• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Edgeward

I bought my hammershot for 40 just now. It was a salty purchase for failing the alert. Dont curr.

Someone else later told me they would have sold it for 10 just FYI

I ran a lot of nightmare missions on Venus early on in my Warframe career in December and hammershot was one of the first I ever received. I've since run a lot more for constitution and it's still just the one hammershot.
Having them on alerts now helps to get a specific one, but running nightmare mode on an early planet with survival or deception is much better than using your plat.

Edgeward

I have been sitting on 200 plat for months. I dont need potatoes, or slots which the only thing left to buy with it. Time is money and i am not chasing a 1 percent drop.

bLaiSe

2 weeks passed since the release of U13, so it's time to announce the winners.

1st place goes to Grimlock for this screenshot:

excali5ljlk.jpg

Looks awesome even though it has the buggy Excalibro helmet. :p

2nd place goes to Cronnie for this one:

NOOOOOOOOOO!
:)

And finally, Hoodbury takes the 3rd place with his praying Nyx:

Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone who participated!

I'll give out the prizes when I see you guys online.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Nicely done Blaise, and congratultions to the winners!

manfestival

I have been sitting on 200 plat for months. I dont need potatoes, or slots which the only thing left to buy with it. Time is money and i am not chasing a 1 percent drop.

why did you want hammershot so badly? I got it from the alert just because I was on at the time. What is supposed to be so good about it?

Hoodbury

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Awesome, thanks for doing this Blaise, this is the richest I've ever been. What should I buy with all this Plat now?

why did you want hammershot so badly? I got it from the alert just because I was on at the time. What is supposed to be so good about it?

It ups critical damage. If you are doing the ultimate paris prime build you need it. I have formaed my paris prime 4 times and maxed out most of the mods for it and I can hit things for 46k damage. Nothing can stand up to it.

Provided you can anticipate the enemy type an additional element or even a bane mod will out damage hammershot by about a good margin (even assuming 100% crit rate). While it's exciting to see huge crit multipliers, its real benefit is in being general purpose albeit at the expense of overall damage.

manfestival

Provided you can anticipate the enemy type an additional element or even a bane mod will out damage hammershot by about a good margin (even assuming 100% crit rate). While it's exciting to see huge crit multipliers, its real benefit is in being general purpose albeit at the expense of overall damage.

I was waiting for this after our conversation last night lol.

HORRORSHØW

whoa. thanks so much, sugar daddy blaise. thanks for having this competition in the first place. i'm going to set aside the extra plat for future dojo expansion and clan consideration.

In about 3.5 hours, our rail on Cholistan, Europa will come under attack. The past few attacks have been pretty limp wristed, this one however is headed by a prominent Twitch persona's clan which may mean that he can mobilize some serious numbers against us, despite not having competitive credits.

If you have the time, it would be great if you could do a few rail runs for our defense (occupant, The Syndicate)!

Cronnie

Had no idea I had won some plat until Blaise messaged me in-game, thanks again for running the competition mate, and congrats to the other winners too! :)

On the subject of running the rails, I've heard conflicting statements in Alliance chat as to whether we should be running solo or as a full team. Can anyone clarify that for me?

manfestival

Had no idea I had won some plat until Blaise messaged me in-game, thanks again for running the competition mate, and congrats to the other winners too! :)

On the subject of running the rails, I've heard conflicting statements in Alliance chat as to whether we should be running solo or as a full team. Can anyone clarify that for me?

If you are strong enough, solo is better for the alliance cause essentially it matters how many times a rail is ran. 4 people in one mission is the least efficient method of managing a rail.

Who is it that is attacking? I am at work and cannot see any of that stuff. :(

If you are strong enough, solo is better for the alliance cause essentially it matters how many times a rail is ran. 4 people in one mission is the least efficient method of managing a rail.
I thought every person in a team "deals damage" to rail?

Who is it that is attacking? I am at work and cannot see any of that stuff. :(
You can check rail stuff here almost in realtime
http://deathsnacks.com/wfps4/index.html

manfestival

I thought every person in a team "deals damage" to rail?

You can check rail stuff here almost in realtime
http://deathsnacks.com/wfps4/index.html

thanks for the link. As far as I understood from playing with Spear(the alliance GAF is in on PC), that quick solo runs are more effective than group runs for the most part. Never heard the idea that more people in a group will do more damage but it could be true. I mean, technically every person is doing damage to the rail. It was just my understanding that 4 people doing solo runs will do essentially 4 times the damage of 4 people doing 1 run. As I said, I could be wrong but that is how it was explained to me initially.

Each person does 10 points of damage. A full squad, then, does 40.

It is a bit more efficient it run solo as you don't have down time between missions and you don't have to wait for slow people at extraction.

HORRORSHØW

In about 3.5 hours, our rail on Cholistan, Europa will come under attack. The past few attacks have been pretty limp wristed, this one however is headed by a prominent Twitch persona's clan which may mean that he can mobilize some serious numbers against us, despite not having competitive credits.

If you have the time, it would be great if you could do a few rail runs for our defense (occupant, The Syndicate)!
i'll be there and do a few hundred runs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What's the deal with stances?

-as in, why can't I throw this maxed stance mod on my scythe?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I logged in for the first time in a couple of weeks last night, so that I could get U13, and man was I overwhelmed with the changes! I think this may have just done WarFrame in for me... :-/

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I logged in for the first time in a couple of weeks last night, so that I could get U13, and man was I overwhelmed with the changes! I think this may have just done WarFrame in for me... :-/

Really? They finally fix the framerate, add in a killer melee system and other stuff and you quit?

This makes me sad kurt =(

Amon37

I want to try out a stance but the only mods I have are reaping spiral and fracturing wind. Are scythes or sparring weapons any good?

SnakeEyes

Banned
Really? They finally fix the framerate, add in a killer melee system and other stuff and you quit?

This makes me sad kurt =(
Well I have no clue about all this new clan shit, but to be honest my interest has kinda just waned off. Watch_Dogs releases next week, plus I have a huge backlog of PS+ games to play on my PS3. Also as soon as August comes around you'll probably lose me altogether since we've got Diablo 3 UE Edition in August, Destiny in September and then Dragon Age: Inquistion in October.

Not to mention, when I logged in last night no one was on (due to Time Zones) and I honestly can't be fucked solo'ing or PUGing anymore. All of the new Clan stuff seems to happen when I have no way of being able to participate in a meaningful way.

...you're done playing because they added content for free?
No, I'm done because I've been playing this game heavily since the PS4 launched in November last year and I'm over it. I've got 322hrs playtime :p

HORRORSHØW

I want to try out a stance but the only mods I have are reaping spiral and fracturing wind. Are scythes or sparring weapons any good?
i think i may have an extra swirling tiger stance mod for dual swords i can give you. it's one of my favorite stances. i'll hit you up in-game next time i see you.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Well I have no clue about all this new clan shit, but to be honest my interest has kinda just waned off. Watch_Dogs releases next week, plus I have a huge backlog of PS+ games to play on my PS3. Also as soon as August comes around you'll probably lose me altogether since we've got Diablo 3 UE Edition in August, Destiny in September and then Dragon Age: Inquistion in October.

Not to mention, when I logged in last night no one was on (due to Time Zones) and I honestly can't be fucked solo'ing or PUGing anymore. All of the new Clan stuff seems to happen when I have no way of being able to participate in a meaningful way.

No, I'm done because I've been playing this game heavily since the PS4 launched in November last year and I'm over it. I've got 322hrs playtime :p

I'm willing to recruit 10 new zealanders for you bro ;D

Amon37

Grimløck;112805434 said:
i think i may have an extra swirling tiger stance mod for dual swords i can give you. it's one of my favorite stances. i'll hit you up in-game next time i see you.

That would be awesome, I've been trying for one of those for my dual zoren (soon to be dual ichor once I hit rank 6)

Liljagare

Looking for new main weps, having issues finding drops, just no luck at all.

The weapons you can buy at the clan base, are anyone of them a weapon considered to be atleast "decent" for towards higher levels?

