• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

DevStream 57 is up and covers a lot of goodness.

There's a post on the official forums that covers all the details, along with images and video links here:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/495356-devstream-57-overview/

Main takeaways: Parkour 2.0 is finally here, targeting release in Update 17 next week (or to cert for consoles). Parkour 2.0, Sharkwing and the new frame (Equinox) all look amazing. Seriously, I had zero interest in underwater stuff but seeing it all come together has changed my mind.

Also - new mod slot for all Warframes unlocked with the new raid? I have no idea, still havent touched the raid stuff. Maybe if they have matchmaking one day...

Definitely worth a watch though, even if just to see all the new Parkour 2.0 moves and how they change things up. Here's a link to that part of the stream.

DevStream 57 is up and covers a lot of goodness.

There's a post on the official forums that covers all the details, along with images and video links here:
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/495356-devstream-57-overview/

Main takeaways: Parkour 2.0 is finally here, targeting release in Update 17 next week (or to cert for consoles). Parkour 2.0, Sharkwing and the new frame (Equinox) all look amazing. Seriously, I had zero interest in underwater stuff but seeing it all come together has changed my mind.

Also - new mod slot for all Warframes unlocked with the new raid? I have no idea, still havent touched the raid stuff. Maybe if they have matchmaking one day...

Definitely worth a watch though, even if just to see all the new Parkour 2.0 moves and how they change things up. Here's a link to that part of the stream.

Equinox is a she!?? gotta get her

Raide

Currently sinking a crazy amount of time into Warframe on Xbox One. 6 Frames currently and playing with Oberon. Hes a bit different. Working on a Nekros and Vauban set if I can get the helmet for both. :D

The update stuff sounds really cool. Hopefully the Parkour update stops those annoying jump/locked into place bugs that happen.

Not sure about the underwater stuff but I would like to see a mix of water, jump onto land and then back into the water, just to add some variation.

Not sure about the underwater stuff but I would like to see a mix of water, jump onto land and then back into the water, just to add some variation.
They show exactly that in the video. And they also talk about how it lays the groundwork to do the same with mixing on-foot and archwing space stuff in future raids/missions.

I never expected those underwater spaces to be so huge. The size and detail surprised me.

Raide

They show exactly that in the video. And they also talk about how it lays the groundwork to do the same with mixing on-foot and archwing space stuff in future raids/missions.

I was pretty hyped for the Archwing stuff but its boring as hell. It feels like early Warframe where the variation was not there yet. Just wanted the video and the underwater stuff could add some good variety to maps.

Still hyped for Parkour goodness and more gear!

I was pretty hyped for the Archwing stuff but its boring as hell.
There isn't enough of it - only a handful of Archwing missions spread across the star map means you're always running the same stuff in the same areas. And the Archwing intercept and special events aren't so great when they revolve around a sprawling horde of enemies that can cut players down in a moment - out in the middle of space with damn near zero cover.

Yeah, Archwing has problems and still needs some work.

But I love the environments - both out in space and in Corpus ship internals - those sabotage missions are great fun though and make for a nice palette cleanser at the very least.

VariantX

Just got home from handling some business and I'm pretty jazzed about the update myself. Shotguns finally look viable at higher level content and more weapon class mods are welcome. Alt fire and aim are seperate functions. Shame we didn't get to see the current iteration of the star chart and how rewards will be handled from now on.

Raide

There isn't enough of it - only a handful of Archwing missions spread across the star map means you're always running the same stuff in the same areas. And the Archwing intercept and special events aren't so great when they revolve around a sprawling horde of enemies that can cut players down in a moment - out in the middle of space with damn near zero cover.

Yeah, Archwing has problems and still needs some work.

But I love the environments - both out in space and in Corpus ship internals - those sabotage missions are great fun though and make for a nice palette cleanser at the very least.

I would certainly love to see some missions for the Archwing where you get on foot to do something and then fly again. Just more variety in the missions. Maybe we will see a good mix of water, land and then space. :D

Atm I wait for certain alerts to get Mods I want. Finally got the Health Regen one I have been waiting for ages for.

bLaiSe

Watched the stream as well. I need this new stuff ASAP. The Excalibur rework comes soon so I think that'll keep me entertained for a while. Left with nothing to do again. I just get on to buy some arcanes but I'm mostly AFK.

Amon37

The one mission in a million I find telluriam and the mission glitches after the first wave and I lose it.

Edit: actually since everyone was actually doing this mission I was able to get all the tellurium I needed to make itzal.

Edit2: I've also realized part of my archwing problem is I'm missing some basic mods like health increase, shield recharge rate, and energy increase.

oktarb

So Equinox looks like a praying mantis themed suit.

I tend to play this game is serious bursts, hit an over-saturation wall, take a break and then its back on. Currently in the back on phase, bought the Ash Prime....Prime pack...mostly for the insane plat deal that comes with it. Was just plain tired of running out of frame and equipment space. On the plus side with 2700 plat I could buy a lot of the attachment items for looks without feeling bad.

Next update looks amazing. This game really shows how far a game can come if you just stick with it, stop worrying about a sequel and not being afraid to gamble on an idea.

Bravo DE.

The one mission in a million I find telluriam and the mission glitches after the first wave and I lose it.

Edit: actually since everyone was actually doing this mission I was able to get all the tellurium I needed to make itzal.

Edit2: I've also realized part of my archwing problem is I'm missing some basic mods like health increase, shield recharge rate, and energy increase.

I just need one more tellerium for Itzal, still Chroma alt helmet and other weapons need tellerium too....uugghhhh

frizby

Finally got my ash bp yesterday morning. F-U T3 Defense.

Grats!

