• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

yella

Oka, okay, I get the message lol. Wishful thinking is all. They reall should make them a super-rare, OD only commodity though. Like 1 in 1000. Or maybe w in 10000.
EDIT: Btw, has there been any word on when Update 12 will hit PS4?

Dave1988

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182939-ps4-u12-build-submitted-to-cert/?p=2131557

Heads up PS4 Tenno, the Update 12 build has been submitted to Sony for cert!

It will include Updates 11.5.8 up to 12.0.5 and any critical fixes thereafter. Full build notes will be posted with the Update's deployment.

Thanks for your patience, we're looking forward to getting this deployed!

Blueprint trading is hotfix 12.2.0. Sigh, that's at least another month and a half of waiting before blueprints become tradable for the console peasants. That's, of course, assuming that they don't change their minds and remove this feature lol.

koryuken

I'm also with Null in that I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. It's a band aid for the current issue of RNG but it doesn't fix the inherent problems with RNG. I would rather have a token system or something.

I am on the side of the fence that this is a horrendous idea. The only "end game" Warframe has is collecting Prime weapons and frames. If they make this stuff trad-able, people will acquire this content very easily and there will be no point to play. Are you going to grind boring ass missions on the solar system? No way. Are you going to do Void runs/Orokin Derelict missions? No... you can easily get the parts through trade. I know that personally, I will get bored of the game very quickly when/if this happens. One of the appeals of the Prime stuff, is that you cannot buy it and it is genuinely rare.

bLaiSe

I am on the side of the fence that this is a horrendous idea. The only "end game" Warframe has is collecting Prime weapons and frames. If they make this stuff trad-able, people will acquire this content very easily and there will be no point to play. Are you going to grind boring ass missions on the solar system? No way. Are you going to do Void runs/Orokin Derelict missions? No... you can easily get the parts through trade. I know that personally, I will get bored of the game very quickly when/if this happens. One of the appeals of the Prime stuff, is that you cannot buy it and it is genuinely rare.
My thought exactly. I don't think the prime trading is a good idea.

ID : udontneed2know26

I was with the group early but was inactive due to life and playing everything else. Now I am hopelessly addicted to Warframe for now so if you want to add me into the clan and throw down some friend requests that would be awesome!

Currently building the Nyx Warframe I just got the materials for today. My main is a lv. 30 Valkyr I love to play as. The Hysteria move is awesome for bosses since it does massive damage and I'm basically invincible. I am slowly moving my way through Saturn at the moment and use a lv 30 Karak main weapon and Dual Ethers for my blades.

So not close to end game or anything but moving along.

Dave1988

So, don't trade if you don't like it? Nobody's forcing you to use the feature once it's implemented. It's way batter than losing days grinding for a specific component that has a ridiculously small chance to drop thanks to table dilution and counting on DE to someday fix the loot table diliution is aking to hoping you'll one day see a pink unicorn in real life. It just ain't gonna happen.

Sure, it's not a perfect solution but at least it's a bandaid that will lessen the RNG bullshit that will come when they further dilute the Void / OD tables when they'll introcude new Prime gear.

So, don't trade if you don't like it? Nobody's forcing you to use the feature once it's implemented.
You didn't read what they said. They said that the game will become boring once the prime parts are so easy to acquire. Your post doesn't address the boredom issue. Grinding to do what others get for free does not make sense.

Dave1988

You didn't read what they said. They said that the game will become boring once the prime parts are so easy to acquire. Your post doesn't address the boredom issue. Grinding to do what others get for free does not make sense.

I did read what they said. If their problem is that blueprints being tradable will make the game "boring" then simply don't use the feature. Nobody is forcing them to trade blueprints. It's an option when you're tired of RNG fucking you over. Don't like the feature, don't use it. Simple as that.

Dave19888 said:
IIRC you can also access Twitch via the PS4's web browser. Gonna check the next time I'm on.

Checked to see if remebered it correctly and I did. You can watch twich via the PS4's web browser.

Is anybody else having trouble logging in? I've been trying to play Warframe for the past day but it just goes on a loop while on the "press X to accept" screen until it times out. It seems that I'm the only one having this issue.

I did read what they said. If their problem is that blueprints being tradable will make the game "boring" then simply don't use the feature. Nobody is forcing them to trade blueprints. It's an option when you're tired of RNG fucking you over. Don't like the feature, don't use it. Simple as that.
No, it really isn't that simple.

They want X.
X is all that is left for them.
X is going to be given to them.
They now have nothing left that they want.

The answer to this problem is not "don't get the thing you want" or "make it harder on yourself to get the thing you want". That is stupid.

Dave1988

No, it really isn't that simple.

They want X.
X is all that is left for them.
X is going to be given to them.
They now have nothing left that they want.

The answer to this problem is not "don't get the thing you want" or "make it harder on yourself to get the thing you want". That is stupid.

But X isn't being given to you. After the trade feature is implemented, it is up to YOU to decide if you want to persue X via a different means then was previously available to you. You can still spend countless hours grinding for the component you need if you refuse to get it via trade. Trading Blueprints is optional. If you feel that trading for the component you need would cheapen the experience for you then don't do it. It really is that simple.

