• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

On it, I needed one coord for another key

EDIT; top of page huh...

warframe_three_panal_comic_sm_by_liger_inuzuka-d7au6nu.png

Somebody was bored enough to calculate the drop chances for items in Void/Derelict missions.

I swear the chassis part is the hardest part to drop.

awww man those Nyx prime pieces looks so hard..

Just downloaded this game.

Any tips for a complete n00b?

-Survival gametypes are the best place for gather resources of each planet
-Joining a clan is a must if you want to go to the void, get special weapons and frames
-Always catch up the alerts
-Save your plat for warframes spaces (you have space for two warframes in the start) and weapons spaces
-Dont rush the level and open all the loot caches
-Argon Crystal decays after two days

I swear the chassis part is the hardest part to drop.

awww man those Nyx prime pieces looks so hard..

-Survival gametypes are the best place for gather resources of each planet
-Joining a clan is a must if you want to go to the void, get special weapons and frames
-Always catch up the alerts
-Save your plat for warframes spaces (you have space for two warframes in the start) and weapons spaces
-Dont rush the level and open all the loot caches
-Argon Crystal decays after two days

Cheers brother, don't suppose there is a GAF clan out there?

Cheers brother, don't suppose there is a GAF clan out there?
There is, there is! Also, max out your weapons to level 30 before selling them to make space. Your starter weapons are pretty bad though so you'll want to get some better gear when you can. You can straight up purchase the Braton for credits from the store rather than with platinum, and all blueprints on the store can be bought with credits rather than platinum.

frizby

Luvs_2_Squidge is my PSN.

Only played a couple of missions so far but wow does this game look in-depth.

Clan invite sent. Once you accept it, you'll see a clan tab on the chat menu. We don't get huge numbers online like we used to, but I'm working on that, and the folks you see on will be helpful. If you see me on, send a note, and I'll party chat you through some tips and maybe help you unlock some stuff.

You'll also need to build the clan dojo key, which will give you access to tons of clan researched weapons, frames and sentinels. It should appear in your foundry.

And yes, the game is incredibly deep. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but a few basic concepts and shortcuts will carry you a long way.

Have people given the Cold Revenge tactical alert a shot? I completed it, including the Stratos emblem, but I have to say it was significantly more challenging than the previous ones. The target's energy drain aura combined with the need to take out the shield ospreys meant my usual strategy of just brute forcing it with Valkyr didn't work well, and the way the reward levels were now split across multiple nodes with increasing enemy level meant I had to stop and actually start thinking about my loadout.

I ended up settling on Zephyr with a slightly toned down Boltor Prime focused on radiation damage (to get through the ospreys' health quicker) and an ammo mutation mod. If things went smoothly, I had enough energy left to activate Turbulence when I reached the target letting me dump on the ospreys with impunity. Occasionally I also managed Tornado, which would throw the target away from the ospreys if we were lucky. All in all, an interesting challenge.

frizby

I built a nova with the mother of all molecular primes for the event....lots of duration and efficiency.

When you see your energy start to go down, haul balls toward the target and prime. It will reach him, and once he and his ospreys are primed, it's cake.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So since the update every once in a while I see another frame with what looks like a semi translucent wormhole/whirlpool effect by their feet. What exactly gives this effect?

Clan invite sent. Once you accept it, you'll see a clan tab on the chat menu. We don't get huge numbers online like we used to, but I'm working on that, and the folks you see on will be helpful. If you see me on, send a note, and I'll party chat you through some tips and maybe help you unlock some stuff.

You'll also need to build the clan dojo key, which will give you access to tons of clan researched weapons, frames and sentinels. It should appear in your foundry.

And yes, the game is incredibly deep. It can be a bit intimidating at first, but a few basic concepts and shortcuts will carry you a long way.

