• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
1400647762793.jpg

tales of the sleek

so why is our alliance again viewed as the big bad guys taking over?

We made mistakes at the beginning that cost us rep.

Then there's the fact we're winning.

Hoodbury

I still don't fully understand the Dark Sector stuff. I ran the Ceres conflict last night 10+ times and the Jupiter one earlier this week 20+ times but I have no idea how I'm helping or if what I'm doing is actually even doing anything. Is there a link that describes it in full detail somewhere? I couldn't find anything on the wiki.

It would be helpful if after you successfully run it that it has a different Mission Success screen than a normal mission. Maybe show how many points you added and what the total points is at or something.

When you first click on the dark sector and you choose who to fight for it has some data on the screen but I have no idea what any of it means. The percentages go randomly up and down it seems like. I have no idea if you want a higher percentage or a lower one and what is causing them to change. What is going on when it's 92% vs 90% and then the next time I look it's 90% vs 87%? That makes no logical sense to me. Why isn't it just a race to 100% or something? Those percents are confusing as all hell.

I also don't get what the taxes and all that is for either. Taxes for what? The alliance has a bank of money somewhere but where is that or how can I see what the balance is and what is that money used for anyway? How does money go in the bank and what makes it go out?

Sorry for being so ignorant on this but I just want to make sure my time spent running these things over and over is actually helping out. When I run it and all I get is a mostly empty mission success screen I have no idea what actually happened and it makes me nervous I'm doing something wrong and just wasting my time.

I still don't fully understand the Dark Sector stuff. I ran the Ceres conflict last night 10+ times and the Jupiter one earlier this week 20+ times but I have no idea how I'm helping or if what I'm doing is actually even doing anything. Is there a link that describes it in full detail somewhere? I couldn't find anything on the wiki.

It would be helpful if after you successfully run it that it has a different Mission Success screen than a normal mission. Maybe show how many points you added and what the total points is at or something.

When you first click on the dark sector and you choose who to fight for it has some data on the screen but I have no idea what any of it means. The percentages go randomly up and down it seems like. I have no idea if you want a higher percentage or a lower one and what is causing them to change. What is going on when it's 92% vs 90% and then the next time I look it's 90% vs 87%? That makes no logical sense to me. Why isn't it just a race to 100% or something? Those percents are confusing as all hell.

I also don't get what the taxes and all that is for either. Taxes for what? The alliance has a bank of money somewhere but where is that or how can I see what the balance is and what is that money used for anyway? How does money go in the bank and what makes it go out?

Sorry for being so ignorant on this but I just want to make sure my time spent running these things over and over is actually helping out. When I run it and all I get is a mostly empty mission success screen I have no idea what actually happened and it makes me nervous I'm doing something wrong and just wasting my time.
Percentages represent each rail's health.
Every time a person completes a conflict mission, he deals 10 dmg to rail (party of 4 people will deal 40), which has 75k hp in total if I remember right.
The goal is to get opponent's rail hp to 0 (or at least have less hp than our rail) at the end of 12-hour conflict period.

About taxes.
During "peaceful" time, rail missions work like any other node. You get bonus credits for finishing it. Percentage of that bonus goes to alliance treasury as a tax, which is set by clan\alliance that controls that rail.
You can check our alliance budget in dojo, there is a terminal in the middle of the hall near labs.
During rail conflict alliance leaders can use that money to set bonus payments to people who complete rail defense mission on our side (alliance members don't get that bonus for those missions).

VariantX

You can see that in the dojo. You can see both the clan and the alliance's funds and donate through that kiosk thing. I know for a fact a lot of that cash is used for battle pay.

Hoodbury

Percentages represent each rail's health.
Every time a person completes a conflict mission, he deals 10 dmg to rail (party of 4 people will deal 40), which has 75k hp in total if I remember right.
The goal is to get opponent's rail hp to 0 (or at least have less hp than our rail) at the end of 12-hour conflict period.

About taxes.
During "peaceful" time, rail missions work like any other node. You get bonus credits for finishing it. Percentage of that bonus goes to alliance treasury as a tax, which is set by clan\alliance that controls that rail.
You can check our alliance budget in dojo, there is a terminal in the middle of the hall near labs.
During rail conflict alliance leaders can use that money to set bonus payments to people who complete rail defense mission on our side (alliance members don't get that bonus for those missions).

Hmm, so maybe my memory is fuzzy and the percentages never go up? I could have sworn during the Jupiter conflict the percents were going up.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Kama is considered a machete, not a scythe. You need Ether reaper, Reaper Prime, or Hate to equip that stance. You need to find the Sundering Weave stance to unlock combos with the Kama.

Yikes

What about dual kamas? Same thing?

After playing for about 15 minutes the week of PS4's launch, I decided to give this another run... good god, this game is so overwhelming. I've been reading the wiki a bit, but I'm still so confused.

But anyways, any chance I can get into the GAF clan? PSN: SoullessShoes

:D

Vorheez

Guys, I just bought Blind Rage and Fleeting for 36 plat... How did I do? Did I get a good deal? I feel like I did anyways hahah

Vorheez

ANNOUNCEMENT! (I hope im allowed to say that)

I'll be running all of my void keys starting this Saturday night through Tuesday morning, anyone who wants to partake is free to join! I feel its something small I can give back for all the things you guys have done to help me.

