• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

How active is the clan during EU time zones btw?

One thing I do like about my current set up is that I was lucky enough to find a gold frame mod that just reduces the cost of all my abilities. I've maxed it out and it lets me do a Radial Javelin burst thing for only 75 energy, which is amazing on defense missions because after a certain number of mobs enough energy drops to allow me to do it again. Spamming an unlimited AE nuke is fun!

The clan isn't super active at any time YET. We had 8 on for a long stretch last night, but it's also not uncommon that it's just me and a couple of other guys. I have brought in a few new people, including at least one from EU, so maybe you can be the beginning of the rebuilding of our EU player base.

And you haven't yet scratched the surface of efficiency or ability spamming. Can't wait for you to see more!

Started playing today. Could I get a clan invite please? PSN name HGFB

Will get you an invite this afternoon, EST.

frizby

Also wanted to report that I sold my Telos Akbolto from Arbiters of the Hexis for 100p, so the market hasn't crashed yet on syndicate weapons just yet. I'd recommend selling your first few rather than leveling them up, because they are pretty easily replaced and pretty quick to sell.

I will need to trade for the New Loka and Perrin Sequence guns later though, so if anybody is doing the "right" side of the syndicate list, please let me know.

bLaiSe

How does one pick a 3rd syndicate? I chose Hexis and Suda when they came out, but I don't remember how to get the sigils. I want to join Steel Meridian too, because I'm neutral with them.

frizby

How does one pick a 3rd syndicate? I chose Hexis and Suda when they came out, but I don't remember how to get the sigils. I want to join Steel Meridian too, because I'm neutral with them.

Just click on them and do the "initiation". They'll give you a starter sigil.

My plan is to wait and get absolutely everything I want from Hexis and Suda before starting Steel, because then I'll be able to indirectly level up Red Veil.

Invite sent Hellers. :)

Koyuga

Just started getting back into this since I checked it out at launch.
A clan invite would be appreciated! PSN - ZoundsGX

Hellers

I'm trying to get going on unlocking all the missions I have available but sadly it's really difficult at times to get a group. Even then you can end up with someone barely playing and manage to blow all four revives in one go. :(

frizby

I'm trying to get going on unlocking all the missions I have available but sadly it's really difficult at times to get a group. Even then you can end up with someone barely playing and manage to blow all four revives in one go. :(

A small group of us are on pretty much every night, and we're happy to help and advise.

I'll look for you.

njean777

Ok I am a total noob to this game and downloaded it for PS4. I like the game so far but have no idea what anything is for and what I am doing. I understand the leveling mechanics for guns, but do not understand how to mod my warframe. I went into the arsenal machine and couldn't figure out how to apply my mod I fused. It will only let me change the colors on my warframe.. do I need it to be a certain level? I am level 4 right now on my first frame. I am still on the story mode I guess where I am trying to deactivate some worm in my head.

VariantX

Upgrade is triangle when in the arsenal. Appearance is square. I don't think story mode locks upgrade out.

It shouldn't. If he can access the menu to change colors and whatnot then he should have that functionality. Everything else will have to be unlocked by going through the missions. Now, if the mod requires more points than he has at the moment, then he can't equip it yet OR hes got enough points, but hes putting it in a polarized slot with a different mod polarity causing it to cost more points than it should. He just needs to check whether or not the symbol on the mod is the same or different than the slot hes trying to put it in, or simply move it to an unpolarized slot.

bLaiSe

Holy shit the two conflicting alliances spent 4 billion credits so far on Sechura. Wish I could credit farm, but I'm at work. I'll need loads for the coming primed mods. Managed to get 4 million credits in 1,5 hours before I had to leave for work so it's fine. I've only played dark sector conflicts when you just had to fight specters in mobile defense missions so this PvP thing was completely new for me, but I quite enjoyed it. I hope V for Vendetta will lose and they'll try to take Sechura back soon. :)

Edit: Aaaaand it's over.

bLaiSe

I love how easy it is to level up stuff when you're rep farming on Draco. 2 rounds and it's lvl 30 if you are the Trinity or Rhino. Wish I knew this when I got back to the game after a longish break and had to lvl up kubrows and weapons to reach mastery 18. With an affinity booster you can max out 2 weapons instead of one.
I even forma'd stuff that I was planning to but never really had the time. Sybaris 6 formas, Phage 5 formas, Akstiletto 3 formas, etc..
4 formas in 45-60 minutes. Amazing!

Jellie

Haven't played Warframe in a while (when Rhino Prime was new). Could somebody help me get back to speed by explaining whats happened since then? Also it seems like the clan I was in is now inactive so would it be possible to get an invite to the neogaf clan if its still active?