So, don't trade if you don't like it? Nobody's forcing you to use the feature once it's implemented.
My problem with trading has nothing to do with boredom.

Not sure if trading is the best thing for a game like this.

If anything it'll provide more incentive to make some items drop even less often. Over time it could lead to something similar to how Diablo III's auction house warped both real and perceived drop rates.

If trading takes off, I'd expect rare items to become even rarer, so as to balance rarity against the ease of trading items. For something to be truly rare in a game with item trading, you have to make it much harder to get than it already is, otherwise the community acting as a whole will make any sense of rarity trivial. And increasing the rarity of drops further would mean that players who choose not to engage with the trading system will have next to zero chance of getting those rares.

And for those players who make trading a regular part of their play, the amount of time they'll spend playing in order to reach their next upgrade will increase (since they're circumventing the game's drop rhythms), which will just make the game feel like a longer grind, subjectively, even if the drop rates haven't changed.

We've seen this exact thing happen in Diablo 3. If people think the drop rates are bad now, just wait and see what happens if trading starts to take off.

Dave1988

My problem with trading has nothing to do with boredom.

If trading takes off, I'd expect rare items to become even rarer, so as to balance rarity against the ease of trading items. For something to be truly rare in a game with item trading, you have to make it much harder to get than it already is, otherwise the community acting as a whole will make any sense of rarity trivial. And increasing the rarity of drops further would mean that players who choose not to engage with the trading system will have next to zero chance of getting those rares.

And for those players who make trading a regular part of their play, the amount of time they'll spend playing in order to reach their next upgrade will increase (since they're circumventing the game's drop rhythms), which will just make the game feel like a longer grind, subjectively, even if the drop rates haven't changed.

We've seen this exact thing happen in Diablo 3. If people think the drop rates are bad now, just wait and see what happens if trading starts to take off.

That's going to happen regardless of the blueprint trade. IIRC they stated that new Prime gear will be coming with Melee 2.0 so the tables are going to become even more diluted. There's no going around that.

Dunlop

I have a very bipolar relationship with this game

Tried some other classes, forma'd my trinity (first and only 30) got some good mods. Ran a few defense mission where I felt uber for keeping everyone alive and cleaving the crap out of everything

Now as I needed funding I've been running a bunch of alerts where I run into a room and 3 other people fire off their room clearing ubers before I can hit anyting. I've been finishing with like 5% f the DPS, it looks like I was afk or something

...now looking back at my level 18 oberon and how to make a reckoning spec lol

koryuken

But X isn't being given to you. After the trade feature is implemented, it is up to YOU to decide if you want to persue X via a different means then was previously available to you. You can still spend countless hours grinding for the component you need if you refuse to get it via trade. Trading Blueprints is optional. If you feel that trading for the component you need would cheapen the experience for you then don't do it. It really is that simple.

To me this argument is disingenuous. If you are given an easy way to acquire the sickest loot, who in their right mind would decide to grind for 50 hours for it versus spending 10 minutes in trade chat? However, once you get those items, there is nothing left for you to do with the game. Having no alternative for end-game content (the real issue here) will most certainly ensure that people will quit since there is nothing to really try for.

That's going to happen regardless of the blueprint trade. IIRC they stated that new Prime gear will be coming with Melee 2.0 so the tables are going to become even more diluted. There's no going around that.
Well, *diluting* it with new stuff is in every way good in my book.

As far as Warframe's endgame is considered - what are people looking for? Gotta admit I've always had a hard time with the concept on the whole. Its OK for a game to end, or to have nothing new to offer up after a certain point, especially if you've completed all the other goals and challenges the game lays out for you. Its not a problem, is it?

You have to be intentionally not reading and understanding my post at this point. I refuse to believe you find it this hard to follow the logic.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Remember how they upgraded Steel Charge to have 10 ranks on PC? Well, they decided to nerf.it.to.the.ground. and revert it back to only having 5 ranks again. However, anyone who had a Steel Charge ranked to r6 or above received 2 Legendary Cores as compensation. The more Steel Charges at rank 6 or above you had, the more Legendary Cores you got. A Legendary Core maxes out a mod instantly and costs no credits to do so.
This hasn't gone into effect yet though, right? I think I have 2 Steel Charges so I may just rank them up to get the Cores.

koryuken

Yeah, gotta double check I've got mine fully ranked. Pretty sure I've got multiple.

I'm pretty sure that they would bypass the patch that made it Rank10 to avoid giving out any Legendary cores on PS4. The legendary core was essentially a bad-aid for their fuck up.

FUME5

I'm pretty sure that they would bypass the patch that made it Rank10 to avoid giving out any Legendary cores on PS4. The legendary core was essentially a bad-aid for their fuck up.

Ah well, looks like those full Serrations are still a while off.

SnakeEyes

Banned

Oh shit, I thought the increase in SC ranks had already happened, when we got the Cicero Crisis update. Shows how often I use any Aura other than Energy Siphon...