Let's make an event out of this! Just shoot me a message whenever I'm on and I will get you in there, see you all this weekend!!

Hoodbury

Got my first helm alert that I have a warframe for - Ember, and crafted it up and got to put it on last night. I thought these things had stat buffs? I didn't see any buffs for "equipping" it.

manfestival

Dave I now understand your mentality and I am inclined to agree with your ways. I am sorry frogs. I have turned to the darkside because of the sleek chocoding

Carcetti

Not really impressed with the current patch. Crashed 8 times in the menus tonight and the one mission I managed to do didn't give any xp, loot or money. Poof, all gone. I've had trouble before but nothing like this and I read that I'm not exactly the only one.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I only started aweek or so ago but im not too impressed with the constant menu freezing failed logins and general lag in game. Game itself is ok though repetitive.

Amon37

Got my first helm alert that I have a warframe for - Ember, and crafted it up and got to put it on last night. I thought these things had stat buffs? I didn't see any buffs for "equipping" it.

They took away the buffs in U13 unless the helmet was built before U13.

Amon37

Grimløck;112805434 said:
i think i may have an extra swirling tiger stance mod for dual swords i can give you. it's one of my favorite stances. i'll hit you up in-game next time i see you.

When do you normally play and what's your PSN name?

HORRORSHØW

When do you normally play and what's your PSN name?
i was on earlier today trying to do some DS runs and looked for you. you weren't on and warframe kept logging me out. my psn is stray_dog_strut. just post a msg here when you're online and i'll hop on.

Amon37

Grimløck;113061109 said:
i was on earlier today trying to do some DS runs and looked for you. you weren't on and warframe kept logging me out. my psn is stray_dog_strut. just post a msg here when you're online and i'll hop on.

Oh okay

I'm not normally on until after 10pm Pacific time. Becuase i work the night shift my playtime is between 10pm-5am Sometimes I do see you on when I start.

David___

Banned

You sure about that? If they did the helmets should've been re-named with the "Arcane" pre-fix. I vote its just extra sleek coding and its bugged.
Seriously, where is the amprex blueprint? This is driving me nuts.

Amprex was added in U 13.1.0. What we got was U13.

I got the 'failed to upload' messages last week - am I now in the land of people whose progress doesn't save?
Was that in-game or from the PS4 UI?

Edgeward

You sure about that? If they did the helmets should've been re-named with the "Arcane" pre-fix. I vote its just extra sleek coding and its bugged.

Amprex was added in U 13.1.0. What we got was U13.

Was that in-game or from the PS4 UI?

Son of a goddamn Grineer. Thanks for the info.

Anyone getting this weird bug where your carrier's status bar is not appearing on the hud? They seem to be 75% less effective in sucking up shit when it happens.

Amon37

I guess I'm not sure, I just thought that I read as soon as U13 hit the buffs were gone.

Sleek me if wrong

Will finally be back to the game soon, but honestly not sure how long, with WatchDogs and Wolfenstein.

Oh yea, and travel. Yay for being home for more than a few days -.-

Grimløck;113088235 said:
not sure of the specifics, but they left. i think they were just burnt out by the whole alliance and dark sectors things. can't say i blame 'em.

Prepare for more quits when Watch dogs enter the arena

Pretty sure all my helmets reset and losts all the stats =(

HORRORSHØW

who was in charge of the battle pay for sechura, pluto today? ridiculous. there's no way we can maintain ourselves if we keep spending near 100mil/battle, especially if the opposition spends a fraction of that. against orokin leyends it was a battle of financial attrition, and one that was necessary; however, this battle pay was just foolhardy.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Grimløck;113103643 said:
who was in charge of the battle pay for sechura, pluto today? ridiculous. there's no way we can maintain ourselves if we keep spending near 100mil/battle, especially if the opposition spends a fraction of that. against orokin leyends it was a battle of financial attrition, and one that was necessary; however, this battle pay was just foolhardy.

Avalon was shocked.

DoctorX807

Neo Member
Hey guys, does anyone else miss the PSN chat? I like the in game chat well enough but I don't like missing all the messages when I'm in a match or not in the game. I understand that there are people who don't like the notification spam which is why I'm curious if anyone else would be interested in a second PSN GAF-Frame chat. Keep the initial one for emergency com's (everyone in the clan is on this one) and make the second one only for people who opt-in and are ok with the notification spam. Just an idea and if there isn't any real interest from others then no need to worry about it.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hey guys, does anyone else miss the PSN chat? I like the in game chat well enough but I don't like missing all the messages when I'm in a match or not in the game. I understand that there are people who don't like the notification spam which is why I'm curious if anyone else would be interested in a second PSN GAF-Frame chat. Keep the initial one for emergency com's (everyone in the clan is on this one) and make the second one only for people who opt-in and are ok with the notification spam. Just an idea and if there isn't any real interest from others then no need to worry about it.

To be honest, almost none of the silent guys have been involving themselves more with the more to the in-game chat.

I don't know what to do.

Top Bottom