• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

IvorB

Wow. This thread is a ghost town for weeks then I don't check it for a few days and EVERYTHING happens.

God speed, former clan leader Mol! Congrats, new clan leader Bitmap!

Is the event still live? I will be online a bit later today and ready to run it with any teams that are going.

Dave1988

Wow. This thread is a ghost town for weeks then I don't check it for a few days and EVERYTHING happens.

God speed, former clan leader Mol! Congrats, new clan leader Bitmap!

Is the event still live? I will be online a bit later today and ready to run it with any teams that are going.

Yeah, they extended the event. 10 days still to do it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I've had a death in the family so I haven't been online much these days.

Godspeed with the event and I'll probably resume my usual schedule tomorrow.

IvorB

Yeah, they extended the event. 10 days still to do it.

That's great news. Thanks!

Ivor, read my posts on the previous pages regarding the event.

You especially worry me, since you don't potato your frames.

Ha ha!! Seriously? I told you dude, most of my frames are reactored. I have five frames:
Loki - reactored
Rhino - reactored
Vauban - reactored
Nova - unreactored (not sure I like Nova)
Volt - unreactored (he's brand new)

I just don't buy reactors.

I'm gonna scout the mission out a few times then I should be ready to team up.

I've had a death in the family so I haven't been online much these days.

Godspeed with the event and I'll probably resume my usual schedule tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that, mate. My condolences.

Did the hard-lock problems with void missions get patched yet? Not going to tempt fate on that one unless the problem's been solved.

Also, tried the new operations on Earth - played about 6-7 missions with a buddy of mine and didn't once run into another player. We were definitely playing online matches, and could see a high playercount for this mission, but we never joined one in progress or just starting, and no other players ever joined our game. Is something up on our end or is this part of the operation? We bailed after a few missions because there were only two of us.

Ha ha!! Seriously? I told you dude, most of my frames are reactored. I have five frames:
I just don't buy reactors.

I'm gonna scout the mission out a few times then I should be ready to team up.

Hey, I'm not going to criticize your gameplay decisions.
It's just that you will have to pick your "job" in the event most carefully.

Unless you don't care about the 2000 point thing.

Did the hard-lock problems with void missions get patched yet? Not going to tempt fate on that one unless the problem's been solved.

Server-side patch on the very same day, no longer an issue.
Although framerate been taking a hit lately.

molnizzle

Ivor, read my posts on the previous pages regarding the event.

You especially worry me, since you don't potato your frames.

ZlrHa9x.jpg

IvorB

Hey, I'm not going to criticize your gameplay decisions.
It's just that you will have to pick your "job" in the event most carefully.

Unless you don't care about the 2000 point thing.

Yeah sure. Or more than happy to sit this one out on the bench if people don't think I'm up to it.

HORRORSHØW

Yeah sure. Or more than happy to sit this one out on the bench if people don't think I'm up to it.
you just need at least 1000 pts in order for you to get the new mods, weapon, and badge. that's easy. i'll help you with it. 2000 pts is just for clan bragging rights. don't sweat it.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Since 3 days I can't launch Warframe. It always fails to complete the update. I've deleted and re-installed both the game and the update several times. What am I doing wrong? :(

Setsuna

I hate how some of these alerts with the mod you want happens at like 2 o clock in the morning and last for like 30 minutes while like %95 of the time the alerts are for credit rewards

bebop242

Since 3 days I can't launch Warframe. It always fails to complete the update. I've deleted and re-installed both the game and the update several times. What am I doing wrong? :(

Check to see you have the latest PS4 firmware 1.62. My system failed to download it automatically and caused the same issue you have now.

So go to settings then system software settings. It will find the update and go thru the process of updating. Once finished, go delete the warframe update and restart the ps4. The update should pop up and you should be good to go.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Check to see you have the latest PS4 firmware 1.62. My system failed to download it automatically and caused the same issue you have now.

So go to settings then system software settings. It will find the update and go thru the process of updating. Once finished, go delete the warframe update and restart the ps4. The update should pop up and you should be good to go.

That seems to be it. Why can't the PS4 just inform me of an update? Why does it feel the need to keep me in the dark? That's not very nice.

Grimløck;106319393 said:
Cthulhu-frame confirmed:

Yes, please. :)

I got over 1000 points with a PUG team that had no idea what it was doing. Like, no one attacked the mines or knew we had to hack doors. The reactor would literally get to the door, and everyone would stand around like idiots while I searched for the console. I used Mag Prime, so that was not an ideal situation.

You want to do the event regardless. It is good loot.

My only wish now is we get to see our warframe's faces :E
DE can't model human faces for crap. You aren't going to get your waifu frame here.

ShinMaruku

I got over 1000 points with a PUG team that had no idea what it was doing. Like, no one attacked the mines or knew we had to hack doors. The reactor would literally get to the door, and everyone would stand around like idiots while I searched for the console. I used Mag Prime, so that was not an ideal situation.

You want to do the event regardless. It is good loot.

DE can't model human faces for crap. You aren't going to get your waifu frame here.
Alad V looks ok for president evil.

Parmenide

I scored 1700+ in Thetra's Doom Event. Wich rewards will i get? Will they give me the Quantum Badge? This thing is a bit confusing.

I did one of the Dirlect mission last night because I really need to get some better mods. I went through the whole thing solo, took forever, I extracted and then the could not connect to the server message poped up so I lost everything. Man I am still so pissed off.

Korten

Banned
Fine Tower 2 Extermination, you win. Don't give me Frost Prime Chassis blueprint... I'll take your 4 Rhino Prime System blueprints...

