• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played since blood borne or Witcher 3 due to crash issues. Man game loads way faster now and runs decently too. I can actually get to the nav menu without the game crashing. This event is brutal though.

Can I get a clan re invite?

Psn: Eldritch_Spectre

Thx

Syder

Any PC players know if there's an FOV that doesn't give motion sickness? Installed the game on Steam today and I could only manage an hour and a half before I had to have a break.

Amon37

Did the catalyst. I have over 10 reactors and nothing to use them on unless I wanted to potato my other 2 sentinels and kubrows which I never use.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
So how often does this Juggernaut show up? It's been a while but I thought it was gonna be an archwing boss?

Is there any word on what's going into the vault next or when?

Amon37

So how often does this Juggernaut show up? It's been a while but I thought it was gonna be an archwing boss?

Is there any word on what's going into the vault next or when?

It was the boss of a tactical alert. In infested missions I can hear a roar sometimes and assume it's the juggernaut but I never see it.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I think he shows up after 3 roars if you don't finish the mission beforehand. I went up an elevator, turned a corner and he was just chillin there. His armour is annoying, makes him take forever to kill.

Amon37

Unless they changed it mesa is the best use if you know your going to fight it. She can hit all the small weak spots automatically using peacemaker.

I'll have to stick around to see it show up I think I've only been at 2 roars at the most.

They should have it show up in ODD.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really? Interesting. I figured they would have nerfed mesa by now. Like my poor gammacor. Finally get the thing last night and it's useless lol Always behind the curve. I miss being able to actually make decent progress solo. Making new weapons need 2 older weapons also sucks imo

I wish they'd make g3 appear more too. In 600+hrs I've seen them 3 times. In the 3 days since I've been back I've seen zanuka, stalker 5 times and now Juggernaut. I just want my brakk parts DE. No more BPs plz

bLaiSe

Oh really? Interesting. I figured they would have nerfed mesa by now. Like my poor gammacor. Finally get the thing last night and it's useless lol Always behind the curve. I miss being able to actually make decent progress solo. Making new weapons need 2 older weapons also sucks imo

I wish they'd make g3 appear more too. In 600+hrs I've seen them 3 times. In the 3 days since I've been back I've seen zanuka, stalker 5 times and now Juggernaut. I just want my brakk parts DE. No more BPs plz
Ever tried the raid? They have a high chance of spawning there.

frizby

Ever tried the raid? They have a high chance of spawning there.

Yup, they almost always show up in the normal raid and fairly often in nightmare as well.

I have not tried it no. What kind of gear/time investment does it require?

We run it daily around 4-5PM EST US.

We like to run two Novas (standard build with lots of duration), two disarm Lokis (raid build has Prime Flow and no Narrow Minded) and an E Vamp Trinity. All other frames beyond that core group are optional, but blinding Mirage and range Bastille Vauban come in handy. If you're new to the raid, the expectation would be that you'd play someone other than the core five until you figure everything out.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So since this OT is more active than the PC OT I figure I have a higher chance of getting a response here.

So I just started playing over the weekend. I should be able to hit mastery rank 5 tonight if I can get a few more levels on my archwing and its weps.

But I am looking into building my next frame, a lot of people seems to recommend rhino but I don't know if it's my thing really.

Would you guys recommend Valkyr and Ember? I keep hearing Valkyr is just a worse version of excal and I don't really see anyone talking about ember. I'd like to build frost but farming Lech on phobos sounds painful as I barely killed him my first run through.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Rhinos not the most exciting frame but really helps when you're getting started or playing solo. I never used Valkyr much but she's like Excal yeah. Ember is okay, haven't used here in a while. She's good against infested. Lech you have to shot in specific spots before he's vulnerable like ruk but he can take forever.

And Frizby I'd be down to try the raid sometime. I got every non-prime frame besides Chroma, doing his last part today. All potatoed. I assume I need to build some key or something for it.

Looking at Equinox foundry times, looks like it will take like a whole week to get her completed without using plat. If you are going to rush it is nearly as buying her with plat alone.

Amon37

How do you guys normally mod your dread? I've got 2 forma so far a V and a bar for a total of 3 V and one bar.

Running 3009.6 slash 125% critical chance 4.4x critical multiplier and 0.5 charge rate.

bLaiSe

How do you guys normally mod your dread? I've got 2 forma so far a V and a bar for a total of 3 V and one bar.

Running 3009.6 slash 125% critical chance 4.4x critical multiplier and 0.5 charge rate.
Serration, Split C, Crit mods, elementals, Crit Delay and Vile Acceleration.
I don't like Heavy Cal on bows because you have to be in the face of the enemies if you want to hit them.

