4
Fusion Limit: 10
CH5720m.png

Time to double up with the new DUAL VASTOS, now available in the Market.
SEoLe06.jpg

Watch http://youtu.be/4WfQjscV5Ok to see it in action!

Added Warframe idle animation customization: “Agile” and “Noble”.
Mod Rewards from “Arid Fear” event (Shred, Vigor, Lethal Torrent) now available in Nightmare Mode
Foundry Badges have gone live! Visit https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/100061-founders-badges-in-game-now/?p=1139283 for all the info.

Changes:
Improved Trinity’s cast animation for Blessing ability.
Miter – increased fire rate, higher charge damage. Charged shots fire through targets.
Improvements to ragdolls.

Fixes:
Fixed incorrect emblem decorations on Dethcube.
Fixed Ember’s Overheat ability that was creating extra fire FX on clients.
Fixed performance issues relating to Saryn’s Venom orbs.
Fixed bug where you could navigate between regions after playing Void keys.
Fixed text field for Market sale items in Russian language.
Fixed Puncture Mods not working as intended on projectile weapons.
Fixed various reported crashes.

Looks like Shred, Vigor and Lethal Torrent are now in the nightmare drop tables

Dual Vastos! Venom performance issues fixed! Hurray!

Time for some NIGHTMARE RUNS!

Edit: CRAP! You need 2 Vastos to make the dual. I just sold mine the other day, too....

metalshade

Awesome update!
Will be on later tonight, looking forward to running with the Clan, lets see how far we get, and just how many Struns we can win!

patchday

Dojo is complete and I have it set up where everyone should be able to join it...

Did you click "Play Now" after using the Dojo key?

I don't think so I'll give that a try.

So how do I play with members in the clan? For instance, how will I be able to meet up with neogaf this weekend for the event?

I don't think so I'll give that a try.

So how do I play with members in the clan? For instance, how will I be able to meet up with neogaf this weekend for the event?

Once you join the clan you should see some of us on the clan chat (those are the ones that are online), we are generally pretty responsive in there.

And btw Trinity is freaking OP for this event, nonstop spamming of blessing and energy vampire = invincible groups with no fear of toxic ancients :D I got up to 42 mins with 3 pubs (1 dc'd 15 min in) and am ranked 87 right now on leaderboards, can't imagine how well we'll doing in a clan group :)

Riptwo

Just tried the PS4 version. Framerate wasn't great yet, but there's still time to fix that up. The controls were fine, and mapping powers to touchpad swipes seems cool, although we'll see how it works when things get hectic.

The devs also confirmed that they're trying to implement the ability to access your PC account in the PS4 version and vice versa, but no promises!

Once you join the clan you should see some of us on the clan chat (those are the ones that are online), we are generally pretty responsive in there.

And btw Trinity is freaking OP for this event, nonstop spamming of blessing and energy vampire = invincible groups with no fear of toxic ancients :D I got up to 42 mins with 3 pubs (1 dc'd 15 min in) and am ranked 87 right now on leaderboards, can't imagine how well we'll doing in a clan group :)

Ember is really OP as well.

I just demolish everything with world on fire, and i can just spam it over and over and over.

Ember is really OP as well.

I just demolish everything with world on fire, and i can just spam it over and over and over.

And I keep you from ever taking damage :D We need so more offensive frames however to speed up the killing process

Having a saryn there to molt and miasma would be great, rhino's stomp would be awesome as well. Nova's ults is good but rumor is that it causes oxygen not to drop tho

patchday

Just tried the PS4 version. Framerate wasn't great yet, but there's still time to fix that up. The controls were fine, and mapping powers to touchpad swipes seems cool, although we'll see how it works when things get hectic.

The devs also confirmed that they're trying to implement the ability to access your PC account in the PS4 version and vice versa, but no promises!