VariantX

Haven't played Warframe in a while (when Rhino Prime was new). Could somebody help me get back to speed by explaining whats happened since then? Also it seems like the clan I was in is now inactive so would it be possible to get an invite to the neogaf clan if its still active?

Ok here's a short list.

-new frames (hydroid, mirage, mesa, limbo)
-upgraded melee combat (stances with unique combo attacks + channeling system) charge attacks may return in the future (one of the devs said something along those lines in the devstream)
-probably around 100+ new mods.
-syndicates (6 factions with their own alligiences, and opposition each of which have unique rewards for progressing through a faction's ranks)
-basic framework for a quest system implemented.
-archwing (space combat)
-social hubs( coming to consoles probably either late January or early February according to what was said on the recent devstream)
-several new enemy units being added/tweaked
-complete reworking of the UI
-passive abilities for warframes will be universally applied retroactively to older frames.
-Sigils and armor cosmetic options as well as cosmetic options for your ship.
-Kubrow companions

What's your PSN? Either I or anyone else in this thread who can will send you an invite. Also if you need help with anything feel free to ask either here or in the clan chat tab in-game.

Jellie

Ok here's a short list.

-new frames (hydroid, mirage, mesa, limbo)
-upgraded melee combat (stances with unique combo attacks + channeling system) charge attacks may return in the future (one of the devs said something along those lines in the devstream)
-probably around 100+ new mods.
-syndicates (6 factions with their own alligiences, and opposition each of which have unique rewards for progressing through a faction's ranks)
-basic framework for a quest system implemented.
-archwing (space combat)
-social hubs( coming to consoles probably either late January or early February according to what was said on the recent devstream)
-several new enemy units being added/tweaked
-complete reworking of the UI
-passive abilities for warframes will be universally applied retroactively to older frames.
-Sigils and armor cosmetic options as well as cosmetic options for your ship.
-Kubrow companions

What's your PSN? Either I or anyone else in this thread who can will send you an invite. Also if you need help with anything feel free to ask either here or in the clan chat tab in-game.

Few questions
How do you get Kubrow companions?
Any warframes/mods got significant buffs/nerfs and what new mods should I look to get?
My warframes and weapons had 0/60 points left but now most of them are 10-20 left. Did some mods get removed or the cost decreased?
My PSN is Undignify

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Kubrows can be gotten from eggs which are found (rarely) from feral kubrow dens on earth. You need an egg, a power core and an open stasis slot to make one. There's 4 breeds with different skills. Their health decays if they are killed in mission or you leave them out (not in stasis) and don't log in.

VariantX

Few questions
How do you get Kubrow companions?
Any warframes/mods got significant buffs/nerfs and what new mods should I look to get?
My warframes and weapons had 0/60 points left but now most of them are 10-20 left. Did some mods get removed or the cost decreased?
My PSN is Undignify

Ability mods were removed and are now upgraded by leveling up the frame itself. So you have a few more points to use for other mods now if you wish. As far as nerfs go, I can't really speak on that stuff too much since none of the frames I have except Excalibur received any and that's a line-of-sight limitation on his radial blind ability. If you were disappointed with Oberon in the past, you'll find that he's extremely useful now and all of his abilities have decent utility now. Smite procs radiation on a single target, hallowed ground prevents and removes negative status effects, renewal actually restores a fair amount of Health over time to all team members, reckoning now does radiation damage.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm around 12 hours into the game and enjoying it greatly, obviously I'm just at the beginning basically :) Managed to rank up my starter weapons to level 30 and my warframe to 29. If someone could send me a clan invite that would be great :) PSN ID = Al_Benicio

A few newbie questions:

1. So am I correct in that for mod efficiency it's about using a high level warframe with high level mods and correctly using the polaization method/resource cut cost to make your frame as effective as possible ?

2. If I have a blueprint for say the Rhino or Mesa frames how do I get the other blueprints which make up the whole frame ? Like the systems blueprint etcc ?

3. It looks like you get certain resources on certain planets, is it just pot luck which ones you get in the missions on that planet (from that selection) ? (eg polymer compounds) You can't specifically go for a mission with that unless it's an alert which states it ?

4. I've been told that if you want to spend real money you should spend it on loadout slots and orokin reactors/cells/catalysts as they are the hardest things to come by. Is that correct ? Afterall so many things could change now :)

Just a few questions for now, I'm sure more will come up!

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
1)Yeah basically. You can also forma(adds polarization) slots and use an orikan reactor to double you mod capacity too.

2)Most frames you either buy the bp from the market and get the parts from one of the planets bosses or you find all parts/bp in the void/derelict(high lvl mission that need keys to enter). Newer frames come from the new quest ssystem and vauban is only from alerts.