Anyone have some experience buying from the warframe store ?, I saw Mag will be the next on the LE statues today and I want to know if the statues are quite good to buy one.

frizby

Zephyr + Jet Stream + 175 power strength + Tonkor + Terminal Velocity =

franco-so-good.gif

The speed. The carnage. The flying kills. One shotting Negators. It's all just too good. Haven't had this much silly fun since the Penta's heyday, and this is even better.

Vinland

Banned
So since this OT is more active than the PC OT I figure I have a higher chance of getting a response here.

So I just started playing over the weekend. I should be able to hit mastery rank 5 tonight if I can get a few more levels on my archwing and its weps.

But I am looking into building my next frame, a lot of people seems to recommend rhino but I don't know if it's my thing really.

Would you guys recommend Valkyr and Ember? I keep hearing Valkyr is just a worse version of excal and I don't really see anyone talking about ember. I'd like to build frost but farming Lech on phobos sounds painful as I barely killed him my first run through.

Ember is fantastic. Rhino is also good and can put you into any other Warframe. Soma is a great weapon to accompany it. Trinity is one you should look into, it plays well with something like a Nikatana and reflex guard you can be an amazing blocker + sniper + support class. Volt is also pro but most people seem to want to trade up since it's a starter now. It was Loki when ps4 launched and that is what I played until rhino.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Ember is fantastic. Rhino is also good and can put you into any other Warframe. Soma is a great weapon to accompany it. Trinity is one you should look into, it plays well with something like a Nikatana and reflex guard you can be an amazing blocker + sniper + support class. Volt is also pro but most people seem to want to trade up since it's a starter now. It was Loki when ps4 launched and that is what I played until rhino.

Well since I made that post I've been busy, I ended up making a valk because I realized I had about 80% of the mods to become immortal with her.

I use my galatine with spoiled strike, jagged edge, and rending strike for nearly 1000 base slashing and then blast + corrosive on top of that. That makes her claws do insane numbers, then running rage and quick thinking + tons of other mods for energy sustain and survivability I can basically be in her ult the whole time.

It's quite amazing.

I've got a rhino prime in the oven so I'm excited for that when it's ready.

bLaiSe

Well since I made that post I've been busy, I ended up making a valk because I realized I had about 80% of the mods to become immortal with her.

I use my galatine with spoiled strike, jagged edge, and rending strike for nearly 1000 base slashing and then blast + corrosive on top of that. That makes her claws do insane numbers, then running rage and quick thinking + tons of other mods for energy sustain and survivability I can basically be in her ult the whole time.

It's quite amazing.

I've got a rhino prime in the oven so I'm excited for that when it's ready.
If you enjoy melee combat I'd recommend trying Ash and Excalibur. Ash can sustain the melee multiplier for a very long time with the Rising Storm augment and some duration and Excalibur is a beast since his rework.
Btw, Valkyr's Hysteria is affected by the weapons base stats so the best choice for her at the moment is the Scindo Prime or Prisma Dual Cleavers. Excalibur's Exalted Blade on the other hand benefits from mods. Oh and one more thing... Don't use the mods that give you more slash/puncture/impact even if the weapon has really high stats for those. Elementals scale better so its best to use the +60% status+elemental mods.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
If you enjoy melee combat I'd recommend trying Ash and Excalibur. Ash can sustain the melee multiplier for a very long time with the Rising Storm augment and some duration and Excalibur is a beast since his rework.
Btw, Valkyr's Hysteria is affected by the weapons base stats so the best choice for her at the moment is the Scindo Prime or Prisma Dual Cleavers. Excalibur's Exalted Blade on the other hand benefits from mods. Oh and one more thing... Don't use the mods that give you more slash/puncture/impact even if the weapon has really high stats for those. Elementals scale better so its best to use the +60% status+elemental mods.

Yeha I'm aiming for a scindo prime but right now my galatine will do as it's got solid stats on it and is only a notch worse than the scindo prime (5 less base damage, 10% less crit which is kinda big actually), plus it's potatoed so it can fit full slash mods and 4 elemental mods (955 slash, 650 blast, 650 corrosive). I was under the impression that hysteria only benefited from physical damage bonuses not elemental? I thought I also read that it benefits from finisher damage though so that's something to consider.