I hope so because I was planning to play this game on the PS4 as well. It would really suck if I had to start all over again on the PS4. Plus I have a friend that refuses to play until PS4 version releases. So if he can play now without worrying bout starting over maybe I can get him to play

Framerate wasnt perfectly smooth huh? I watched a PS4 gameplay demo I thought it looked pretty good (above 30fps). But a hands on experience would be much better

Nice! Gamescom? How was wall running with the PS4 controller?

Good to hear they're actively trying to get the cross platform accounts.

On another note, this event is pretty fun! Would love to get a "serious" group together and see if we can make it to the top of the leaderboards! But then again... the RNG oxygen drops don't seem like they want to play nice with us...

Flipyap

Threads about PS4 exclusives are so cute. So many people excited to play this on day one.
So many people who won't touch it on day two.

They're still planning to do that? That's hilarious.
It won't work when things get hectic. It won't even work for powers that require aiming at things... unless they keep the equally hilarious lock-on auto aim.

Frologic

Resources are dropping like candy in this event. 1000+ plastids and I'm getting 20+ fusion coils per run, many of them uncommon and rare.
If this mode is here to stay, I can't even imagine playing any more maps, xini is a bore now. I take it DE will nerf the drop rate once this replaces Raid.

Resources are dropping like candy in this event. 1000+ plastids and I'm getting 20+ fusion coils per run, many of them uncommon and rare.
If this mode is here to stay, I can't even imagine playing any more maps, xini is a bore now. I take it DE will nerf the drop rate once this replaces Raid.

Cool its replacing raid, I heard capture was replacing raid but this is 1,000,000 times better.

Mupod

Just started playing this last night - could I get an invite to the GAF clan? Username is just Mupod.

Also, I hit level 2, and it asked me if I wanted to take a test to rank up. I hit yes but I guess it bugged out because it wouldn't let me do anything, just said I can't until the next in-game 'day', which I guess is only a few hours from now. Still dumb though.

Then again after like 15 kills of Jackal I haven't seen a single blueprint so it's not like I'm in a rush to rank up anyways.

Just started playing this last night - could I get an invite to the GAF clan? Username is just Mupod.

Also, I hit level 2, and it asked me if I wanted to take a test to rank up. I hit yes but I guess it bugged out because it wouldn't let me do anything, just said I can't until the next in-game 'day', which I guess is only a few hours from now. Still dumb though.

Then again after like 15 kills of Jackal I haven't seen a single blueprint so it's not like I'm in a rush to rank up anyways.

That's terrible luck there.

bigf00t

Just finished a 60:40 long survival, not sure how much longer is really possible. Enemies are hitting level 180 by that point and are bullet sponges. Ran out of oxygen because we couldn't kill fast enough. My rhino was getting killed in 1 - 2 seconds through his iron skin.

Just finished a 60:40 long survival, not sure how much longer is really possible. Enemies are hitting level 180 by that point and are bullet sponges. Ran out of oxygen because we couldn't kill fast enough. My rhino was getting killed in 1 - 2 seconds through his iron skin.

Congrats.

Mupod

That's terrible luck there.

Funny story, I actually was a bit short on cash to make something so I decided to run Jackal a few times. Got all 3 blueprints in 4 runs.

Now I just need to get a control module, 600 plastids and a neural sensor. I don't think I even have the areas for the first two unlocked yet, so I better get moving.

I did the new survival mission last night, and managed to survive 35 minutes almost entirely because some rank 8 guy did everything. I somehow came in a distant second at 17% damage done, because all I did was run around in my excalibur grabbing loot/orbs spamming javelin since nothing else did any damage. The other guys did like 4-5% but had to revive me a lot. Out of that run I got enough exp to level my newly-purchased Braton from 1 to 17 and enough materials to make a Fragor even though I don't even have Mars unlocked yet.

Funny story, I actually was a bit short on cash to make something so I decided to run Jackal a few times. Got all 3 blueprints in 4 runs.

