• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
So... because wsox is a cunt I've been playing Warframe to tide me over until Destiny&Archeage.

Am I right in that the most "motivation" to do systems/missions is to

a) get credits to buy blueprints for other warframes&weapons
b) get loot to craft said blueprints
c) get mod drops to improve skills

but... that's about it? Like, there's not much "class progression" in itself, or a proper quest system outside of the prologue, no?

So... because wsox is a cunt I've been playing Warframe to tide me over until Destiny&Archeage.

Am I right in that the most "motivation" to do systems/missions is to

a) get credits to buy blueprints for other warframes&weapons
b) get loot to craft said blueprints
c) get mod drops to improve skills

but... that's about it? Like, there's not much "class progression" in itself, or a proper quest system outside of the prologue, no?

Lorewise, no. You can do ranks that allows you to get powerful weapons each time you gain a level and the orokin voids where you can farm material to get void weapons

You do get little snippets of "plot" from the taunt dialog for some of the bosses and some codex entries, though most of Warframe's actual plot progression is during the events. The devs have indicated they'd like to resurrect past events as quests so new players can experience them, but no word on when that will start happening.

I got attacked by the G3 three times today and then the stalker wrecked my shit.

Fuck this.

Also, the main fun is playing each frame, Smelly. Each frame is sort of its own "class". Building the prime weapons and frames and getting their parts/BPs from Orokin Derelict missions and Void missions are the best part, I think.

Or farming the G3/Stalker/Harvester for their weapons.

Darvan

I can't stand not being able to complete some of these planet's since no one is online or should I say no one is playing on the planet's I need to complete. It's such a catch 22 can't level to get to the bigger planet's cause I haven't completed the planet before it. I need weapon's and gear can't get them cause I can't get people to do void run's. Argh.

frizby

I'm completely caught up with update 14. Everything is leveled, including all four Kubrows. My take so far:

• Mirage is a lot of fun and can be set up to be very powerful. She's probably not quite top tier, but she can absolutely so some work at high level. Can't wait to see her alt helmet on an alert.
  • Both Quantas are interesting, and they are actually quite different from each other. My only problem with them is that I instinctively ADS and accidently shoot the little "bombs" out.
  • The Wolverine claws (Venka?) are badass...not objectively better than other melee weapons, but they are really slick and fun to play with.
  • Kubrows are impressive and have great presentation, but the current systems in place for their breeding and maintenance are utter dogshit. Luckily, the next update will allow you to "delete" them. I think my favorites are the Sahasa and the Sunika (stealth and attack)

AndyD

aka andydumi
I can't stand not being able to complete some of these planet's since no one is online or should I say no one is playing on the planet's I need to complete. It's such a catch 22 can't level to get to the bigger planet's cause I haven't completed the planet before it. I need weapon's and gear can't get them cause I can't get people to do void run's. Argh.

I also played quite a bit this weekend after a long hiatus and the imporvements are fantastic, including the seeming increased variety in environments, the tutorial and graphics/performance.

But there seem to be so mush fewer people around. And when Destiny comes, it will be even less.

Ronin Ray

A lot of people myself included had to solo a lot of the planets in the game or play with randoms and trust me none of those planets require gear out of the Voids to beat. When your online are you asking for help in the clan chat? Best advice is to be vocal and chat. If your goal is to get to higher tier planets then get a rhino and solo then you don't need anyone. If your online and see me I will help you clear planets but remember to just help other clan members when you can.

Also, the main fun is playing each frame, Smelly. Each frame is sort of its own "class". Building the prime weapons and frames and getting their parts/BPs from Orokin Derelict missions and Void missions are the best part, I think.

Yeah, tweaking frames and weapon builds is really what keeps me coming back. Once you accumulate a good collection of the staple mods and start to sink your teeth into the potential combinations the mod system enables, there's really nothing else like it. While not always great or to one's taste, each frame and weapon has a fairly unique feel and character to build out as you level and mod it.

In some ways, Warframe feels like a RPG 'racer' to me, where the game world is basically a course to tweak and customize your character/weapon rigs.

As for solar system progression itself, another big benefit is being able to access the planets means that you can do the alerts that occur and provide access to otherwise plat-only items like helmets and reactors/catalysts.