From the wiki regarding hysteria
Mods that affect base damage (Pressure Point, Spoiled Strike, Syndicate Weapon Augments and Steel Charge) are the only melee mods that can increase the Hysteria Weapon's damage. As an example, a melee weapon with 30 base damage, +60% damage from Steel Charge, and +30% power strength will deal 300 + 1.75*1.3*30*1.6 = 409.2 damage.

I already feel like I used Excal a bunch, I kinda wanna try a frame that's a bit different from valkyr and excal. Ash seemed cool but a lot of melee stuff too. How are Banshee and Mirage? Those are the next two I'm interested in after I toy around with my rhino prime.

bLaiSe

Yeha I'm aiming for a scindo prime but right now my galatine will do as it's got solid stats on it and is only a notch worse than the scindo prime (5 less base damage, 10% less crit which is kinda big actually), plus it's potatoed so it can fit full slash mods and 4 elemental mods (955 slash, 650 blast, 650 corrosive). I was under the impression that hysteria only benefited from physical damage bonuses not elemental? I thought I also read that it benefits from finisher damage though so that's something to consider.

From the wiki regarding hysteria

I already feel like I used Excal a bunch, I kinda wanna try a frame that's a bit different from valkyr and excal. Ash seemed cool but a lot of melee stuff too. How are Banshee and Mirage? Those are the next two I'm interested in after I toy around with my rhino prime.
Yeah, Hysteria benefits from the base I/P/S damage of the weapon.
Banshee is a really good support but I don't use her that much because I find her a bit boring to be honest. Mirage is a reeeeally good damage dealer and a decent support for Defense missions with Total Eclipse. I only use her to level low rank weapons that don't do enough damage to contribute when I'm on Sechura, though.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Yeah, Hysteria benefits from the base I/P/S damage of the weapon.
Banshee is a really good support but I don't use her that much because I find her a bit boring to be honest. Mirage is a reeeeally good damage dealer and a decent support for Defense missions with Total Eclipse. I only use her to level low rank weapons that don't do enough damage to contribute when I'm on Sechura, though.

Awesome! Guess Imma actually do the mirage quest next and get her built.

Valkyr have its on melee combos in Hysteria form kinda hard to land if you use war cry buff, feels like flash trying to melee everything in the room

Jellie

I'd be interested. Around 6PM UK time would be best for me. I'm running out of credits quickly.

That sounds alright. Might see if wowbaggr can raid around that time. Think he's in one of the Scandinavian countries if my memory is right.

Ideally the group would consist of 6 people since you had issues rejoining a raid if you crashed before. Plus any more than 6 and it becomes a mess usually.

Sooo Im pretty much done playing Warframe on PS4 and have a decent amount of Platinum(655) and would like to sell it for $20 in PSN Credit. Can we request that here or is it frowned upon bc its an in-game/in-system trade??

Edit: Forgot to mention. It'd also cost about 375,000 in-game credits as a trade tax i believe unless you traded something away too?(not too sure)

Amon37

Sooo Im pretty much done playing Warframe on PS4 and have a decent amount of Platinum(655) and would like to sell it for $20 in PSN Credit. Can we request that here or is it frowned upon bc its an in-game/in-system trade??

Edit: Forgot to mention. It'd also cost about 375,000 in-game credits as a trade tax i believe unless you traded something away too?(not too sure)

In this thread? It's ok. Just don't offer it in the actual game or you will be banned from trading and won't be able to get rid of it.

frizby

Little steep for gray market plat. Several of us sell 1k plat for $20, and that's without the risk of trading with someone who we don't know.

I'd suggest 500 for $10 and keep the remainder just in case you decide to play again.

Little steep for gray market plat. Several of us sell 1k plat for $20, and that's without the risk of trading with someone who we don't know.

I'd suggest 500 for $10 and keep the remainder just in case you decide to play again.

So you saying you want 500 Plat heh?? ;)

Amon37

I was reading through the warframe forums and saw a comment I thought was cool.

Suggesting after a certain number of waved or minutes you have fight a boss scaled to however far you are. I think would be cool since I never fight bosses nowadays as I have all frames.

Vinland

Banned
I have been working on my Mesa build the past week. Decided to spend some plat I had lying around. Got a rhino prime from a clan m8 and it is building. Bought a soma prime and forgot I had a Dakra Prime ready so built it and been levelling it too. Need to buy a few mods but overall I am happy and about to start grinding out t4s after Dragoncon.

New update is out now and I just dled it last night so I gotta get used to new movement.

The last two pieces of equinox were crazy.....reaaaally crazy to farm, my friends were joking about killing Regor 50 times....I turned to be a reality

Now I got 250 extra gallium collecting dust and like 9 sets of equinox night form

Top Bottom