Now I just need to get a control module, 600 plastids and a neural sensor. I don't think I even have the areas for the first two unlocked yet, so I better get moving.

I did the new survival mission last night, and managed to survive 35 minutes almost entirely because some rank 8 guy did everything. I somehow came in a distant second at 17% damage done, because all I did was run around in my excalibur grabbing loot/orbs spamming javelin since nothing else did any damage. The other guys did like 4-5% but had to revive me a lot. Out of that run I got enough exp to level my newly-purchased Braton from 1 to 17 and enough materials to make a Fragor even though I don't even have Mars unlocked yet.

Very nice!

Flipyap

I was really disappointed with the way Dual Vastos looked when I first got them, but then I discovered the joys of switching animation sets and Vauban's "Agile" stance is the kind of stupid I can totally get behind.

Oh, Vauban, you ridiculous space cowboy from Space France.

I was really disappointed with the way Dual Vastos looked when I first got them, but then I discovered the joys of switching animation sets and Vauban's "Agile" stance is the kind of stupid I can totally get behind.

Oh, Vauban, you ridiculous space cowboy from Space France.

Man how can you not have Bounce or Vortex.

Raxum

What kind of setups have you guys been running for the events? No matter what I try I can't seem to get past about 25-30 minutes. Initially, in the infested runs, Oxygen seemed to be the major problem, not killing things fast enough, not enough dropping, etc. Now, there's ridiculous amounts and I seem to be dying faster to the Grineer Napalms and Bombards (like 1-sec death through Rhino Iron Skin). I find it scary that people are hitting 1 hour let alone 7... That's ridiculous.

On the other hand, this new game mode is amazing for farming, so many mods and resources. Really can't wait for it to be released as a full-fledged mode in the game.If it does get added in, I wonder how they'll structure it. Will you have to survive for a certain time? Will you get rewards based on how long you survive? Options to leave like in defense?

Riptwo

Nice! Gamescom? How was wall running with the PS4 controller?

Good to hear they're actively trying to get the cross platform accounts.

On another note, this event is pretty fun! Would love to get a "serious" group together and see if we can make it to the top of the leaderboards! But then again... the RNG oxygen drops don't seem like they want to play nice with us...
They had it in the Sony booth at PAX, and I played a decent amount of defense. I think I'm still gonna stick with the PC version, but being able to hop on from my home theatre should be cool. Didn't do much wall running, but everything seemed pretty easy to adjust to once I figured out the button mappings.

And yeah, the touch pad power selection seemed okay when I was playing the demo as an Excalibur, but I'm not sure how well things will work if you're playing something like Trinity and trying to pick a specific target out of a mob. We'll see how it works when it launches!

On the downside, I missed the weekend event entirely because my PC is back in Calgary. Damn the man.

Flipyap

Man how can you not have Bounce or Vortex.
Bounce is only good for fucking with people, but randoms don't appreciate fun, so I'm not wasting a slot on it.
Vortex is obnoxious garbage. Winners don't use Vortex.

And anyway, I have an ability that completely disables enemy AI for a very long time in a very large area, what else would I need? I probably wouldn't slot in the balls if I didn't find them amusing. Mah bawls.

What kind of setups have you guys been running for the events? No matter what I try I can't seem to get past about 25-30 minutes. Initially, in the infested runs, Oxygen seemed to be the major problem, not killing things fast enough, not enough dropping, etc. Now, there's ridiculous amounts and I seem to be dying faster to the Grineer Napalms and Bombards (like 1-sec death through Rhino Iron Skin). I find it scary that people are hitting 1 hour let alone 7... That's ridiculous.

On the other hand, this new game mode is amazing for farming, so many mods and resources. Really can't wait for it to be released as a full-fledged mode in the game.If it does get added in, I wonder how they'll structure it. Will you have to survive for a certain time? Will you get rewards based on how long you survive? Options to leave like in defense?

