• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Parmenide

I'm having a hard time with Mastery Rank 8. Spent a lot on leveling stamina mods and did some practice in the dojo but still I don't see any improvements.
I'm considering building Zephyr. Best place for Oxium Farming?

I'm having a bitch of a time finding serration for my rifle, any suggestions? I see most people talking about farming grineer defense missions being the best way, but as of yet that hasn't yielded any results.

I got an extra streamline and rifle ammo mutation last night. If anyone needs either of those and has a split chamber to trade let me know.

I'm having a bitch of a time finding serration for my rifle, any suggestions? I see most people talking about farming grineer defense missions being the best way, but as of yet that hasn't yielded any results.

It has to be tier 2 defense missions.
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Defense

Best just do them on Europa.

Eventually it'll drop anyway. Serration is not rare at all.

I got an extra streamline and rifle ammo mutation last night. If anyone needs either of those and has a split chamber to trade let me know.

Have you tried worshiping at the House of Narc?

ethomaz

Banned
Hello.

I started to play the game every day since I finished the Insanus mod in Outlast... and I'm loving.

But it have four days I can't beat the Earth - Euroasia misson... so much enemies already in the third planet.

Hoodbury

Hello.

I started to play the game every day since I finished the Insanus mod in Outcast... and I'm loving.

But it have four days I can't beat the Earth - Euroasia misson... so much enemies already in the third planet.

I still don't have that one completed either.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Mooks, Frizby, Helscream, Kurt, Stray Dog... you guys will handle the friends and family new recruits. The MOTD instructs people to contact you guys when you are online.

Be ready for it.

10-15 people who enjoy this game and play often, that's our goal.

As for everyone else, start forwarding your candidates.

GOGOGO NEOGAF GO!
Yay, delegation of labour!

Also, I seem to have missed what seems to be vital info. What are the Solar Rails and why the fuck would I *want* to be paying to repair them, if 1% is 15mil credits?!

Wait until you get a load of Phobos.

Pro tip: Pack some extra ammo. And if its a rescue, expect to easily make it halfway to extraction with the VIP before the entire Grineer species ambushes you.

Dave1988

Also, I seem to have missed what seems to be vital info. What are the Solar Rails and why the fuck would I *want* to be paying to repair them, if 1% is 15mil credits?!

Solar Rails are links that let you access new grinding spots outside the Solar system.

It's not 15mil creds for a 1% damaged Solar Rail. It's 15 million creds for a 99% damaged rail.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Remember to invite into the chat the new recruits.

The psn chat is the clan, if they're not there they are not in the clan.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Solar Rails are links that let you access new grinding spots outside the Solar system.

It's not 15mil creds for a 1% damaged Solar Rail. It's 15 million creds for a 99% damaged rail.
Aha, gotcha. So with these Solar Rails, they offer exclusive spots for grinding? So Clan or Clan + Allies only?

Dave1988

Aha, gotcha. So with these Solar Rails, they offer exclusive spots for grinding? So Clan or Clan + Allies only?

Nope, it's open to anyone once a rail is set. The clan that set the rail may then impose a credit and resource tax on anyone running missions on that rail.

manfestival

bitmapfrogs are you mad at me? I am roastedham btw

I totally want in GAF. Especially since it seems like I can actually get all the crap I want without having to UNLOCK XP garbage whatnot stuff

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can anyone connect to the games server? Because I can't... Wanted to get that damn Valkyr helm off alert.
There's been connectivity issues with the game servers since about 10pm last night (NZ Time). There was a post about it on the WarFrame FB page this afternoon.

Edgeward

I can give you a spare one I have. A lot of people in the wikia suggest Kappa on Sedna if you want to do it the honest way

I'm having a hard time with Mastery Rank 8. Spent a lot on leveling stamina mods and did some practice in the dojo but still I don't see any improvements.
I'm considering building Zephyr. Best place for Oxium Farming?

Oxium go to mimas on saturn.