3)yeah. Rarer resources drop less often and in less amounts. it's all random though unless said resource is a specifically listed reward.

4)Yup. You only start with 2 warframe slots and there's 20+ frames. Reactors/catalysts are given on alerts but rarely, usually after a devstream.

Edit: I'll send you an clan invite tomorrow after college if someone doesn't get you before then.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks very much, good answers and kind of what I expected :) At the minute I just tend to auto install mods due to laziness but I need to sit down and have a good nosey at it.

Hellers

I was in a group yesterday and someone sent us to a dark void defense mission. It was all going brilliantly. Loads of enemies dead. I had stacks of much better mod cards than I currently had.

Then we hit wave five and got utterly mullered. Sad days.

frizby

I was in a group yesterday and someone sent us to a dark void defense mission. It was all going brilliantly. Loads of enemies dead. I had stacks of much better mod cards than I currently had.

Then we hit wave five and got utterly mullered. Sad days.

Yeah, that happens. Difficulty can ramp up substantially, and quickly. Things usually fall apart when energy draining enemies show up. Hopefully you'll be able to hook up with some people in the clan to help you through the early game. I'm literally at the point where I have nothing better to do than help others out.

Al, clan invite sent. Welcome!

frizby

4)Yup. You only start with 2 warframe slots and there's 20+ frames. Reactors/catalysts are given on alerts but rarely, usually after a devstream.

Edit: I'll send you an clan invite tomorrow after college if someone doesn't get you before then.

Just wanted to add to this part (for emphasis) that everything else in the game aside from slots can be earned in-game, usually with a minimum of difficulty if you know what you're doing or have someone advising. I could go on and on about how baffling I find the "free to play" model on this game, because it doesn't really do any of the gross stuff you'd expect provided you take the time to educate yourself on how to build things.

You can also sell stuff for plat, provided you have the right stuff to sell. I've made about 750p just off syndicate guns in the past week or so. The market will fall through on those soon, but there will always be another new thing that people are willing to pay for with the next update.

Also wanted to thank Indrid Cold for the help. I recruited probably 4-5 people to the clan over the weekend (not counting requests here), so the rebuilding is happening.

Ade

I continue to envy the community the PS4 version has.

As an XB1 Tenno I'm rather lonely, love the game, but trying to get shit done is hard.... Stop nagging me about proof fragments Ordis!

Hellers

Last couple of days I've been getting some really good groups. Tonight I managed to finish an epic survival run (10 minutes!) with another guy and it was such good fun. Followed by an Excavation mission that took me at least 10 mins to find the way to the extraction point. I'm not too keen on those missions.

Very impressed with volt though. Since I was enjoying myself so much I decided to buy some plat. Currently have Excalibur, Mag, Volt and Rhino. Rhino is handy but I think I like volt the best so far.

During the excavation mission I think I got a key for Tower 1(?) What do I do with that?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Keys are used in the void to run missions. For example a t2 defense key launches a tier 2(lvl 10-20?) endless defense mission. The key is consumed upon successful completion/extraction.

I'm a relatively new player getting close to rank 2. This game is filling my Destiny itch lol.

Can I get an invite to the NeoGAF clan please? My PSN is dreamsINdigital and I'm in PST.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Im sure this has been asked a ton but is there a decent beginners guide to the game somewhere? I completed the first set of mission and im not exactly sure what guns/powers/mods i should be using or upgrading, ect.

Maid

Banned
Im sure this has been asked a ton but is there a decent beginners guide to the game somewhere? I completed the first set of mission and im not exactly sure what guns/powers/mods i should be using or upgrading, ect.

I just read this one and I'm good for now. Still some missions are hard to play solo, and I can't seem to find any squad to join. Is the community still good for this game on the PS4?

Hellers

In EU I've been finding it mixed. Sometimes I get group after group for pretty much anything I want to run. Others I end up having to play easier stuff solo due to lack of people.

frizby

Just wanted to note that clan activity has been picking up more or less as planned.

I've recruited a few people from in game, and some of the recent additions from the forum have been online a fair amount. I think we had 12 on at one point last night, and we had some good discussion in the clan chat and were hooking up for some activities.

Good stuff! It was almost like old times.

frizby

frizby and blaise
the true troopers of warframe ps4

What can I say... I still enjoy the mindless farming/grinding, trading, topping the end mission damage charts and 3 hour long T4 Survivals.

What he said.

And in the absence of something productive I can do for my profile, I extend the game's life by mentoring newer players and helping them through the basics.

My most recent recruit (mmcareen) went from zero to mastery 17 in about 5 weeks. Dude is an animal!

Top Bottom