• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Man, I never even tried this game because I thought it was f2p crap, but it's pretty damn fun. I really like how the shooting feels with that ultra-close view

VariantX

doubt anyone is awake at this point in North or South america, but theres a mutalist nav alert going on right now at Europa (Abbadon)

frizby

So clan keys thus far:

Frizby
Diecast
Mmcareen
Variant
Edgeward
Shiki

I won't be home for 4-5 days, so if you guys get 4, go for it, but diecast and careen should wait for me. Would be awesome if we had 4 people w 2 keys each.

Oh dang! I just realized something. If the PSN issues aren't resolved within the next hour and fifteen minutes, doesn't that mean my login reward tier will be reset since I couldn't log in for the last 24 hours? That kinda sucks :(

Leunam

Hope it's back up tomorrow. My Oberon frame should be finished by then. I've got Mesa at 30 and I wanted to try Oberon before I really get into tooling out Mesa.

Edgeward

Oh dang! I just realized something. If the PSN issues aren't resolved within the next hour and fifteen minutes, doesn't that mean my login reward tier will be reset since I couldn't log in for the last 24 hours? That kinda sucks :(

Yes, it will reset. So you will miss out on the sweet forma, catalyst primary/sentinel xp bonus

I have a question, my son fired up the Xbone version and it had this intro and outside sort of tutorial that I don't recall on PS4. Is it like an add on pack or something?

I have a question, my son fired up the Xbone version and it had this intro and outside sort of tutorial that I don't recall on PS4. Is it like an add on pack or something?

Yup, there is a cool story mode for beginners where you escape from Vor and actually have to navigate trought mercury (the starter planet I think) to gather resources to deactivate a death trap he implanted to your warframe and recently they added another story mode to introduce the Infested faction and the archwings.

Yup, there is a cool story mode for beginners where you escape from Vor and actually have to navigate trought mercury (the starter planet I think) to gather resources to deactivate a death trap he implanted to your warframe and recently they added another story mode to introduce the Infested faction and the archwings.

Is this in the PS4 version now? Also can your character go cross platform ps4 to xbone etc? I could be wrong but the Xbone version looks smoother.

edit, I dont actually mean playing with others on other platforms. I just mean using your character.

Is this in the PS4 version now? Also can your character go cross platform ps4 to xbone etc? I could be wrong but the Xbone version looks smoother.

edit, I dont actually mean playing with others on other platforms. I just mean using your character.

Yes, there is a pop up windows asking you if you want to do the story mode or you can go to the codex section and start the storyline (but the enemies are like level 3 or 4 lol)

And no, you cant import your character to other platforms

frizby

I could be wrong but the Xbone version looks smoother.

Seems incredibly unlikely given the relative power of the two consoles and how long the game has been out on both.

We talking framerate here? Are you comparing current build on both systems or your recollection of prior updates on PS4? I ask because update 14 was pretty buggy across all hardware. You also have to bear in mind that your performance on either machine is going to depend largely on the bandwidth of whoever happens to be hosting, and certain levels have always had issues just based on sheer scale (tower capture and mobile defense especially).

For my part, I wouldn't want to give up the touchpad on PS4.

Maledict

Is there a bug in the PS4 version where the button you need to press doesn't appear? Instead I just get a checked box which isnt very helpful. the actual button still works if I guess the right one but it's incredibly confusing...

(e.g. when in the armoury, I can only see the options around appearnce and abilities for my warframe, the other two options just have this blank box thing).

I wish this ran better on ps4. I tried on pc while psn was down and it's so much smoother. It's not like it's a graphically intensive game from what I've seen

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I view the squad chat log while in a mission? It comes up if I press T, but I want it to stay up so I can see messages. This is on pc

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Can you not change your character? My friend started a new game and chose Excalibur as his frame. Now he is back on his ship and it loaded his old character. How do you switch?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
That..... is really stupid. Why make him choose a frame and weapon set if it just dumps him back to his old stuff? Can he delete his character at least and start over?

frizby

Can you not change your character? My friend started a new game and chose Excalibur as his frame. Now he is back on his ship and it loaded his old character. How do you switch?

There is no "new game". Your friend ran the tutorial and picked a frame, but once he's done with the tutorial, he's back on his profile.

You might think it's stupid, but it's probably preferable to running the tutorial and losing everything.

That..... is really stupid. Why make him choose a frame and weapon set if it just dumps him back to his old stuff? Can he delete his character at least and start over?

it is a bummer they dont allow you to re roll your character, it should be a warning about not being able to chose the other two or something.

At least new players got it easy and got a detailed information about the starter frames.

The tutorial is meant for new players, but I expect they made it mandatory for returning ones as well since so much has changed and they probably need it to learn how stuff works again. Getting another Excalibur will admittedly take some time (unless you're powerful enough to help him get the parts and resources to craft it), but the weapons can be bought from the market for credits (I'd recommend he get a regular Braton though, the MK-1 weapons are gimped newbie weapons.)

Top Bottom