• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Ok guys, found a Kubrow egg now it says it will create a random Kubrow or use a DNA card thing to do something specific.

Its there a form to get a Sasha kubrow first or the incubator generates a random class kubrow too? (the one who recolect things)

Well, look at that.

Nyx Prime:

Scindo Prime:

Hikou Prime:

Well fuuuu vanilla Nyx....

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I think you can trade imprints so get one from somebody who has that type saved.

Does anyone have an extra continuity mod?

Edit: oh and frizby I do have a sunika kubrow but she's still a puppy. Should mature tonight.

My stench is now 1107, and I can't find a random group with enough combined stench to get me beyond my highest of 45.
I want that weapon.

Each kubrow can make 2 genetic imprints, which you can sell or trade with others.
You use 2 genetic imprints to make a desired kubrow.

The following traits are stored and passed on to new kubrow;

Colour
Head pattern
Body pattern
Kubrow breed

VariantX

The one on parentheses/brackets? Then I have only 540 stench yet 60 score. I don't get the scoring system for this event lol

Me either. Apparently I got too much stench and now (1057), and I get 1 shotted by ancients from across the room when I try to solo to raise my score beyond 55. I go into a public party, and my stench is totally cancelled out by their, and im guessing, much lower values.

The one on parentheses/brackets? Then I have only 540 stench yet 60 score. I don't get the scoring system for this event lol

The combined stench of all players decides the difficulty and the mission score.

Your stench increases every run, but your score of 60 is your best, that only increases once it is bettered.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man my poor kubrow sure is squishy at low levels. Glad I joined that random eden prime run. Literally 5 sec after joining tranquil cleave drops lol

frizby

Was discussing Kubrows with Mooks last night, and I have to say that I'm a little bit taken aback at how poorly they are implemented.

1. They take forever to build. At least as long or longer than a Warframe.
  2. They are freaking super high maintenance.
  3. Unless you have two very similar imprints, it's a complete crapshoot what your Kubrow will look like.
  4. If you get a Kubrow you don't like, the only way to get rid of them is to let them die, which can take a while.
  5. You can't use your Kubrow while it's imprinting or for three hours (!) after pulling it out of stasis, where you put it so it wouldn't die, because it's freaking super high maintenance.
To all that, add the fact that sentinels have more overall utility.

New PS4 owner here. I downloaded and installed this but haven't been able to actually play it yet for the past two days. The game just gives me an "unable to connect" mesage. Is this a common problem, are there any easy remedies? After some googling i came across a post on a messageboard that recommended forwarding ports 3960 and 3962. I'm not good with routers, but i tried triggering those ports (supposedly that's similar, but safer than forwarding, since they're not open all the time that way), it doesn't seem to do anything for me though. Is there anything else i should do/ be aware of? Do i have to set the PS4 to static IP in order for the port triggering to work?

Last days the PSN service was kinda unavailable to play, check if the console have the latest firmware and the game is proper updated.

if you still have the problem, close the aplication and try again

frizby

New PS4 owner here. I downloaded and installed this but haven't been able to actually play it yet for the past two days. The game just gives me an "unable to connect" mesage. Is this a common problem, are there any easy remedies? After some googling i came across a post on a messageboard that recommended forwarding ports 3960 and 3962. I'm not good with routers, but i tried triggering those ports (supposedly that's similar, but safer than forwarding, since they're not open all the time that way), it doesn't seem to do anything for me though. Is there anything else i should do/ be aware of? Do i have to set the PS4 to static IP in order for the port triggering to work?

Warframe relies on the server-side quite a bit, and the Warframe servers were out for about 30-45 minutes this morning...at least for me. That might have been what you saw.

My Frost Frame with be ready in 1 hour. Thanks again so much Frizby for the help.

Happy to help. Let me know who you want next, and we'll grab them.

I did build a few Derelict Assassination keys FWIW.

And I didn't think about it the other day, but I could have given you most of the parts for Frost Prime.

Any tips for a newcomer? I have only played the old intro and just reinstalled the game. The new intro mission is really cool and has me wanting to play more but I'm not sure what kind of items to buy when starting out. I just finished mission 1.2 and unlocked the market now I'm kinda lost on what to do next. I guess I'm looking for what kind of weapons or build is best for a newbie.

Amon37

Ya I really see zero benefit to a kubrow over a sentinel. Not to mention they have their own mod pool that only comes from one source.

VariantX

Was discussing Kubrows with Mooks last night, and I have to say that I'm a little bit taken aback at how poorly they are implemented.

3. Unless you have two very similar imprints, it's a complete crapshoot what your Kubrow will look like.
  4. If you get a Kubrow you don't like, the only way to get rid of them is to let them die, which can take a while.
  5. You can't use your Kubrow while it's imprinting or for three hours (!) after pulling it out of stasis, where you put it so it wouldn't die, because it's freaking super high maintenance.

The confusing part to me is why add yet another money sink when transmutation and simply ranking mods up to 10 can suck millions of credits out of your account in seconds. I would rather do a bunch of quests and stuff and get the reward at the end like getting mirage than to do the same, only to now have this thing in my ship that demands I log in every day and spend money on it or watch it die... slowly, and all the effort I put into it go down the drain. And the hilarious part is that It may not even been the thing I want because it may be the wrong breed or coloring. I could understand that now that its born, you were required to train it and feed it certain things in order to grow and behave the way you want and would have been interesting and much more rewarding, but no, that would give players too much control, and we can't have anything without RNG can we?

I heard you liked tamagochies

(I still want a female sasha)

Tsukumo

sorry for the hijack but I'm looking forward to play Warframe on the Xbone and no one is making an OT.

I'm already going through the wikia to understand the game's intricacies but I would like some "insider" info from you guys.

Any tips or general advice will be VERY welcome.

Spazznid

Any tips for a newcomer? I have only played the old intro and just re-installed the game. The new intro mission is really cool and has me wanting to play more but I'm not sure what kind of items to buy when starting out. I just finished mission 1.2 and unlocked the market now I'm kinda lost on what to do next. I guess I'm looking for what kind of weapons or build is best for a newbie.

My only advice is to play every map. I've been playing since closed beta, and have almost everything, so I can't speak much to the new user experience. The starting weapons aren't bad. You'll want to get plenty of guns, regardless of whether or not you plan to keep/main them, because leveling them will get your Mastery higher, which will allow for the more awesome weapons. The most important part is this: Have fun. The only thing that needs to be done in a certain amount of time is events, and you can usually get through those if you are in an OK clan. Clans are ALWAYS recruiting. Other than events, don't burn yourself out. Warframe has changed so much in the last year, and mostly the last few months. DE are not afraid of making huge changes, and adding entire new genres to the game. Warframe is a ride that you take nice and easy, at your own pace. I usually get on, Play some defense rounds for a few hours to level up gear, maybe farm some void with a friend, do some alerts. Check the chat, and see if anyone's starting a group.

sorry for the hijack but I'm looking forward to play Warframe on the Xbone and no one is making an OT.

I'm already going through the wikia to understand the game's intricacies but I would like some "insider" info from you guys.

Any tips or general advice will be VERY welcome.

The game now have a story mode tal will help you a lot to understant the game, use it and dont try to skip it.

As for money never use your plat to buy warframes, most of them can get pretty easy defeating the planets bosses, they drop one random piece of the frame each time you defeat them.

Use your plat for buying warframe space slots and cosmetics things, your first warframe will feel the hardest thing to do in the game and more if you dont have a clan to take you to hardest areas or the void but after that the game gets a gear hunts and have fun exploring the planets to get the item you want.

I also have spare mauls. Probably 4 or 5 of them.

Pilgor / Rogo was kind enough to trade today.

Just 10 more levels on my Sunika and she's into stasis, got an egg and everything prepared to raise another.
Hoping for a Raksa, but I have a Sahasa Imprint from Frizby.

Drop in the bucket... You'll probably end up spending millions.

I've run out of mods to transmute now.

Edit: the Sunika VIP tackle ability is really useful, did a T1 capture solo, and before i'd even seen the Target's icon on the screen, my dog had run off ahead and killed him, unranked mod too.

I got a bite last night.

40p for an unranked.

Nekros farming is awesome.

Frizby: Don't forget, cores only work on one kubrow. They need an Argon Crystal and cost 100k each to craft. Absurd.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh ffs I go to make a new kubrow and it's the one I already have. 1/4 my ass. Do I really have to wait two days just to try and get rid of it? Why can't you cancel it? Lame.

Amon37

Oh ffs I go to make a new kubrow and it's the one I already have. 1/4 my ass. Do I really have to wait two days just to try and get rid of it? Why can't you cancel it? Lame.

Luckily mine is different, got the stealth one first time and this one will be a dig one when it's hatched.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even care it's the same one. It's just asinine that I have to waste two days for it to hatch then two more to die before I can try again. Another poorly thought out system.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eggs are always random unless you use imprints and even then it's not 100% that you'll get the same traits. I dunno how it combines/mixes traits though as apparently you need 2 different imprints of a particular breed. Possibly of opposite sex too. You can check what type the egg will be though by looking at your recent mods and seeing what the new ones are. Takes about 20 min to update after you start the incubation.

Bearcharger

Neo Member
Getting the mastery test bug where it doesn't take you to the test and counts that as your attempt has thoroughly killed my interest in playing today. Anyone know what causes that so I can avoid it tomorrow?

Nekros' aura slot having no polarity is fucking stupid. But I'm loving desecrate. Probably will forma him once I hit MR8 since there aren't any weapons after MR8.

Oh well got a Stealth kubrow....How do I kill him?

Wait 10 days without using him? It's not even clear if that will work. Really seems like they don't want you getting rid of them.

Sure, having to slice up and desecrate the corpses of 5000 kubrow for 1 Bite mod is fine, but you're an absolute sicko if expect to be allowed to let 1 lousy little puppy out an airlock.

I guess this is PC only ATM, I did notice the option on various screenshots from the PC which led me to check the wiki:

Warframe wiki said:
In the event that a player wishes to permanently remove a Kubrow from their possession, for example due to lack of available Stasis Slots to keep Kubrow in, they can choose to consign the chosen Kubrow to the Lotus for 25,000 Credits.

Wait 10 days without using him? It's not even clear if that will work. Really seems like they don't want you getting rid of them.

Sure, having to slice up and desecrate the corpses of 5000 kubrow for 1 Bite mod is fine, but you're an absolute sicko if expect to be allowed to let 1 lousy little puppy out an airlock.

Oh lol.

Top Bottom