• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, just wanted some stuff to be known about the clan permissions:

1. Our clan Generals can do everything. From building the Dojo, kicking people out of the clan, to changing the Message of the Day.

2. I made all of our regular players Sages. They can invite people into the clan as well as queue Dojo research (whenever they add more weapons to the Dojo). Can also promote other members to Sage rank.

3. Soldiers can promote Initiates up to the Soldier rank, if they want :p

4. Every rank has the ability to access (ie, host) the Dojo.

5. Who gets clan invites? Everyone! Family and friends are always welcome.

Uhhhh... I think that's about it! There are no Leaders or Officer ranks because I feel our clan is too small to warrant using them, lol.

9.8 went out not too long ago featuring the changes to Ember, Mag, Nyx, Trinity, & Vauban.

DERebecca said:
Ember:
-Fireball: Fixed the damage-over-time (DOT) attaching to the target. Increased the damage amount and damage over time.
-Fire Skin: Fire skin is now an offensive power rather than a defensive power. Reduced damage resistance and increased the damage output. Warframe strength mods now modify the damage amount.
-Fire Blast: Fixed scaling problem, mesh scaled but the damage wall never did. Range mods no longer affect Fire blast, Duration and strength mods do.

Mag:
-Pull: Change damage type to use ragdolls for the pulling instead of sliding. Increased amount of damage dealt. Should be more in-line with other Warframe powers now.
-Shield Polarize: Radial damage that is dealt when shields are removed is now scaled based on fusion level.
-Bullet Attractor: Added damage multiplier on the targeted enemy, making ability much more deadly.
-Crush: Damage timing changes.

Trinity:
-Well of Life: Now plays reaction animation, Life is 10x multiplied allowing players to leech enough health out.
-Energy Vampire: Now plays reaction animation and doesn't require damage to get energy. Instead target radiates a set amount of energy every couple of seconds. Also does damage to the target (Damage scales with strength mod).
-Link: No longer damage immunity--changed to damage reduction, now links to several targets at once amplifying the incoming damage. Increased radius search for link targets.
-Blessing: Anim speed changes and timing. No longer wait until end of casting animation to get power effects.

Vauban:

-Bastille: Ability now has a set number of targets. 6-8-10-12
-Vortex: No longer affects other players.

Nyx:
-Psychic Daggers: Projectiles now seek and fly faster, more in line with other Warframes.
-Absorb: Ability now has higher base damage and should attract more attention.

Lot more changes and fixes posted here.

Mupod

Bah I activated the boosts from the raptr starter promotion and of course I have to leave again tonight.

I bought a digital issue of PC gamer on tuesday in order to get in on the free platinum, but they've been distributing codes today and I didn't get anything yet. I'm not a subscriber so I had to email them my proof of purchase and they have to verify that manually. I guess I shouldn't expect anything until monday at least.

In other news I farmed all day yesterday for Hornet Strike, gave up, then did one more tier 2 defense before bed and BAM got it. All my fusion cores I'd been stockpiling barely got it to 100% damage bonus, geez this mod is a black hole. My dual vastos are awesome though, I'm going to forma them when it finally finishes building.

But yeah I really wanted a rhino vanguard helmet, I was waiting for the pc gamer code to come in so I could buy it...I'm seeing it shows up as an alert sometimes? With my luck I'd be far from home, asleep, or simply not have the area unlocked when it does show up. I did get a Nyx helmet yesterday though.

metalshade

Well now were up to update 9.8.2
Thats a lotta fixes!
Seems DE have finally fixed the Host framerate bug!!!!!!!!!! Makes me happy!

Flipyap

9.8 went out not too long ago featuring the changes to Ember, Mag, Nyx, Trinity, & Vauban.
Trinity:
-Energy Vampire: Now plays reaction animation and doesn't require damage to get energy. Instead target radiates a set amount of energy every couple of seconds. Also does damage to the target (Damage scales with strength mod).
So, it's basically a second energy siphon now? The original power was a bit more interesting.
What happens if you cast it on a standard, weak-ass enemy? Do you have to also start praying that no one shoots it to get your energy back? This was always an issue because the power doesn't switch targets on kill, but at least killing the target used to be the intended goal.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I haven't played since the card update.

Apparently defense (horde?) is new. How much do I have to grind for cards?
I still have like 400 plat I think?
Can I do any more sweet ninja moves?

metalshade

I haven't played since the card update.

Apparently defense (horde?) is new. How much do I have to grind for cards?
I still have like 400 plat I think?
Can I do any more sweet ninja moves?