Cheers for the advice mate. I should be on at least a few times a week (evenings GMT)

Hope to see you on.

bLaiSe

So since the update every once in a while I see another frame with what looks like a semi translucent wormhole/whirlpool effect by their feet. What exactly gives this effect?
Syndicate weapons/mods on weapons.
You're filling up a bar as you earn affinity with that weapon equipped. If you reach the limit it will activate an effect and give you a buff.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Ah thx blaise. Do they have actual syndicate exclusive weapons? I only recall seeing weapon/war frame ability mods though I haven't look too in depth at what's offered.

Saprol

Ah thx blaise. Do they have actual syndicate exclusive weapons? I only recall seeing weapon/war frame ability mods though I haven't look too in depth at what's offered.
Available at 5th rank for 100k reputation. Slight stat changes and have the same syndicate 'buff meter' that you can apply using weapon augment mods.

Steel Meridian -> Vaykor Marelok
Arbiters of Hexis -> Telos Akbolto
Cephalon Suda -> Synoid Gammacor
Perrin Sequence -> Secura Dual Cestra
Red Veil -> Rakta Ballistica
New Loka -> Sancti Castanas

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I have a key and need messa(and limbo lol) if ppl are getting a group together.

Damn this cold revenge event sucks. Lag and bugs galore.

Also looking for loki prime helm(or ppl to run t4 surv with. I have keys) and the stealth kubrow imprints.

frizby

Also looking for loki prime helm(or ppl to run t4 surv with. I have keys) and the stealth kubrow imprints.

I think we're sitting on a few keys in the clan, and everybody who has Mesa is hopefully still picking up coordinates.

I used my last Loki helm to level up a Syndicate, but I'd be willing to help with a survival run.

Also invited two people that I met randomly to the clan. Trying to rebuild with some fresh blood. They seem like good guys. Look for chef_nipnip and butterballz and help them out if you can.

What is your id name in the group? I have the stealth imprints

VariantX

I never used the sindicates so far bu by the look of this change DE dont want you to get T4 keys easily but with tedious grinding. right?

I think this has more to do with the void trader than anything. You trade unwanted/extra prime parts for ducats and those ducats can be used to purchase prime mods and accessories. Right now, beyond the faction exclusive weaponry, there really is no reason to continue to fight for a syndicate except to get t4 keys without dealing with the headache of RNG and playing the un-fun interception mode

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
What's all the talk in that thread about the loot table being messed up? Is this why I have 20+ natural talents and no god damn t4 keys form interceptions? >.> The drop rates are bad enough for prime parts. Esp when t3/4 md and some other one still have the exact same loot table.

frizby

I like Interception...quite a bit actually...and I never had any intent of buying T4 keys from the syndicates. Hopefully they are replaced with something more useful.

Should have two syndicate weapons tonight, but I'm leaning toward selling them.

bLaiSe

I like Interception...quite a bit actually...and I never had any intent of buying T4 keys from the syndicates. Hopefully they are replaced with something more useful.

Should have two syndicate weapons tonight, but I'm leaning toward selling them.
What are those weapons and how much do you want to sell them for? :p I'd rather give a clanmate platinum than a random from trading. I'm going to be on in about 4 hours.

frizby

What are those weapons and how much do you want to sell them for? :p I'd rather give a clanmate platinum than a random from trading. I'm going to be on in about 4 hours.

Gammacore and Mareloc

I see lots of WTB for 150, so I figure they're worth at least 200.

As much as I'd love some of your absurd platinum hoard, I'd have a hard time taking that much. Plus I'll bet you picked the same syndicates.

Edit: won't have them until after the reset and a couple of quick rep farms.

bLaiSe

Gammacore and Mareloc

I see lots of WTB for 150, so I figure they're worth at least 200.

As much as I'd love some of your absurd platinum hoard, I'd have a hard time taking that much. Plus I'll bet you picked the same syndicates.

Edit: won't have them until after the reset and a couple of quick rep farms.
Oh, I bought both already. I picked Hexis and Suda for the keys and the energy restore thing though.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So uh what's the drop rate on these limbo proofs? Cuz soloing these missions sucks and I've only found five so far. Apparently they look like energy orbs...great. Rather incensed atm.