Edgeward

I may be able to clear ceres soon because of the invasion. So hard to find people on the outer planets without it. The rewards for invasions still really suck though, only do it once for the node clear. Hope they do something to entice people more.

Hoodbury

Started playing this game quite a bit over the weekend. Cleared out through Earth for the most part and did a bunch of the infected Mars stuff going on last night. Still don't have the greatest idea what I'm doing or how I'm suppose to be progressing though.

Some random sent me a clan invite and I accepted it but haven't seen him since or done anything with the clan. Can I leave that clan and join the GAF one still?

I may be able to clear ceres soon because of the invasion. So hard to find people on the outer planets without it. The rewards for invasions still really suck though, only do it once for the node clear. Hope they do something to entice people more.

Haha i did the same thing yesterday. :)

Mrcapcom

How come people still keep saying they don't know what to do on this game? I'm not mad or anything but a bunch of RL friends and people on the forum even ask this and its really easy.

Its 14 Planets you need to get through them all but you can't do that with out leveling your frame up.

Once you Max out your frame even still you can't get to some of the higher levels with out better gear and a better Warframe loadout.

Can't get a better load out without grinding for resources etc

Just that alone would take awhile not to mention if you go and grab more warframes and have to do it all over again or if you get a different weapon that you like.

AND thats not including all the events that happen from time to time

Lots of stuff to do the crafting time alone spends up alot of time.

Just that alone would take awhile not to mention if you go and grab more warframes and have to do it all over again or if you get a different weapon that you like.
Here I am four months in, playing just about every day and I've only just this weekend reached the last mission on Pluto, the Outer Terminus.

After a few waves of defense there me and my buddy got a Stormbringer mod (electrical damage for rifles). This meant for the first time we could start modding our weapons with corrosive damage. This also meant we'd need a few more points in our existing weapons to re-tune those weapons to our liking - so we forma'd a few of our favorite weapons and dropped ourselves back into earlier defense and survival and void missions - to level that gear up, to get a chance at Rhino Prime parts (void missions), to get me used to my new Frost frame and to just generally enjoy blowing shit up.

Thanks to the Stormbringer mod I'm now rocking a tricked out magnetic Gorgon, and a corrosive+cold Soma and Latron. Those upgrades alone have allowed me and my buddy as a duo to take on 50+ level defense missions, and its breathing new life into the game.

And we've barely dipped our toes into Tower 3, Orokin Derelict or Nightmare missions.

There's a fuckton of game here and I'm loving the longevity on offer.

How come people still keep saying they don't know what to do on this game? I'm not mad or anything but a bunch of RL friends and people on the forum even ask this and its really easy.

Its 14 Planets you need to get through them all but you can't do that with out leveling your frame up.

Once you Max out your frame even still you can't get to some of the higher levels with out better gear and a better Warframe loadout.

Can't get a better load out without grinding for resources etc

AND thats not including all the events that happen from time to time

Lots of stuff to do the crafting time alone spends up alot of time.

It's confusing because the tutorial is really bad and the personal progression isn't explained in the early game (if at all.. I'm still new). Without someone either explaining it to you or directing you to the wiki/forums progression isn't clear. A lot of the progression in Warframe is horizontal (i.e. having different frames and different mod setups for different encounters) while most games have a pretty clear vertical progression (i.e. new frames, mods, and weapons having clearly better stats as you go through the game).

It's a lot to pick up and the game doesn't seem to tell you at all. It's on the player to go look for the information. A lot of people simply won't do that and instead will just say "I don't get it" and move on to another game.

Mrcapcom

Here I am four months in, playing just about every day and I've only just this weekend reached the last mission on Pluto, the Outer Terminus.

After a few waves of defense there me and my buddy got a Stormbringer mod (electrical damage for rifles). This meant for the first time we could start modding our weapons with corrosive damage. This also meant we'd need a few more points in our existing weapons to re-tune those weapons to our liking - so we forma'd a few of our favorite weapons and dropped ourselves back into earlier defense and survival and void missions - to level that gear up, to get a chance at Rhino Prime parts (void missions), to get me used to my new Frost frame and to just generally enjoy blowing shit up.

Thanks to the Stormbringer mod I'm now rocking a tricked out magnetic Gorgon, and a corrosive+cold Soma and Latron. Those upgrades alone have allowed me and my buddy as a duo to take on 50+ level defense missions, and its breathing new life into the game.

And we've barely dipped our toes into Tower 3, Orokin Derelict or Nightmare missions.

There's a fuckton of game here and I'm loving the longevity on offer.
Exactly I'm not as hardcore as some and im still just getting comfortable forma'ing my frames and that puts life into the game as well. Just forma'd my Soma and now i have a extra slot as well as knowing what cards to put in I'm having a really fun time. I still haven't gotten the parts needed for Zephr smh the special parts you get from the ospray

It's confusing because the tutorial is really bad and the personal progression isn't explained in the early game (if at all.. I'm still new). Without someone either explaining it to you or directing you to the wiki/forums progression isn't clear. A lot of the progression in Warframe is horizontal (i.e. having different frames and different mod setups for different encounters) while most games have a pretty clear vertical progression (i.e. new frames, mods, and weapons having clearly better stats as you go through the game).

It's a lot to pick up and the game doesn't seem to tell you at all. It's on the player to go look for the information. A lot of people simply won't do that and instead will just say "I don't get it" and move on to another game.

Yea I feel you but if you said that to the creators they probally would either point u to the wiki or say its a beta. I feel your pain but they try to make the game friend based and I guess they just figure you would figure it out on your own or through people. Personally I had the same issue but WarFrameGaf helped out so had no issues.

Top Bottom