I only ran the event a handful of times... With the clan during the Infested one we had Rhino, Trin, Saryn, and Vaub and only got ~30min before we ran out of oxygen. I ran the Grineer one with randoms and got about 30min as well. Had an annoying ass Loki who kept switch teleporting me while I was sniping with the Lanka...

Hopefully it'll be timer based rewards... If they pause in waves to "leave now" then it'd just be same old defense.

Survive or Die event is now over! Rewards have been sent out!

Rewards:
  • Survive 5min: Participation Event Badge
  • Survive 10min: New Mod – Equilibrium
  • Survive 20min: New Weapon -- Strun Wraith

Mupod

My 35 minute time got me the strun wraith, but I didn't have time to try it out before I had to leave. I'm hearing good things about it, and I'm actually looking forward to using it because I have TONS of great shotgun mods that I've never used because I didn't have a shotgun. I love how they just gave out the weapon instead of a blueprint too.

Anyways, while I was away from home I had the idea of making a 'crouch + melee' macro for my razer naga, in order to become a living helicopter with Dual Zorens. I combined it with Fury and Volt's speed skill and holy shit I can just fly through levels. I'm not worried about being slow when my Rhino finally finishes building since I can just use these.

The Boltor I built seems real good too. And I managed to snag Lethal Torrent + Ice Storm for my new Vasto, but I plan on making dual vastos so I'm saving my last catalyst. My boosts from the starter pack finally ran out, but I still have 40 platinum. I was gonna use it on a credit booster (I'm already good on slots and such) but more catalysts might be smarter. At any rate I'm quite willing to spend a bit more money on the game now - it got a lot more fun when I learned how to GO FAST. But jesus the base prices are ridiculous. If another steam sale happens or I get a 75% platinum discount as a login reward I'll throw another 20 bucks or so at them.

Raxum

Well, the stats on the Strun Wraith are pretty ridiculous, from what I can see it's all increases with no decreases. I wasn't particularly fussed on shotguns before now but I think I'll be leveling this and now hunting for a Hell's Chamber mod. Finally got my Lethal Torrent mod last night, and now it looks like I'll be spending a couple of forma on some secondaries to get those polarities. Just gotta decide if I prefer the Dual Vastos or the Kunai/Despair more. Really need to level all my stuff and just make a decision about what weapons/frames I am going to use.

patchday

Thank you my precious neogaf clan for helping acquire the event rewards and carrying me all the way past 30 mins! This is sandbox1 btw (wish I could change my ingame name so you guys will recognize me).

Hoping to do more events with you guys in the future

You know, my initial assumption is that the devs would be quite stingy with the drops for blueprints for warframes. But I cant help but noticing I did acquire complete blueprints for 2 warframes (Volt, Ember) through killing the bosses a few times. It's kind of fun. Easier to find groups farming bosses & stuff.Can be annoying walking away with nothing sometimes.

I did buy in as a founder though. So I got some plat to use if I want. Tempted to buy Vauban cause I doubt he'd come up in a random event. But I'm going to try to wait on that for awhile

Thank you my precious neogaf clan for helping acquire the event rewards and carrying me all the way past 30 mins! This is sandbox1 btw (wish I could change my ingame name so you guys will recognize me).

Hoping to do more events with you guys in the future

You know, my initial assumption is that the devs would be quite stingy with the drops for blueprints for warframes. But I cant help but noticing I did acquire complete blueprints for 2 warframes (Volt, Ember) through killing the bosses a few times. It's kind of fun. Easier to find groups farming bosses & stuff.Can be annoying walking away with nothing sometimes.

I did buy in as a founder though. So I got some plat to use if I want. Tempted to buy Vauban cause I doubt he'd come up in a random event. But I'm going to try to wait on that for awhile

I bought Vauban and do not regret it.

Some upcoming changes to frames:
  • Vauban Bastille getting nerfed, will cap the # of enemies it can carry, Vortex will no longer affect players
  • Trinity Well of life getting a buff, Link will reduce damage not negate it
  • Nyx getting a buff to bolts and absorb
  • Ember getting buff to fireball, fireblast getting fixed, overheat will only reduce damage a little bit and increase damage

Necro skills revealed https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/102122-official-necro-ability-discussion/
SOUL PUNCH: Direct X% damage that knocks the soul out of them, 5% armor debuff, stacking.

TERROR TOTEM: Necro deploys a totem of terror, causing X number of enemies within radius to
freeze in fear; the rest will flee.

SEARCH THE DEAD: Gathers items from dead enemies.

CLONE THE DEAD: Necro creates friendly nano bot clones of the last X enemies he has killed.
ov2c.jpg

Scarves incoming
vy6czSq.png

zzfa.png

Glaives getting weapon specific mods

Flipyap

Some upcoming changes to frames:
  • Vauban Bastille getting nerfed, will cap the # of enemies it can carry, Vortex will no longer affect players
  • Trinity Well of life getting a buff, Link will reduce damage not negate it
  • Nyx getting a buff to bolts and absorb
  • Ember getting buff to fireball, fireblast getting fixed, overheat will only reduce damage a little bit and increase damage
Those nerfs are smart changes... or, at least they would be if they were to be implemented in a good, properly balanced shooter, but this is Warframe and broken abilities are kind of necessary when dealing with their brilliantly designed Nightmare and survival modes.
I also have a feeling that this "affects X enemies" isn't going to help the game's already terrible readability. Bastille's laggy stasis can be confusing enough as it is, good luck making out active moas from a crowd of bots floating at ground level.

Scarves incoming
vy6czSq.png
zzfa.png
Woah, these look HORRIBLE.
Oh no. Does this mean their brilliant and dashingly handsome artists finally left DE to join a developer befitting their talents?

patchday

Haha I think those scarves look sweet I'm excited about those features.

Ember updates look interesting. Is she getting buffed and nerfed at the sametime? I'm interested because she will be freshly baked for me in a few hours. So I'll be taking her for a spin for the 1st time. Looking forward to it!

metalshade

Woah, these look HORRIBLE.
Oh no. Does this mean their brilliant and dashingly handsome artists finally left DE to join a developer befitting their talents?

Agreed.
Not sure why this is going to be a thing at all.
WHO wants scarves on their frames, this is a joke!
Almost as silly as the people who make a fuss about the "dangly bits" on the helmets!
Stuff that noise, I want a better more consistent framerate!

Flipyap

Agreed.
Not sure why this is going to be a thing at all.
WHO wants scarves on their frames, this is a joke!
Almost as silly as the people who make a fuss about the "dangly bits" on the helmets!
Stuff that noise, I want a better more consistent framerate!
I understand the appeal. I mean, they worked for
zx9Ny8H.jpg
and
4JDgWQD.png

but that's a design flair meant for agile and .. uh... ninjalike dudes, not mostly stationary fools who carry giant quad-barreled shotguns or grenade launchers on their backs (that's why those scarves bend so strangely).
Even worse, none of those scarves fit the original design language. The one that looks like it's assembled from weird metal bug parts even comes with a massive harness, completely screwing up the original sleek warframe designs.
...and then there's Trinity. As if she needed more weird things hanging down her butt.

Haha I think those scarves look sweet I'm excited about those features.

Ember updates look interesting. Is she getting buffed and nerfed at the sametime? I'm interested because she will be freshly baked for me in a few hours. So I'll be taking her for a spin for the 1st time. Looking forward to it!

I think they looks pretty cool as well.

Also once you get world on fire, continuity, and focus you'll be tearin stuff up.

patchday

@Flipyap, I bet you'll need to buy a blueprint or purchase the scarves with plat. So you won't have to wear it if you don't want to. That's how everything else works (optional colors, helmets, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom