• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Grimløck;101407673 said:
absorb sucks.
Only if you treat it like a room-clearer ultimate that other frames have. Its not nearly as fast or devastating enough on its own for that role.

Its more about saving your own personal bacon than it is about decimating a room full of enemies. Use that absorb time to replenish shields when you need to, and learn which enemies do serious damage in the quickest time, and pop in the middle of a group of them (like half a dozen Moas for instance, or eviscerators, or teams of heavy gunners).

Use it correctly and you're survivability goes through the roof and you'll take out groups of tougher enemies.

Its no use if you're running close quarters with other frames pulling their ultimates though. Absorb's use requires different situations to present themselves.

Nyx is a demigod when used right. At the moment I think she's my most powerful frame.

HORRORSHØW

Only if you treat it like a room-clearer that other frames have.

Its more about saving your own personal bacon than it is about decimating a room full of enemies. Use that absorb time to replenish shields if you need to, and learn which enemies do serious damage in the quickest time, and pop in the middle of a group of them (like half a dozen Moas for instance).

Use it correctly and you're survivability goes through the roof and you'll take out groups of tougher enemies.

Its no use if you're running close quarters with other frames pulling their ultimates though. Absorb's use requires different situations to present themselves.
at higher levels absorb doesn't do enough damage, and when you come out of it, you're a sitting duck. the only essential skills for nyx are chaos and mind control, and the latter is debatable on its usefulness.

Nyx is a demigod when used right. At the moment I think she's my most powerful frame.
I'll agree with you here; i can solo T3 void defense with her sans absorb.

Grimløck;101410637 said:
at higher levels absorb doesn't do enough damage, and when you come out of it, you're a sitting duck. the only essential skills for nyx are chaos and mind control, and the latter is debatable on its usefulness.
Now that's something I have to watch out for. I'm pretty sure that's how the Stalker gutted me, mere moments after I laughed and made fun of him from inside my invulnerable absorb bubble. Dat recovery time.

Grimløck;101410637 said:
I'll agree with you here; i can solo T3 void defense with her sans absorb.
I did a few runs of Xini/Eris defense missions the other night and holy shit, she's just incredible when pulling chaos on waves of enemies, especially Corpus, since their drones all say fuck it and fly off randomly, which is handy enough, but everybody else says fuck it and makes it their mission in life to kill those drones above and beyond anything else. That's just a win/win/win in my book.

And just as I was reeling from those victory highs I joined another defense group that already had a Nyx running. It was a nova, two nyxes and a rhino. I almost felt bad for the enemies who never even came close to stepping foot in our defense ring. It was just multicolored madness and doom, and in every way awesome :)

FUME5

I did a few runs of Xini/Eris defense missions the other night and holy shit, she's just incredible when pulling chaos on waves of enemies, especially Corpus, since their drones all say fuck it and fly off randomly, which is handy enough, but everybody else says fuck it and makes it their mission in life to kill those drones above and beyond anything else. That's just a win/win/win in my book.

I think I might run my Nyx with just chaos, as you said getting all the drones to fuck off (and drop their shield generators) allows you to decimate waves. I find no matter how smart I try to be about using it, Absorb always gets me into trouble, and the time it takes to line up mind control I could have killed the enemies anyway.

Jellie

Nyx is my favourite. By the way give Nyx a penta and she will do so much damage. Put down 5 grenades (faster if you got split chamber) sit on them with absorb and then detonate them. They'll damage the enemies around you while you take no damage from it, and then hit them again with massive absorb damage. I had a max overextended on so -60% damage and still managed to hit 18k to heavy gunners at level 65+ on T3 defense.

I think I might run my Nyx with just chaos, as you said getting all the drones to fuck off (and drop their shield generators) allows you to decimate waves. I find no matter how smart I try to be about using it, Absorb always gets me into trouble, and the time it takes to line up mind control I could have killed the enemies anyway.
Use it when you're alone and out of shields. Its gives you some breathing room. That's the easiest and most frequent usage for me.

Otherwise, if you find yourself getting whittled down to nothing by a team of heavies, that's also a pretty good time to pop it as the damage you'll reflect back will be significant. She's the aikido of warframes. Use the power of your enemies against them - but you have to know your enemies to get the best use out of it. Enemies with very quick and withering attacks are best to feed the bubble. Not slower burst damage types like bombadiers and the like. And not enemies who are likely to run away into cover either.

For me its far more about staying alive than it is about killing.

i5ohouVOT3c6U.jpg

Mind Control is best used solo or when playing in a group where you have your own angle to cover. In some defense missions if an enemy makes it up to the artifact, I'll mind control them as a standing guard before moving out to take some enemies down in the distance. Its always nice to have allies for a bit when you need em ;P

but yeah, her real spammable power is Chaos, and its the most universally useful. So I don't blame you for focusing on it.

Edgeward

They need to change the invasion reqs for Corpus and Grineer to 3 like Infested. 5 times is just too much and you can run through infested levels way faster.

Ignis is such a fun weapon to use. Too bad it has no polarity slots, but not gonna waste forma on it with Synapse waiting in the wings.

molnizzle

Only if you treat it like a room-clearer ultimate that other frames have. Its not nearly as fast or devastating enough on its own for that role.

Its more about saving your own personal bacon than it is about decimating a room full of enemies. Use that absorb time to replenish shields when you need to, and learn which enemies do serious damage in the quickest time, and pop in the middle of a group of them (like half a dozen Moas for instance, or eviscerators, or teams of heavy gunners).

That's a whole lot of wasted time just to replenish some shields.

If you care about "survivability" then nothing is more effective than Trinity. You're fucking invincible for nearly a half-minute. It's just as useful against level 200 enemies as it is against level 2 enemies and the benefits extend to your group members as well. Nothing touches that.

Trinity is Bestframe.

yella

Hearing you guys talk about frames and mods like Overextended and Fleeting Expertise reminds me that I reall need to go on some Orokin Vault runs. Plus, I still have so far to go on the star map (finished Sedna last weekend, should get through Phobos pretty quickly if I work on it instead of Invasion missions).

Forma'd my first weapon, the Soma, last night. I currently have most of the popular weapons (Galatine, Penta etc.). What other weapons are best to Forma?

yella

Grimløck;101429780 said:
the ones you find most fun. seriously. not everything's about dps. i personally like the tigris, ignis, and dakra prime even though they may not be top-tier.
Tigris? Where can I find that?
EDIT: my problem is that I find too many weapons to be fun; so far the weapons I've had the most fun with though are the Penta, Soma, Ogris and Latron Prime (love the pew pew nature of this gun thanks to its single semi-auto fire).
Ah well, guess I'll head to the Void later today to do some Forma farming. Gotta farm for some rare Fusion Cores anyway; tring to max out Serration and used all the Rare cores I had.

yella

Oh yeah, the double-barrel shotgun. Completely forgot the name XD. Not really a fan of shotguns, but I did. Buy the Hek (though I haven't really used it yet), so mabe I'll give it a try.

frizby

Forma'd my first weapon, the Soma, last night. I currently have most of the popular weapons (Galatine, Penta etc.). What other weapons are best to Forma?

Have to chime in for Bronco Prime (from Tower Capture), Burston Prime (from Derelict Survival), and the throwing knives (either Kunai or Despair).

frizby

Trinity is Bestframe.

She's probably top-5, but Bestframe, just because she can tank?

My top 5, based mostly on effectiveness at high levels, scaleability of powers, and subjective fun factor.

1. Rhino: Most versatile frame. 3 solid abilities. Survivable with no knock downs (Iron Skin), scaleable crowd control (Stomp) and scaleable team buff (Roar)
2. Nova: Best offensive frame. 3 solid abilities. Scaleable crowd control and single best enemy debuff in game (Prime), foot speed and fast travel (Wormhole), and devastating attack (Antimatter).
3. Loki: Most tactical frame. All 4 abilities are useful in multiple ways and in multiple combos. Scaleable enemy debuff (Disarm). Fun as hell to play.
4. Vauban: Situationally indispensible. 2 solid abilities. Scaleable crowd control in both Bastille and Vortex. Fun to play.
5. Trinity: 2 solid abilities. Best team buff and best tank with Blessing and Link. Not crazy about Well of Life or E Vamp. Effective but kind of boring. Also has a lobster tail.

Nyx also scales really well based mostly on Chaos but is otherwise lame. Everybody else is useful only at low level (all AOE frames) or is effective but extremely situational (Frost, Mag).

My top 5, based mostly on effectiveness at high levels, scaleability of powers, and subjective fun factor.

1. Rhino: Most versatile frame. 3 solid abilities. Survivable with no knock downs (Iron Skin), scaleable crowd control (Stomp) and scaleable team buff (Roar)
2. Nova: Best offensive frame. 3 solid abilities. Scaleable crowd control and single best enemy debuff in game (Prime), foot speed and fast travel (Wormhole), and devastating attack (Antimatter).
3. Loki: Most tactical frame. All 4 abilities are useful in multiple ways and in multiple combos. Scaleable enemy debuff (Disarm). Fun as hell to play.
4. Vauban: Situationally indispensible. 2 solid abilities. Scaleable crowd control in both Bastille and Vortex. Fun to play.
5. Trinity: 2 solid abilities. Best team buff and best tank with Blessing and Link. Not crazy about Well of Life or E Vamp. Effective but kind of boring. Also has a lobster tail.

Nyx also scales really well based mostly on Chaos but is otherwise lame. Everybody else is useful only at low level (all AOE frames) or is effective but extremely situational (Frost, Mag).
Technically Nekros scales really well. His abilities are just lackluster outside of Desecrate.

Terror should make enemies cower in place or something. It would be pretty solid if it made enemies prone.

Also, Nova is #1 for me.

If you care about "survivability" then nothing is more effective than Trinity. You're fucking invincible for nearly a half-minute. It's just as useful against level 200 enemies as it is against level 2 enemies and the benefits extend to your group members as well. Nothing touches that.

Trinity is Bestframe.
The question isn't "why pick Nyx", though, but "why use Absorb". If the only reason to pick Nyx is Absorb, you would be right.

Dunlop

Arg, can you really make only 1 of the same type at a time?

Purchased 5 x Detonite Injector blueprints so I could make an Ogris.

at 12 hours per but messed up times because I work it will like probably 4 days to have the mats lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

While it's hard to argue with these as the top 5 frames, I would say that unless you intent on doing wave 50 defenses with level 200 enemies, plenty other warframes do really well in the current bread and butter endgame like Tower 3 void, Derelicts and high level defenses:

a) Mag: the absolute best DPS against corpus, also has good utility (heals shields).
b) Nekros: you want at least one for survivals desecrating every corpse until it pops..
c) Ember: rocks infested and hard. Accelerant has boosted it's utility, allowing Ember to own high level infested with ease and even do well agaisnt other factions.
d) Saryn: corrupt build reduces Saryn to a one trick pony, but what a trick. Miasma wipes rooms, in Tower 3 only gunners survive it.

Just my 5 cents.

koryuken

Nyx is my favourite. By the way give Nyx a penta and she will do so much damage. Put down 5 grenades (faster if you got split chamber) sit on them with absorb and then detonate them. They'll damage the enemies around you while you take no damage from it, and then hit them again with massive absorb damage. I had a max overextended on so -60% damage and still managed to hit 18k to heavy gunners at level 65+ on T3 defense.

Can you really detonate Penta nades while in absorb? If so, this is 100% cheap/easy way to kill Stalker solo.

Lay down 5 grenades and wait for Stalker
go into Absorb and detonate grenades
???
Profit

The other problem with nekros is that he needs corpses, sooo if, say, a nova is around...

I felt bad for the nekros in my team on a TD yesterday :(

frizby

Technically Nekros scales really well. His abilities are just lackluster outside of Desecrate.

Terror should make enemies cower in place or something. It would be pretty solid if it made enemies prone.

Also, Nova is #1 for me.

Nekros would probably be my #6. 3 decent abilities that all scale and indispensable for high level Survival and mod farming.

Nova and Rhino are really 1 and 1.5 with Rhino barely winning out (for me) based on his usefulness in solo missions.

koryuken

The other problem with nekros is that he needs corpses, sooo if, say, a nova is around...

Actually, I don't think that's the case. I was playing ODD (as Nekros) with a Nova that kept spamming Prime, and I was able to summon zombies and desecrate.

Wasted time? Bah. Everybody should set aside a few moments to float cross-legged whilst meditating on the nature of the universe, soaking up damage to reflect and of course replenishing shields before unleashing *BWOOF* in the immediate area to negligible or awesome effect. It also looks neato.

Trinity is Bestframe.
Its the only warframe that's ever made me yawn from using her powers, and she kind of looks like a roach lobster. I also remember twiddling my toes and whistling in boredom while a friend tried out that Trinity uber-boss killing trick, and I got to... watch.

Not saying she's a shitty frame by any means, but only that I appreciate her when its somebody else that's very much not me that's playing her.

I'll give her another try though, for shits and giggles, at some point. Because she's there and everything. Nyx took me a few tries to figure out what made her tick, but I'm glad I stuck with it. Maybe Trinity will be the same.

Nekros can desecrate MP'd bodies just fine. The game will regenerate the corpse and then desecrate it. You have 3 seconds from the time of the explosion before the opportunity is gone. Once a big MP explosion goes off I spend my next 3 seconds spamming desecrate anyway.

Nekros would probably be my #6. 3 decent abilities that all scale and indispensable for high level Survival and mod farming.

Nova and Rhino are really 1 and 1.5 with Rhino barely winning out (for me) based on his usefulness in solo missions.
I'd say Nekros has 3 decent abilities and 1 fantastic one. Soul Punch is still CC, and it can help take down a gunner or napalm safely. It is also good for sniping shield bots and knocking enemies off of levels for cheap kills. Terror is at least good for creating breathing room, but so is Shadows of the Dead.

The problem with Nekros is that he needs support to support. Nekros on a team with Nova and Nyx is amazing. Nekros with Ember, Rhino, and Frost is garbage. He has no reliable mass crowd control, so he needs someone else to do it for him at high levels. Terror just doesn't hit enough enemies for an ability that cannot be refreshed before its duration is complete.

He would be fine if Shadows of the Dead pulled from team kills instead of personal kills, and if it lasted MUCH longer. 30 seconds of meat shields with bad AI and damage for 100 energy? That's terrible, but the real problem is that Nekros isn't always killing enough enemies to keep Shadows of the Dead going, and he needs it going permanently if he wants to survive - it's his alternative to crowd control.

I would run Nekros as my main frame if Shadows of the Dead were fixed up so I could survive solo once enemies get crazy high in level, but right now I feel made of glass when I use him even though I have Vitality, Quick Thinking, Flow, and Rage all equipped on him.

Sidenote: Oberon will be done in a day, and I plan on trying the following setup with him:
4x Abilities
Vitality
Rage
Focus
Blind Rage
Stretch
Fleeting Expertise
Equilibrium

Basically, I want big booms that heal him to make up for damage taking via Rage. Duration doesn't matter because Hallowed Ground is garbage and I don't mind his healing taking longer (I prefer it actually). My only issue is that I obviously have one too many mods on him right now. Thoughts on how to resolve that issue?

I'm also not sure what aura to use on him. With Rage and Equilibrium, I doubt the necessity of Energy Siphon. It is only marginally useful on my Nekros.

Is this game like CoD
No, it is good.

molnizzle

Pretty much, yeah. Besides falling asleep and failing the simplistic mission objectives, how do you lose at Warframe? By dying. What does Trinity do? Prevents you – and your entire group – from dying. Shit, it's literally "god mode." You can't lose!

Damn. I just went through and sold all my duplicate shit yesterday.

I'm also with Null in that I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. It's a band aid for the current issue of RNG but it doesn't fix the inherent problems with RNG. I would rather have a token system or something.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Too late man, that shit is dead to me. DEAD TO ME.
OH WHAT??!? I got beaten to the punch with making a FUME-Frost Prime crack?! I must be getting sloppy! :D

On the upside, at least I'll be able to get my Ember Prime helm easily. Maybe it's time to go farm some Towers and keep some spare parts available. Anyone up for some T3 runs for rare bps? :)

madp0k

Really liking this but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem, my game seems to have been deleted twice. The first time I sort of blamed myself and thought I may have fat fingered delete rather than Close App but it did it again last night and I'm almost certain that I had just closed app.

It's a shame because my internet is powered by crack laced mice and it takes an age for me to redownload it.

Dave1988

WHAT. THE. FUCK??!?

What is this magical bullshit??!?

Remember how they upgraded Steel Charge to have 10 ranks on PC? Well, they decided to nerf.it.to.the.ground. and revert it back to only having 5 ranks again. However, anyone who had a Steel Charge ranked to r6 or above received 2 Legendary Cores as compensation. The more Steel Charges at rank 6 or above you had, the more Legendary Cores you got. A Legendary Core maxes out a mod instantly and costs no credits to do so.

yella

Remember how they upgraded Steel Charge to have 10 ranks on PC? Well, they decided to nerf.it.to.the.ground. and revert it back to only having 5 ranks again. However, anyone who had a Steel Charge ranked to r6 or above received 2 Legendary Cores as compensation. The more Steel Charges at rank 6 or above you had, the more Legendary Cores you got. A Legendary Core maxes out a mod instantly and costs no credits to do so.
Legendary Cores are something new to Update 12, I take it? Where's the best place to find them?

bLaiSe

I watched a YT video about these Legendary cores and the guy said that one of the devs told this to the community a few hours before it happened. Some players were managed to get a lot of legendary cores, because they bought a lot of Steel Charges. I wonder if the rank 10 Steel Charges made it into the PS4 update and if we'll get the same "compensation" too.
Legendary Cores are something new to Update 12, I take it? Where's the best place to find them?
Come on, you even quoted him. :)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
.... :-( Well, that's a bug I'm sad to miss out on.

yella

I watched a YT video about these Legendary cores and the guy said that one of the devs told this to the community a few hours before it happened. Some players were managed to get a lot of legendary cores, because they bought a lot of Steel Charges. I wonder if the rank 10 Steel Charges made it into the PS4 update and if we'll get the same "compensation" too.

Come on, you even quoted him. :)
I was asking if they're available to farm in the game, or if that's the only way to get them.

Top Bottom