A lot of people myself included had to solo a lot of the planets in the game or play with randoms and trust me none of those planets require gear out of the Voids to beat. When your online are you asking for help in the clan chat? Best advice is to be vocal and chat. If your goal is to get to higher tier planets then get a rhino and solo then you don't need anyone. If your online and see me I will help you clear planets but remember to just help other clan members when you can.

Ronin! What is with this Metro and Last of Us nonsense? Who do you think you're fooling?

That legendary one and done Brakk of yours came at a price. Your soul belongs to the Canadian DE RNG gods now, and let me tell you, their icy grasp is merciless and unyielding. You've checked into the Hotel Ontario of MMOs, friend, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Has the clan size limit been increased? I used to be in the GAF clan but stepped out in favor of others as I don't play this very regularly. I would like to be part of a community, but I also can't play this all the time and would feel bad taking up a slot if the limit is still low.

Darvan

Will do, I have been clearing some of the planet's that I haven't gotten matched with random's with by myself. I'm current stuck at Eurpoa "Hope that's the correct spelling" the rescue mission is a bitch playing by myself since it's timed which makes it really hard since there's a large amount of mob's to deal with.

Has the clan size limit been increased? I used to be in the GAF clan but stepped out in favor of others as I don't play this very regularly. I would like to be part of a community, but I also can't play this all the time and would feel bad taking up a slot if the limit is still low.

We're still a storm clan (100) but we certainly don't have as strict activity requirements as we did initially. Provided you log in once a month or so it's unlikely you'll get booted for space, typically we start making space with people absent for 30+ days depending on the demand and activity level in general.

I'd be happy to send a reinvite, just let me know.

Will do, I have been clearing some of the planet's that I haven't gotten matched with random's with by myself. I'm current stuck at Eurpoa "Hope that's the correct spelling" the rescue mission is a bitch playing by myself since it's timed which makes it really hard since there's a large amount of mob's to deal with.

I'm always game to help people clear a few solar system missions. I do a ton of defense, survival, etc so mixing it up with the odd solar system mission that's different is actually pretty fun.

Just ping folks in the clan chat tab in game and hopefully you'll find some other willing folks!

Ronin Ray

Ronin! What is with this Metro and Last of Us nonsense? Who do you think you're fooling?

That legendary one and done Brakk of yours came at a price. Your soul belongs to the Canadian DE RNG gods now, and let me tell you, their icy grasp is merciless and unyielding. You've checked into the Hotel Ontario of MMOs, friend, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

The warframe gods are after me. I was playing Metroid Prime and I hit a glitch and I couldn't beat the game. I couldn't get Diablo 3 online at first and metro Last light kept crashing on me last night. I am shocked Last of Us didn't blow up on me or something.

Ronin Ray

While my PSN is Ronin Ray and I will be on in about 4 hours so if your on message and we can knock out so planets. I just have to get my second Mirage part so you can join in on that if you want.

frizby

I'm always game to help people clear a few solar system missions. I do a ton of defense, survival, etc so mixing it up with the odd solar system mission that's different is actually pretty fun.

Just ping folks in the clan chat tab in game and hopefully you'll find some other willing folks!

Just a note on this. You have to run the boss nodes on prior planets to get the navigation key for new planets. Or at least that's the best I can figure based on helping Kanjii the other day.

I'm completely caught up with update 14. Everything is leveled, including all four Kubrows. My take so far:

• Mirage is a lot of fun and can be set up to be very powerful. She's probably not quite top tier, but she can absolutely so some work at high level. Can't wait to see her alt helmet on an alert.
  • Both Quantas are interesting, and they are actually quite different from each other. My only problem with them is that I instinctively ADS and accidently shoot the little "bombs" out.
  • The Wolverine claws (Venka?) are badass...not objectively better than other melee weapons, but they are really slick and fun to play with.
  • Kubrows are impressive and have great presentation, but the current systems in place for their breeding and maintenance are utter dogshit. Luckily, the next update will allow you to "delete" them. I think my favorites are the Sahasa and the Sunika (stealth and attack)

Care to share your Sasha DNA thing? Also how do I get another Kubrow

I need 1 more Huras imprint and a pair of Sahasa imprints to fill out my Kubrow XP.

I have 1 Sunika imprint and will soon have 2 (same) Raska Imprints I could offer in exchange. Anybody interested?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if the g3 show up right before you finish a level do you lose your mark. It was like literally 3-5 seconds just the swirling before the garbled lotus warnings. They hadn't even spawned yet I think.

