• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

molnizzle

For the new page:

TETHRA'S DOOM EVENT QUICK GUIDE UPDATED

a) Collect from your inbox the recipes for the two keys, the power core and the shield core cyphers.

b) Head to Earth and enter the Tethra's Doom event node. Just do one wave and you'll get rewarded with 2 data fragments when you extract. Repeat as necessary. No matter how many waves you do, you will only get 2 data fragments. This is not your regular interception, grineer will swarm you and a lot of leaders will spawn.

c) Power Core Key requires 3 fragments, Shield core Key requires 6 fragments.

d) Use Power Core Key to access the special event tileset. Score 500 or higher. This one is quite easy, enemies are around level 10.

e) Use Shield core Key to access very special event tileset. Score 1000 or higher. Now this one get serious, enemies are around level 30. Also, every door needs to be hacked - it is highly recommended you have a dedicated player ahead with cyphers on his inventory for autohack. On the top rail you will see yellow items - these are mines. Your advance player should blow them up as they will damage the shield core a great deal. Ideally you want to score over 2k for the clan competition. Both a Trinity and a Mag are highly recommended since the shield core will drain your shields at a high rate.

Wiki link for extra info: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Tethra's_Doom

This event is actually the first time I've played Interception.

Why are pugs so bad at it.
It blows my mind. I had a team of 3 that lost the first set of event waves. I just sat at one location with Frost Prime. I dont know what the hell those other guys were doing.

Side note: interception is extremely boring, but he event version is intense. They should make that the standard.

Inability to sit still. Announce that you`ll take point X. If anyone comes close, say that you have it covered. With luck, someone else will announce that they`ll take point Z, and things will happily fall into place.

Inability to sit still. Announce that you`ll take point X. If anyone comes close, say that you have it covered. With luck, someone else will announce that they`ll take point Z, and things will happily fall into place.
This is why I use Frost Prime. Once I set the globe down, everyone leaves my spot alone.

Yeah it was weird the groups I kept getting last night would all hold 1 spot, so then I would branch off to take a second location but I would get swarmed and wind up down and no one would come to revive me. Maybe the objectives are just not clear or something but the enemies would have B,C, and D, and my team would just hold A until mission failed would pop up.

My recommended setup to approaching the Shield Cipher event:

1x Range& Efficiency focused Frost
1x high shield & Efficiency focused Mag
1x Efficiency focused Nova
1x Speed focused zephyr

Frost will need to spam snowglobes along the track to provide maximum protection to the core+enemy slowdown.

Mag will need to spam shield polarize + stay under the core to keep it moving.

Nova will need to spam M. Prime to take out large group of enemies, as fast as possible.

Zephyr’s maneuverability + projectile blocking ability give it easier time to hack consoles.

I’m not a fan of running trinity unless people are willing to go with a max efficiency setup. Even then, blessing still cost more than shield polarize to spam. Furthermore, assuming Nova is doing her job, Trinity won’t be seeing much energy orbs along the tracks for her to pick up.

Buy auto-hacks if needed.

molnizzle

I’m not a fan of running trinity unless people are willing to go with a max efficiency setup. Even then, blessing still cost more than shield polarize to spam. Furthermore, assuming Nova is doing her job, Trinity won’t be seeing much energy orbs along the tracks for her to pick up.

Who cares about energy orbs? As long as at least one other person in the group has Energy Siphon, Trinity can keep spamming Blessing forever – and even if no one else does, it would take about 3 1/2 minutes of constant Blessing spam before you'd need your first energy orb. I've yet to have that happen to me.

Who cares about energy orbs? As long as at least one other person in the group has Energy Siphon, Trinity can keep spamming Blessing forever – and even if no one else does, it would take about 3 1/2 minutes of constant Blessing spam before you'd need your first energy orb. I've yet to have that happen to me.

Mol, I think you're forgetting the fact that the Core will drain your shield even under the invincibility state. So if it's just Trinity running the core, you'll be casting blessing much sooner than every 30 seconds.

Again - a max duration trinity is useless for the event.
Trinity is recommended for the event because blessing recharge shields, not for the invincibility (survivability should not be an issue.) In that sense, a mag protected under frost's snowglobe is still more useful and spammable.

molnizzle

I've demoted myself down to Lieutenant and promoted Bitmap Frogs to Warlord. It was a pleasure to serve as this clan's leader while I had it, but seeing as I do not play as frequently as I used to I didn't feel right remaining in charge. I remember feeling beyond frustrated with my predecessor due to him being MIA all the time. It wouldn't be fair for me to do that to you guys now.

Anyway, congrats to Bitmap! I know that he'll do a fantastic job.

Mol, I think you're forgetting the fact that the Core will drain your shield even under the invincibility state. So if it's just Trinity running the core, you'll be casting blessing much sooner than every 30 seconds.

Hmm... interesting. I've yet to actually run the event, just been collecting the mats for the keys and building a stockpile. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a go now and see what you're talking about.