Edit: and now I get 5 in one run. Thank god that's done. Excavasion time

frizby

Ended up selling my Gammacor for 120P. It looked like every other post was someone selling the gun, so I decided to move one for cheap before the market completely collapses.

Mesa is kind of fun. Haven't mastered all of her abilities yet, but I like her.

Leunam

I really like Ballistic Battery and Shooting Gallery. Ballistic Battery makes capture missions a cakewalk since you can down the target with one shot before he even moves and it's great for taking out Eximus or other heavy targets.

I wish more people that I played with used Shooting Gallery. I try and keep it up and running as often as I can if only for the gun jamming proc but most Mesa that I've played with use it sparingly and prefer to run into a room and just blow their energy on Peacemaker.

Really fun frame.

Maledict

Any suggestions on which syndicate to join? I've just hit rank 3, and am still in my excalibur frame as I haven't managed to scrounge all the bits to build another warframe yet.

Can you eventually get to max rank with all syndicates, or are you always locked into one or two?

Saprol

Any suggestions on which syndicate to join? I've just hit rank 3, and am still in my excalibur frame as I haven't managed to scrounge all the bits to build another warframe yet.

Can you eventually get to max rank with all syndicates, or are you always locked into one or two?
Steel Meridian / Arbiters / Cephalon Suda don't generate negative rep for each other so that's an easy group to support if you want some stuff from them. The same happens for Perrin Sequence / Red Veil / New Loka.

VGdfRPr.png

I'm in good standing with 4 syndicates but it means I have to generate twice the rep with Steel Meridian to balance out the -50% Red Veil penalty from Cephalon. Also, I can't represent Arbiters or Red Veil because 100% of my exp when playing for them results in -100% for the other syndicate.

Maledict

How active is the clan during EU time zones btw?

One thing I do like about my current set up is that I was lucky enough to find a gold frame mod that just reduces the cost of all my abilities. I've maxed it out and it lets me do a Radial Javelin burst thing for only 75 energy, which is amazing on defense missions because after a certain number of mobs enough energy drops to allow me to do it again. Spamming an unlimited AE nuke is fun!

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Is t4 stuff bugged atm? Got shredded in less than 4 sec. One clip from generic lvl twentyish enemies should not kill me. Let alone that fast. I don't get why mobs hit so much harder soloing stuff.

VariantX

Is t4 stuff bugged atm? Got shredded in less than 4 sec. One clip from generic lvl twentyish enemies should not kill me. Let alone that fast. I don't get why mobs hit so much harder soloing stuff.

They don't hit any harder, they just hit better. Try getting a fast frame and then try running circles around them, they have aimbot-ish accuracy. Its really easy to spot with void and corpus enemies as they shoot slightly ahead of you and perfectly hit you with every shot. It makes level 20+ Grineer way harder than they should be because their weapons will keep you in perpetual bleed status if you so much as stick a toe out.

How active is the clan during EU time zones btw?

One thing I do like about my current set up is that I was lucky enough to find a gold frame mod that just reduces the cost of all my abilities. I've maxed it out and it lets me do a Radial Javelin burst thing for only 75 energy, which is amazing on defense missions because after a certain number of mobs enough energy drops to allow me to do it again. Spamming an unlimited AE nuke is fun!

More if you have a Nova player then you detone all all them witn your AOE

Hellers

Is there anyway to change the default power used on R1+x? Or quickly switch between them. I know you can hold down L1+R1 and hit the required pad button but it seems a bit clumsy. Is there a better way of doing powers?

bLaiSe

Is there anyway to change the default power used on R1+x? Or quickly switch between them. I know you can hold down L1+R1 and hit the required pad button but it seems a bit clumsy. Is there a better way of doing powers?
I have them on my Dpad and the last activated power is on R3. That way I can cast abilities with spammer warframes without taking my finger off of the left stick.

Leunam

The options menu offers custom controls. I've set mine to allow me to use the left and right on the d-pad to select my power and then R1 to cast. You can also swipe the touch pad to use each power.

Top Bottom