Ah well, looks like those full Serrations are still a while off.
My thoughts exactly!

Sdoots

I've started logging on to the PC version again, but the most I'm doing is one or two runs and clearing out my extractors. Spend most of the time wishing I was playing with a DS4, on my TV instead of my monitor.

Gotta say, I do like the redone HUD. I don't know if you guys have it yet, but if not, hold on to your butts. If you dig minimalist design, you will love it. Very clean in comparison to what we had/have. 3D rendering of the communications from the Lotus and whomever else may contact you is pretty cool, too.

Gotta say, I do like the redone HUD. I don't know if you guys have it yet, but if not, hold on to your butts. If you dig minimalist design, you will love it. Very clean in comparison to what we had/have. 3D rendering of the communications from the Lotus and whomever else may contact you is pretty cool, too.
The new HUD shows the health of your sentinel right?

It'll be worth it for that alone - to get a chance to say goodbye to the trusty old Carrier before some Grineer bombardier or napalm fucker annihilates it from a world away.

I slot in a maxed regenerate mod but it feels as useful as hanging a rabbit's foot on it.

Aeroknight94

Neo Member
ok I'm new to this I just watched some of the crash course videos for beginners and I've been skimming though the thread. Who is the best warframe to start out with. I was thinking about going with MAG

bLaiSe

ok I'm new to this I just watched some of the crash course videos for beginners and I've been skimming though the thread. Who is the best warframe to start out with. I was thinking about going with MAG
Yeah, go with Mag.

I just got a guardian mod last night. Should I slot it before vacuum for best use?
Vacuum should be always first on Carrier IMO. I have vacuum -> guardian -> striker -> regen equipped.

I just got a guardian mod last night. Should I slot it before vacuum for best use?

I go guardian -> vac -> regen -> striker.
In times of need you want guardian to go first. It's not like loot is going to disappear for that mere second of guardian activation.

I've started logging on to the PC version again, but the most I'm doing is one or two runs and clearing out my extractors. Spend most of the time wishing I was playing with a DS4, on my TV instead of my monitor.

I personally hate it, and I'll explain why.
1. Everything is too small and far off to the corners. It therefore becomes more extraneous to keep an eye on my health and shields.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/174707-my-eyes-cant-focus-on-the-hud/

2. I want all my vital stats in one place. Why is the energy bar on the bottom but all other vital stats on top? You need to stare up and down to keep an eye on stamina and energy.

Edgeward

Yo having sent weap mods share the same as my rifle is bullshit. Cant use all the good ones on my sentinels weapon mod because of this shit.

Might as well switch to the shotgun for deathcube once i max it out. Cant wait to go back to carrier though. Collecting ammo sucks.

Yo having sent weap mods share the same as my rifle is bullshit. Cant use all the good ones on my sentinels weapon mod because of this shit.

Might as well switch to the shotgun for deathcube once i max it out. Cant wait to go back to carrier though. Collecting ammo sucks.

Annoyed me too, just level up a double if you get one instead of fusing them both together.

molnizzle

Vacuum should be always first on Carrier IMO. I have vacuum -> guardian -> striker -> regen equipped.

Fuck no. Guardian saves your life, Vacuum just picks shit off the ground. If your shields go down and there's shit on the ground, you want your sentinel to prioritize picking the junk up before replenishing your shields? No... you want your shields replenished ASAP, then have the shit picked up.

Once you get Guardian, it should be your first slotted sentinel mod. Every sentinel, no exceptions.

The same can be said for Sanctuary. If you have both Guardian and Sanctuary, Guardian goes first. Then Sanctuary, then everything else.

I didn't even know there was a Guardian mod until this post.

@_@

It's only the best sentinel mod in the game... ;-)

...and that's why you collect two of every weapon mod. =P

ijed

Fuck no. Guardian saves your life, Vacuum just picks shit off the ground. If your shields go down and there's shit on the ground, you want your sentinel to prioritize picking the junk up before replenishing your shields? No... you want your shields replenished ASAP, then have the shit picked up.

Once you get Guardian, it should be your first slotted sentinel mod. Every sentinel, no exceptions.

Sweet thanks guys. And does it mean I don't really need to have fast deflection for my frame if the sentinel's going to restock my shields (unless I lose them twice in 30 seconds)?

Trying to tell me to collect another serration or split chamber. Might as well just quit

Serration is so easy to come by though.
As for split, I'm sure plenty of us have extra to spare.

OT:
Having a super powered sentinel is annoying when you're trying to level low level weapons.

Sweet thanks guys. And does it mean I don't really need to have fast deflection for my frame if the sentinel's on for hgoing to restock my shields (unless I lose them twice in 30 seconds)?

You still want fast deflection for high level content. Cause even if you don't die, you never know when your sent will be.

Vauban chassis alert up on Venus.

20 mins left.

Regards sentinel weapons sharing mods with your weapons, that's why I run with the sweeper with all fully ranked shotgun mods.

I still haven't found a split chamber for my rifle :(

And no guardian mod.

Top Bottom