Hi Hazaro, long time no see.
You will find that A LOT has changed, there is a tutorial section hidden away in your profile stats screen, and a good amount of info can be found on the wiki. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki
That should tell you a lot.
Also, watch the videos this guy makes, they are great. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyfYUl5yksidmEwgy9LuS1A

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Browsed some of that and saw some gameplay.
Seems a bit faster while running?

Main concern is if mission variety has increased to keep it interesting.

Flipyap

Main concern is if mission variety has increased to keep it interesting.
Mission variety has increased (there's Defense and Survival), but not enough to keep it interesting. Weirdly enough, they're actually going to remove some mission types as they introduce new ones. Because that makes sense... in the DE Zone.

Flipyap

Waaaaait a second, since when can we stick a single copy of a mod in every frame's mod holes?
This changes everything. I...uh.. I demand a refund for these two nearly maxed Redirections!

Waaaaait a second, since when can we stick a single copy of a mod in every frame's mod holes?
This changes everything. I...uh.. I demand a refund for these two nearly maxed Redirections!

Last patch, i spent like 2 hours yesterday modding every weapon and frame i had lol

Flipyap

Sweet! A boss dropped another ******:****:******! I'm getting so much rare loot!

elT6czW.jpg

Also, I'm a barrel.

Flipyap

Infested pistol? Uh... okay.
I don't think making/using equipment originating from weaponized sentient space parasites is a good idea in any way, shape, or form, but whatever. Can't be worse than the scarves. Unless they make some scarves out of infested, then we're all doomed.

Infested pistol? Uh... okay.
I don't think making/using equipment originating from weaponized sentient space parasites is a good idea in any way, shape, or form, but whatever. Can't be worse than the scarves. Unless they make some scarves out of infested, then we're all doomed.

Am i the only one that likes the scarves?

Mupod

Trinity came out of the oven today and I've been playing her a ton...and with perfect timing, the Aura helmet shows up as an alert. Got the Frost Aurora helmet too, hopefully Rhino Vanguard shows up soon.

But yeah Trinity is pretty awesome, I wasn't expecting much but once I figured out how her abilities worked I've been having a blast. Only thing is I wish Energy Drain did AOE damage too, but that's probably asking too much. I already feel like I'm controlling the battlefield with two CCs, the ability to save people's asses with blessing, and massive damage reduction. I heard that continuity and constitution make energy drain worse though so I've been holding off on equipping them - just gonna use stretch now. And maybe try and find Focus, it's never dropped for me.

Since I got that Frost helmet though I'm gonna work towards farming him. Given the troll-like nature of the drops I get from Void missions I'm not counting on getting Frost Prime anytime soon.

I'm a big fan of PS2 shinobi so I love the idea. Although a lot of the time I'm just standing around shooting at stuff so maybe it won't be terribly cool in practice.

Raxum

I quite like the scarves, though I'm interested to see how you'll obtain them. Random drops? Alerts? Plat Only? Void? Whatever way, I'll probably try and get at least one. There's an easy way to fix people not liking them, add in a button to turn off display of all scarves, including other people's, problem solved.

Looking forward to update 10, should bring a few new interesting things. That said, I'm still trying to get everything that's currently in. Got my Streamline mod, finally, now I just have to get Hell's Chamber and Split Chamber and I've got most mods I think, or at least all the ones I was searching for.

Edit: Almost got my Frost Prime! Just need the blueprint for him! ARGH...

Got the weirdest bugs today after the newest patch. Trying to do a void and my frame was facing away from the reticule, could only walk/run backwards and would start sprinting after i tried to shoot. Closed my game and restarted and tried to do the phobos boss. Game randomly black screened, where I could still see chat and party lifebars and type but the rest of my screen was black. Did a verify files and somehow I'm missing 80 files and at 21%...

Mupod

I quite like the scarves, though I'm interested to see how you'll obtain them. Random drops? Alerts? Plat Only? Void? Whatever way, I'll probably try and get at least one. There's an easy way to fix people not liking them, add in a button to turn off display of all scarves, including other people's, problem solved.

Looking forward to update 10, should bring a few new interesting things. That said, I'm still trying to get everything that's currently in. Got my Streamline mod, finally, now I just have to get Hell's Chamber and Split Chamber and I've got most mods I think, or at least all the ones I was searching for.

Edit: Almost got my Frost Prime! Just need the blueprint for him! ARGH...

Hopefully PC gamer sends me my code soon, 570 platinum should be more than enough to get a scarf. I don't see why they'd be platinum-only though...I mean, I was gonna buy some helmets but I've gotten almost all the ones I want via alerts.

I'm missing a lot of good mods, my pistol mods are just about perfect though. I've forma'd my dual vastos twice and they're already 30 again, they just devour everything. I want to work on my rifle mods some more since I'm getting close to mastery rank 6 - I need that Ogris.

The game keeps trolling me with Frost Prime. It only gives me the helmet blueprint. I never get formas either, voids are starting to piss me off although I'm running low on keys.

patchday

argh, someone please tell me I'm not a fool. I blew 50 plat to rush my Rhino out of the bakery. Didn't want to wait 3 whole days and I got a whole lot of warframes to bake. Plus, I'm off this week. Really want to be able to enjoy my new warframe!!!

Mupod

argh, someone please tell me I'm not a fool. I blew 50 plat to rush my Rhino out of the bakery. Didn't want to wait 3 whole days and I got a whole lot of warframes to bake. Plus, I'm off this week. Really want to be able to enjoy my new warframe!!!

I bought Volt and recently Loki so I'd have something to level while waiting for other frames to finish building. Granted they're only 75 each and come with a slot + potato so it seemed like a good deal, and I probably got more mastery points by buying them than I would by getting boosters.

But yeah I doubt I'd be as crazy with my platinum if I'd paid full price for any of it...I got my 570 from PC Gamer this morning and it's already half gone. I'm saving the rest until I see how much scarves cost.

My current goal is to hang out in Kappa and other mobile defense missions until I hit mastery 6 so I can build this Ogris, then try to farm up Frost before Ember is ready. Also, got a Forma from my login bonus just now, oh yeah.

patchday

Haha thanks guys. Been having a blast playing with Rhino. I'm very glad I made this decision :)

Got some parts of Mag baking now. Just started farming Trinity on the side here and there

I purchased the Dual Vastros blueprint but had no idea I had to build 2 pistols 1st. So I built one of them and I'm currently ranking that up. Eventually I'll toss them both into the factory to build the Dual Vastros. Going to be fun :D

Gold trimmed Cylon!

Looks like a BOAR Prime to me! Just hope it won't sound like someone shaking a box of tic-tacs like the current one (unless they changed it again), lol.

Flipyap

Gold trimmed Cylon!

Looks like a BOAR Prime to me! Just hope it won't sound like someone shaking a box of tic-tacs like the current one (unless they changed it again), lol.
I don't understand why they'd choose to put all that orokin junk over Mag's best feature (her galactic mug).

And nope, Boar is round, this has strun's flat bottom and the pipe sticking out from the back of the middle part... and three Hek-like dildos.

Raxum

Oooo Mag Prime! I'll definitely be trying to get that, been enjoying the mag lately. Pull is excellent for lower level areas and absolutely decimating entire rooms of enemies. Unfortunately I find Crush a little underpowered in range and damage.

Still haven't gotten my damn Frost Prime! ARGH, so annoying. So many primes to grind for.

BTW, if anyone wants to add me in game, my name is Raxxum. Will gladly go on runs with people for just about anything, though atm I'm focusing on mods and void runs (and polymer bundles which I'm running low on for some reason).

Flipyap

Wow. This looks... special.

Where have all the good arts gone? :(
Kick-ass character designs are the only reason anyone ever touches this game, so Necro better look rad as all hell in-game, because we're not on the best of rolls right now with Frost Prime, Nyx, Vauban, Nova and now Mag Prime.

wsippel

Banned
Great, DE broke Ember. She now has four nearly identical skills, does shit damage, has no utility anymore and is still slow and fragile as fuck. What the hell were they thinking!?

Flipyap

Great, DE broke Ember. She now has four nearly identical skills, does shit damage, has no utility anymore and is still slow and fragile as fuck. What the hell were they thinking!?
Now that sounds like the closed beta Ember I know and love!
That's pretty much the way she was originally "designed". From day 1, most frames had only one useful power. Now some have a few more, usually redundant ones.
They're currently trying to "fix" the "balance" by removing all invulnerabilities (hey... guys... I think you forgot Frost) without taking into account affected frames' survival depending on these broken powers.

patchday

Yeah Ember could use a bit more variety and utility. She's a bit too straight forward to play. I think I mostly spammed world on fire and overheat. I did enjoy playing with her even though shes not very creative. But honestly I cant think of any 'fire mage/superhero' done with any noticeable variety. They just try to burn everything to the ground

Raxum

Preview video for update 10! Lots of new stuff going in according to DE. From what I saw/heard in the video (spoilered in case people don't want to know yet):
- 20+ new mods
- At least 3 new weapons with an infested look
- New arsenal UI, possibly revamp for whole UI
- 2 New sentinels
- Ability to switch sentinel weapons between sentinels
- Re-vamped Golem Boss (which we knew about)
- Necros abilities and new name(s)
- Survival going in with some small changes (no longer defense maps)
- Derelict map set going in
Also, it seems that it will launch soon, possibly in a few hours? Based on what they say in the video, they're in the last hours. Getting a little hyped for this.

Edit: BEATEN! Damn, by mere seconds!

Preview video for update 10! Lots of new stuff going in according to DE. From what I saw/heard in the video (spoilered in case people don't want to know yet):
- 20+ new mods
- At least 3 new weapons with an infested look
- New arsenal UI, possibly revamp for whole UI
- 2 New sentinels
- Ability to switch sentinel weapons between sentinels
- Re-vamped Golem Boss (which we knew about)
- Necros abilities and new name(s)
- Survival going in with some small changes (no longer defense maps)
- Derelict map set going in
Also, it seems that it will launch soon, possibly in a few hours? Based on what they say in the video, they're in the last hours. Getting a little hyped for this.

Edit: BEATEN! Damn, by mere seconds!

Haha my bad, least yours is actually informative :D

Flipyap

What is UP with these pointless loot-focused abilities? Power #3 is way too expensive for that, it will never see use on real missions, same with an item magnet sentinel.
Nekros is kind of cute, for an evil undead space nun.

HwDzPb4.jpg

Edit: ... unless that third power works on bosses (until they fix it).

Raxum

What is UP with these pointless loot-focused abilities? Power #3 is way too expensive for that, it will never see use on real missions, same with an item magnet sentinel.
Nekros is kind of cute, for an evil undead space nun.

I kind of agree with the loot ability being useless, except in a situation where you kill like 20-30 dudes at once and want to re-loot all of them. His ult however looks like it'll make soloing a LOT easier, and even for defense missions. Depends on how the raised enemies work I guess.

Flipyap

I kind of agree with the loot ability being useless, except in a situation where you kill like 20-30 dudes at once and want to re-loot all of them. His ult however looks like it'll make soloing a LOT easier, and even for defense missions. Depends on how the raised enemies work I guess.
The video made it look like a single target power (for 75 energybucks!), so that scenario sounds especially unlikely.
Power #4 looks fun, I like pets. Hopefully he's not a single power frame. The confusion power (#2) has potential to be as broken as Bastille, but also a lot cheaper.

wsippel

Banned
Now that sounds like the closed beta Ember I know and love!
That's pretty much the way she was originally "designed". From day 1, most frames had only one useful power. Now some have a few more, usually redundant ones.
They're currently trying to "fix" the "balance" by removing all invulnerabilities (hey... guys... I think you forgot Frost) without taking into account affected frames' survival depending on these broken powers.
They may have reverted her, but it's really sad when comparing her to Nekros for example: Projectile, CC, useless(?) support, worthwhile(?) ultimate. Four very different skills. Ember is now: AoE DoT, AoE DoT, AoE DoT, AoE DoT. All fire based and therefore bad against Grineer and useless against Corpus. High level enemies don't care if they're on fire, so there's no crowd control, and three of the abilities require you to get close to your enemies, using pretty much the slowest frame with the very worst armor rating in the game. Her "broken" Overheat made her useful and fun to play as a melee scrapper, now she fills no role anymore. If you want a DD, Nova deals way more damage against all enemy types, has much better range, some utility, and is faster.

Mupod

My Ember will finish building tomorrow, kinda sad seeing all the gloom around the recent changes but my goal is to have every frame.

And I mean, people told me Trinity got nerfed into the ground and she's AWESOME. Actually the first frame I used a Forma on.

At any rate Nova is about half done building, and Banshee soon after. I've also been spamming tier 2 voids and rushing through them with a dual zoren Volt, I think after the sixth Frost Prime helmet blueprint I realized the game was mocking me.

Focus refuses to drop too and it's very frustrating since it seems like such an essential mod. I heard Vor can drop it, no luck there but I did get all the parts for the Seer which sounds fun to use. My new Ogris is slapping shit left and right even without split chamber, and my Dual Vastos are on their fourth forma so if all else fails I can just go Revolver Ocelot on everybody's ass. I believe I have every pistol mod now as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom