• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Guys, looks like I'm going to take a break from Warframe.
I haven't played seriously for a while, I've recently tried U14, but it didn't really grab my attention.
I spent a lot of time in Warframe when my PS4 didn't have a lot of games.
But now I'm way into Diablo, Destiny is coming next week and then all those fall releases... Not sure I'll be able to find time for Warframe in the near future. Maybe I'll return to it when there is a next game drought.
Thank you all for good times in Warframe!

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Destructoid reviewed Warframe.

They gave it a 6.

Honestly I have to agree with them, I love the game, but it still has a lot of work that needs to be done. More so with the just general feel of the game, nothing has weight to it, every feels so floaty and weapons don't that feel different to use since there is no weight behind it.

I do heavily disagree with that review in the same way I disagree with many warframe reviews.

For all its faults Warframe is not a generic shooter. Generic shooter nowadays is slow as balls, forced ADS, pseudo cover mechanics, etc - Battlefield, CoD, etc. Warframe is fast and free flowing which is a rarity these days.

Ok fellow Tenno, looking to trade some stuff for some other stuff:

What I have to trade:

-Boar P Receiver
-Fang P Blade x2
-Latron P Stock
-Lex Prime Barrel
-Orthos P Blade
-Orthos P Handle
-Paris P Lower Limb
-Arcane Coil Mag Helmet(rather sell for Platinum honestly)
-Bunch of T2-T3 keys
-Fang P BP
-Glaive P BP
-Latron P BP
-Loki P BP
-Mag P BP x2
-Mag P Chassis BP
-Also have some Mods:Berserker, Decisive Judgement, Fired Up, Fortitude, Heavy Trauma, Master Thief, Metal Auger, Natural Talent, Power Throw, Ravage, Reflex Guard, Streamline, Stunning Speed, Sundering Strike, Thunderbolt, Toxic Barrage, Virulent Scourge, Vital Sense, Hornet Strike, Serration, Shield Disruption, and Rifle Amp.

Looking for:

-Rhino P BP
-Rhino P Helmet BP
-Rhino P Chassis BP
-All 3 Wyrm P Parts BP's
-Ember P Systems BP
-Ember P BP
-Lex P BP
-Lex P Receiver

Also, if theres any stuff on my list you rather just buy with a few Platinum lemme know.
Im off work for next week and a half so I'll be around most of the time to jump on.

PSN: W1ckedEvoX

Thanks for reading!

VariantX

Destructoid reviewed Warframe.

They gave it a 6.

Honestly I have to agree with them, I love the game, but it still has a lot of work that needs to be done. More so with the just general feel of the game, nothing has weight to it, every feels so floaty and weapons don't that feel different to use since there is no weight behind it.

I'm not saying he shouldn't give the game a 6 or whatever score he decides to give it, but it feels like he didn't get far enough nor did he play long enough into the game. The things he knocks the game on aren't even the real issues with the game. Warframe doesn't have grind problems, it has RNG issues, npc level scaling, lack of npc unit diversity, power creep and more. He mentions solo play, but he didn't really notice that the game doesn't balance it separately from co-op play. There's also zero mention of any PvP elements in the review.

In fairness, a game like Warframe would be very hard to review. Even expecting people to put more than 20-30 hours playtime in a professional review might be seen as unreasonable on a schedule, but I can recall hardly scratching the surface in that time, and unfortunately Warframe's flaws are pretty evident immediately while the draw of its depth takes time to catch on.

While some people think the combat is plain, I like it because it feels old school to me. The only thing I really took issue with in that review was describing the art as 'generic,' Hit or miss, Warframe has a unique, even bizarre style. Even internally, there's very little generic about any of the frame or enemy looks.

manfestival

In fairness, a game like Warframe would be very hard to review. Even expecting people to put more than 20-30 hours playtime in a professional review might be seen as unreasonable on a schedule, but I can recall hardly scratching the surface in that time, and unfortunately Warframe's flaws are pretty evident immediately while the draw of its depth takes time to catch on.

While some people think the combat is plain, I like it because it feels old school to me. The only thing I really took issue with in that review was describing the art as 'generic,' Hit or miss, Warframe has a unique, even bizarre style. Even internally, there's very little generic about any of the frame or enemy looks.

The game really does take 50 or so hours before you get a good grasp on how things work. I am surprised that it got a 6/10 considering destructoid can be harsher than other review sites

I do heavily disagree with that review in the same way I disagree with many warframe reviews.

For all its faults Warframe is not a generic shooter. Generic shooter nowadays is slow as balls, forced ADS, pseudo cover mechanics, etc - Battlefield, CoD, etc. Warframe is fast and free flowing which is a rarity these days.

And constantly changing, who knew melee will be funtional again and use Kubros to be an alternative to Sentinels.

You don't. Two Sahasa imprints will do, gender does not matter.

Oh wow.....I already did a random kubrow.....

Ronin Ray

The game really does take 50 or so hours before you get a good grasp on how things work. I am surprised that it got a 6/10 considering destructoid can be harsher than other review sites

ham I miss u and Mooks when we doing some serious T4 survival runs.

Ok fellow Tenno, looking to trade some stuff for some other stuff:

What I have to trade:

-Boar P Receiver
-Fang P Blade x2
-Latron P Stock
-Lex Prime Barrel
-Orthos P Blade
-Orthos P Handle
-Paris P Lower Limb
-Arcane Coil Mag Helmet(rather sell for Platinum honestly)
-Bunch of T2-T3 keys
-Fang P BP
-Glaive P BP
-Latron P BP
-Loki P BP
-Mag P BP x2
-Mag P Chassis BP
-Also have some Mods:Berserker, Decisive Judgement, Fired Up, Fortitude, Heavy Trauma, Master Thief, Metal Auger, Natural Talent, Power Throw, Ravage, Reflex Guard, Streamline, Stunning Speed, Sundering Strike, Thunderbolt, Toxic Barrage, Virulent Scourge, Vital Sense, Hornet Strike, Serration, Shield Disruption, and Rifle Amp.

Looking for:

-Rhino P BP
-Rhino P Helmet BP
-Rhino P Chassis BP
-All 3 Wyrm P Parts BP's
-Ember P Systems BP
-Ember P BP
-Lex P BP
-Lex P Receiver

Also, if theres any stuff on my list you rather just buy with a few Platinum lemme know.
Im off work for next week and a half so I'll be around most of the time to jump on.

PSN: W1ckedEvoX

Thanks for reading!

Hi bat, I've bolded the ones I'd like and the one you can have if you still have/need them.

I'll need to list what I have and need at some point, I have a total of 12 arcane helmet blueprints to sell/trade that isn't 12 unique there are doubles.

Yo guys, not been in here in a long time, much changed since damage 2.0 got incorporated?

It basically killed the game for me and I'm wondering if it's worth coming back or not!

Hi bat, I've bolded the ones I'd like and the one you can have if you still have/need them.

I'll need to list what I have and need at some point, I have a total of 12 arcane helmet blueprints to sell/trade that isn't 12 unique there are doubles.

Yooo, if you want we can straight up do that 2 for 2 trade. Ill probably be on around 8PM EST if you're gonna be around.

OK, these are the spare arcane helmet BP's I have:

Aura Trinity
Aurora Frost
Avalon Excalibur
Coil Mag
Essence Loki x2
Hemlock Saryn
Reverb Banshee x2

Spare prime weapon BP's:

Boar barrel x3
Boar BP
Boar receiver x3
Boar stock x2
Boltor receiver
Boltor stock x3
Burston barrel
Burston stock x2
Ember chassis
Ember helmet x2
Latron barrel
Latron BP x2
Mag BP x2
Mag chassis x2
Orthos handle
Paris BP
Paris lower limb x4
Paris string x2
Reaper BP x2
Sicarus barrel

Edited to remove helms traded.

IvorB

I logged into this the other day and it was good fun just like old times. But I couldn't see much that had changed apart from solar rails. Where would one go to experience some New Sh*t.

Pulse pleaseeeeeeeee. I would live Vauban (or ash's) as well toom

I gave a lot of my shit to newbies and such, but what do you need for em?

Also, is the Dakra Prime worth 15 cells guys or will the Dragon Nikana ruin all other melee weapons for me?

Pulse pleaseeeeeeeee. I would live Vauban (or ash's) as well toom

I gave a lot of my shit to newbies and such, but what do you need for em?

Also, is the Dakra Prime worth 15 cells guys or will the Dragon Nikana ruin all other melee weapons for me?

I'll do a straight swap with anything you might have that I need.

Do you have any Loki prime, bo prime, wyrm prime, fang prime parts?

Dammit! Thought I'd go random again for my second kubrow, only a 1 in 4 chance I'll get a Sunika again.
Recent mods are Sunika grrrr

Only have 1 Sasha imprint, otherwise I would have made one of them.

Unless this dog has an amazing colour/pattern, I'm going to have to do the unthinkable.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I did 3 random eggs. All have been sunika >.>

I'm interested in the coil helm and Paris BP. What parts were you looking for? I have some loki and wyrm stuff. And Bo bp

I did 3 random eggs. All have been sunika >.>

I'm interested in the coil helm and Paris BP. What parts were you looking for? I have some loki and wyrm stuff. And Bo bp

Sure i'll be back online in an hour.

I should be getting the Loki BP from Battousi05, don't think he's in our clan so not sure how i'll see when he's online.

Just got the Wyrm Carapace from wsox.

So I still need Loki P Helm, chassis, systems, Wyrm P BP, Cerebrum, systems, Bo BP, and Handle.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I still need that damn loki helm too. Only frame I don't have. I'll be on in a Lil bit too. I know I have an extra Bo BP and I'm 90% sure I have the wyrm helm/BP.

frizby

I logged into this the other day and it was good fun just like old times. But I couldn't see much that had changed apart from solar rails. Where would one go to experience some New Sh*t.

Lots of new weapons and frames. You also could have done the tutorial, which is quite good. Kubrows are interesting. Rails are too.

Many bosses have also been buffed.

Tsukumo

Hi guys, I'm playing Warframe on the Bone and I'm back for some more info.
Any help will be appreciated.

- people seem to really struggle with interception, me too XD Aside of keep with the group, anyone has some other insights?

- survival and defender missions: it's better to go overboard and try for the next five waves or to stick to the immediate reward and give up as soon as evacuation/ the fifth wave is complete?

- somewhat a troll request but I'll do it anyway: easiest to get from most difficult to get warframe? I'll take one of each or the entire roster if someone will indulge me.

- advice for ranking up?

- which the is absolute MUST of cosmetics?

- the fireworks: explain it to me, please. 5k? WAT?!

- why so many people insist on bum rushing the bosses with melee attacks? XD

I like how this game can turn from "too easy, pffft" to "wtf just happened, WHY AM I DEAD? this isn't fair!" in the span of a single mission. After the second day of playing almost EVERY gig would go from the team blasting everything to instant annihilation and the usual "dude, why didn't you revive me?" from the guy who goes down on every enemy spawn.
Infestations are a blast.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I find interceptions impossible with pubs at low level. If you have a group just have half take the two closest to each other and the rest guard the others

Survival/defense rewards are better the longer you go esp for prime parts though the difficulty obviously jumps. Try for 15 rounds/minutes as then you at least get a void key.

Most frames ate easy to get just run the boss
Only prime ones and vauban (alert only) ate hard to find. Resources are more a problem early on

Rank ups. Look at the wiki beforehand if possible. Some are easy some can take many tries. Depends on the frames and weapons you have too.

Cosmetics I dunno. Depends on what you want I guess. Alternate helms are cool esp if you have arcane though xbone probably out of luck.

Fireworks are just for fun

Pubs rush the boss cut they're pubs lol that said melee can be good depending on equips so hard go say.

Having the "lol this kid dies a lot so I'm not reviving him" attitude in this game makes for shit players. You need your squad in this game. Dont ignore those who need revives.

Tsukumo

Having the "lol this kid dies a lot so I'm not reviving him" attitude in this game makes for shit players. You need your squad in this game. Dont ignore those who need revives.

Of course I don't ignore them, that's the whole point! The attitude I was highlighting was the attitude of the guy who remembers he is in a team only when he needs revive. I really like the fact that the more people heal you the faster you heal, I wish Destiny and Mass Effect 3 did the same.
I mean, this is a post I made on the Bone thread (before the one I made here)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=128722142&postcount=18
does it read like the post of someone who play against his team?

BTW, thanks Indrid and Orochinagis.

Amon37

It seems Noone is running t4 ext.

I need a Bo prime handle. Will trade or pay some plat. Mirage is fun but i see no reason to potato her.

People asking for MR 12 or above for T4S is getting stupid. There is nothing to make me go above MR8 for any reason. It's like saying "you can only join my mission if you really spent the time to level up a bunch of useless crap to level 30"

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I got one t4s key. You looking for loki helm too? I might have an exterminate key as well.

Edit no ext key. Can't you get the handle from a lower tier key as well though?

There were a couple trades I had agreed to yesterday.....

I fell asleep controller in hand while puppy farming.

There isn't a lot of T4 talk in the clan chat, are you looking for hosts recruiting?
I only have a T4 survival key, that's where Loki helm is right?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Lol I've come close to that. Haven't fallen asleep yet but I've got stuck on corners, gone to do something and forgot the game for 30min etc You definitely go on autopilot if you do the same thing too long.

You were the guys I saw later night yesterday?

Also sorry but thanks for the help Das and the others guys.

There is the screen of my female panda rat stealth kubrow.

10646683_10154582511695475_2686912265961579265_n.jpg

frizby

You were the guys I saw later night yesterday?

Also sorry but thanks for the help Das and the others guys.

There is the screen of my female panda rat stealth kubrow.

No problem. It was fun. Especially the bit where we all forgot to hit a life support in that T1S. LOL.

I kind of see the panda rat there. Nice. My newest looks crazy as hell with legit orange and black tiger legs. I just hope he's a tall one.

Ronin Ray

It seems Noone is running t4 ext.

I need a Bo prime handle. Will trade or pay some plat. Mirage is fun but i see no reason to potato her.

People asking for MR 12 or above for T4S is getting stupid. There is nothing to make me go above MR8 for any reason. It's like saying "you can only join my mission if you really spent the time to level up a bunch of useless crap to level 30"

You still need a Bo prime Handle? I will run t4 ext with you. Not sure if I have any keys but I have a bo prime handle I believe.

Ronin Ray

I think its time to RIP my Frost Prime today. My normal frost has 4 forma and I think he looks better. It was fun while it lasted , getting you to rank 30 and all but know your slot is going to Loki prime.

I have an extra 72hour 2x exp/credit multiplier key from the PSHome event awhile back.

Been saving it for myself, but I don't think I'll be using it now.

First to quote will get it.

Top Bottom