Does anyone know if the g3 show up right before you finish a level do you lose your mark. It was like literally 3-5 seconds just the swirling before the garbled lotus warnings. They hadn't even spawned yet I think.

No, you don't lose your mark. I got them after me almost immediately again after having extracted as they spawned on E-prime while bite farming the other day.

Well, after thinking I'd never get a maul and therefore traded with a fellow gaffer clan mate.
I got one last night, and another just now.

Still no bite D:

joecanada

Hey all love this community.. I'm kind of grinding diablo now and then maybe destiny... great fun that warframe I tell ya but with school I'm probably not going back...
Was great rolling with you all and was wanting to give away my collection of stuffs

Prime parts
BP
Platinum
Mods

Was thinking of giving to some worthy beginners here but maybe I'll just give it to dasmookid or bitmapfrogs or some of the regulars to dole out as they see fit... It's not a huge collection but what you would expect from 140 hours worth...

Riddler

Could a kind space ninja send a clan invite on PS4?

Played a lot at release with the clan but life happened and couldn't play for a long time. Getting caught up with melee 2.0 & update 14 and loving the game all over again.

Psn: Riddler

Some Clan News:

With the recent release of Diablo 3 on PS4, many of our vets got the devil's fever and have reduced their time in Warframe. Unfortunately, one of the worst hit by this diabolical plague is our very own Warlord, Bitmap Frogs, who has let me know that he will be reducing his time in Warframe substantially for the near term future.

As a result, I will be stepping up as new Warlord - please also welcome Frizby to his new role as General.

I am sure I speak for everyone in the clan when I thank Bitmap for the many hours he put into expanding and managing our clan! He and Molnizle have left some big shoes to fill for NeoGAF warlords and I will do my best to continue the fine tradition.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Some Clan News:

With the recent release of Diablo 3 on PS4, many of our vets got the devil's fever and have reduced their time in Warframe. Unfortunately, one of the worst hit by this diabolical plague is our very own Warlord, Bitmap Frogs, who has let me know that he will be reducing his time in Warframe substantially for the near term future.

As a result, I will be stepping up as new Warlord - please also welcome Frizby to his new role as General.

I am sure I speak for everyone in the clan when I thank Bitmap for the many hours he put into expanding and managing our clan! He and Molnizle have left some big shoes to fill for NeoGAF warlords and I will do my best to continue the fine tradition.

It's been a pleasure to be the Warlord of this clan for these months. Couldn't have wished for a better group of people. Mookid, I wish you a great tenure as our Warlord and may the clan prosper under you.

Be seein' y'all ;D

Amon37

Some Clan News:

Thanks frogs and congrats das and frizby.

I ended up making a 175 plat for my rank 4 bite and people still looking to spend 80-100 plat in the trade channel. Guess I'll have to try farming it a little, got my first from transmutation.

Some Clan News:

Awwww I feel sad when this happens, then destiny will hit us again.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
You can't downsize the clan once you go over 100. It also costs more resources to research/build stuff. I suspect that the likelihood for drama would increase too if we add a ton of random ppl. We're pretty chill but bigger clans tend to take things too seriously. Besides higher clans are more for rail conflicts/feuds with other clans which we don't do.

Mrcapcom

Some Clan News:

See ya Bitmap smh

Sustained activity is hard to maintain, regardless of clan size. There's only so much time that a person is going to play a game seriously. Look at the event winners. . . all new faces in the top 3 for each clan grouping.

So long as everyone who wants to is able to obtain the event rewards I am happy. Trophies are nice (we should know, we have 2!) but they ultimately don't do a lot for you in the game. With the next event we can gauge how eager folks are and organize accordingly.

Ronin Ray

Sustained activity is hard to maintain, regardless of clan size. There's only so much time that a person is going to play a game seriously. Look at the event winners. . . all new faces in the top 3 for each clan grouping.

So long as everyone who wants to is able to obtain the event rewards I am happy. Trophies are nice (we should know, we have 2!) but they ultimately don't do a lot for you in the game. With the next event we can gauge how eager folks are and organize accordingly.

Plus that event sucked balls.

Korten

Banned
Destructoid reviewed Warframe.

They gave it a 6.

Honestly I have to agree with them, I love the game, but it still has a lot of work that needs to be done. More so with the just general feel of the game, nothing has weight to it, every feels so floaty and weapons don't that feel different to use since there is no weight behind it.

Top Bottom