• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Yeah, Mesa will be tough, but as long as you're working with the clan and keysharing, every key you make will get you four runs. I'll bet two or three keys gets most of us squared away.
So much for my casual play of solo and sometimes two to three player co-op with friends. Its just not going to happen. I'll add it to the growing list.

Its too bad - me and my buddy could tackle most of the content in the game at launch, but as the game has grown, so has the hoops you jump through for each grind. Where each frame used to be a boss battle to get parts, now they need (now rarer) event materials in large numbers (still don't have anywhere even close to 700 Oxium for the Zephyr), resources that actually degrade over time (Argon Crystals) and now Mesa with needing to wait for a particular mission type to appear. Add that to the unavoidable 75,000 credit regular upkeep costs for Kubrows and the more casual players are being left behind. It's a very different beast from PS4 launch Warframe.

Leunam

Ok, so I've pissed off the Red Veil syndicate and they've sent some stuff after me twice.

When the dude comes on screen and signals the attack does everyone in the mission see it or just me?

Add that to the unavoidable 75,000 credit regular upkeep costs for Kubrows and the more casual players are being left behind. It's a very different beast from PS4 launch Warframe.
I just threw all my kubrows in the freezer. Too much work to keep 'em going, and I mostly just use Helios to get scans anyway.

Ok, so I've pissed off the Red Veil syndicate and they've sent some stuff after me twice.

When the dude comes on screen and signals the attack does everyone in the mission see it or just me?
The rest of the team just sees the screen flicker black twice times, like with the Stalker and Harvester.

Gah! So many rules to trading that I don't learn about until I'm actually trying to trade with someone. Wanted to trade a helmet blueprint for a mod but you actually have to trade the thing once it's conpletes. I should read up on this stuff lol. Someone was kind enough to give me the mod I wanted in advance while I build them the helmet. Surprised they did that for a stranger. I could have been a total jerk and made off with the mod, considering he never sent me a friend request/accepted mine.

frizby

Gah! So many rules to trading that I don't learn about until I'm actually trying to trade with someone. Wanted to trade a helmet blueprint for a mod but you actually have to trade the thing once it's conpletes. I should read up on this stuff lol. Someone was kind enough to give me the mod I wanted in advance while I build them the helmet. Surprised they did that for a stranger. I could have been a total jerk and made off with the mod, considering he never sent me a friend request/accepted mine.

Uh...what helmet?

I just threw all my kubrows in the freezer. Too much work to keep 'em going, and I mostly just use Helios to get scans anyway.
I launched mine out of the airlock as soon as I found out about that upkeep cost.

At the rate I play the game, and its been more casual lately, I'd be lucky to make enough credits in a week to pay that upkeep cost alone. Kubrows are a great idea tied to a horrible and unavoidable credit sink, as if there aren't enough of those already.

Just making sure it wasn't arcane. Don't want to see you get taken.
Hmm. The guy was mentioning something about Arcane. Didn't know what he was talking about but I hope he doesn't freak out when I offer up the helmet lol.

On a separate note, does anyone know how ciphers work? Do they just auto complete the hack regardless of its difficulty? I was thinking of building a few since they are super cheap and I'd rather not accidentally mess up in the hacking test and wait 24 hours.

bLaiSe

Hmm. The guy was mentioning something about Arcane. Didn't know what he was talking about but I hope he doesn't freak out when I offer up the helmet lol.

On a separate note, does anyone know how ciphers work? Do they just auto complete the hack regardless of its difficulty? I was thinking of building a few since they are super cheap and I'd rather not accidentally mess up in the hacking test and wait 24 hours.
You can't trade for a regular alt helmet so expect the guy to freak out when you tell him you can't do the trade. :|

Also, you can't use ciphers in the hacking test. But they are quite useful regardless.

You can't trade for a regular alt helmet so expect the guy to freak out when you tell him you can't do the trade. :|

Also, you can't use ciphers in the hacking test. But they are quite useful regardless.
Aww really? That's a shame. I'll have to give him back the mod and hope he isn't too pissed.

And the wiki says you can use ciphers in the test. Is the wiki incorrect?
Edit: yeah I just used three ciphers to do the second wave of terminals in the test.

frizby

You will run those keys tonight? I am still in need of one coord for making a key

I'm going to sit on mine for now. Going out of town for about a week, and hopefully I'll have 3 others to run with. mmcareen is on board and probably diecast if he can get another coordinate.

VariantX

I'll definitely try to get as many coords and keys as possible over the next week so we can run the mission as many times as possible. This is just too much of a headache for me to attempt alone.

bLaiSe

Got my first Prime! It's a Latron Prime and it looks sweet! Now I want to turn it into a beast. Anyone got advice for getting a Split Chamber?
Ask a clanmate haha. Seriously, if you need one just ask. That's what the clan is for, helping each other. But if you insist farming for it, it's pretty easy to get in high level defense missions.