I've demoted myself to General and promoted Bitmap Frogs to Warlord. It was a pleasure to serve as this clan's leader while I had it, but being that I do not play as frequently as I used to I didn't feel right remaining in charge. I remember being beyond frustrated with my predecessor being MIA all the time. It wouldn't be fair for me to do that to you guys now.

Can't say we didn't see it coming.

Losing our leader to....

4388337f93a1d20eb75d4b58781b061d.gif

IMBored

I've demoted myself to General and promoted Bitmap Frogs to Warlord. It was a pleasure to serve as this clan's leader while I had it, but seeing as I do not play as frequently as I used to I didn't feel right remaining in charge. I remember feeling beyond frustrated with my predecessor due to him being MIA all the time. It wouldn't be fair for me to do that to you guys now.

Goodspeed Mol, you have been a great leader and it's good to see you know when to step down. Bit's great, he will do a awesome job too.

I'm also pretty out of the game, yesterday I spent half a game wondering if reload was broken by the update because I was hitting the block button :|. But I'm hoping to start spending more time with it again, at least until XIV releases.

Mol, I suspect I speak for everyone who's opinion matters, when I say what a great job you did in your time as Warlord. The dojo is leaps and bounds better and I know you spent a lot of time, resources and money to get it there.

As for Bitmap. . . God help us, psychedelic dojo incoming :p

dacalo

I would appreciate an invite to the clan. Have logged approximately 120+ hours on the game so not a total noob. I will be regularly online until busy season at work starts in May or so.

PSN: dacalo

molnizzle

I would appreciate an invite to the clan. Have logged approximately 120+ hours on the game so not a total noob. I will be regularly online until busy season at work starts in May or so.

PSN: dacalo

You're either already in another clan or you have a pending invite to one, you've gotta get that cleared up before we can send you in invite to NeoGAF.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I've demoted myself down to Lieutenant and promoted Bitmap Frogs to Warlord. It was a pleasure to serve as this clan's leader while I had it, but seeing as I do not play as frequently as I used to I didn't feel right remaining in charge. I remember feeling beyond frustrated with my predecessor due to him being MIA all the time. It wouldn't be fair for me to do that to you guys now.

Hmm... interesting. I've yet to actually run the event, just been collecting the mats for the keys and building a stockpile. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a go now and see what you're talking about.

Thanks Mol!

I will take care of the clan to the best of my abilities.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thanks Mol!

I will take care of the clan to the best of my abilities.
Just don't give Dave any powers and I'm sure we'll all be fine... :D

I almost threw my controller at my TV last night, because the first two PUG games I got into were full of fucking idiots. The 3rd game, however, was just me and one other guy and we 2-manned it with ease. Also the first time I'd played Interception.

I don't have as much time to play as I used to, but I've built my Shield Cypher and have leveled Mag Prime and Nova (and Vauban and Rhino, for that matter) to use in the mission. Let me know - here, if at all possible - if there's a group that wants to cowboy up and go take it on.

molnizzle

I almost threw my controller at my TV last night, because the first two PUG games I got into were full of fucking idiots. The 3rd game, however, was just me and one other guy and we 2-manned it with ease. Also the first time I'd played Interception.

Yeah, it was rough for a bit. After several fail pugs I was finally matched with a couple of other decent players and we 4-capped 7-8 runs straight with just the three of us. I will say that interception seems like a pretty fun game type, at least for this event.

I'll be looking to do some score attempts tomorrow if anyone else wants to join in.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Tonight at 7PM EDT, Rebecca and Megan will be streaming from PS4, watch it on twitch for a chance to win 1000 platinum.

Primetime streams usually have around half the viewership as the devstreams so your chance to win platinum doubles!

molnizzle

Tonight at 7PM EDT, Rebecca and Megan will be streaming from PS4, watch it on twitch for a chance to win 1000 platinum.

Primetime streams usually have around half the viewership as the devstreams so your chance to win platinum doubles!

Streaming from PS4?

Oh man, can't wait to see the frame rates.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Also, I would like to remember everyone that there's only 4 days left for the Tethra's Doom event to end and only 11 people have scored over 2000 points!

NeoGAF stands tall and proud! The event takes less than an hour to complete, no need to scan plants anymore!

Working on it right now. Kinda know what I'm doing. I've been absent from the game for a while because of family stuff but I'm back now :)

Edit: well it looks like I'm not getting these shard things. It's either host migration or everyone dies. Fucking stupid.

Edit 2: NVM, Dreamgazer is the man.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also, I would like to remember everyone that there's only 4 days left for the Tethra's Doom event to end and only 11 people have scored over 2000 points!

NeoGAF stands tall and proud! The event takes less than an hour to complete, no need to scan plants anymore!
Well, I would but there's no one left online to play with when I log in each night and I absolutely refuse to do this event with PUGs anymore.

Edgeward

Can someone invite me to the clan group chat? Psn edgeward34

I still need to run both tethras, so i am looking for a group to run with

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Can someone invite me to the clan group chat? Psn edgeward34

I still need to run both tethras, so i am looking for a group to run with

We are at max, some of the people who are no longer playing are hogging it, i will send messages tonight and hopefully I can invite you in tomorrow.

Top Bottom