I think they really corrected all of my problems with Ash with the combo of his prime verison (faster and more armor) along with Armored Accelleration, which also gives him more of both. It makes him damn hard to kill, especially if you have Arcane Trickery, and he was always offensively officient.

Fun frame even if he eventually always ends up spamming Bladestorm, which can get boring.

bLaiSe

Grats!

I think they really corrected all of my problems with Ash with the combo of his prime verison (faster and more armor) along with Armored Accelleration, which also gives him more of both. It makes him damn hard to kill, especially if you have Arcane Trickery, and he was always offensively officient.

Fun frame even if he eventually always ends up spamming Bladestorm, which can get boring.
I wish AA became a utility mod. I want to use it but there's no place for it on my build. If it won't I'll run Rush because that will make him a better melee frame.

frizby

Kinda weird you cant get loot if the game crash on disconnect on the raid, bummer

Hope you didn't lose anything good. You're getting better at the raid FWIW, and it's ridiculously easy to turn those arcanes into platinum...about 140 worth today alone with Barrier and Awakening.

Amon37

Hope you didn't lose anything good. You're getting better at the raid FWIW, and it's ridiculously easy to turn those arcanes into platinum...about 140 worth today alone with Barrier and Awakening.

I so wish I was able to get on at raid times. I'm missing out clan stuff plus all the rewards. Also I'm a complete noob at them so I'd like to screw up with the clan so I can learn to be efficient and the run pug's.

bLaiSe

I so wish I was able to get on at raid times. I'm missing out clan stuff plus all the rewards. Also I'm a complete noob at them so I'd like to screw up with the clan so I can learn to be efficient and the run pug's.
Yeah, same. I'd like to run with the clan sometimes but the timeing is just not right for me. They're raiding at like 10 PM which is bedtime for me if I wanna wake up at 4. :/

Amon37

Well leveling itzal is allowing me to grind for weapons. Currently have decurion and Rathbone building, missing one peice for veluctis.

Is there a consensus on the best archwing guns/melee?

bLaiSe

Well leveling itzal is allowing me to grind for weapons. Currently have decurion and Rathbone building, missing one peice for veluctis.

Is there a consensus on the best archwing guns/melee?
I prefer the Velocitus and Centaur for those 1 hit kills.

Jellie

Yeah, same. I'd like to run with the clan sometimes but the timeing is just not right for me. They're raiding at like 10 PM which is bedtime for me if I wanna wake up at 4. :/

10PM isn't a very convenient time for me to raid either. If there are any others that can raid earlier then I would join that raid instead. Want to be able to use those affinity boosters for once.

frizby

10PM isn't a very convenient time for me to raid either. If there are any others that can raid earlier then I would join that raid instead. Want to be able to use those affinity boosters for once.

Just to clarify, that's 10pm in Europe. It's usually between 4-6pm in the US.

frizby

I'm in the UK. Different username on here. Hint it's undig

Lol. Got it.

My move is going smoothly. Should have internet in the next few hours if you guys can wait.

Went to a friend's place last night and his kid was playing Warframe on his laptop. I told him I play too but on PS4, and he was pretty skeptical that I knew anything until we started talking. Thought that was pretty funny, and FYI, he's really digging parkour 2.0.

Some kind of update here on my PS4, hope its update 17.

nm, its not

Just so you know I'll be hitting refresh every minute until I hear back from you.
Looks like its a smaller update: 16.11.4

PS4 Tenno,

Update 16.11.4 is now live!

With both stability builds out the door, our teams diligently continue to work on the next major update.

What can you look forward to?
New Augment Mods!
New Syandana!
New Tenno Reinforcement: Simulor!
Excalibur Rework + Prisma Excalibur and Proto-Armor!
Changes and Fixes galore!
Thank for your patience!

Amon37

Any of the new augments worth anything? Of course this happens today and my day off was yesterday.

Single tear for super jump. Lol

Edit: can't wait to bring mag to defense missions for lulz.

bLaiSe

As a melee player I'm really enjoying this Excalibur rework. So glad I built Arcane Phantasm for his new helmet (which looks fkin awesome), he needs the movement speed. Exalted Blade is pretty strong and when he goes crazy with Berserker... Ahhh, he's soooo good now. :)
Can't wait for that Prisma Skana!

Amon37

Anyone have or can grab an extra Bright Purity?

I will trade for anything from the other side (Meridian, Hexis or Suda)

Edit: Just did my first mission with semi exalted blade build. WOW!! Have fun before this is nerfed.

1. 20k crits with the shockwaves with massive punch through
2. Now make that a machine gun of shockwaves because berserk
3. Did I mention if the shockwaves crit it triggers beserk
4. Such low drain I had it on constantly for over 30 minutes.
5. Can use any of his other abilities with exalted blade out.
6. Free radial blind at the end of a slide attack.
7. Oh ya auto-parry, cause ain't nobody got time to block when your kicking this much ass.

frizby

Anyone have or can grab an extra Bright Purity?

I will trade for anything from the other side (Meridian, Hexis or Suda)

Mmcareen and Diecast are the only two clan members I'm aware of who have those syndicates leveled. Keep an eye out for them.

lord_lad

Banned
can i ask why do DE kept giving the same stratos emblem for their ' tactical alert events'? this must be like the 4th time i've seen it rewarded as an event reward.

bLaiSe

can i ask why do DE kept giving the same stratos emblem for their ' tactical alert events'? this must be like the 4th time i've seen it rewarded as an event reward.
Every time you complete a Tac Alert with the badge as a reward it adds something to the Stratos emblem. There were like 15 or so alerts like this so far.

Amon37

Wish I didn't miss the puncture mods. At least they've been putting the limited mods back in the game so I'll probably have a second chance to grab them at some point.

Top Bottom