I told the guy who traded me the mod in advance for my Esprit helmet that I made a mistake because I didn't realize what Arcanes were. I wanted to give him back the mod but he told me to keep it on account of it being the holidays and wouldn't accept any of the free rares I wanted to give him for being so generous and patient with me.

tumblr_inline_mrs7me3VCj1qz4rgp.gif

I'm going to sit on mine for now. Going out of town for about a week, and hopefully I'll have 3 others to run with. mmcareen is on board and probably diecast if he can get another coordinate.

Welp, looking at the rate of battleplay I guess I wont see me crafting a key in this week lol

Mutalist Alad V Nav Coordinate alert on Cerberus (Pluto) - INFESTATION Outbreak - Infestation vs Grineer
Thanks for the heads up. Jumped back in after seeing this post and had some great rounds of Defense.

Had a group that was a Trinity, an Oberon, a Limbo and I think a Nekros. All I know is when things got hectic with all of our powers unleashed to defend the artifact the screen was just white with numbers every once in a while - but it still played so damn smooth. S'been a while since I've played some public games and defense in particular and it was one hell of a show :)

Maledict

Is there a beginners guide to this? Have downloaded out of curiosity on my PS4 and selected the Excalibur rig but already wondering if that was the right decision, and boy is this game confusing. Gives the same impression as Marvel Heroes when starting up - a free to play game that has been massively improved by adding lots of content and interesting stuff, but overwhelming as a new player!

Taz

Is there a beginners guide to this? Have downloaded out of curiosity on my PS4 and selected the Excalibur rig but already wondering if that was the right decision, and boy is this game confusing. Gives the same impression as Marvel Heroes when starting up - a free to play game that has been massively improved by adding lots of content and interesting stuff, but overwhelming as a new player!

Has a new player they added a quest line to get you used to the new ship hub so just play through that, their is also a PS4 starter pack with free 100 plat, don't spend this on anything but Warframe slot and weapon slots and I got a carrier helper for 75 plat.

Alx

I started playing the game in September and was completely lost at the beginning too. I just took my time, played easy missions solo (exterminate or capture) to get the hang of it and upgrade my frame and weapons. The option to let the game configure your mods for you is helpful at the beginning...
Excalibur is not a bad frame to start, since it's your usual well-balanced character, but it's also a bit bland. Once you get enough experience with the game, you may try looking for a frame better suited to your tastes. Or just go with whatever you can get from drops or clan.

I just started playing this and I chose Excalibur at the beginning. Is there any way to start over and choose one of the others? If not, I regret not picking Mag.

Also, is there a log out option or anything, or do you just close the application?

Edit: oh on ps4 by the way.

I just started playing this and I chose Excalibur at the beginning. Is there any way to start over and choose one of the others? If not, I regret not picking Mag.

Also, is there a log out option or anything, or do you just close the application?

I don't think there's an option to reroll after you start. On the bright side, though, you can get Mag pretty early on since her parts are on Mars, which is only two planets away.

As for logging out, there isn't an option. Yky just turn off the game/console. It still feels weird to do even after a month lol

Mutalist Alad V Nav Coordinate alert on Cerberus (Pluto) - INFESTATION Outbreak - Infestation vs Grineer

Ahd with that one I can craft a key, finally

I felt the same, Mag is so awesome I didnt know and chose Loki, sadly you cant reroll.

Once you get in your ship after a mission you can log out by closing the aplication.

I don't think there's an option to reroll after you start. On the bright side, though, you can get Mag pretty early on since her parts are on Mars, which is only two planets away.

As for logging out, there isn't an option. Yky just turn off the game/console. It still feels weird to do even after a month lol

Ahd with that one I can craft a key, finally

I felt the same, Mag is so awesome I didnt know and chose Loki, sadly you cant reroll.

Once you get in your ship after a mission you can log out by closing the aplication.
Aww dammit. Glad you can get Mag early though. Thanks guys.

frizby

Another Alad V coord on Europa.

You know, I initially thought Mesa would be a tough farm, but it's really just a matter of time, and coords are dropping fairly regularly. I'd say she'll be easier than Vauban and just slightly tougher than Nekros or Hydroid. I'd actually say that farming keys for Hydroid was more painful, and the only advantage was that you could do it as much as you wanted.

And you wouldn't know it when you're first starting, but Excalibur is actually the best long term option as a starter. He's a good all around frame, and he doesn't have a prime version available that keeps you from giving him an orokin reactor. No way I'd recommend giving a vanilla Mag a reactor with Mag Prime being so easy to get, and Volt is bound to be one of the next few primes.

And you wouldn't know it when you're first starting, but Excalibur is actually the best long term option as a starter. He's a good all around frame, and he doesn't have a prime version available that keeps you from giving him an orokin reactor. No way I'd recommend giving a vanilla Mag a reactor with Mag Prime being so easy to get, and Volt is bound to be one of the next few primes.

I have both Mags upgraded.

I can finally craft a key so I am ready when you are

Top Bottom