Vorheez

Uh oh... I feel that addiction creeping in guys, didn't want to put it down tonight, starting to get a grip on things.

Am I still contributing to some greater thing for the clan by simply completing missions? I was looking at our stats and noticed some "total missions completed" type things etc so I assume I would be adding to that?

Liljagare

Got my fibres modem bridged last night, so should be able to join more groups now hopefully.. :)

Found out the UpnP is bugged to hell and beyond with the suppliers custom software in it, it never turns on, and it doesn't do portmapping, even if it tells you it's on/working.. :p

BTW, look for the card that increases power duration on say, lokis invis, rhinos shout etc, anyone remember what it is called?

Got my fibres modem bridged last night, so should be able to join more groups now hopefully.. :)

Found out the UpnP is bugged to hell and beyond with the suppliers custom software in it, it never turns on, and it doesn't do portmapping, even if it tells you it's on/working.. :p

BTW, look for the card that increases power duration on say, lokis invis, rhinos shout etc, anyone remember what it is called?
Narrow Minded
Constitution
Continuity

All of those increase power duration.

Mrcapcom

Was farming Oxium on a Nightmare Mission last night got a bunch of cards and Oxium of course lol One more piece to craft roughly 150 more oxium needed then the 3 day wait for Zephyr can't wait!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Was farming Oxium on a Nightmare Mission last night got a bunch of cards and Oxium of course lol One more piece to craft roughly 150 more oxium needed then the 3 day wait for Zephyr can't wait!

You're in for a treat, Zephyr is like the awesomenest frame everest.

Hey guys I just claimed my Nekros to aid in G3 hunting and getting more loot in general.
Does increasing power cards or strengths make desecrate better. If I have maxed out power card mods will they drop 2 to 4 times the loot? Thanks

Nick

Is there no way to get Mag's Gauss helmet without being on when they happen to do an alert for it? I have tons of helmet blueprints ut none of for any frames that I use.

Hey guys I just claimed my Nekros to aid in G3 hunting and getting more loot in general.
Does increasing power cards or strengths make desecrate better. If I have maxed out power card mods will they drop 2 to 4 times the loot? Thanks

Nick
Learn to love the Warframe wiki so you know exactly how cards effect powers.

Desecrate is unaffected by strength or duration cards. I usually layer on efficiency with a small range boost. The only problem is that the most efficiency you give Desecrate, the worse Shadows of the Dead becomes.

I doubled her energy pool with some mods, levels don't have enough space to spend all that energy dashing around.
Also, tornadoes. They even travel to next rooms to find enemies!
I consider her flight to be her defining feature, though. Lots of frames have big AoE crowd control abilities. I don't see how tornados are more fun than any other AoE attack, and moves like Chaos and Molecular Prime are undoubtedly more effective.

Learn to love the Warframe wiki so you know exactly how cards effect powers.

Desecrate is unaffected by strength or duration cards. I usually layer on efficiency with a small range boost. The only problem is that the most efficiency you give Desecrate, the worse Shadows of the Dead becomes.

Thanks I never noticed the tabs on the page on how to maximize them. Guess I need to sit down with all my frames and make sure I am not wasting any slots and getting the most bang for my buck.

So I am reading the wiki and there is one thing I am confused about.

Take for instance Oberon's Reckoning. If I equip reach it will reduce damage to 500. Power strength could have it up to 2862.6. If both are equipped does Reach trump Strength making it useless to equip?

Is the way around this to have a slot that specializes in Reach for lower level foes and to have a Strength oriented slot for higher level enemies?

Also, are these equilibrium mods hard to come by? I dont think I have come across one in the months I have been playing.

Take for instance Oberon's Reckoning. If I equip reach it will reduce damage to 500. Power strength could have it up to 2862.6. If both are equipped does Reach trump Strength making it useless to equip?

Is the way around this to have a slot that specializes in Reach for lower level foes and to have a Strength oriented slot for higher level enemies?

Also, are these equilibrium mods hard to come by? I dont think I have come across one in the months I have been playing.
Stretch won't effect the damage. Overextend will.