Same w. main melee weapons.

Will try to trade for braton prime/boltor prime parts, got just the blueprints.. :p

Go with the Nikana and then upgrade to Dragon Nikana need rank 8 i think.

i have a few boltor parts send me a tell in game "Pansargryning" and ill trade them for something.

genbatzu

I don't quite get the usefulness of Dark Sector Battles now..

what are our benefits in defending DS's ?

also I can't help in pluto, since I haven't unlocked anything there :/

Dave1988

I don't quite get the usefulness of Dark Sector Battles now..

what are our benefits in defending DS's ?

also I can't help in pluto, since I haven't unlocked anything there :/

There are none. It's just grinding with absolutely no reward attached to it. You're supposed to do it "for the clan".

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Enlighten me then, great leader, what are the rewards for running conflicts?

Sigh.

Always these types of conversations with you.

a) Less taxation. High taxes are spreading around since it's the winning metagame. If your clan/alliance owns nodes you'll get taxed less.

b) DE has plans for the dark sectors: the new faction will debut there.

c) The proxy war will require the dark sectors as well.

The way the dark sectors work, if you don't get in now, good luck trying to muscle through 100M+ budget on sell swords.

Dave, I know you are not big on things that don't directly benefit you know, but don't poison the well please.

Grimløck;112822159 said:
expensive battles today, but our resolve held firm. will buy a booster tomorrow and farm credits to recoup some of the battle pay.
Kind of scary how much money 100% tax on just Venus can get you (assuming they didn't have unofficial income from other clans)

Dave1988

Sigh.

Always these types of conversations with you.

a) Less taxation. High taxes are spreading around since it's the winning metagame. If your clan/alliance owns nodes you'll get taxed less.

b) DE has plans for the dark sectors: the new faction will debut there.

c) The proxy war will require the dark sectors as well.

The way the dark sectors work, if you don't get in now, good luck trying to muscle through 100M+ budget on sell swords.

Dave, I know you are not big on things that don't directly benefit you know, but don't poison the well please.

a) is fair enough, b) and c) are so far down the road that I don't find them to be valid reasons for now. Furthermore, b) and c) will still be accessible to us even if we don't own the rails that these events happen on. I guess a) is valid enough even if it doesn't convince me that those benefits are substantial or worth fighting for. That's just my opinion, though.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
a) is fair enough, b) and c) are so far down the road that I don't find them to be valid reasons for now. Furthermore, b) and c) will still be accessible to us even if we don't own the rails that these events happen on. I guess a) is valid enough even if it doesn't convince me that those benefits are substantial or worth fighting for. That's just my opinion, though.

b) New faction coming through dark sectors you will be paying tax everytime you want to run the new guys. And you bet your ass once the new faction debuts and it's the new hotness everyone's gonna rack up the taxes.

c) Not exactly. Part of the proxy wars means donating stuff to the factions to get stuff for the entire clan. Will be easier and quickier if we get proceedings from the taxation.

Anyways, there are opportunities to mix and match Dave. Right now we're running a donation drive on pluto-sechura, only 25% tax to members. You get 17,5k per 5 waves of easy infested and the alliance gets some cash. Give it a few runs, will be more interesting than trawling 4chan looking for warframe bugs.

edit: as for the taxes, well some fuckers running 100% tax on a single venus node just threw 160M at us. Thing's gonna get wild out there.

FUME5

1 FUME would be fine, but I think he's off playing other stuff as well :)

Honestly, all it probably needs is for me to be on at the same time as threst of the clan and the problems would be solved.

Man I feel special!

Hopped on last week to check out the update and run some Dark Sector shit with Frogs. I'm going to try and run 2-3 DSs a weekend (just to contribute no matter how minor) but we'll see how that goes. The fixed framerate is fucking nice though.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Haven't touched Warframe in months..did the account merge ever happen?

It is in process. They gave us a big update on that.

The tech is working (and I know that for a fact, don't ask). The only obstacle is Sony. The issue appears to be of a bureocratic nature as they have to get every division to agree on the legalese.

Top Bottom