The numbers are additive. Let's say you have the following:
Stretch (+45% range)
Overextended (+90% range, -60% damage)
Intensify (+30% damage)

The net effect is:
Range: +135% (45%+90%)
Damage: -30% (-60%+30%)

I don't think that maxing strength is ever really a great idea, but others may disagree. Once you get to the region where enemies can't be 1-shot by an ability, the additional 1-shot region more strength can buy you gets to be pretty small because enemies scale so fast in this game. I will equip Intensify usually, but the only frame I use Blind Rage on is Rhino, because his health buff doesn't have a timer so it doesn't need to be recast.

Equilibrium is easy to come by if you do ODA, but it sucks. It means you are taking health damage for it to be truly useful. And with the way enemy scaling works, taking any health damage tends to mean you are dead after a while.

The way the game is structured forces you to abuse abilities that completely disable most of the map to be effective at higher levels, and anything but this is simply garbage. It's not a well-balanced game.

Stretch won't effect the damage. Overextend will.

The numbers are additive. Let's say you have the following:
Stretch (+45% range)
Overextended (+90% range, -60% damage)
Intensify (+30% damage)

The net effect is:
Range: +135% (45%+90%)
Damage: -30% (-60%+30%)

I don't think that maxing strength is ever really a great idea, but others may disagree. Once you get to the region where enemies can't be 1-shot by an ability, the additional 1-shot region more strength can buy you gets to be pretty small because enemies scale so fast in this game. I will equip Intensify usually, but the only frame I use Blind Rage on is Rhino, because his health buff doesn't have a timer so it doesn't need to be recast.

Equilibrium is easy to come by if you do ODA, but it sucks. It means you are taking health damage for it to be truly useful. And with the way enemy scaling works, taking any health damage tends to mean you are dead after a while.

The way the game is structured forces you to abuse abilities that completely disable most of the map to be effective at higher levels, and anything but this is simply garbage. It's not a well-balanced game.

thanks for the info. the wiki helps but most of the best advice comes from players that have figured it out. it can be complicated but that is probably why i like it so much

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
thanks for the info. the wiki helps but most of the best advice comes from players that have figured it out. it can be complicated but that is probably why i like it so much

The thing tho is that the maximized value on the wiki uses the corrupted mods and the corrupted mods have both positive and negative effects.

Maximization calculations in the wiki assumes that you are only going for one specification. It does not account for mix and match situations. There is no one trump/override another situation.

First, let's clarify how those reckoning damage numbers are derived:

Max Strength = Max Blind Range + Max Intensify = 129% boost, -55% efficiency
Reckoning damage =1250 *2.29 = 2862.6

Max Reach = Max Overextend + Max Stretch = 120% boost, -60% strength.
Reckoning damage =1250 * 0.4 = 500

Moving on, you're asking what happens if you combine
Max Strength + Max Reach for Oberon.

Blind Rage Max = +99% Strength - 55% efficiency
Intensify Max = +30% strength.
Overextended Max = +90% range -60% strength
Stretch = +45% range.

End result:
Strength = 99+30-60 = 69% boost.
Range = 135% boost
Efficiency = -55%

Reckoning damage = 1250*1.69= 2112.5.

So you're really only losing 700 damage while getting a 135% boost in range.

.........assuming you can accept that jump in energy cost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing to keep in mind about maximization:
It's not always a good idea to max out corrupt mods.
Take fleeting for example. If you're not mixing it with blind range, it's better to just have a level 5 fleeting + max streamline, as energy efficiency is capped at 75%.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Equilibrium tends to drops in ODA missions.

Btw

Max Duration/Efficiency > Range > Strength. Imo.

Max strength is generally not worth it, especially in the later stages where you'll be relying more on your ability effects than damage.

I must be offline when folks are spending all their time doing level 50 plus T3 def missions and hour plus survivals lol.

There's only a few frames with the synergy to warrant maximization, but I for one use blind rage more than any other corrupted mod.

Top Bottom